Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lavia Sulking 18:16 - Aug 12 with 1844 viewsSouthamptonfan

Southampton manager Russell Martin on Lavia: “Roméo Lavia, not playing as he’s not in the right frame of mind to play, not convinced he would be all in”.✨🇧🇪

“I also believe it’s edging closer to a conclusion…”, he added

So there we have it. The quicker we can get him out the better. Another Van D!ck.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 18:16]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Lavia Sulking on 18:36 - Aug 12 with 1760 viewsmushinexile

Turn the idle fuccer into money and good riddance. If you won't give your all in our shirt you can fucc off and you won't be missed.
Lavia Sulking on 18:52 - Aug 12 with 1725 viewsNYC_Saint

Make him wash the kits and clean the boots or withhold his wages if he refuses
Lavia Sulking on 18:55 - Aug 12 with 1721 viewsSouthamptonfan

Lavia Sulking on 18:36 - Aug 12 by mushinexile

Turn the idle fuccer into money and good riddance. If you won't give your all in our shirt you can fucc off and you won't be missed.

And the fans voted him player of the season. Now he won't wear the shirt.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 18:56]

Lavia Sulking on 10:56 - Aug 13 with 1356 viewsSaintNick

Lavia Sulking on 18:55 - Aug 12 by Southamptonfan

Harsh on Lavia, in fairness Martin hasn't criticised his attitude just his frame of mind, Lavia is in a state of flux, he doesn't know where he is going and Martin is right he might go out there with 100% commitment, but something will be in his head holding him back with the worry of being injured and missing out on a big move.

Doesn't necessarily mean he is sulking

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Lavia Sulking on 11:49 - Aug 13 with 1308 views1teeminants

Lavia Sulking on 18:55 - Aug 12 by Southamptonfan

So a 19 year old kid with a special talent is accused of sulking after putting in a great shift for SFC last season ? As Nick says the lad hasn’t a clue where he’s going to be playing at the moment . His head isn’t right because he would not want to risk getting injured in a competitive championship league game which could end his career.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Lavia Sulking on 12:10 - Aug 13 with 1271 viewsPatfromPoole

How many of us if we were about to change our job for a new exciting opportunity (with more money) would still give 100% in our current job and not be focusing in our minds on preparing for the new job?

Some people would of course, and fair play to them.

But we are all wired differently….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Lavia Sulking on 13:33 - Aug 13 with 1220 viewsSouthamptonfan

Lavia Sulking on 10:56 - Aug 13 by SaintNick

Harsh on Lavia, in fairness Martin hasn't criticised his attitude just his frame of mind, Lavia is in a state of flux, he doesn't know where he is going and Martin is right he might go out there with 100% commitment, but something will be in his head holding him back with the worry of being injured and missing out on a big move.

Doesn't necessarily mean he is sulking

I seem to remember you and others saying harsh on Ings, and then he did what he did.

Ward--Prowse was also unaware where he was going, or if he was going at all, yet he was all in. Adams to his credit has been all in, despite much speculation. Ward--Prowse, I wish well. He clearly cares about Saints you can see it in his face and RM has said so himself.

So Lavia's head isn't in the right place, despite the fans voting him player of the season and the club giving him a chance to shine. I think after that, he could at least continue playing for the club he is contracted to. I would love to see his reaction if Saints said not for Sale. It's obvious he is desperate to go to a big club. He would sulk if he was told no. We have seen it all before with Van D and Ings and a few others. They shouldn't do it in my opinion and just be professional. Head not in the right place? Is he signed off ill? If not, they should dock his wages.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 13:39]

Lavia Sulking on 13:42 - Aug 13 with 1211 viewsSouthamptonfan

Lavia Sulking on 12:10 - Aug 13 by PatfromPoole

How many of us if we were about to change our job for a new exciting opportunity (with more money) would still give 100% in our current job and not be focusing in our minds on preparing for the new job?

Some people would of course, and fair play to them.

But we are all wired differently….

So if you were voted employee of the year, you were respected and given a chance to develop your career, you were on 50k a week, your current employers were great to you, your customers were great to you, you wouldn't show respect to your current employers and fans until you move on? You would just say "I'm wanted by bigger and better than you now, so my head isn't right, so I can't work for you anymore, two fingers to all those fans who voted me player of year."
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 13:44]

Login to get fewer ads

Lavia Sulking on 14:53 - Aug 13 with 1162 viewsPatfromPoole

Lavia Sulking on 13:42 - Aug 13 by Southamptonfan

So if you were voted employee of the year, you were respected and given a chance to develop your career, you were on 50k a week, your current employers were great to you, your customers were great to you, you wouldn't show respect to your current employers and fans until you move on? You would just say "I'm wanted by bigger and better than you now, so my head isn't right, so I can't work for you anymore, two fingers to all those fans who voted me player of year."
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 13:44]

I don’t know.

Never been in that situation.

As they say, if you want loyalty, get a dog.

Lavia Sulking on 14:58 - Aug 13 with 1153 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s a dog eat dog world, football.

From the age of not much more than 10, these kids are mentally prepared for the toughness that goes with being a top sportsman.

Most of them will not have supported a team, as they will have been playing 3 or 4 games a week from an early age. Therefore they don’t attach themselves emotionally to a club.

It’s just a job to the overwhelming majority of them.

Lavia Sulking on 15:00 - Aug 13 with 1148 viewsSouthamptonfan

Lavia Sulking on 14:53 - Aug 13 by PatfromPoole

I don’t know.

Never been in that situation.

As they say, if you want loyalty, get a dog.

Can't ever decide on the breed.

Lavia Sulking on 15:10 - Aug 13 with 1138 viewsSouthamptonfan

Lavia Sulking on 14:58 - Aug 13 by PatfromPoole

It’s a dog eat dog world, football.

From the age of not much more than 10, these kids are mentally prepared for the toughness that goes with being a top sportsman.

Most of them will not have supported a team, as they will have been playing 3 or 4 games a week from an early age. Therefore they don’t attach themselves emotionally to a club.

It’s just a job to the overwhelming majority of them.

Totally agree. But I still think any player until they leave, should give their all for the club that gave them the platform to be the talent they are today. We are still paying his wages. Ward--Prowse did it correctly and respectfully. Lavia, just like Ings and Van D!ck isn't going about it in the right way. Just my opinion. "Head not in the right place" yeah right.

Same thing happened with another player that ended up at Liverpool. His head was also "not in the right place". 😲
[Post edited 13 Aug 2023 15:14]

Lavia Sulking on 15:34 - Aug 13 with 1110 views1885_SFC

I think it's worth remembering that the vast majority of Premier League footballers are delicate, spoilt, poncy little flowers who are so detached from real life it's untrue.

Old School is Cool

Lavia Sulking on 17:09 - Aug 13 with 1039 viewsLondonSaint76

Not in defence of Lavia’s actions; I am just wondering how much of the current situation is down to the player and how much of it is down to his agents / advisors? When I was Lavia’s age I had a couple of older family members who gave me good advice and good guidance on some important issues - this kid will be surrounded by people who quite possibly couldn’t give a flying you know what about Lavia or SFC. There are plenty of agents and advisors out there who are utter self serving slime balls with the morals of an alley cat, all they are interested in is the money they can bank off of the player’s back and could well be putting pressure on the player to behave in a certain way to push through a move.
That said, I don’t support this course of action, and yes, he should still be serving the club paying his wages and showing a bit more respect to the supporters who voted him player of the season. We will probably never know if he’s just an ungrateful little git or it is the self serving advisors that have got inside his head - the sooner this never ending transfer farce is over the better, I am sure that is something we can all agree on…

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Lavia Sulking on 18:58 - Aug 14 with 764 viewsarfurdent

peverse labia

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024