Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The good news. 18:06 - Apr 30 with 4390 viewsmushinexile

The bunch of cretinous Wxnkers who have destroyed the city's football club have lost a load of money!
The good news. on 17:55 - May 2 with 612 viewsgrumpy

The good news. on 17:32 - May 2 by Southamptonfan

Today's PL players are out of touch, selfish, headphone wearing, hoods up millionaires. Not one of the Leeds players acknowledged any of their fans, some of them youngsters looking up to their heroes. Another manager sacked at Leeds but just look at these ignorant players. They're grown men and should have some level of respect for the fans who pay their wages. Leeds have had 4 different managers. They are getting sacked left right and centre.

[Post edited 2 May 2023 17:39]

You couldn't have seen the little boys dad on tv this morning.
The good news. on 17:58 - May 2 with 607 viewsRon11

The good news. on 16:21 - May 2 by grumpy

We have the players that could have saved us,but the last two managers have been disastrous.

100% correct.
The likes of Stuart Armstrong for example have never been given a consistent run in the side.
I for one always thought he should have been played up front. He showed his ability against Newcastle, but yet again the idiot in charge changed it all around and yet again all the good work from the first half was thrown away.
There seemed to be a bit of a way forward when when Ward Prowse was played further up the pitch, with even a goal or two from open play from him...this was soon shut down and back to sideways/back from deep, however. Deemed too successful?
It's the drop deep syndrome from that's infected play for four or five years now and I can't really blame the players looking half interested or half arsed if the play well in one game and are immediately dropped for the next, or being absolutely baffled by the so called manager's tactics/lineups/substitutions.
I know Lyanco has a mistake or two in him but he does show some fight and passion. We'll need that next season...
The good news. on 18:02 - May 2 with 600 viewsSouthamptonfan

The good news. on 17:55 - May 2 by grumpy

You couldn't have seen the little boys dad on tv this morning.

I remember the days of Saints players turning up in the Dell car park before games signing autographs before the game. At Eastleigh games, players mingle with the fans, chatting, having photos taken. The PL is a different beast.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

The good news. on 18:05 - May 2 with 594 viewsgrumpy

The good news. on 17:19 - May 2 by saint901

There is fault at all levels for our woeful season.

The owner is clearly not stupid but he was guilty of either not doing enough due diligence into the system he was funding or the people behind the system or the way in which that system was operated.
Why for example buy Tall Paul and Orsic - and not play them?
The system relies upon these sort of players getting minutes and increasing their value.
The management of the club from the football side has been a disaster. Baffling team selection - from all three managers - lack of consistency in tactics, players in the first team on what criteria? We play Walcott as a first choice striker and Edozie doesn't get played at all?
The players I think became frustrated with new tactics and team every week and then disheartened when the results slipped away. Good performances against the better teams and poor performances against others are for me a triumph of personal pride over poor team selection/set up and structure. A good game against Arsenal or City means that your value goes up. A poor show against B'mouth means little.

So I think all are equally to blame.

Then add in us fans.

When did most of us give up this season? A lot earlier than the owners/management/players that's for sure. Teams like ours need to be winning at least half their home games, draw another quarter and that means you need 5 to 10 points on the road. To win a home game against a better side you need support and I'm sorry to say that this has been lacking.

Nobody emerges from this season with much credit.

'Nobody emerges from this season with much credit'

I think the fans deserve a medal,we have won just 2 of 17 games at home this season with 31 goals scored against us.
Any big games and the fans are told to move to accommodate the away fans.
St. Marys (The Temple of Doom) is not home fan friendly.
The support away from home deserves a mention,they have been brilliant.
[Post edited 2 May 2023 18:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024