Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
9 weeks until the opening game of the season 08:45 - Jun 7 with 2029 viewsMattFinish

And we still don’t have a manager in place

The question has to be asked would we have been better off staying with Gao

He was tight as a duck’s arse but he ran the club a damn lot better than the current crowd
9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 08:50 - Jun 7 with 2013 viewsSaintNick

Given that all the players are on holiday and so would a manager be if we had one, there is little actual work being done at any club at the moment.

But lets be honest Russell Martin is all but signed sealed and delivered, he will already be talking to the club about signings for next season and what he wants in place for pre season etc.

So to suggest that the club is in turmoil due to this is far off the mark.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 13:45 - Jun 7 with 1929 viewsMattFinish

9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 08:50 - Jun 7 by SaintNick

Given that all the players are on holiday and so would a manager be if we had one, there is little actual work being done at any club at the moment.

But lets be honest Russell Martin is all but signed sealed and delivered, he will already be talking to the club about signings for next season and what he wants in place for pre season etc.

I’m assuming that Sports Republic have had a new manager in mind since a few weeks into Selles’s reign when it was clear that Selles wasn’t going to keep us up. Surely we should have been in a position to appoint Martin immediately if only to at least demonstrate to the fans that they’re on top of the situation
9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 13:55 - Jun 7 with 1914 views1885_SFC

Martin has two values written into his contract for clubs looking to take him away from the Swansea.com Stadium. A higher fee for Premier League clubs, and a lower fee for those from the Championship. The difference is believed to be around £500k.

Old School is Cool

9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 13:57 - Jun 7 with 1910 viewsPatfromPoole

9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 08:50 - Jun 7 by SaintNick

“Given that all the players are on holiday…..”

Insert your own punchline.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 14:50 - Jun 7 with 1871 viewsDorsetIan

Gao's the one who got us into this sorry state.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 15:52 - Jun 7 with 1812 viewsdirk_doone

9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 13:55 - Jun 7 by 1885_SFC

Martin has two values written into his contract for clubs looking to take him away from the Swansea.com Stadium. A higher fee for Premier League clubs, and a lower fee for those from the Championship. The difference is believed to be around £500k.

As if any Premier League or Championship club would want to take him...

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 17:47 - Jun 7 with 1743 viewsMattFinish

Nick I don’t think I said the club were in turmoil but in my opinion they sacked a manager who would have kept us up having failed to get him the players he needed then appointed a complete shot in the dark with Jones, then wasted more money on poor buys in January and failed to get rid of Jones soon enough, then put our premier league survival in the hands of a manager with absolutely zero experience of managing a team, then failed to get rid of him when he was clearly completely out of his depth
All this led to relegation having spent £149m which was more than Real Madrid, PSG and every other PL side apart from Chelsea
So maybe they’re not in turmoil but they aren’t looking too impressive
9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 19:58 - Jun 7 with 1679 viewsgrumpy

9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 17:47 - Jun 7 by MattFinish

Nick I don’t think I said the club were in turmoil but in my opinion they sacked a manager who would have kept us up having failed to get him the players he needed then appointed a complete shot in the dark with Jones, then wasted more money on poor buys in January and failed to get rid of Jones soon enough, then put our premier league survival in the hands of a manager with absolutely zero experience of managing a team, then failed to get rid of him when he was clearly completely out of his depth
All this led to relegation having spent £149m which was more than Real Madrid, PSG and every other PL side apart from Chelsea
So maybe they’re not in turmoil but they aren’t looking too impressive

Spot on,Matt.
Login to get fewer ads

9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 08:47 - Jun 8 with 1578 viewsMattFinish

9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 19:58 - Jun 7 by grumpy

Spot on,Matt.

As far as I’m concerned Grumps since taking over 17 months ago the only things they’ve got right are buying Lavia and Alcaraz. Everything else they’ve done has been poor. Okay they’ve put the money into the team but buying a load of players averaging approx £12m each is not going to cut the mustard in the PL
9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 14:54 - Jun 8 with 1490 viewsgrumpy

9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 08:47 - Jun 8 by MattFinish

As far as I’m concerned Grumps since taking over 17 months ago the only things they’ve got right are buying Lavia and Alcaraz. Everything else they’ve done has been poor. Okay they’ve put the money into the team but buying a load of players averaging approx £12m each is not going to cut the mustard in the PL

Trouble is, Matt we appear to have owners who have money but poor knowledge of the football side.Jones was the catalyst for the disaster that followed what were they thinking when they appointed him I will never know.Selles should have gone not Ralph.
9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 09:53 - Jun 10 with 1280 viewsMattFinish

9 weeks until the opening game of the season on 14:54 - Jun 8 by grumpy

Trouble is, Matt we appear to have owners who have money but poor knowledge of the football side.Jones was the catalyst for the disaster that followed what were they thinking when they appointed him I will never know.Selles should have gone not Ralph.

In my opinion Grumps if we’d kept Ralph and just spent £35m on a decent striker and £25m on a decent keeper last summer we’d be playing PL football next season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024