Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our next 4 games 18:03 - Sep 7 with 2305 views1ASIN12

Still relatively early in a 46 game season but the next 4 games could go a long way to shape our season :

Leicester City home
Ipswich home
Middlesbrough away
Leeds home

3 games at home and only 1 away , 2 teams that their fans ( the majority of them )will expect them to bounce straight back up . 1 team that was one of the favourites and another team that finished the season long run of winning games .

Leicester my favourites to win the league , Ipswich id tip to finish 2nd , Leeds should be around the playoffs and Middlesbrough are struggling after relying on a lot of loan players last season .

How many points - I’d take 7 now .
Our next 4 games on 19:10 - Sep 7 with 2223 viewssaint22

results will depend on how many clean sheets we can keep
Our next 4 games on 20:02 - Sep 7 with 2192 viewsblambo

Our next 4 games on 19:10 - Sep 7 by saint22

results will depend on how many clean sheets we can keep

Clean sheets?
Er, none ?
Our next 4 games on 20:46 - Sep 7 with 2162 viewsPatfromPoole

Saintwizzler (a stalwart of this parish) said recently to me that we should celebrate a clean sheet like a goal.

Which makes me wonder if we should have clean sheet music in the same way as goal music.

How about this?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Our next 4 games on 00:33 - Sep 8 with 2055 viewssaintwizzler

Don’t concede, don’t lose.

Then it only takes 1 goal to win.

It’s very simple.

Foundations built on sand,

crumble.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Our next 4 games on 06:30 - Sep 8 with 2036 viewscocklebreath

Our next 4 games on 00:33 - Sep 8 by saintwizzler

It’s very simple.

crumble.

4 wins piece of piss

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Our next 4 games on 08:03 - Sep 8 with 1981 viewssaintmark1976

The average number of goals conceded during 46 games by any team achieving promotion ( including subsequent playoff winners ) from The Championship during the last four seasons is 42.

Bearing in mind that we have already conceded 12 goals, does anyone really think that with our current goalkeeper and defence during the next 41 games we are only going to let in just another 30 goals ?

The only team to buck the average during the last five seasons was Norwich who conceded 57 goals but managed to score 93 goals. Again, does anyone really think ( particularly after last Saturday’s abomination ) that with our current forwards we are going to score another 83 goals ?
Our next 4 games on 08:09 - Sep 8 with 1959 viewssaintwizzler

Our next 4 games on 06:30 - Sep 8 by cocklebreath

4 wins piece of piss

Bring back Ralph

Our next 4 games on 08:22 - Sep 8 with 1969 viewsPatfromPoole

Our next 4 games on 08:03 - Sep 8 by saintmark1976

The average number of goals conceded during 46 games by any team achieving promotion ( including subsequent playoff winners ) from The Championship during the last four seasons is 42.

Bearing in mind that we have already conceded 12 goals, does anyone really think that with our current goalkeeper and defence during the next 41 games we are only going to let in just another 30 goals ?

The only team to buck the average during the last five seasons was Norwich who conceded 57 goals but managed to score 93 goals. Again, does anyone really think ( particularly after last Saturday’s abomination ) that with our current forwards we are going to score another 83 goals ?

I think we might score 75 goals.

And concede 75 goals.

SKY will continue to love us; guaranteed goal action and late goals.

Login to get fewer ads

Our next 4 games on 09:21 - Sep 8 with 1952 viewssaint901

Agree that these next games are going to be a pointer to the next phase of this season up to Christmas.

If we can get the defence working better I can see a win and two draws. Possibly two wins and a draw.

If we play like we did against Sunderland, all pretty pictures and zero penetration and clueless in defence, I'd take three points from those four games.
Our next 4 games on 13:57 - Sep 9 with 1822 viewsarfurdent

this was always going to be a transition season, poor defence and coaches who are not defence minded. Experience has shown that teams gaining promotion have a strong defence and a defensive midfield that will kick shite out of any living organism

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Our next 4 games on 14:17 - Sep 9 with 1816 viewssaint22

Our next 4 games on 00:33 - Sep 8 by saintwizzler

It’s very simple.

crumble.

no keeper no defence equates to no hope

its SO basic but yet again we ignore it

Top 10 at best
Our next 4 games on 14:40 - Sep 9 with 1799 viewsgrumpy

I really cant see us getting many points from those 4 games.
Our next 4 games on 09:30 - Sep 10 with 1676 viewscocklebreath

Our next 4 games on 14:40 - Sep 9 by grumpy

I really cant see us getting many points from those 4 games.

I’m shocked because you are normally so optimistic. Leicester aren’t Man City, Ipswich aren’t Arsenal, boro aren’t even Burnley. We will win all these games

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Our next 4 games on 09:52 - Sep 10 with 1659 viewssaintwizzler

Our next 4 games on 09:30 - Sep 10 by cocklebreath

I’m shocked because you are normally so optimistic. Leicester aren’t Man City, Ipswich aren’t Arsenal, boro aren’t even Burnley. We will win all these games

If we defend like we did against Sunderland, who ain’t Man United, then we will lose all 4.

TBH will make a massive difference.
Playing with him and 1 other in defence whilst our fullbacks are playing as wingers will be our downfall.

I blame Southgate.

Our next 4 games on 10:23 - Sep 10 with 1647 viewsgrumpy

I can be optimistic if there is something to be so.
Ralphs time was up and hes been followed by 2 incompetent managers who wasted what talent we had and subsequently cost us relegation.
Now we have a Manager who appears to love possession football with few goals and thinks there isn't a goalkeeper problem.
The club has great potential and fans that are second to none,but we have a ground that is not home friendly and a team that's allover the place.
Why we didn't go out and buy a good goalkeeper and striker will cost us getting back to where we belong.
Our next 4 games on 15:12 - Sep 11 with 1474 viewsMattFinish

Yeah but we're not Liverpool.

Having said that I definatley think we're capable of getting a 70% - 30% result against Leicester
Our next 4 games on 16:01 - Sep 11 with 1447 viewssaints__fan__73

Our next 4 games on 13:57 - Sep 9 by arfurdent

this was always going to be a transition season, poor defence and coaches who are not defence minded. Experience has shown that teams gaining promotion have a strong defence and a defensive midfield that will kick shite out of any living organism

How can it be a transition season when we have one of the top 2 squads in the entire league?

If we do badly it's nothing to do with it being a transition season and everything to do with it being due to how the team is managed.

Every other manager in the league would love to have the squad we do.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Our next 4 games on 16:13 - Sep 11 with 1441 viewsPatfromPoole

Our next 4 games on 16:01 - Sep 11 by saints__fan__73

How can it be a transition season when we have one of the top 2 squads in the entire league?

If we do badly it's nothing to do with it being a transition season and everything to do with it being due to how the team is managed.

It is difficult to disagree.

I do think this is bearing all the hallmarks of Burley's first season; another team which should have got automatic promotion but just about squeezed into the play-offs, albeit with entertaining football.

Burley's idea of being defensive was to get shirty if being asked if he was on the sauce.

Our next 4 games on 12:57 - Sep 12 with 1262 viewsfranniesTache

Our next 4 games on 16:01 - Sep 11 by saints__fan__73

Maybe because we don't have one of the top squads in the league, despite what some people think.

We've got an alright team, with a couple of decent looking players, but a ropey defence, a keeper who's shakier than michael j fox on a running machine and wingers that have no idea how to cover the fullbacks.

Saying that i think we'll probably pick up five points from the next four games, and ultimately my opinion that we'll be a play offs side hasn't changed
Our next 4 games on 16:35 - Sep 12 with 1198 viewsUSA_Saint

We'll win 3. Lose 1. No idea what 3.
9 points out of 12 will keep us right up there.

Getting promoted. Guaranteed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024