Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 19:02 - Jul 18 with 36360 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/fansforum_august2023/

3rd August 7pm for 7:30pm

This seems to have slipped under the message board radar

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Fans Forum on 07:35 - Aug 4 with 2259 viewsDaleiLama

Fans Forum on 23:17 - Aug 3 by pioneer

You could always give Dan Marino a ring? Particularly since he never won one🤣

Touche. If he got one, he could put it in the Bills trophy cabinet. There's plenty of room!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fans Forum on 07:38 - Aug 4 with 2236 viewsDaleiLama

Fans Forum on 23:21 - Aug 3 by D_Alien

Agreed. I made the point afterwards in conversation that what surprised me was how perceptive he is, and imo that's the best forum performance i've seen from a Dale manager / head coach

He'll have earned a great deal of good will from that, and let's hope it now carries onto the pitch

I admit I wasn't sure he was up to it before he was appointed. Now I am quite optimistic about the future. His in-game management and tactical acumen is the unknown, but we all need to get behind him and give him time to develop. Agree with all you said.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fans Forum on 08:35 - Aug 4 with 2030 viewsjudd

Did I hear right that our electricity bill will or has jumped c. £100k this/next year to something like £147,000 and that we were tied in to a rate via a broker?

https://britishbusinessenergy.co.uk/business-electricity/#:~:text=We%20pulled%20

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fans Forum on 08:45 - Aug 4 with 1972 viewsDorkingDale

Fans Forum on 08:35 - Aug 4 by judd

Did I hear right that our electricity bill will or has jumped c. £100k this/next year to something like £147,000 and that we were tied in to a rate via a broker?

https://britishbusinessenergy.co.uk/business-electricity/#:~:text=We%20pulled%20

I thought that the first figure was less than £100k, but the new estimate was defo £147k & we're tied into it.
Fans Forum on 08:58 - Aug 4 with 1925 viewsDrigdale

Agree totally with your post. It is easy to sit back and criticise. These guys are working their hearts out as well as pumping money into the club. Sure they make a mistake or two but their intentions should be applauded. As you rightly said not too many prepared to step into their shoes.
People taking cheap shots at them doesn't help. They have my backing.
Fans Forum on 09:01 - Aug 4 with 1917 viewsDrigdale

Was referring to Dorkingdale post at 00.31. Sorry for any confusion.
Fans Forum on 09:01 - Aug 4 with 1914 viewsHullDale

from the Youtube video (1:49:14 to 1:50:20)

Electric from £47K annually to £175K
Gas from £14K annually to £40K

(figures don't include the Ratcliffe)
Fans Forum on 09:11 - Aug 4 with 1849 viewsJames1980

Fans Forum on 08:58 - Aug 4 by Drigdale

Agree totally with your post. It is easy to sit back and criticise. These guys are working their hearts out as well as pumping money into the club. Sure they make a mistake or two but their intentions should be applauded. As you rightly said not too many prepared to step into their shoes.

Talking about cheap shots when SG was giving his opening statement. It sounded like someone was shouting 'rubbish' to his comments about those who had showed an interest in investing in the club. I'd be interested to know what exactly they were rubbishing and were they basically saying SG was lying

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum on 09:13 - Aug 4 with 1841 viewsnordenblue

TP said the electricity is projected to go "this year" from £47k to £175k, and the gas from £14k to a projected £40k... some wild numbers there going on
Fans Forum on 09:14 - Aug 4 with 1834 viewsHullDale

Fans Forum on 09:13 - Aug 4 by nordenblue

TP said the electricity is projected to go "this year" from £47k to £175k, and the gas from £14k to a projected £40k... some wild numbers there going on

& we've tied into them for 2 years.
Fans Forum on 09:17 - Aug 4 with 1818 viewsnordenblue

Fans Forum on 09:14 - Aug 4 by HullDale

& we've tied into them for 2 years.

Sorry, just seen your post at a similar time
Fans Forum on 09:20 - Aug 4 with 1806 viewsA_Newby

Having watched the video again

The electricity bill is projected to rise from £47k per annum to £175k per annum. Tied in for “two” years.

The gas bill is projected to rise from £14k per annum to £40k per annum.

These were just for the stadium and not the Ratcliffe bars.

So overall the energy cost for the stadium would go from £61k to £215k, an increase of £154k.

If we divided the £215k bill by an average number of fans per match of say 2,500 we get an energy cost of £86 per fan per year.

If we divided the increase in energy costs £154k by the same number of fans, we get an increase in energy cost of £61 per fan per year.

None of this has been passed onto season card holders. I would have increased the season card price. I suspect the revenue from season cards will only meet the cost of the energy bills with a little left over.

Could we reduce energy bills? The club have already gone to LED lighting and made savings but possibly more savings could be made.

Could we have got a better price deal. I don’t know.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 9:42]
Fans Forum on 09:24 - Aug 4 with 1789 viewsNorthernDale

Fans Forum on 08:58 - Aug 4 by Drigdale

Totally agree, the directors have made mistakes, but they have been faced with problems like the shysters attempt to take over the club and rising costs in general, i.e the energy bill increased by around £150,000 for example. But as Simon stated, unlike other clubs who have an owner who can just write a cheque to cover bills, Rochdale is a fan owned club and we simply do not have that option at the moment.

But as I have said, if Simon and Richard walked away, who would step forward and takeover, with all the pressures involved of finding the money to invest in the squad and the club in general. If we can a find a wealthy benefactor, who has the financial resources that would transform the future of the club, I would be overjoyed and no doubt Simon and Richard would be as well. That is why, we need to hope that one of the five groups mentioned are successful in taking over the club and have the money to invest in the club.
Fans Forum on 09:27 - Aug 4 with 1771 viewsEllDale

Fans Forum on 23:28 - Aug 3 by Newbury_Dale

I wouldnt disagree with that assessment but at the end of the day he and Richard Knight are finding ways to keep the club going. Nobody else is willing to undertake the financial commitment.

One thing that did alarm me was Simon's inability or unwillingness to estimate how long the loan would last for. Perfectly accept the fact that incomings/outgoings can be volatile at times, but they must have done some sort of "worst case" cash flow analysis if we dont sell any players, receive any add-ons and/or get knocked out of the FA Cup in Round 1. If all those factors are taken into account, they should be able to project how long the £350k would last for.

Worst case scenario these days sees us leave the FA Cup in the Qualifying Rounds!
Fans Forum on 09:28 - Aug 4 with 1767 viewsTalkingSutty

Probably something to do with Pilling from Fleetwood, it wouldn't surprise me.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 9:31]
Fans Forum on 09:30 - Aug 4 with 1759 viewsmikehunt

I recall someone was angrily taken to task for sarcastically laughing during the explanation of how they had tried to woo investors.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Fans Forum on 09:35 - Aug 4 with 1724 viewsEllDale

I think that was JS whose manner was slightly worrying.
I don’t know what he does for a living but his style last night was more akin to a loan shark chasing a bad debt in my opinion. You can’t be aggressive towards your customers.
It shows the sort of pressure those board members must feel.
Fans Forum on 09:50 - Aug 4 with 1642 viewsdingdangblue

Fans Forum on 09:20 - Aug 4 by A_Newby

Having watched the video again

The electricity bill is projected to rise from £47k per annum to £175k per annum. Tied in for “two” years.

The gas bill is projected to rise from £14k per annum to £40k per annum.

These were just for the stadium and not the Ratcliffe bars.

So overall the energy cost for the stadium would go from £61k to £215k, an increase of £154k.

If we divided the £215k bill by an average number of fans per match of say 2,500 we get an energy cost of £86 per fan per year.

If we divided the increase in energy costs £154k by the same number of fans, we get an increase in energy cost of £61 per fan per year.

None of this has been passed onto season card holders. I would have increased the season card price. I suspect the revenue from season cards will only meet the cost of the energy bills with a little left over.

Could we reduce energy bills? The club have already gone to LED lighting and made savings but possibly more savings could be made.

Could we have got a better price deal. I don’t know.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 9:42]

It was mentioned last season about the possibility of lower league Saturday games kicking off earlier in Winter so we didn't need to use the floodlights. Not sure what happened with that suggestion or if clubs could just choose to do it themselves?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fans Forum on 09:50 - Aug 4 with 1641 viewsjudd

Fans Forum on 09:28 - Aug 4 by TalkingSutty

Probably something to do with Pilling from Fleetwood, it wouldn't surprise me.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 9:31]

That thought did cross my mind.

Fans Forum on 09:56 - Aug 4 with 1610 viewsHullDale

Fans Forum on 09:50 - Aug 4 by judd

https://www.jmw.co.uk/articles/commercial-litigation-dispute-resolution/jmw-soli

I know we're not a catering business, but maybe this is worth looking into.

Those numbers last night just didn't sound right... an increase of ~235% to energy bills (at a time when we've switched to LED bulbs and floodlights, as well as other energy efficiencies) is ridiculous.
Fans Forum on 10:01 - Aug 4 with 1569 viewsjudd

Fans Forum on 09:56 - Aug 4 by HullDale

https://www.jmw.co.uk/articles/commercial-litigation-dispute-resolution/jmw-soli

I know we're not a catering business, but maybe this is worth looking into.

Those numbers last night just didn't sound right... an increase of ~235% to energy bills (at a time when we've switched to LED bulbs and floodlights, as well as other energy efficiencies) is ridiculous.

Depends on when the agreement kicked off, but you would not expect costs to be higher this year by such a magnitude.

Fans Forum on 10:05 - Aug 4 with 1557 viewsDalenet

I think the club have been badly advised there. I am a director of a Management Company for a large apartment scheme and our communal area electricity went from £47k to £200k last year. Despite it being a residential building we have to pay business tariffs for the communal areas. But we were advised to lock in for one year only as they anticipated prices would fall. We are expecting a bill of closer to £100k a year when we renew next month. Simon said that they had locked in at the higher price for two years. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

They should be working with their electricity provider to bring solar to Spotland - the energy company would pay for the installation if they take some of the benefit. It would bring the stadium costs down.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 10:30]
Fans Forum on 10:11 - Aug 4 with 1513 views49thseason

Fans Forum on 09:50 - Aug 4 by judd

https://www.energyombudsman.org

I think a call to the Ombudsman would be appropriate.
Fans Forum on 10:12 - Aug 4 with 1494 viewsDalenet

Fans Forum on 00:31 - Aug 4 by DorkingDale

I honestly cannot believe most of these posts. SG is jaded for a good reason - would any of you care to stand in his shoes??

The current Board do this work voluntarily, without pay & scrabbling around for every last penny to keep the club in business.

What more could anybody expect? Stand up if you think you can do better.....

Big Jim summed it up earlier in the evening when asked whether anything other than automatic promotion would be a failure (which planet did that come from?!). He pointed out that it's all about £££ and we are well down the National League table in that respect.

He said that at least 7 teams in our new division have higher playing budgets. Shows how far we have fallen when you think we were spending almost £4m a year not long ago.
Fans Forum on 10:18 - Aug 4 with 1450 viewsD_Alien

Fans Forum on 10:11 - Aug 4 by 49thseason

https://www.energyombudsman.org

I think a call to the Ombudsman would be appropriate.

Exactly. Are they just putting up with it, to the extent of nearly bankrupting the club - and themselves?

It's something they should be focused on extracting the club from, and make that clear to us all. Do we have anyone with expertise in the fanbase in such matters?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 10:20]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024