Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 19:02 - Jul 18 with 36350 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/fansforum_august2023/

3rd August 7pm for 7:30pm

This seems to have slipped under the message board radar

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Fans Forum on 22:23 - Aug 3 with 3071 viewsDalenet

Fans Forum on 22:15 - Aug 3 by Rodingdale

Interestingly Gauge clapped himself, but not BJ.

So many give away body language postures, where do you start.

George has gone up in my estimation- he has integrity, but hamstrung.

Gauge is as aloof and is the problem in terms of communication. It’s not any of your business. 😂

Sarsfield - oooo er missus. A firebrand with no composure, he’s no Graham Morris, not sure they planned to mention the £350k till he lost his rag.

Knight - decent bloke, follows SG.

All in all, apart from George, a poor, defensive and at times aggressive performance from the panel.

But most of all thanks to the questioners, particularly those prepared to be persistent, really great to hear, well done. The applause around some of the points made emphasised the strength of feeling on communication and the lack of leadership shown post relegation. I don’t think SG understood it one iota mind you.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 6:35]

On your last point he looked shell shocked - he genuinely didn't seem to realise and he will now. He needs somebody on the Board to act as his wise counsel because it was obvious to everybody else. Murray is on the Board to ensure that fans are representated / engaged. It shouldn't have got to this point to be fair. Hope Simon reflects rather than walks away in umbridge
Fans Forum on 22:28 - Aug 3 with 2972 viewsDevonDale

Watching the forum on YouTube - Simon Gauge totally out of his depth as Chairman - like a startled rabbit in the headlights, not the leader that the club needs at this time. Total lack of confidence in him and his performance.
Fans Forum on 22:28 - Aug 3 with 2969 viewsDaleiLama

Fans Forum on 22:14 - Aug 3 by isitme

I see Birmingham have had investment led by Tom Brady announced today.

I saw that. I also suspect that was the investor who broke away from the 90% deal. Have to say I'd rather it was Dan Marino

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Fans Forum on 22:29 - Aug 3 with 2957 viewsClivert

Fans Forum on 22:15 - Aug 3 by kel

There was a distinct change in tone from the top table when the question about people “dropping off the distribution list” was asked. They didn’t answer it and then put up the shutters.

I counted three questions ducked, the best question of the night was met with the answer 'a point well made' by Gauge.
Fans Forum on 22:34 - Aug 3 with 2870 views_Windydale

Fans Forum on 22:07 - Aug 3 by Dalenet

They have mate and they have tonight explained many of the issues/challenges/questions I had. We are more up the creek without a paddle than I expected - £350k loan is no small amount and to think they are borrowing it themselves. No wonder Jamie got arsey

I think attacking the COO in a public meeting was out of order. It should have been phrased a lot better - Simon was right in his answer. He has a duty to protect his staff.

But they seem to admit defeat on one front for me - "If we doubled our attendances and commercial sales it wouldn't make a difference to our losses" was said. Of course it would and we should never ever stop trying to do it.

Simon looks jaded, probably done his best on his adventure but eager now to hand over the reigns to an eager investor with bigger plans than the caretaker board will ever have. But deep down I feel like that are trying the best until this happens, to be the best custodians of the club.
Fans Forum on 22:38 - Aug 3 with 2775 viewsClivert

Everything came back to the old 'we've been delt a shit hand' and 'we're skint' lines.

They didn't give us any answers as to how they plan to take the club forward unless we get investors.
Fans Forum on 22:40 - Aug 3 with 2748 viewsJames1980

Fans Forum on 22:22 - Aug 3 by IOMDale

That’s exactly right James. It’s clearly not for their benefit whatsoever.

I think a heckler thought they will be pocketing the difference in interest.

I also think one question got misinterpreted because they were too focused on rebutting the suggestion the Morris resolution was being amended. That being is it only SG and RK that can loan the club money if it is a yes vote at the EGM?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Fans Forum on 22:50 - Aug 3 with 2626 viewsDalenet

Fans Forum on 22:40 - Aug 3 by James1980

I think a heckler thought they will be pocketing the difference in interest.

I also think one question got misinterpreted because they were too focused on rebutting the suggestion the Morris resolution was being amended. That being is it only SG and RK that can loan the club money if it is a yes vote at the EGM?

They can lend the club money at any point - it is the need for security that means the EGM needs a Yes vote. If they want 75% to vote yes they are going to need to make sure that 100% get the voting forms
Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum on 23:17 - Aug 3 with 2382 viewspioneer

Fans Forum on 22:28 - Aug 3 by DaleiLama

I saw that. I also suspect that was the investor who broke away from the 90% deal. Have to say I'd rather it was Dan Marino

You could always give Dan Marino a ring? Particularly since he never won one🤣
Fans Forum on 23:21 - Aug 3 with 2322 viewsD_Alien

Fans Forum on 20:24 - Aug 3 by DaleiLama

Honesty in spades but what's impressed me from when he took over is his analytical nature, his observational skills and his thoughtfulness. He's so much smarter than I expected

Agreed. I made the point afterwards in conversation that what surprised me was how perceptive he is, and imo that's the best forum performance i've seen from a Dale manager / head coach

He'll have earned a great deal of good will from that, and let's hope it now carries onto the pitch

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fans Forum on 23:28 - Aug 3 with 2282 viewsNewbury_Dale

Fans Forum on 22:28 - Aug 3 by DevonDale

Watching the forum on YouTube - Simon Gauge totally out of his depth as Chairman - like a startled rabbit in the headlights, not the leader that the club needs at this time. Total lack of confidence in him and his performance.

I wouldnt disagree with that assessment but at the end of the day he and Richard Knight are finding ways to keep the club going. Nobody else is willing to undertake the financial commitment.

One thing that did alarm me was Simon's inability or unwillingness to estimate how long the loan would last for. Perfectly accept the fact that incomings/outgoings can be volatile at times, but they must have done some sort of "worst case" cash flow analysis if we dont sell any players, receive any add-ons and/or get knocked out of the FA Cup in Round 1. If all those factors are taken into account, they should be able to project how long the £350k would last for.
Fans Forum on 23:44 - Aug 3 with 2162 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Fans Forum on 23:28 - Aug 3 by Newbury_Dale

I wouldnt disagree with that assessment but at the end of the day he and Richard Knight are finding ways to keep the club going. Nobody else is willing to undertake the financial commitment.

One thing that did alarm me was Simon's inability or unwillingness to estimate how long the loan would last for. Perfectly accept the fact that incomings/outgoings can be volatile at times, but they must have done some sort of "worst case" cash flow analysis if we dont sell any players, receive any add-ons and/or get knocked out of the FA Cup in Round 1. If all those factors are taken into account, they should be able to project how long the £350k would last for.

Yes. They're asking the shareholders to agree to the stadium being used as security for a loan, the terms of which will be decided at a later date. I think they need to put the terms of the loan on the table first.
Fans Forum on 23:46 - Aug 3 with 2150 viewsjudd

Fans Forum on 23:28 - Aug 3 by Newbury_Dale

Both directors said they were borrowing the money to transfer intonthe club at a date yet to be agreed at a rate of 6% interest.

Then one said it was taking the loan from their 18 year olds'inheritance. You don't borrow to pay an inheritance, do you?

Or am i just baffled?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fans Forum on 23:50 - Aug 3 with 2119 viewsDaleFan7

Fans Forum on 23:44 - Aug 3 by RespectTheChemistry

Yes. They're asking the shareholders to agree to the stadium being used as security for a loan, the terms of which will be decided at a later date. I think they need to put the terms of the loan on the table first.

From what I gathered it seemed to be £350k at 6% interest for an indefinite period.

My concern would be if an investor did come in, would they have to stump up the money to pay off the loan as well as the shares in order to invest. If not, would the debt be transferrable to the new owner and therefore they take over the charge to the ground?
Fans Forum on 23:51 - Aug 3 with 2104 viewsD_Alien

The only thing that BJ said which didn't make too much sense was his reference to being there for "not just one transfer window, but three or four"

I didn't think they had transfer windows in the NL?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fans Forum on 23:55 - Aug 3 with 2077 viewsdingdangblue

Fans Forum on 23:46 - Aug 3 by judd

Both directors said they were borrowing the money to transfer intonthe club at a date yet to be agreed at a rate of 6% interest.

Then one said it was taking the loan from their 18 year olds'inheritance. You don't borrow to pay an inheritance, do you?

Or am i just baffled?

I just thought he meant money he's got put aside for his son and daughters inheritance - he's using that (borrowing). Could be wrong though. I got the impression it is their own money they are lending the club if and when it's needed.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fans Forum on 23:59 - Aug 3 with 2051 viewsmikehunt

Yes there was no real answer to what happens if we can’t pay the loan off and need to borrow more money. Although RK made it plain that he could not afford to stump up any more cash after this.
I’m stilll muddled, though. It sounded like the club couldn’t get a loan, even using the ground as collateral,but SG and RK could. Did they say they will get interest back from the loan to the club. I thought I heard 6% mentioned but could be wrong.

The other thing pointed out was that we are not being asked to amend the Morris clause but to provide the 70% of votes necessary to allow the loan to be taken out against the ground. One or two people had gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick regarding that.

Anyhow, bottom line is we have no better option but to vote yes.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Fans Forum on 00:00 - Aug 4 with 2044 viewsjudd

Fans Forum on 23:55 - Aug 3 by dingdangblue

I just thought he meant money he's got put aside for his son and daughters inheritance - he's using that (borrowing). Could be wrong though. I got the impression it is their own money they are lending the club if and when it's needed.

At a commercial rate of 6% that couldn't be bettered?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fans Forum on 00:13 - Aug 4 with 1982 viewsdingdangblue

Fans Forum on 00:00 - Aug 4 by judd

At a commercial rate of 6% that couldn't be bettered?

I don't know but I just googled...

'Commercial mortgage rates offered by UK lenders currently range from around 3% over the Bank of England Base Rate to around 12% per annum'.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Fans Forum on 00:23 - Aug 4 with 1956 viewsDorkingDale

Fans Forum on 22:28 - Aug 3 by DaleiLama

Nah - check out Leeds & Bournmouth
Fans Forum on 00:31 - Aug 4 with 1929 viewsDorkingDale

I honestly cannot believe most of these posts. SG is jaded for a good reason - would any of you care to stand in his shoes??

The current Board do this work voluntarily, without pay & scrabbling around for every last penny to keep the club in business.

What more could anybody expect? Stand up if you think you can do better.....

Big Jim summed it up earlier in the evening when asked whether anything other than automatic promotion would be a failure (which planet did that come from?!). He pointed out that it's all about £££ and we are well down the National League table in that respect.
Fans Forum on 01:21 - Aug 4 with 1878 viewsnordenblue

Fans Forum on 23:51 - Aug 3 by D_Alien

The only thing that BJ said which didn't make too much sense was his reference to being there for "not just one transfer window, but three or four"

I'm sure he just meant the equivalent time frame of a league club.
Fans Forum on 01:39 - Aug 4 with 1862 viewsnordenblue

Fans Forum on 00:13 - Aug 4 by dingdangblue

I don't know but I just googled...

'Commercial mortgage rates offered by UK lenders currently range from around 3% over the Bank of England Base Rate to around 12% per annum'.

So as a minimum for a commercial loan you're looking at starting around 8.25% min...

JS's manner just came across as amateur really, thought they all came across very well except him, I got the feeling though the directors kind of think "even if we bring more money in,we can't make enough to cover the shortfall even with increased revenue so we're not really bothering"....surely a smaller debt is easier to find than a much bigger one??!!

Still not sure how someone taking out a "business" loan can then influence their own child's inheritance though, surely that can only be influenced if its their personal wealth to begin with?
Fans Forum on 01:51 - Aug 4 with 1846 viewsShun

Fans Forum on 23:51 - Aug 3 by D_Alien

He’s already thinking about life back in the FL!
Fans Forum on 05:21 - Aug 4 with 1744 viewselectricblue

Fans Forum on 20:24 - Aug 3 by blackdogblue

Ffs.. can we get to the elephants in the room …

Admiration for BJ but it bored the living daylights out of so 20mins I switched it off.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024