Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford City (A) Match Thread 14:19 - Aug 11 with 24340 viewsHullDale

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 19:05 - Aug 13 with 3156 viewsClivert

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 18:47 - Aug 13 by EllGazzell

"Put 5 past anyone"

Why do we need to score 5 when we can dominate possession and win 1 - 0
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 18:48]

Because against Ebbsfleet we dominated possession and lost 1-0.
Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 21:37 - Aug 13 with 2814 viewsTVOS1907

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 14:14 - Aug 13 by NorthernDale

Having read some of the posts, I would agree the first half was worst then dross, it was that bad, we looked a very poor team, our creativity was non-existent. it was all ability passing sideways at walking pace.

The second half we played with more urgency, but we over pass the ball, on the Dale's twitter account said we made 14 passes, before Hendo scored and that's sums the Dale, we over pass the ball. Towards the middle of the second half, Sinclair started to beat the fullback and get the ball into the box first time (most of the game he was poor up to then), which created problems for Oxford and when combined with the new lad from Chesterfield, who looked good, it opened up their defence. It was a pity that Hendo missed the sitter in the second half, but McNulty must play a quicker game, because his pedestrian style allows the opposition to get organised and his boring to watch. Looking at Oxford they were awful, and they have Chesterfield on Tuesday, but at times we made them decent, due to the total options approach.

I'm not sure when "we made them decent", as they created next to nothing all game.

I do wonder if the pitch played a part in how we approached the game. Whatever anyone says, it's very different to a grass surface.

I'll be interested to see how we change things up, if we do, at Woking on Tuesday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 07:29 - Aug 14 with 2464 viewsEllGazzell

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 19:05 - Aug 13 by Clivert

Because against Ebbsfleet we dominated possession and lost 1-0.

Yep, I fully get that and would like to see that dominating possession transposed into more goals.

There are, however, some fans who are moaning if we don't win 4 or 5 nil every week as they seem to think every opponent in this league is shyte and we should walk it.

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 09:46 - Aug 14 with 2259 viewsDareToCalvin

Slightly disappointed to see any negativity here to be honest.
We played well on Saturday and deserved the win; just as we did against Ebbsfleet.

I like the squad Jim has assembled on a very tight budget and while the season is long and the squad isn't the biggest because of financial constraints, I'm really happy with the way we are trying to play. Just need to be more clinical, but they'll know this and I have faith in the strikers to get scoring very soon.
Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 11:39 - Aug 14 with 2112 viewsTVOS1907

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 08:16 - Aug 13 by D_Alien

Anyone know yesterday's attendance, with number of Dale there? I know it's "non-league" but not sure why these things should be shrouded in mystery

Latics got 7593 yesterday. Can't they count in Oxford?
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 8:21]

293 Dale fans

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 12:31 - Aug 14 with 2006 viewsD_Alien

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 11:39 - Aug 14 by TVOS1907

293 Dale fans

Not bad at all

Don't suppose you'd have the number of Dale last time we played at Oxford Utd on a Saturday, 26 October 2019?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 12:37 - Aug 14 with 1983 viewsTVOS1907

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 12:31 - Aug 14 by D_Alien

Not bad at all

Don't suppose you'd have the number of Dale last time we played at Oxford Utd on a Saturday, 26 October 2019?

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 13:04 - Aug 14 with 1902 viewsD_Alien

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 12:37 - Aug 14 by TVOS1907

That was just a few weeks after our performance at Old Trafford, and when (before kick off) we were 11th in L1

Overall, our support is proving to be more than loyal

[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 13:59]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 14:35 - Aug 14 with 1729 viewsDaleiLama

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 09:46 - Aug 14 by DareToCalvin

Slightly disappointed to see any negativity here to be honest.
We played well on Saturday and deserved the win; just as we did against Ebbsfleet.

I like the squad Jim has assembled on a very tight budget and while the season is long and the squad isn't the biggest because of financial constraints, I'm really happy with the way we are trying to play. Just need to be more clinical, but they'll know this and I have faith in the strikers to get scoring very soon.

I think some people are in denial about what happened in the last 5 years, DTC, and some think we should be playing free-flowing, attacking football like Man City in spite of this. I also think a "pile-on" type mentality is in danger of taking hold amongst the fan-base.

There are still loads of problems, on-going issues and the same old mistakes off the field, but what BJ is doing so far with what he's been given, deserves recognition and respect in equal measure. I would suggest anyone who thinks we are the "same" team needs to compare these stats to the last 4 seasons. We don't have a ton of goals yet, but like you, I think these will come. We had no Rodney and Mitchell is still settling in. Oh, and there's a lot more games still to play.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 15:15 - Aug 14 with 1650 viewsYadHoDale

Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 11:39 - Aug 14 by TVOS1907

293 Dale fans

292 Dale fans and my Birmingham-supporting friend, who enjoyed the match and living 15 minutes away from the ground may well be attending a few more games there this season.
Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 17:06 - Aug 14 with 1439 viewsBrierls

Very happy with the three points.

The first half felt painful to watch. I don't mind possession football, but you have to move the ball a lot quicker than we did to pose any sort of consistent threat. Looking back at the highlights, we created a little bit more than it seemed at the time, but still not a great watch.

The second half was better. We moved the ball quicker and that meant more space for our attacking players to cause problems. It's encouraging that options on the bench made a difference when they came on. Jez looked a real threat, while McDermott was a mixed bag (too eager to impress initially?) but at least looked to move the ball quickly and forwards. Gilmour looked much better at left back. Keohane MOTM for me and it's always a delight to see the GOAT on the scoresheet, even if he should have had another.

We played better against Ebbsfleet, but we've taken 3 points from Oxford City and we're up and running. Onto Woking...
Oxford City (A) Match Thread on 18:38 - Aug 14 with 1277 viewsDale_4_Life

Very happy (and relieved) to get the win and 3 points. Dale are up and running. It looks like the jigsaw is coming together I agree transitioning the ball from defense to attack needs to be a lot quicker , there is a lot more work to be done.

If we are to do anything this year (top half at Christmas and then hit our stride) it will be achieved with a more positive approach to attacking football. More than anything I would like to see it plain as day the the lads are all together as one, proud to pull on the Dale shirt and would run through walls to influence a result. Its been a while since we had this consistently.

If winning football brought back a few fans and that helps the board as they shape the budget accordingly that would be another welcome sight to see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024