Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A good Goalkeeper please! 15:39 - May 31 with 1824 viewsScrappy2020

We won't get anywhere without a decent keeper,Bazuna had the worst shot to goal ratio in the league and is too young,Leicester lost Schmical and went down,Leeds had problems and went down while Everton had Pickford and stayed up,how many times had McCarthy been beaten at the near post and is not good enough,.It doesn't matter who the manager is or what the team is we have to have a goalkeeper who can sometimes win us a match!!
A good Goalkeeper please! on 15:50 - May 31 with 1796 viewsIfonly

I agree. I don't have any fondness for keepers but I think they are the most undervalued position (apart from AM who is vastly overvalued). Strikers (2 or 3 per team per match) cost big bucks, but keepers (often 1 all season) don't cost much. Plus there is no position where experience counts as much as it does for keepers. Many have played at the top level in their late 30s.

We should have signed Sam Johnstone last year.
A good Goalkeeper please! on 16:06 - May 31 with 1786 viewscocklebreath

Yep we need an average keeper because the current ones are awful, must be a few decent ones in the championship

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

A good Goalkeeper please! on 17:05 - May 31 with 1741 viewsA1079

I recall Lawrie McMenemy saying he had had a conversation with the West Ham manager at the time (era of great managers in the old first division) who said that a good goalkeeper can give you 20 points a season (and I think it was 2 points for a win then). McMenemy said that on the back of that he signed Peter Shilton - the following season we finished 2nd behind Liverpool in the league.
A good Goalkeeper please! on 08:46 - Jun 1 with 1574 viewsPatfromPoole

The stats would appear not to lie.

Far fewer Saints players in this than one would expect though….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

A good Goalkeeper please! on 09:30 - Jun 1 with 1549 viewsSonicBoom

ME is hardly a crowd favourite but I'm not even sure he was our worst player!
Adam Armstrong offered pretty much nothing.
Che Adams glaring misses were quite extraordinary. If he had managed to finish even 2 or 3 of them we would have had a good chance of staying up. That miss at Wolves is still burned into my brain.
Aribo contributed nothing of any note. I could go on and on.
A good Goalkeeper please! on 13:19 - Jun 2 with 1432 viewsareasix

Dean Henderson has just been released by forest back to Man Utd I seem to remember he was a very good keeper, maybe he just wants a new start in the Championship.
A good Goalkeeper please! on 13:29 - Jun 2 with 1422 viewssaints__fan__73

Johnstone would have been a great signing last season. He ended up going to Palace to be their back-up keeper but is far superior to anything we have and is in the latest England squad.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

A good Goalkeeper please! on 13:35 - Jun 2 with 1415 viewsfelly1

Agreed, Bazunu might be good in 5 years time but we need a big experienced keeper.
Last season the goalkeepers at Saints were neither ready or good enough for Premier league football and I fear they're not good enough for the Championship either.
Login to get fewer ads

A good Goalkeeper please! on 17:02 - Jun 2 with 1348 viewsSFC_Referee

Yeah well I don’t get why we didn’t go for Henderson or Pope, as we could’ve probably have gotten Pope from Burnley the season before they went down, as he’s been doing great for a while now. And how we didn’t go for Henderson as well, as he’s far from happy at Man U, so if we had stayed up could’ve probably have gotten him, but even with us going down could probably get him on loan and he sure would be a good signing for us.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

A good Goalkeeper please! on 20:21 - Jun 2 with 1297 viewssaint22

A good Goalkeeper please! on 17:02 - Jun 2 by SFC_Referee

Yeah well I don’t get why we didn’t go for Henderson or Pope, as we could’ve probably have gotten Pope from Burnley the season before they went down, as he’s been doing great for a while now. And how we didn’t go for Henderson as well, as he’s far from happy at Man U, so if we had stayed up could’ve probably have gotten him, but even with us going down could probably get him on loan and he sure would be a good signing for us.

we have been crying out for a good keeper for agues, Forster may well have been it given another chance but no
Its just another nail in the coffin of our atrocious transfer business which ultimately has led to where we are today
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024