Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JoJo Gone 16:59 - Jun 19 with 21590 viewsDubaiR

Left the club.
JoJo Gone on 17:09 - Jun 20 with 2403 viewsJuzzie

JoJo Gone on 14:47 - Jun 20 by 1JD

No, I mean that GA and Dobbo have played a certain style for 11 seasons, and that isn’t about to change any time soon.

In terms of the situation we were in before he joined, it wasn’t pretty but Ainsworth made it a damn sight more ugly as he somehow made us even worse!

Before Ainsworth joined.
Points per game: 1.18. Final position extrapolated, 16th.

After Ainsworth joined.
Points per game: 0.85. Final position extrapolated, 24th.

I personally think he would have got more out of the squad had he played to their strengths not his. But we will never know.

"Before Ainsworth joined.

After Ainsworth joined.
Points per game: 0.85. Final position extrapolated, 24th."

I presume 'Before Ainsworth Joined' includes the first third of the season when we were flying? If so, that'll artificially increase the PPG.

A better benchmark would probably be between Beale leaving up to the game before the Blackburn (h) game.
JoJo Gone on 17:28 - Jun 20 with 2327 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

JoJo Gone on 14:47 - Jun 20 by 1JD

No, I mean that GA and Dobbo have played a certain style for 11 seasons, and that isn’t about to change any time soon.

In terms of the situation we were in before he joined, it wasn’t pretty but Ainsworth made it a damn sight more ugly as he somehow made us even worse!

Before Ainsworth joined.

After Ainsworth joined.
Points per game: 0.85. Final position extrapolated, 24th.

I personally think he would have got more out of the squad had he played to their strengths not his. But we will never know.

Bit misleading that mate.

Very different results when you take Beale’s results out of it.
JoJo Gone on 17:30 - Jun 20 with 2326 viewsWatford_Ranger

It’s probably been covered several times without me bothering to read the whole thread but I think as a permanent signing he was pretty woeful overall. Our so-called captain often found loitering nowhere near the play and no legs at all by the end. I won’t miss him.
JoJo Gone on 17:40 - Jun 20 with 2290 views1JD

JoJo Gone on 17:28 - Jun 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Bit misleading that mate.

Very different results when you take Beale’s results out of it.

Ok let’s say it another way.

Ainsworth’s record was played 13, won 3, lost 8, drew 2.

He had nearly a third of a season and he posted 0.85 points per game.

At 0.85 points per game average, we’d have finished 24th.

What is misleading?
JoJo Gone on 17:43 - Jun 20 with 2279 viewsCateLeBonR

JoJo Gone on 17:30 - Jun 20 by Watford_Ranger

It’s probably been covered several times without me bothering to read the whole thread but I think as a permanent signing he was pretty woeful overall. Our so-called captain often found loitering nowhere near the play and no legs at all by the end. I won’t miss him.

Agreed. As a player I thought he was disappointing on the whole but we did tend to play better when he was in the side. As a captain I thought he was awful. I can’t think of many worse tbh, maybe even including Joey Barton.
JoJo Gone on 17:47 - Jun 20 with 2274 views1JD

JoJo Gone on 16:39 - Jun 20 by QPR_John

Or to put in another way on 23 October we had our highest points per game of 1.88. We won just 1 game out of 17 after that before Ainsworth took over when we were on 1.18 point per game as you say a drop of 0.67 points . We won 3 games in the 13 Ainsworth was in charge and went from 1.18 to 1.09 a drop of 0.09 points. Maybe he did get more out of the squad.

Lies, damn lies and statistics

It depends how you want to spin it John.

Take away the Critchley record, and it doesn’t look very rosy for Gareth does it? GAs record was marginally better than Critchleys, who got sacked.

Where is the benchmark? Beale? Or Critchleys record? Depends on your narrative. Perhaps somewhere in the middle if we are being fair.

Regardless, GAs record, as a stand alone data point was averaging 0.85 points per game. That is very very low. And extrapolated over a season for the analytics gurus, would have seen us land in 24th place.
JoJo Gone on 19:08 - Jun 20 with 2124 viewsQPR_John

JoJo Gone on 17:47 - Jun 20 by 1JD

It depends how you want to spin it John.

Take away the Critchley record, and it doesn’t look very rosy for Gareth does it? GAs record was marginally better than Critchleys, who got sacked.

Where is the benchmark? Beale? Or Critchleys record? Depends on your narrative. Perhaps somewhere in the middle if we are being fair.

Regardless, GAs record, as a stand alone data point was averaging 0.85 points per game. That is very very low. And extrapolated over a season for the analytics gurus, would have seen us land in 24th place.

"Where is the benchmark? Beale? Or Critchleys record? "

I would say Critchleys record was more relevant than Beales at the time Ainsworth took over. as a measure of the state of the team. Ainsworth's job was to turn around an oil tanker which he eventually did.
JoJo Gone on 19:38 - Jun 20 with 2038 viewshubble

Back to the original subject, let's be honest: Jojo was a man who thought he was a loaner, but he knew it couldn't last.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Login to get fewer ads

JoJo Gone on 19:55 - Jun 20 with 1995 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

JoJo Gone on 17:40 - Jun 20 by 1JD

Ok let’s say it another way.

Ainsworth’s record was played 13, won 3, lost 8, drew 2.

He had nearly a third of a season and he posted 0.85 points per game.

At 0.85 points per game average, we’d have finished 24th.

What is misleading?

It’s mental gymnastics mate.

Equally, and just as ridiculously, his April / May form means we will be in playoffs. We can all cherry pick to suit our views.

It’s going to be a long season if we cement our attitudes now, especially based on that basket case last season.

How about a fresh start? Like Holloway got under his first stint. He took us down then got us promoted two seasons later, with Steve Palmer no less.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2023 20:43]
JoJo Gone on 20:21 - Jun 20 with 1913 viewsnumptydumpty

JoJo Gone on 17:05 - Jun 19 by Rangersw12

Good luck to him

Do wonder if we will have anyone who can pass the ball left at the club by August

Was never involved this season

Very ineffective. Had to go tbf

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

JoJo Gone on 20:25 - Jun 20 with 1907 viewsnumptydumpty

JoJo Gone on 17:29 - Jun 19 by Northernr

Well atm we're lacking in everything.

Players still here who played minutes last season..

Dieng

drewe
kakay
jcs
dunne
paal
Nico

Adomah
Chair
dozzell
field
Richards
EDB

Armstrong
dykes
willock

The defence their worst ever.

Midfield apart from Field is pants also.

I would classify Chair as an attacker

Willock Chair Armstrong and Dykes on form that's fine !!!

Dieng should be good but often isn't...
[Post edited 20 Jun 2023 20:33]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

JoJo Gone on 21:21 - Jun 20 with 1797 viewsdavman

JoJo Gone on 10:59 - Jun 20 by Northernr

Thank you. Getting from losing £25m to losing £4m in a couple of seasons requires extreme cut backs and is incredibly difficult to do while maintaining some sort of squad standard. If it was as easy as is being made out, we'd just have done it anyway wouldn't we? I can't imagine the owners want to lose £25m on a team with Andre Gray up front. We've only managed it once recently, and we did that only by selling a player for £16m+£4m. So unless we make another significant sale, it's going to be difficult and the budget is going to be tight.

"I can't imagine the owners want to lose £25m on a team with Andre Gray up front"

But they (or their delegated staff) ultimately sanctioned those signings. We just don't know who sanctioned the gamble which has left us destitute, but seeing as Austin seems to have come from Fernandes or Bhattia and not Sir Les, they are certainly complicit in the spending.

FWIW, we are going to see austerity like never before on the incomings whatever picture Sakura is trying to portray. This season will be ugly, but just imagine what next season will be like if we have to rebuild on half as much again...

...and goodbye Stef. Just like Austin, the policy of not signing over 30s on big money went out of the window that summer. They were never quite as good permanent compared to the loan periods, Shame.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

JoJo Gone on 22:10 - Jun 20 with 1682 viewsBurnleyhoop

JoJo Gone on 12:33 - Jun 20 by 1JD

Ainsworth didn’t do what he had to do. He had a choice. All managers have a choice. But he did what all of us tend to do, he deviated to a. what he knows, and b. what he is most comfortable with.

So there was virtually no chance he was going to come in and implement a historically different style to what he is used to... Even if he had joined us mid-table and 8 points clear of the drop zone… oh wait, he did!

In free fall. He provided the much needed parachute.
JoJo Gone on 22:12 - Jun 20 with 1680 viewsYorkshirehoop

JoJo Gone on 21:21 - Jun 20 by davman

"I can't imagine the owners want to lose £25m on a team with Andre Gray up front"

But they (or their delegated staff) ultimately sanctioned those signings. We just don't know who sanctioned the gamble which has left us destitute, but seeing as Austin seems to have come from Fernandes or Bhattia and not Sir Les, they are certainly complicit in the spending.

FWIW, we are going to see austerity like never before on the incomings whatever picture Sakura is trying to portray. This season will be ugly, but just imagine what next season will be like if we have to rebuild on half as much again...

...and goodbye Stef. Just like Austin, the policy of not signing over 30s on big money went out of the window that summer. They were never quite as good permanent compared to the loan periods, Shame.

Ok he wernt our player and was only on loan but 10 goals in 28 matches.several apps off the bench and carrying one or two knocks.thats a semi decent return.our heavily tattoed forward is a striker that don't score goals.To today 29 goals in a 114 matches ain't clever.lyndon dykes is no big loss to QPR.dont care what he contributes he don't score and as for that miss in the loft end at home to blackpool my cat Simba could have tapped that in.
JoJo Gone on 22:35 - Jun 20 with 1599 viewsdavman

JoJo Gone on 22:12 - Jun 20 by Yorkshirehoop

Ok he wernt our player and was only on loan but 10 goals in 28 matches.several apps off the bench and carrying one or two knocks.thats a semi decent return.our heavily tattoed forward is a striker that don't score goals.To today 29 goals in a 114 matches ain't clever.lyndon dykes is no big loss to QPR.dont care what he contributes he don't score and as for that miss in the loft end at home to blackpool my cat Simba could have tapped that in.

Totally agree on Dykes - I was castigated royally on here for calling him out earlier in his career. He is not a goalscorer.

BUT, the attitude of getting off that sick bed and playing like he did when all around were collapsing gave him some cred in my eyes. He is not the answer upfront, but combine him with Armstrong or another pacy individual who can get in behind and we might be on to something.

And, unless we get £3m+ for him we aren't going to find much better than Chris Martin to replace him...

...and that is what scares the sh1t out of me if (when) he goes...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

JoJo Gone on 22:59 - Jun 20 with 1556 viewsLoyalitat

JoJo Gone on 22:12 - Jun 20 by Yorkshirehoop

Totally agree, he knew where the goal was as 6 goals in just 13 starts clearly proved last season.
JoJo Gone on 23:44 - Jun 20 with 1469 viewsVancouverHoop

Dykes for QPR = 1 goal per 3.9 games

Dykes for Scotland = 1 goal per 3.2 games

He's not Haaland by any stretch but he's not chopped liver either.

If someone fed him, and/or played off him a bit more he'd maybe be more productive. He was instrumental in Scotland's win in Norway because he had team-mates around to pass to, and to receive from. That just hasn't happened for us. Too often he's a lone attacker in the oppo's area. He needs feeding and players to feed.
JoJo Gone on 12:29 - Jun 21 with 1228 viewsE15Hoop

JoJo Gone on 16:11 - Jun 20 by stevec

Well there won’t be any significant sales, that’s for sure.

Hopefully we’ll stop planning around this stupid idea that if we keep producing an Eze every three years and fattening them up for market, everything will be alright. It’s mental.

Still maintain that relegation would have given us the breathing space to rethink everything long term but we are where we are, and this season is not the one to get relegated.

Might do us a bit of good being forced to focus on one thing this season, putting a side out that can do it’s best job for just this club only and not worry about their bloody resale price.

I think you might be in danger of letting logic and sound rationale get in the way of what the messaging from the top brass and in particular the Academy Leadership is likely to be, Fella.

You just know that with all the fuss around Heston there's going to be the message coming out sooner or later about "how we've now got all the pieces in place to unearth and develop the best talent etc. etc. blah blah, blah.."

On the plus side, you would think that should mean that minds become concentrated and focussed sharpely on producing - on the negative, what happens if, as you say, we decide to start pinning our main hopes on Player A,B or C to be the goose that lays the golden egg?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024