Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR in Cup Final 16:09 - Jun 3 with 1541 viewsSalisburySaint

Three debatable VAR decisions in first half of game

First Casermiro goes over the top, yet somehow gets free kick instead of a booking

Second Grealish hand ball, really harsh imo

Third De Breyne clearly taken out by Fred in penalty area, yet no pen

VAR ref Coote either Man U fan or on their payroll or both
VAR in Cup Final on 20:12 - Jun 3 with 1423 viewsSFC_Referee

Can’t lie but from the highlights I’ve watched, I’ve only seen the handball which yeah is harsh and complete BS for the game, but under the LOTG must be given, which is what refs have gotta follow at the end of the day!
But the other two I’ve not seen yet, so anyone got any links to any highlights showing those two?

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

VAR in Cup Final on 20:40 - Jun 3 with 1412 viewssaint22

no surprise its the blind leading the blinding where VAR is concerned
wasn't it Cootes suspended for errors earlier in the season>?
VAR in Cup Final on 22:24 - Jun 3 with 1365 viewsdirk_doone

VAR in Cup Final on 20:12 - Jun 3 by SFC_Referee

Can’t lie but from the highlights I’ve watched, I’ve only seen the handball which yeah is harsh and complete BS for the game, but under the LOTG must be given, which is what refs have gotta follow at the end of the day!
But the other two I’ve not seen yet, so anyone got any links to any highlights showing those two?

At one time there was a rule that if the ball came off of another part of a player's body and hit his hand, it wasn't handball. When and why did that change? He clearly headed the ball towards a cluster of other Man City players, and it lightly brushed his fingertips on its way towards them, which slightly slowed its progress. You had to watch the replay more than once to see if it even touched his fingertips. That seems ridiculous to all football fans.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

VAR in Cup Final on 22:49 - Jun 3 with 1353 viewssledger

casimero should have seen red,deliberate,over the top and meant to injure his opponent,does it all the time just cant help himself
VAR in Cup Final on 22:50 - Jun 3 with 1349 viewsSFC_Referee

VAR in Cup Final on 22:24 - Jun 3 by dirk_doone

At one time there was a rule that if the ball came off of another part of a player's body and hit his hand, it wasn't handball. When and why did that change? He clearly headed the ball towards a cluster of other Man City players, and it lightly brushed his fingertips on its way towards them, which slightly slowed its progress. You had to watch the replay more than once to see if it even touched his fingertips. That seems ridiculous to all football fans.

It changed last summer, as that part of the law was only in play for the 21/22 season, but got removed straight away as it was a stupid part to the law and caused all sorts of issues and confusion
[Post edited 4 Jun 2023 9:27]

VAR in Cup Final on 10:29 - Jun 4 with 1214 viewsRon11

Glad we haven't got to endure VAR delays next season. Surely it was brought in to remove any doubt from certain decisions or actions, but when referees spend three or four minutes looking at a screen and even then occasionally making an incorrect decision it has become a farce - as has the increasing levels of player dissent, getting in the referee's face, etc. I'd rather see them deal with that kind of nonsense, Fernandes' constant diving, whining and getting the ref's face for example. Instant yellow card for me.
We've had the Italian style over here for far too long, footballers acting like petulant children with Mourinho as their patron. Wa nker.
VAR in Cup Final on 11:02 - Jun 4 with 1198 viewssledger

VAR in Cup Final on 10:29 - Jun 4 by Ron11

Glad we haven't got to endure VAR delays next season. Surely it was brought in to remove any doubt from certain decisions or actions, but when referees spend three or four minutes looking at a screen and even then occasionally making an incorrect decision it has become a farce - as has the increasing levels of player dissent, getting in the referee's face, etc. I'd rather see them deal with that kind of nonsense, Fernandes' constant diving, whining and getting the ref's face for example. Instant yellow card for me.
We've had the Italian style over here for far too long, footballers acting like petulant children with Mourinho as their patron. Wa nker.

isnt that what anthony tayler did in the europa final,then you got the likes of mourhinio screaming like a petulant child,the games authorities need to get a serious grip of the dissent and blatant cheating going on,it would make referees jobs a lot easier if they could believe what they were seeing and i for one as a fan am sick to the back teeth of seeing it every game
VAR in Cup Final on 12:31 - Jun 4 with 1180 viewsRon11

VAR in Cup Final on 11:02 - Jun 4 by sledger

isnt that what anthony tayler did in the europa final,then you got the likes of mourhinio screaming like a petulant child,the games authorities need to get a serious grip of the dissent and blatant cheating going on,it would make referees jobs a lot easier if they could believe what they were seeing and i for one as a fan am sick to the back teeth of seeing it every game

Yes, this is my point.
The whole lot were out of control, hence the yellow cards from Taylor.
It's no wonder football is becoming ridiculed when you see dickheads like Mourinho acting like a drunk armchair pundit and idiots throwing chairs at the airport....the likes of Klopp trying to come across so nice in tv interviews, next minute screaming into a fourth officials face with aggression. Ban the coonts for a whole season, that might sort things out a bit.
Login to get fewer ads

VAR in Cup Final on 18:34 - Jun 5 with 1021 viewsScoot

It's not VARs fault. It's the plumb in the office. No difference to the plumb on the pitch. Why is this so hard to understand?

Poll: Should NJ go?

VAR in Cup Final on 19:13 - Jun 5 with 1004 viewsSFC_Referee

VAR in Cup Final on 18:34 - Jun 5 by Scoot

It's not VARs fault. It's the plumb in the office. No difference to the plumb on the pitch. Why is this so hard to understand?

Because usually it’s not their fault, but simply that the LOTG is what they’ve gotta follow, which many fans barely know anyway, but also can sometimes can lead to some decisions that no fans agree with (like the pen in this game). And that’s got nothing to do with VAR, the refs, AR’s etc… but simply IFAB and their LOTG

VAR in Cup Final on 21:21 - Jun 5 with 966 viewsDorsetIan

It's a peculiar form of football delusion that some people still can't see what an absolute pile of tripe VAR is.

All it is now is a monument to how stubborn and stupid the people who run the game are.

How many years of this nonsense have we had now? - and still it rolls on.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024