Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 19:02 - Jul 18 with 36363 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/fansforum_august2023/

3rd August 7pm for 7:30pm

This seems to have slipped under the message board radar

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Fans Forum on 20:21 - Aug 3 with 3531 views_Windydale

Fans Forum on 20:12 - Aug 3 by blackdogblue

I have the ultimate respect for Big Jim watching this šŸ‘

Assured on the mic, I think he's grown in his communication skills as I wasn't too sure in his first few games.. I think I remember he has a journalist qualification too that would help.
He's saying the right things and comes across as a positive sole and humble doing his best no matter what the clubs internal scenario.
Fans Forum on 20:24 - Aug 3 with 3509 viewsblackdogblue

Fans Forum on 20:12 - Aug 3 by blackdogblue

I have the ultimate respect for Big Jim watching this šŸ‘

Ffs.. can we get to the elephants in the room ā€¦

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Fans Forum on 20:24 - Aug 3 with 3504 viewsDaleiLama

Fans Forum on 20:17 - Aug 3 by kel

Was going to post the same. Heā€™s coming across brilliantly and his honesty is so refreshing.

Honesty in spades but what's impressed me from when he took over is his analytical nature, his observational skills and his thoughtfulness. He's so much smarter than I expected

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fans Forum on 20:32 - Aug 3 with 3432 viewsblackdogblue

Fans Forum on 20:24 - Aug 3 by DaleiLama

Honesty in spades but what's impressed me from when he took over is his analytical nature, his observational skills and his thoughtfulness. He's so much smarter than I expected

This is not quiz the head coach.. o my fookin word ā€¦

Fans Forum on 20:36 - Aug 3 with 3390 viewsblackdogblue

Getting a taxi in a minuteā€¦look at the top tableā€¦

There are more important things to speak aboutā€¦

Fans Forum on 20:47 - Aug 3 with 3255 viewsShun

Jim speaks incredibly well. Probably the best manager in that respect weā€™ve had in my Dale-supporting career (since Parkinā€™s second spell). His affection for Dale is clear.

Similarly to Dalei_Llama, his analytical nature impressed me. Heā€™s clearly an intelligent person but he seems to want to put that intelligence to work in a football way.

Crucially, and what I found most pleasing, was his continued references to the culture that he, in his words, is repairing. And he went to great length to stress that these are his players. Daleā€™s players. They want to be here. He really gets this club, and he gets the fans.
Fans Forum on 21:07 - Aug 3 with 3041 viewsnordenblue

Has the YouTube link stopped now?
Fans Forum on 21:08 - Aug 3 with 3027 viewsRotherhamDale

Fans Forum on 21:07 - Aug 3 by nordenblue

Still going. Just go on the clubs youtube channel and click the first link

Possession with progression.

Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum on 21:41 - Aug 3 with 2706 viewsDale2017

Jamie Sarsfield is definitely adopting the fighting talk tonight isn't he?

Simon Gauge definitely got quite abrasive with quite a few questions. Especially around George Delves performance review
Fans Forum on 21:41 - Aug 3 with 2706 views_Windydale

Must admit Simon doesn't look very well. Looks a bit fooked.
Doing all this for free and getting constant frenzy of negative crit from naĆÆve armchair director fans who think they can do better, who don't take into account the whole picture, it must take it's toll.
I do respect what they are trying to achieve under the difficult financial circumstances, sure they aren't perfect but have put themselves forward in the clubs time of need. Until we get a buyer to inject some dosh.
Fans Forum on 21:43 - Aug 3 with 2680 viewsDaleFan7

Fans Forum on 21:07 - Aug 3 by nordenblue

It did stop for a minute, unfortunately you can only go back so far now so I missed Jim speaking.
Fans Forum on 22:01 - Aug 3 with 2421 viewssooty_dale

Fans Forum on 21:41 - Aug 3 by Dale2017

Jamie Sarsfield is definitely adopting the fighting talk tonight isn't he?

Simon Gauge definitely got quite abrasive with quite a few questions. Especially around George Delves performance review

The question about Delves' performance review was pathetic and got the answer it deserved
Fans Forum on 22:06 - Aug 3 with 2343 viewsShun

That second half was, at times, really uncomfortable viewing. Some excruciatingly hard-hitting questions towards the end. I thought Delves came across well despite the grilling he received from one questioner, and I always think Tony Pockney comes across well too. The real star of the night was obviously Jim.

Gauge and the other two directors were visibly fed up and upset towards the end. I have immense sympathy with them - theyā€™ve sacrificed hundreds of thousands of pounds and theyā€™re vilified. Itā€™s for that reason Iā€™ll be voting ā€˜yesā€™ at the EGM. Having said that, the biggest applause of the night came after Markā€™s question and rightly so. Thereā€™s so much more this club could be doing.
Fans Forum on 22:06 - Aug 3 with 2332 views_Windydale

Fans Forum on 21:43 - Aug 3 by DaleFan7

It did stop for a minute, unfortunately you can only go back so far now so I missed Jim speaking.

best bit
Fans Forum on 22:07 - Aug 3 with 2320 viewsDalenet

Fans Forum on 21:41 - Aug 3 by _Windydale

Must admit Simon doesn't look very well. Looks a bit fooked.
Doing all this for free and getting constant frenzy of negative crit from naĆÆve armchair director fans who think they can do better, who don't take into account the whole picture, it must take it's toll.
I do respect what they are trying to achieve under the difficult financial circumstances, sure they aren't perfect but have put themselves forward in the clubs time of need. Until we get a buyer to inject some dosh.

They have mate and they have tonight explained many of the issues/challenges/questions I had. We are more up the creek without a paddle than I expected - Ā£350k loan is no small amount and to think they are borrowing it themselves. No wonder Jamie got arsey

I think attacking the COO in a public meeting was out of order. It should have been phrased a lot better - Simon was right in his answer. He has a duty to protect his staff.

But they seem to admit defeat on one front for me - "If we doubled our attendances and commercial sales it wouldn't make a difference to our losses" was said. Of course it would and we should never ever stop trying to do it.
Fans Forum on 22:08 - Aug 3 with 2295 viewsblackdogblue

Going to say one thing as controversial as it may be..,

We had our Dale Trust Board representative there at the top tableā€¦

Not a boo to a gooseā€¦

Not getting started on a rantā€¦ I did not put up or shut up..

Maybe I should have done

Fans Forum on 22:09 - Aug 3 with 2288 viewsIOMDale

I wonā€™t repeat what others have said but after tonight, thereā€™s no doubting the boardā€™s sincerity for me and for that reason, Iā€™ll be voting yes at the EGM.

The American consortium actually sounded very close to closing a deal at one stage. It must be exhausting vetting and meeting so many prospective owners.

UTDNFS

Fans Forum on 22:14 - Aug 3 with 2195 viewsisitme

Fans Forum on 22:09 - Aug 3 by IOMDale

I wonā€™t repeat what others have said but after tonight, thereā€™s no doubting the boardā€™s sincerity for me and for that reason, Iā€™ll be voting yes at the EGM.

The American consortium actually sounded very close to closing a deal at one stage. It must be exhausting vetting and meeting so many prospective owners.

I see Birmingham have had investment led by Tom Brady announced today.
Fans Forum on 22:14 - Aug 3 with 2191 viewsNorthernDale

That most have been the potential investment mentioned by Simon.

I thought some of the fans questions to the board, seemed very aggressive and very personal in attacking George Delves, if I was a board member, I would have said 'its not worth the effort', and walked away. There was some questions and there have been mistakes made and 'yes', even Simon seemed to admit failings in the communication side between the club and fans, especially towards the end of the season, when we need lifting.

As Dale fans we are all concerned about the finances of the club and I thought Simon addressed them to an extent, and I thought the idea of the trust buying pitch was an interesting concept. One thing that did shocked me, was the massive impact of the cost of living crisis on electricity and gas bills. It shows how much the rising costs have impacted upon the club, but hopefully we will have new investors soon.

I thought McNulty was honest and positive, when interviewed, and would clearly like one or two new players. I was concerned that there was people sniffing around Rodney, but in the same vein, McNulty response in saying it would take a very good offer for him to go and that Rodney seemed committed to the club, hopefully we can hold on to Rodney, more goals he scores, more he will be worth in January.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2023 22:17]
Fans Forum on 22:15 - Aug 3 with 2173 viewskel

There was a distinct change in tone from the top table when the question about people ā€œdropping off the distribution listā€ was asked. They didnā€™t answer it and then put up the shutters.
Fans Forum on 22:15 - Aug 3 with 2155 viewsRodingdale

Fans Forum on 20:47 - Aug 3 by Shun

Jim speaks incredibly well. Probably the best manager in that respect weā€™ve had in my Dale-supporting career (since Parkinā€™s second spell). His affection for Dale is clear.

Similarly to Dalei_Llama, his analytical nature impressed me. Heā€™s clearly an intelligent person but he seems to want to put that intelligence to work in a football way.

Crucially, and what I found most pleasing, was his continued references to the culture that he, in his words, is repairing. And he went to great length to stress that these are his players. Daleā€™s players. They want to be here. He really gets this club, and he gets the fans.

Interestingly Gauge clapped himself, but not BJ.

So many give away body language postures, where do you start.

George has gone up in my estimation- he has integrity, but hamstrung.

Gauge is as aloof and is the problem in terms of communication. Itā€™s not any of your business. šŸ˜‚

Sarsfield - oooo er missus. A firebrand with no composure, heā€™s no Graham Morris, not sure they planned to mention the Ā£350k till he lost his rag.

Knight - decent bloke, follows SG.

All in all, apart from George, a poor, defensive and at times aggressive performance from the panel.

But most of all thanks to the questioners, particularly those prepared to be persistent, really great to hear, well done. The applause around some of the points made emphasised the strength of feeling on communication and the lack of leadership shown post relegation. I donā€™t think SG understood it one iota mind you.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 6:35]
Fans Forum on 22:18 - Aug 3 with 2084 viewssurb_dale

That was a good, informative and at times awkward listen.

Jim Mc spoke superbly and we have clarity on the loan and reasons behind it. Clear to me that Gauge and Knight are not doing this for their own benefit and Iā€™ll be voting yes at the egm. Sounds to me that we are close to getting outside investment but nothing can be took for granted.
Fans Forum on 22:21 - Aug 3 with 2033 viewsJames1980

Sorry bit confused, have I got this right that SG and RK won't be loaning funds from cash they already have on deposit but they will be borrowing money and then loaning that money to the club?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Fans Forum on 22:21 - Aug 3 with 2015 viewsEllDale

It got quite confrontational at one stage which wasnā€™t pleasant.
Fair play to the board for sticking their heads above the parapet.
Was embarrassed at the George Delves performance issue as well. I personally think he may be slightly out of his depth; thereā€™s a world of difference between running an Academy and running a senior full time club. As was said though, whatā€™s the going rate for an experienced, savvy CEO? I bet George isnā€™t on that sort of money.
If I was Simonā€™s wife though Iā€™d be seriously worried about his health. He looked weary and dispirited to me.
The star of the show was Big Jim. Fielded every question eloquently and didnā€™t dodge anything.
Iā€™ve known all sorts of coaches over the years, rogues as well as honest men but I think heā€™s certainly sorted out the dressing room.
Fans Forum on 22:22 - Aug 3 with 2001 viewsIOMDale

Fans Forum on 22:21 - Aug 3 by James1980

Sorry bit confused, have I got this right that SG and RK won't be loaning funds from cash they already have on deposit but they will be borrowing money and then loaning that money to the club?

Thatā€™s exactly right James. Itā€™s clearly not for their benefit whatsoever.

UTDNFS

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024