Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Colback! 11:08 - Jul 31 with 29283 viewsDoudou87

Apparently GA's top target, close to agreeing terms!

Opinions.....?

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-looking-to-sign-midfielder-colback

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Jack Colback! on 11:37 - Aug 1 with 4398 viewsstantheman10

I haven't read every post on this thread but has anyone considered that maybe someone has made an offer for Field and we signed Colback as replacement for him?
Jack Colback! on 11:42 - Aug 1 with 4352 viewsBrianWilson

A badly needed signing to say the least. Grafter and a leader.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Jack Colback! (n/t) on 11:56 - Aug 1 with 4246 viewsBuckR

Jack Colback! on 11:37 - Aug 1 by stantheman10

I haven't read every post on this thread but has anyone considered that maybe someone has made an offer for Field and we signed Colback as replacement for him?

Stop it!
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 11:57]
Jack Colback! on 12:38 - Aug 1 with 4009 viewsLoftgirl

Jack Colback! on 10:55 - Aug 1 by Gloucs_R

Forest fans like him... One of many positive comments.

However, I still feel that it should have been a 1+1 contract

"short on numbers"?
Jack Colback! on 12:43 - Aug 1 with 3957 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Jack Colback! on 12:38 - Aug 1 by Loftgirl

"short on numbers"?

Yeah not sure 'Simpsons NFFC' could have been paying that much attention to the ins and outs (ins) at their football club in recent times.
Jack Colback! on 13:07 - Aug 1 with 3759 viewsfrancisbowles

Jack Colback! on 10:55 - Aug 1 by Gloucs_R

Forest fans like him... One of many positive comments.

However, I still feel that it should have been a 1+1 contract

1+1 and he would in all probability be with another club.

We need his experience, even more so if Field is the one we have to sell.
Jack Colback! on 13:07 - Aug 1 with 3763 viewstkqpr

Jack Colback! on 22:38 - Jul 31 by numptydumpty

Totally agree with you Hunter.

A good signing I feel.

We are signing players that will keep us up, which although could be said to be the bare minimum requirement this season, then with FFP figures reducing for season after this, provided we remain in budget, totally ticks the right boxes for me.

I did call a few people plums for such strange disappointment of such signings and it was deemed inappropriate so all I will ask of others who disappointed with this signing, throw some names into the hat if you feel we could do better. Deluded probably a better description.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 22:44]

Jack Whatmough - left Wigan, so hes free, 26 and is a very competent CB.

Why havent we made him a priority? Its clear we need another CB and clear we have no money.
Jack Colback! on 13:10 - Aug 1 with 3720 viewsNorthantsHoop

Jack Colback! on 09:12 - Aug 1 by LongsufferingR

If the rumour is true about us also being after Steve Cook, then surely these are the sort of players who can possibly kick the slackers into shape? Martin was obviously shocked at the poor attitude around the place, and these are the Derry/Hill types we've been lacking for a long while.

Good point like the Colback signing, we have been too soft and if we can get grafters in and improve attitude then all the better.
Login to get fewer ads

Jack Colback! on 13:31 - Aug 1 with 3607 viewsqueensparker

All the best QPR teams have had a couple of old fellas pulling the strings
Jack Colback! on 14:01 - Aug 1 with 3431 viewsR_from_afar

Jack Colback! on 13:07 - Aug 1 by tkqpr

Jack Whatmough - left Wigan, so hes free, 26 and is a very competent CB.

Why havent we made him a priority? Its clear we need another CB and clear we have no money.

West London Sport wrote on 27th July that he is an option we are exploring. So, let's see.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Jack Colback! on 14:08 - Aug 1 with 3376 viewsderbyhoop

Jack Colback! on 07:47 - Aug 1 by DejR_vu

Totally agree it’s an indictment on the people at the club who have run us into the ground to the extent that we have to do this. But, it’s the reality they’ve created. I’m sure if we had someone at the club capable of digging us out of this monumental hole in a more sustainable way we would go that way, but we clearly don’t.

edit: and to add, I think this myth that we were ever a development club can finally be laid to rest. We dropped lucky with one player. Apart from that we sold a few for a bit of a profit, and flushed way more than that down the toilet on a load of other cr@p. We weren’t a development club in the ‘good’ times, it was just part of the propaganda, there’s absolutely no reason for us to continue to pretend we’re one when our backs are firmly up against the wall. We need to do whatever is necessary to survive this season and hope that, finally, the owners, just for once, don’t totally fvck it up yet again.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 8:15]

Can't you find another tune to play?

Constant sniping has already driven out Les. True, we haven't brought on as many as we'd like but we've lost 13 from the Youth setup for 570k in compensation. You can also factor in the performance fall away from Dieng, Dickie, Willock which has cost us millions.
We have to hope that we can get through this season in 21st or better. Then pray for Heston to start paying dividends.

If Colback helps us achieve that then good for him; Based on hos past;, it won't be for lack of effort.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Jack Colback! on 14:34 - Aug 1 with 3242 viewsGloucs_R

Jack Colback! on 13:07 - Aug 1 by francisbowles

1+1 and he would in all probability be with another club.

We need his experience, even more so if Field is the one we have to sell.

I don't doubt it but feels a bit odd to be giving an almost 34 year old a 2 year contract.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Jack Colback! on 14:36 - Aug 1 with 3215 viewsDejR_vu

Jack Colback! on 14:08 - Aug 1 by derbyhoop

Can't you find another tune to play?

Constant sniping has already driven out Les. True, we haven't brought on as many as we'd like but we've lost 13 from the Youth setup for 570k in compensation. You can also factor in the performance fall away from Dieng, Dickie, Willock which has cost us millions.
We have to hope that we can get through this season in 21st or better. Then pray for Heston to start paying dividends.

If Colback helps us achieve that then good for him; Based on hos past;, it won't be for lack of effort.

No one's saying you have to agree, Derby. If you're happy with the way the club has been run and are happy to see it run further into the ground, crack on. If you thought LF did a great job, that's your prerogative. You wont hear me telling you to 'give it a rest' or 'find another tune to play'.

There would have been no sniping if LF had done a decent job and he would have had no reason to resign. I would have nothing to snipe about if the owners were competent. It may have escaped your notice but we are arguably in the worst shape we've been in since Administration. We've fallen an awful long way under the regime.

What I'm curious about is why you think you have the right to tell anyone else what to think or say? When were you put in charge? You don't agree with me, fair enough, we move on by.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Jack Colback! on 14:46 - Aug 1 with 3116 viewsSonofpugwash

With all these "older " players we could turn out to be the Stoke City of the 21st century.
Good job Stanley Matthews is no longer available.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Jack Colback! on 15:07 - Aug 1 with 3033 viewsAndybrat

Jack Colback! on 11:18 - Aug 1 by DejR_vu

My original post referred to us being less attractive than other Championship sides. I fully accept that if he only had offers from League One sides, that puts a different complexion on things but, by most accounts, there were other Championship sides talking to him.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 11:27]

Apologies, I don’t know sometimes I just want to defend the club, not out of logic, more out of illogical support. Still think he is a good ( not great) signing. Buy u a beer
Jack Colback! on 15:30 - Aug 1 with 2920 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60542
Jack Colback! on 16:15 - Aug 1 with 2697 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jack Colback! on 15:30 - Aug 1 by Northernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/60542

Thanks Clive. As ever.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jack Colback! on 16:48 - Aug 1 with 2487 viewsStanisgod

Jack Colback! on 12:38 - Aug 1 by Loftgirl

"short on numbers"?

Meaning they were down to the last 45 players 😁

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Jack Colback! on 16:56 - Aug 1 with 2447 viewsTakeNoPrisonRrrrs

Dodgy Barnet
Jack Colback! on 19:34 - Aug 1 with 2072 viewsjoe90

Does Colbacks arrival mean Dozzell is now no longer required? I really, really, hope so. Don’t think I could face another season of forgetting Dozzell is on the pitch.
Jack Colback! on 20:27 - Aug 1 with 1941 viewstkqpr

Message from my brother who’s a big Forest fan - re Colback.

Box to box man. Breaks up play and never wastes a pass. Gets stuck in but can make defence splitting passes and the odd goal or two from the edge of the box. Great footballer x
Jack Colback! on 20:36 - Aug 1 with 1877 viewsderbyhoop

Jack Colback! on 14:36 - Aug 1 by DejR_vu

No one's saying you have to agree, Derby. If you're happy with the way the club has been run and are happy to see it run further into the ground, crack on. If you thought LF did a great job, that's your prerogative. You wont hear me telling you to 'give it a rest' or 'find another tune to play'.

There would have been no sniping if LF had done a decent job and he would have had no reason to resign. I would have nothing to snipe about if the owners were competent. It may have escaped your notice but we are arguably in the worst shape we've been in since Administration. We've fallen an awful long way under the regime.

What I'm curious about is why you think you have the right to tell anyone else what to think or say? When were you put in charge? You don't agree with me, fair enough, we move on by.

LF has gone. I just dont think theres any point in recycling the same old arguments.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Jack Colback! on 21:26 - Aug 1 with 1753 viewsDorse

Jack Colback! on 20:36 - Aug 1 by derbyhoop

LF has gone. I just dont think theres any point in recycling the same old arguments.

I recycle most of my jokes. For example, I hope they make him 'Captain Jack'. See what I did there?

Honestly, I'm thinking of starting a Patreon for this. Twitter would love it. Well, MySpace maybe.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Jack Colback! on 21:35 - Aug 1 with 1695 viewsNorthernr

Jack Colback! on 19:34 - Aug 1 by joe90

Does Colbacks arrival mean Dozzell is now no longer required? I really, really, hope so. Don’t think I could face another season of forgetting Dozzell is on the pitch.

Dozzell is one of several players we've got atm behaving and playing like football owes him a living, he's all too good for this sht, and that nobody's going to notice he's played like a complete tart for 18 months and pick him up at a much bigger, better, higher placed club when his hefty contract expires regardless. Unless some fingers are removed from some bums I think one or two of them might be in for a shock, because even if I was Grimsby boss I wouldn't be waiting in line to sign anybody who's been part of this shtshow over the last 18 months.
Jack Colback! on 21:36 - Aug 1 with 1685 viewsVancouverHoop

Jack Colback! on 20:27 - Aug 1 by tkqpr

Message from my brother who’s a big Forest fan - re Colback.

Box to box man. Breaks up play and never wastes a pass. Gets stuck in but can make defence splitting passes and the odd goal or two from the edge of the box. Great footballer x

Yeah, that's what I'm hearing from Forest fans:

"We had him for quite a few years. Very consistent performer and while we originally got him to play central midfield, in our promotion season he used to play left wing back a lot for us, mainly due to injuries, but he actually suited the role well. He played the position defensively and stayed back, while Djed Spence would get free rein to go forward as often as he liked on the other side. If he was on the subs bench, Cooper would bring him on for the final 15 minutes to see out a game in central midfield."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024