Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? 06:48 - May 3 with 4215 viewsPatfromPoole

Couple of potential pointers to this being a goer….

1. Rumoured to have been flying in to Southampton yesterday.

2. Idiot Richard Keys did an article this week saying that he saw Rodgers’ next move as being at a club like Southampton. Keys is the sort of gobshite who if he had any inside knowledge just simply would not be able to keep it to himself.

It sort of stacks for me. I can imagine Sport Republic are panicking about fan reactions to our relegation, and are potentially trying to get in early by recruiting a “name” manager to lead our promotion campaign next season.

Just hope he wouldn’t want to sign Vestergaard or Bertrand though……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 07:25 - May 3 with 3172 viewsdwayne_dibley

please God no!

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 07:27 - May 3 with 3175 viewscocklebreath

Can’t stand the fish lipped shiny toothed slime ball. Next

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 07:45 - May 3 with 3161 viewsPatfromPoole

I’m not a fan of his either.

However I would take him over an unknown manager from overseas who has worked with Ankersen before.

Think he might attract the decent signings we would need. Players seem to like him in general.

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 08:02 - May 3 with 3135 viewscocklebreath

Biesla is the man but no chance, he likes to do it his way and that’s not happening here. All out for Potter, pay him a fortune to get us up and get his career back on track

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 08:15 - May 3 with 3108 viewskingslandstand1

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 07:45 - May 3 by PatfromPoole

I’m not a fan of his either.

However I would take him over an unknown manager from overseas who has worked with Ankersen before.

Think he might attract the decent signings we would need. Players seem to like him in general.

Has he done it in the Championship though? Can't remember, did he bring Swansea up or were they already in the Prem when he was there? If he did bring them up then through gritted teeth I may have him but he would need to hit the ground running to hit if off with the fans down here after the way he treated us with contempt when at Lpool
Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 08:20 - May 3 with 3106 viewsSaintNick

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 08:02 - May 3 by cocklebreath

Biesla is the man but no chance, he likes to do it his way and that’s not happening here. All out for Potter, pay him a fortune to get us up and get his career back on track

Devils advocat on Potter, does he have the experience to get a club out of the Championship, in his one season with Swansea, their first after going down they finished 10th.

He then went to Brighton with the task to keep them in the Premier league, he did a very similar job to Ralph Hasenhuttl in many ways for his three seasons in charge, but it could be argues without the restrictions Hassenhuttl was working under.

Both seemed to struggle when they had money to spend, Potter at Chelsea being a step to far from him.

So for the Potter in camp, he has a pedigree in keeping a club in mid table in the Premier league, but lets be blunt that was not good enough in the opinion of Saints fans for keeping Ralph.

Against him is the fact he has no experience in getting a club promoted and if we get there will he be able to take us to chasing a top 10 place.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 08:23 - May 3 with 3105 viewsPatfromPoole

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 08:15 - May 3 by kingslandstand1

Has he done it in the Championship though? Can't remember, did he bring Swansea up or were they already in the Prem when he was there? If he did bring them up then through gritted teeth I may have him but he would need to hit the ground running to hit if off with the fans down here after the way he treated us with contempt when at Lpool

He did get Swansea up, aye.

And they did play great football when he was there.

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 08:36 - May 3 with 3093 viewscocklebreath

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 08:20 - May 3 by SaintNick

Devils advocat on Potter, does he have the experience to get a club out of the Championship, in his one season with Swansea, their first after going down they finished 10th.

He then went to Brighton with the task to keep them in the Premier league, he did a very similar job to Ralph Hasenhuttl in many ways for his three seasons in charge, but it could be argues without the restrictions Hassenhuttl was working under.

Both seemed to struggle when they had money to spend, Potter at Chelsea being a step to far from him.

So for the Potter in camp, he has a pedigree in keeping a club in mid table in the Premier league, but lets be blunt that was not good enough in the opinion of Saints fans for keeping Ralph.

Against him is the fact he has no experience in getting a club promoted and if we get there will he be able to take us to chasing a top 10 place.

We weren’t in mid table when Ralph was sacked, we were on the worst run in our history but you know that. Anyway I think Potter would get us playing good football and the players would respond to him. The chap at Westbrom has them playing some good stuff and turned them round, surely he’d be up for it?

Login to get fewer ads

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 09:06 - May 3 with 3058 viewsPatfromPoole

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 08:36 - May 3 by cocklebreath

We weren’t in mid table when Ralph was sacked, we were on the worst run in our history but you know that. Anyway I think Potter would get us playing good football and the players would respond to him. The chap at Westbrom has them playing some good stuff and turned them round, surely he’d be up for it?

The chap at West Brom performed miracles at Huddersfield last year, and worked under Bielsa at Leeds.

Definite pedigree in the Championship.

We could do worse…..

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 10:09 - May 3 with 2990 viewsfelly1

15th is not mid table. It's 3 places above the relegation spots.
Midtable in a 20 team Prem is 9th to 13th.
Stop obsessing about Ralph.. Move on.
Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 10:48 - May 3 with 2948 viewsButty101

Do you really believe half the stuff you post?

Despite similar budgets over the last 4 years, Ralph never achieved a top 10 finish. One club is sliding and one is steadily improving. See if you can figure it out.

2019-20 Brighton 15th Saints 11th
2020-21 Brighton 16th Saints 15th
2021-22 Brighton 9th Saints 15th
2022-23 Brighton 4th (when Potter left) Saints 17th when ralph left.

As for Chelsea, he would of had zero influence on the incoming transfers - listen back to his interviews and he didnt have a clue who was coming .
[Post edited 3 May 2023 10:49]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 11:22 - May 3 with 2912 viewsDorsetIan

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 10:48 - May 3 by Butty101

Despite similar budgets over the last 4 years, Ralph never achieved a top 10 finish. One club is sliding and one is steadily improving. See if you can figure it out.

As for Chelsea, he would of had zero influence on the incoming transfers - listen back to his interviews and he didnt have a clue who was coming .

This. Comparing Ralph to Potter is ridiculous.

One was so successful that he was given a job at Chelsea.

The other created a failing team with a losing mentality that is now about to drop out of the league like a stone.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 12:03 - May 3 with 2836 viewscocklebreath

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 09:06 - May 3 by PatfromPoole

The chap at West Brom performed miracles at Huddersfield last year, and worked under Bielsa at Leeds.

Definite pedigree in the Championship.

We could do worse…..

It unanimous the westbrom chap is the man we need

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 12:26 - May 3 with 2806 viewsSaintNick

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 10:48 - May 3 by Butty101

So these figures you post are a massive difference then ?

Yes when Potter was sacked Brighton were 4th but Saints were 12th in the same timescale.

In fact if we had taken the league table a few days earlier when Saints had beaten Chelsea to spark Potter's arrival at Stamford Bridge, Brighton were 4th on 10 points, Saints 9th on 7 points.

Again not a big difference, in terms of points in the 3 full seasons they were matched up Ralph got 135 points and Potter 133.

If take to the date that Potter left Brighton with them on 13 points and Saints on 7, so at that point in literally the 2 weeks before he left the Seagulls Potter overtook Ralph's points total to end the direct comparison period just 4 points better off than Ralph.

Yeah I really do believe half the stuff I post because I research it and i also take into account the relevant factors ie budget and the owners investment and dont just rely on my own perception

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 12:31 - May 3 with 2797 viewsDorsetIan

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 12:26 - May 3 by SaintNick

Yes when Potter was sacked Brighton were 4th but Saints were 12th in the same timescale.

In fact if we had taken the league table a few days earlier when Saints had beaten Chelsea to spark Potter's arrival at Stamford Bridge, Brighton were 4th on 10 points, Saints 9th on 7 points.

Again not a big difference, in terms of points in the 3 full seasons they were matched up Ralph got 135 points and Potter 133.

If take to the date that Potter left Brighton with them on 13 points and Saints on 7, so at that point in literally the 2 weeks before he left the Seagulls Potter overtook Ralph's points total to end the direct comparison period just 4 points better off than Ralph.

Yeah I really do believe half the stuff I post because I research it and i also take into account the relevant factors ie budget and the owners investment and dont just rely on my own perception

This is classic not seeing the wood for the trees.

Brighton started as an unfancied promoted team. We had recently had European football.

And look where Brighton are now and where we are - it hasn't happened overnight. Brighton prospered big time under Potter, while we declined under Ralph/Gao.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 12:38 - May 3 with 2788 viewsTimSaint

If the rumours are true and Rodgers really is being linked with us, firstly I am not so sure he would come to us as we will be in the Championship and secondly, I bet he now regrets all those things he said about us as a club when he was Liverpool manager.

We could certainly do a lot worse than him, but ultimately he is a cvnt of the highest order.

TimSaint

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 12:57 - May 3 with 2747 viewsButty101

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 12:26 - May 3 by SaintNick

Clearly you haven’t done your research on the budgets over the last 4 years. In fact Brighton show +24mill profit while we show a loss of -164mill

When you think of the last 2 seasons Brighton have taken 28 more points than us this season in 3 less games and last season 11 more points. It really brings home how we had regressed under Ralph. That’s probably why Chelsea didn’t come calling

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 13:47 - May 3 with 2703 viewsSFC_Referee

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 12:57 - May 3 by Butty101

Clearly you haven’t done your research on the budgets over the last 4 years. In fact Brighton show +24mill profit while we show a loss of -164mill

When you think of the last 2 seasons Brighton have taken 28 more points than us this season in 3 less games and last season 11 more points. It really brings home how we had regressed under Ralph. That’s probably why Chelsea didn’t come calling

We didn’t regress due to Ralph, but we did it due to Gao. As it was our lack of funds which meant that we could never keep hold of our best players, and whenever they did leave we’d simply replace them with a much worse player, with no where near the same levels of quality.
And sorry but you talk about funds , but since Ralph took over to when he left, we’d have a net spend of £140m (with most of it coming in the last summer alone), so for what’s just under 5 years we had an average net spend of like £28m a season. Which is the lowest out of all the teams that have been in the prem consistently for the last 5 years.

As Ralph’s just got the hard of end of it, but how poor we’ve done since he’s left has only gone to show just how poor our squad is, and how it didn’t really matter who was in charge as we just weren’t good enough anymore to stay up. And that at the end of the day has very little to do with the manager, but rather the owners and players they give that manager to use.
But still we’d of certainly of done better than what we have if we’d kept him, as like what West Ham and Forest have shown, keeping the same manager even when the times are tough, isn’t always the worst call, irrelevant of what a few fans that expect Europe every season, expect.

As how anyone can still blame Ralph for the mess we’re in is ridiculous, as we were 18th, just a point from safety and 3 points from 12th. Which certainly ain’t that bad seeing how we’ve earnt the same amount of points since then, but with an extra 6 games on top! As if we’d kept to Ralph’s average, then we’d currently be on 30 points which certainly isn’t us looking certain for relegation like we currently are

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 13:50 - May 3 with 2694 viewsWinchesterExile

Whilst we undoubtedly need a new manager we also need a change in the management of the club. The current lot have made some appalling decisions about the manager(s), player buying and ground management. We could employ the greatest manager the world has ever seen but we’d still be in trouble because of Semmens, Ankerson, etc.

Our future depends on the good or bad decision making of our owner.
[Post edited 3 May 2023 16:54]
Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 13:58 - May 3 with 2626 viewsSlacker

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 13:47 - May 3 by SFC_Referee

We didn’t regress due to Ralph, but we did it due to Gao. As it was our lack of funds which meant that we could never keep hold of our best players, and whenever they did leave we’d simply replace them with a much worse player, with no where near the same levels of quality.
And sorry but you talk about funds , but since Ralph took over to when he left, we’d have a net spend of £140m (with most of it coming in the last summer alone), so for what’s just under 5 years we had an average net spend of like £28m a season. Which is the lowest out of all the teams that have been in the prem consistently for the last 5 years.

As Ralph’s just got the hard of end of it, but how poor we’ve done since he’s left has only gone to show just how poor our squad is, and how it didn’t really matter who was in charge as we just weren’t good enough anymore to stay up. And that at the end of the day has very little to do with the manager, but rather the owners and players they give that manager to use.
But still we’d of certainly of done better than what we have if we’d kept him, as like what West Ham and Forest have shown, keeping the same manager even when the times are tough, isn’t always the worst call, irrelevant of what a few fans that expect Europe every season, expect.

As how anyone can still blame Ralph for the mess we’re in is ridiculous, as we were 18th, just a point from safety and 3 points from 12th. Which certainly ain’t that bad seeing how we’ve earnt the same amount of points since then, but with an extra 6 games on top! As if we’d kept to Ralph’s average, then we’d currently be on 30 points which certainly isn’t us looking certain for relegation like we currently are

Well said sir. I agree.
Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 14:11 - May 3 with 2603 viewssaint22

really??
Potter is a far better manager than Ralph, he turned Brigton into a force and went to Chelsea, where ok he didn't do great but who has recently?
We would be very lucky to get someone of his quality

As for Brenda no thanks and I cant see him dropping his standards to join us
Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 14:20 - May 3 with 2582 viewsMessysaints

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 12:57 - May 3 by Butty101

we regressed, but i dont put it as ralphs fault, we lacked funds and failed to replace key first team players, one of which still has not been adressed. we have needed a decent main striker for ages, or wingers with end product to add to Ches play / replace him, the fact theo is our top forward say enough about our other forwards imho, Peters and Liv being our biggest wide threat, Lavia was injured, no liv, and a board that failed to back him properly was the reason for our poor performances under ralph, If we spent all the transfer budget before the season started and had backed ralph and ralph had this current team to strt the season with, i would believe we would be in a better position right now.

Our current situation is solely the boards fault for not investing before the season started knowing full well how we have struggled for the 2 seasons.

Backing Jones and not fully backing ralph at the start of the season is the reason we are in this mess, Ralph had earned the chance to spend 100 million improving a team he had spent years working hard to keep us in the league on peanuts, while all his key players had been sold / left.
Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 14:26 - May 3 with 2571 viewsButty101

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 13:47 - May 3 by SFC_Referee

Nick was comparing the Potter/Ralph years. Over that time we have posted a big loss Brighton have posted a profit. Thats a fact - even if you factor out the winter window when have spent more than them.

What big stars have we sold in the last 5 years? Ings went for good money but there isnt much else. So that dosent hold true either.

This is a premiership table of points acquired in 2022. All bar one game under Ralph. We sit comfortably at the bottom of all the teams that have played the full year with a goal difference of -32. Ralph would have taken us down this year.

17 Southampton FC 36 8 7 21 38:70 -32 31
18 Fulham FC 17 7 4 6 29:27 2 25
19 Burnley FC 22 6 6 10 19:29 -10 24
20 AFC Bournemouth 17 4 4 9 18:36 -18 16
21 Nottingham Forest 16 3 4 9 11:33 -22 13
22 Norwich City 19 3 3 13 15:42 -27 12
23 Watford FC 21 2 4 15 12:42 -30 10

Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 15:16 - May 3 with 2532 viewsfelly1

We're all getting caught up in the Ralph debate again..we really should just move on...but as a former happy Clapper Ralph fan I've converted to the dark side of bed wetting.
Here's my reasoned bullet point of the Ralph argument.

1. He was a positive manager who brought attacking pressing football to our club. GOOD Ralph.

2. We were defensively naive and got smashed and humiliated. BAD Ralph.

3. We had some brilliant streaky runs of form and even went top of the league. Good Ralph.

4. 21/22 Season... Danny boy departed and other than a Broja inspired 12 game period that basically stopped us getting relegated. The lack of investment in better players caught up with us and we slipped down the league. Pressing football was exposed. BAD Ralph.

5. Season 22/23 Started and it was clear and obvious Ralph had run out of ideas and was finished... Too many kids.. Depressed Ralph.. Sad Ralph.. Bye Ralph.
Brendan Rodgers to be new manager???? on 15:20 - May 3 with 2531 viewsBerber

He built very good footballing sides at Swansea, Liverpool and Leicester. In terms of football quality, Leicester have looked streets ahead of us quality wise. But very few managers, and probably none without large resources will be able to carry on at the level required for PL success. I would welcome him here, knowing that he’d get poached if we were anything like successful. I’m pretty sure he’d get us back into the PL forst time.

As a personality, I’d rather hold discourse with a dog turd though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024