Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red and White Stripes 16:03 - May 29 with 2453 viewssaint_tel

Let's ditch the crappy kit designs and revert to our heritage. A new journey with the traditional stripes. Don't mind an away yellow and blue ! Could be like 76 ! COYR.
Red and White Stripes on 16:35 - May 29 with 2392 viewsobelisk

I'm all in favour of ditching the awful strips we had this season but I think the last time Saints were promoted with traditional stripes was in 1966. Certainly the away strip should be yellow/blue though.
Red and White Stripes on 18:24 - May 29 with 2304 viewsRon11

If the board/management see that, they'll do everything in their power to do just the opposite.
Perhaps we should all mention that we love sideways and back style football too...
Red and White Stripes on 09:25 - May 30 with 2052 viewssaints__fan__73

Red and white is Saints tradition, not necessarily in deckchair stripes though.

We seem to fallen into the routine of doing red and white one season and deckchairs the next which I think keeps everyone happy/unhappy.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Red and White Stripes on 09:40 - May 30 with 2033 viewsBlock8

From what I'm told we will be reverting to a kit very similar to the 1984 kit that closely resembled the Danish national kit of the time!
Red and White Stripes on 11:09 - May 30 with 1994 viewsSaintNick

Red and White Stripes on 16:35 - May 29 by obelisk

I'm all in favour of ditching the awful strips we had this season but I think the last time Saints were promoted with traditional stripes was in 1966. Certainly the away strip should be yellow/blue though.

We had traditional stripes when we were promoted in 2012 to the Premier League

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Red and White Stripes on 11:47 - May 30 with 1982 viewsobelisk

Red and White Stripes on 11:09 - May 30 by SaintNick

We had traditional stripes when we were promoted in 2012 to the Premier League

White sleeves if I remember correctly, Nick. Close but not traditional. I'd happily have that one back for the promotion celebrations in 2024 though.
Red and White Stripes on 12:06 - May 30 with 1970 viewsSaintNick

Red and White Stripes on 11:47 - May 30 by obelisk

White sleeves if I remember correctly, Nick. Close but not traditional. I'd happily have that one back for the promotion celebrations in 2024 though.

You are right with the white sleeves, mind you I dont think they actually standardised the kit until the late 60's before that they used to wear different colour collars and even some different designs for the collar in the same match

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Red and White Stripes on 12:19 - May 30 with 1965 viewsobelisk

Red and White Stripes on 12:06 - May 30 by SaintNick

You are right with the white sleeves, mind you I dont think they actually standardised the kit until the late 60's before that they used to wear different colour collars and even some different designs for the collar in the same match

I remember playing in teams with various strip designs back in the 60s. The colours and styles were often close to being the same but not always.
My first Saints game was '63 but can't remember anything other than everyone in the team turning out in the same strip for a game but that's a long time ago when I was a teenager so the memory might be playing tricks.
Login to get fewer ads

Red and White Stripes on 15:55 - May 30 with 1902 viewsIfonly

Red and White Stripes on 09:40 - May 30 by Block8

From what I'm told we will be reverting to a kit very similar to the 1984 kit that closely resembled the Danish national kit of the time!

I believe this was the 1984 kit

which I don't think looked like the Danish one. Later we had a Draper Tools version.

I think the kit you're referring to was the 87-89 one

Red and White Stripes on 15:59 - May 30 with 1899 viewsCapt_Koons

100% with Saint_Tel.
Proper old school RED & WHITE STRIPES next season and every season after.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Red and White Stripes on 16:13 - May 30 with 1893 viewsUTS1885

Going to look like arsenal then ? Nah its stripey thast the word on the street.
[Post edited 30 May 2023 17:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024