Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin 15:46 - Jun 10 with 6006 viewsSteveMoron

Is he coming or not?? A couple of wasted weeks already.
Russell Martin on 16:20 - Jun 10 with 5023 viewsPatfromPoole

There are other threads on this.

Yes, on June 14 or 15, when we are officially a Championship club, and we thereby save about £400k in compo we have to pay Swansea.

Nick will fill in any gaps I have missed there.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Russell Martin on 16:40 - Jun 10 with 5001 viewskingslandstand1

Russell Martin on 16:20 - Jun 10 by PatfromPoole

There are other threads on this.

Yes, on June 14 or 15, when we are officially a Championship club, and we thereby save about £400k in compo we have to pay Swansea.

Nick will fill in any gaps I have missed there.

Amazing, wasting time for £450k. I know things are a lot tighter down in the depths we now find ourselves in, but surely he could have doing some work in that time? 1st game in just 8 weeks time!
Russell Martin on 17:51 - Jun 10 with 4938 viewsBLEEDRED

Russell Martin on 16:40 - Jun 10 by kingslandstand1

Amazing, wasting time for £450k. I know things are a lot tighter down in the depths we now find ourselves in, but surely he could have doing some work in that time? 1st game in just 8 weeks time!

Most players are on holiday and don't report back to training for about 10 days. So there would be very little he could do.
Russell Martin on 19:46 - Jun 10 with 4824 viewssaintwizzler

Russell Martin on 17:51 - Jun 10 by BLEEDRED

Most players are on holiday and don't report back to training for about 10 days. So there would be very little he could do.

And getting their hair dyed purple.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Russell Martin on 22:22 - Jun 10 with 4712 viewsdirk_doone

Let's hope not.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Russell Martin on 07:33 - Jun 11 with 4580 viewscocklebreath

Russell Martin on 22:22 - Jun 10 by dirk_doone

Let's hope not.

I know it’s a big if but if he turns out good are you gonna give him some credit?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Russell Martin on 11:09 - Jun 11 with 4442 viewsMytchettSaint

Russell Martin on 07:33 - Jun 11 by cocklebreath

I know it’s a big if but if he turns out good are you gonna give him some credit?

It is a big if, as the signs for it happening aren’t filling many on here with hope.

But if he does, we’re going to have to give sports republic /ankerson some credit for finally getting something right.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Russell Martin on 12:45 - Jun 11 with 4375 viewsUTS1885

Next Thurs/Fri post football league AGM

£450K is a lot of money esp when youre making people redundant, but lets hope the useless players are out the door as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin on 14:55 - Jun 11 with 4305 viewsdirk_doone

Russell Martin on 07:33 - Jun 11 by cocklebreath

If he does, yes, I will be happy to. Right now, in my opinion, he looks a very poor choice and there are many better managers we could get. He's been poor to mediocre at both MK Dons and Swansea so I'd expect no better of him here. Let's hope I'm wrong.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2023 14:56]

Russell Martin on 17:37 - Jun 14 with 3962 viewsSteveMoron

I repeat...
Russell Martin on 23:01 - Jun 14 with 3830 viewsSFC_Referee

Tbf it’s hardly that wasted time seeing how many players we’ll be changing up, and how any that aren’t are almost certainly on holiday at the moment anyway.

But still what is happening with Martins? As it was ages ago that we first heard about him, then everyone was saying it would happen like a fortnight ago, and now people were saying it’s gonna happen on the 14th or 15th…
But seeing how todays the 14th and nothings been announced, what happens if nothing gets announced tomorrow? As unless we do get it confirmed tomorrow that he’s joining us then I’m really starting to wonder if we will be getting him in the first place and how long it’ll be until we move on?

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Russell Martin on 23:46 - Jun 14 with 3822 viewsdirk_doone

Russell Martin on 23:01 - Jun 14 by SFC_Referee

Tbf it’s hardly that wasted time seeing how many players we’ll be changing up, and how any that aren’t are almost certainly on holiday at the moment anyway.

But still what is happening with Martins? As it was ages ago that we first heard about him, then everyone was saying it would happen like a fortnight ago, and now people were saying it’s gonna happen on the 14th or 15th…
But seeing how todays the 14th and nothings been announced, what happens if nothing gets announced tomorrow? As unless we do get it confirmed tomorrow that he’s joining us then I’m really starting to wonder if we will be getting him in the first place and how long it’ll be until we move on?

"I’m really starting to wonder if we will be getting him in the first place"

I can reassure you, Swansea don't want to keep him so he's definitely coming here. Who else would take him?

Russell Martin on 01:59 - Jun 15 with 3795 viewsNYC_Saint

I still wonder if now Wilcox had joined, he's stalled it as he's not impressed. I know age isn't everything but the guy is 37 and, in theory, could still be playing. What experience does he have that leads anyone to think he'll get us back to the premier league? I struggle to see what he has done to wow the owners beyond sorting an excel spreadsheet of managers by the possession percentage column and picking the first one that isn't at a CL club and is cheap.
Russell Martin on 09:44 - Jun 15 with 3671 viewssledger

what more holiday,some of them been on holiday for the last 9 months
Russell Martin on 12:55 - Jun 15 with 3620 viewsdirk_doone

When Pochettino arrived, his first act was to double the players' training hours; when Nathan Jones arrived, his first act was to give the players a 2-week holiday.

Russell Martin on 13:35 - Jun 15 with 3604 viewsSteveMoron

I think most of us thought it would be announced the Monday after the season finished.
Fixtures out next week. That'll focus their minds.
Russell Martin on 20:44 - Jun 15 with 3393 viewsBazza

And Leicester are after Solskjaer or Scott Parker. And Saints are after who...?
Russell Martin on 20:51 - Jun 15 with 3388 viewsgrumpy

Russell Martin on 20:44 - Jun 15 by Bazza

and were getting the Swansea Manager and might get some Swansea players,exciting eh?
Russell Martin on 22:18 - Jun 15 with 3323 viewsPatfromPoole

Russell Martin on 20:44 - Jun 15 by Bazza

Leicester are welcome to Solskjaer.

Russell Martin on 22:28 - Jun 15 with 3318 viewsSteveMoron

Apparently Martin is a done deal at last.
Russell Martin on 22:49 - Jun 15 with 3300 viewsPatfromPoole

Russell Martin on 22:28 - Jun 15 by SteveMoron

Apparently Martin is a done deal at last.

It always was.

Russell Martin on 07:23 - Jun 19 with 3076 viewsSadoldgit

According to Planet Swans compensation has now been agreed and he is due to be announced as our new manager today or tomorrow.
Russell Martin on 08:28 - Jun 19 with 3031 viewssaint22

Russell Martin on 22:18 - Jun 15 by PatfromPoole

Leicester are welcome to Solskjaer.

I would far rather see Ole here than Russell
Russell Martin on 09:37 - Jun 19 with 2975 viewsButty101

Looks like he is about to arrive. Swansea fans seem to be happy hes moving on

Colin Monday, 19 June 2023, 9:04 At 09:04
From this Swans point of view I wish RM good luck but am not sorry to see him go
He put us through a nightmare this season despite a strong finish which flatters to deceive the full picture . Tippy happy football offering no threat at the front and suicide football at the back. We move on to better things now

Tim Brown Monday, 19 June 2023, 9:15 At 09:15
Good luck to the fans in the South Coast! A man with “a big ego” and a man “who refuses to learn from his mistakes” is what they are getting! He also manipulates the media very well- well spoken and looks genuine! But he will drive you nuts with him thinking he is Guardiola and his team is MC!

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Russell Martin on 09:48 - Jun 19 with 2966 viewsgrumpy

The fault lies squarely on the people who employ these managers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024