Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 games for Rusty 09:35 - Sep 17 with 4284 viewssaintwizzler

10 league games for Russell Martin to prove he’s the man for the job.
After the WBA home game there is an international break.
That’ll be 16 games in total under the new manager.
I think that’s a fair amount to judge him on.

Ipswich H
Middlesbrough A
Leeds H
Stoke A
Rotherham H
Hull A
Preston A
Birmingham H
Millwall A
WBA H

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

10 games for Rusty on 09:41 - Sep 17 with 3533 viewsPatfromPoole

Well…..

I think we could beat Rotherham.

Though they are a big threat at set-pieces. Both their own set-pieces and doubtless ours as well….

He does strike me as a bit of a streaky manager though, Rusty.

He’ll lose 3 or 4 on the trot, and just as we think he is destined for the chop, he will win 3 or 4 on the trot. Possibly…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

10 games for Rusty on 09:51 - Sep 17 with 3518 viewssaintwizzler

10 games for Rusty on 09:41 - Sep 17 by PatfromPoole

Well…..

I think we could beat Rotherham.

Though they are a big threat at set-pieces. Both their own set-pieces and doubtless ours as well….

He does strike me as a bit of a streaky manager though, Rusty.

He’ll lose 3 or 4 on the trot, and just as we think he is destined for the chop, he will win 3 or 4 on the trot. Possibly…..

‘He’ll lose 3 or 4 on the trot, and just as we think he is destined for the chop, he will win 3 or 4 on the trot.’

Similar to the now retired Austrian.

10 games for Rusty on 09:51 - Sep 17 with 3518 viewsRon11

I've made my judgement on that one already.
He's an arrogant fool who has no idea how to set up a football team, and should certainly not be working at this level. The likes of Fatty Evans at Stevenage are better than him, not to mention Neil Harris at Gillingham, who sussed the clown and his tactics out pretty quick.
It's too late for me already I had enough of the humiliation last season, and it's continuing unchanged now, with the same absolutely bizarre after match comments form this bloke. 'We went toe to toe with them' FFS.
And Sport Republic can fu ck off too.
10 games for Rusty on 11:14 - Sep 17 with 3421 viewsarfurdent

and why would one expect any change in the SR playbook apart from a bit of obfuscating PR.

The SR game plan is still to buy inexperience cheap and then sell on at a profit. They can do that equally well in the Championship or League 1.

Why waste good Turkish money on an experienced coaching staff

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

10 games for Rusty on 11:15 - Sep 17 with 3415 viewsIfonly

However bad Rusty is, they won't even think about getting rid of him unless it's 2024 and we're stuck in the relegation zone. It will be an enormously painful decision to axe him and they will put it off as long as possible. I think we're stuck with him for at least 2 years.

It will be even longer than that before they re-think the idea that we should copy Man City in everything we do. So, even if they get rid of him, we'll just get a Rusty lite as a replacement.
10 games for Rusty on 12:32 - Sep 17 with 3312 viewsarfurdent

10 games for Rusty on 11:15 - Sep 17 by Ifonly

However bad Rusty is, they won't even think about getting rid of him unless it's 2024 and we're stuck in the relegation zone. It will be an enormously painful decision to axe him and they will put it off as long as possible. I think we're stuck with him for at least 2 years.

It will be even longer than that before they re-think the idea that we should copy Man City in everything we do. So, even if they get rid of him, we'll just get a Rusty lite as a replacement.

would prefer Hammerite

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

10 games for Rusty on 14:56 - Sep 17 with 3205 views1ASIN12

10 games for Rusty on 11:14 - Sep 17 by arfurdent

and why would one expect any change in the SR playbook apart from a bit of obfuscating PR.

The SR game plan is still to buy inexperience cheap and then sell on at a profit. They can do that equally well in the Championship or League 1.

Why waste good Turkish money on an experienced coaching staff

I do agree with some of what you said .

As long as Sports Republic can make a profit though buying and selling players then the league we are in doesn’t matter to them .
10 games for Rusty on 15:19 - Sep 17 with 3162 viewscocklebreath

10 games for Rusty on 14:56 - Sep 17 by 1ASIN12

I do agree with some of what you said .

As long as Sports Republic can make a profit though buying and selling players then the league we are in doesn’t matter to them .

I suppose the bigger potential profits would be if we’re in premier league but yes essentially we are a 2nd hand car salesman

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

10 games for Rusty on 15:50 - Sep 17 with 3120 viewsFlamingbankers

This is how I see the next 10 games going, for better or worse, here are my predictions. Hope I'm very wrong but at the moment I see us as a mediocre Championship outfit who couldn't organise a drink in a public house so to speak. Shoot me down, of course, if we gain more wins or perform much better:

Ipswich lose 3-0
Middlesbrough lose 2-1
Leeds lose 4-1
Stoke lose 2-1
Rotherham win 2-1!
Hull lose 3-1
Preston lose 3-1
Birmingham win 2-1
Millwall lose 2-1
WBA lose 2-1

No draws given but there's bound to be one in there somewhere, probably either the Birmingham or Millwall game.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 15:54]
10 games for Rusty on 08:22 - Sep 19 with 2886 viewscocklebreath

10 games for Rusty on 15:50 - Sep 17 by Flamingbankers

This is how I see the next 10 games going, for better or worse, here are my predictions. Hope I'm very wrong but at the moment I see us as a mediocre Championship outfit who couldn't organise a drink in a public house so to speak. Shoot me down, of course, if we gain more wins or perform much better:

Ipswich lose 3-0
Middlesbrough lose 2-1
Leeds lose 4-1
Stoke lose 2-1
Rotherham win 2-1!
Hull lose 3-1
Preston lose 3-1
Birmingham win 2-1
Millwall lose 2-1
WBA lose 2-1

No draws given but there's bound to be one in there somewhere, probably either the Birmingham or Millwall game.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2023 15:54]

If that happens I can guarantee we will have a new manager by Christmas

10 games for Rusty on 08:47 - Sep 19 with 2870 viewsSaintNick

10 games for Rusty on 08:22 - Sep 19 by cocklebreath

If that happens I can guarantee we will have a new manager by Christmas

Some people made judgements on martin before a ball had been kicked in anger, a couple of defeats and the knives are out again, everyone these days demands instant success and some will not allow any time.

It should be noted that the best Southampton managers as per the recent post on here did not always get off to great starts.

Lawrie McMenemy, decent first half of the season and then downhill all the way to Div 2, we kept faith despite massive abuse from the crowd on match days and reaped the rewards

Chris Nicholl, won only one of his first 10 League games, but did ok for 6 season.

Glenn Hoddle, won his first two and then 1 draw and 3 defeats in the next 4 games culminating in a 7-2 rout at Spurs.

Gordon Strachan, lost his first 3 games and 4 points out of his first 6.

Alan Pardew, who everyone seems to have forgotten, but who built the side that Adkins took up , didnt win a league game out of his first 9

Nigel Adkins, just a win and a draw in his opening 4 games.

Pochetino, 1 win, 3 draws and 4 defeats in his first 7 Premier league games, then a burst of 3 straight wins followed by 4 draws and 2 defeats in the final 6 games of the season, no one was too excited about the next season at this stage.

Koeman, he bucked the trend a bit a defeat and a draw followed by 4 straight wins.

The moral of the story is give someone a chance before you condemn them based on results both at other clubs and at Saints, things can change fast in football, all of the managers above suffered heavy defeats in their reigns

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

10 games for Rusty on 09:05 - Sep 19 with 2854 viewsPatfromPoole

Gives me no pleasure to say “I told you so.”

It was patently obvious from his managerial record that the approach to defending would be liberal at best. Which will never get you anywhere other than mid-table. At best.

Will be there tonight fervently hoping we win. But am expecting a defeat by at least 2 goals.

10 games for Rusty on 09:41 - Sep 19 with 2827 viewssaintwizzler

10 games for Rusty on 08:47 - Sep 19 by SaintNick

Some people made judgements on martin before a ball had been kicked in anger, a couple of defeats and the knives are out again, everyone these days demands instant success and some will not allow any time.

It should be noted that the best Southampton managers as per the recent post on here did not always get off to great starts.

Lawrie McMenemy, decent first half of the season and then downhill all the way to Div 2, we kept faith despite massive abuse from the crowd on match days and reaped the rewards

Chris Nicholl, won only one of his first 10 League games, but did ok for 6 season.

Glenn Hoddle, won his first two and then 1 draw and 3 defeats in the next 4 games culminating in a 7-2 rout at Spurs.

Gordon Strachan, lost his first 3 games and 4 points out of his first 6.

Alan Pardew, who everyone seems to have forgotten, but who built the side that Adkins took up , didnt win a league game out of his first 9

Nigel Adkins, just a win and a draw in his opening 4 games.

Pochetino, 1 win, 3 draws and 4 defeats in his first 7 Premier league games, then a burst of 3 straight wins followed by 4 draws and 2 defeats in the final 6 games of the season, no one was too excited about the next season at this stage.

Koeman, he bucked the trend a bit a defeat and a draw followed by 4 straight wins.

The moral of the story is give someone a chance before you condemn them based on results both at other clubs and at Saints, things can change fast in football, all of the managers above suffered heavy defeats in their reigns

As I said in my opening post…

‘That’ll be 16 games in total under the new manager.
I think that’s a fair amount to judge him on.’

Let’s see where we are in November.
Others may not be so accommodating.

10 games for Rusty on 12:34 - Sep 19 with 2738 viewsfranniesTache

Or board try and be too f*cking cute every single time, they bring in people based on stats and maths and completely ignore that the useless ars*holes need a kick up there ar*e and leader in the team.

These hires appeals to our "let him cook" wiltshire public school element who also think football is a spreadshhet.

I think most of us who've been doing this a very long time realised what you need for this league is a strong manager and a proper backbone to the team.

Instead we're gutless and fragile.

I said at the start of the season the best i could see was play offs, and i don't see any change to that now.

And if we get play offs i don't see us winning them as we're too mentally weak.
10 games for Rusty on 12:43 - Sep 19 with 2728 viewsPatfromPoole

10 games for Rusty on 12:34 - Sep 19 by franniesTache

Or board try and be too f*cking cute every single time, they bring in people based on stats and maths and completely ignore that the useless ars*holes need a kick up there ar*e and leader in the team.

These hires appeals to our "let him cook" wiltshire public school element who also think football is a spreadshhet.

I think most of us who've been doing this a very long time realised what you need for this league is a strong manager and a proper backbone to the team.

Instead we're gutless and fragile.

I said at the start of the season the best i could see was play offs, and i don't see any change to that now.

And if we get play offs i don't see us winning them as we're too mentally weak.

Mr. Saintwizzler has been warning me for a week or two that the England ladies’ manager will be the next wacky appointment we are likely to make….

10 games for Rusty on 13:01 - Sep 19 with 2705 viewsfranniesTache

10 games for Rusty on 12:43 - Sep 19 by PatfromPoole

Mr. Saintwizzler has been warning me for a week or two that the England ladies’ manager will be the next wacky appointment we are likely to make….

The worrying thing is i can see him being right
10 games for Rusty on 21:26 - Sep 19 with 2544 viewssaint22

i would say Rotherham at home will be his reckoning
Even if we get anything from then games prior
10 games for Rusty on 21:54 - Sep 19 with 2493 viewsBison

I have never been one for dumping manages given the limitations of our budget and players but the way we are playing is pure insanity.

I found myself shouting 'Nooo !' before our player made the pass , you can see what the manager has told them to do and the outcome was inevitable.

The players wont get no better , we need a different approach.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

10 games for Rusty on 21:57 - Sep 19 with 2460 viewssaint22

10 games for Rusty on 13:01 - Sep 19 by franniesTache

The worrying thing is i can see him being right

i would suggest it would be a damn sight better than the current fool
10 games for Rusty on 22:00 - Sep 19 with 2444 viewscocklebreath

10 games for Rusty on 21:54 - Sep 19 by Bison

I have never been one for dumping manages given the limitations of our budget and players but the way we are playing is pure insanity.

I found myself shouting 'Nooo !' before our player made the pass , you can see what the manager has told them to do and the outcome was inevitable.

The players wont get no better , we need a different approach.

Our budget is not limited in this league, we’re big boys In the champ and still shit

10 games for Rusty on 22:06 - Sep 19 with 2416 viewsBison

10 games for Rusty on 22:00 - Sep 19 by cocklebreath

Our budget is not limited in this league, we’re big boys In the champ and still shit

Was talking about the Premier League , was happy with bottom half and a cup run.

We out one cup and dropping like a stone in this League with , like you say a big budget compared to other teams .

Can we afford Sean Dyche ? Would not of said that in PL with the last manager who maintained our position in that League.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

10 games for Rusty on 12:33 - Nov 8 with 1948 viewssaintwizzler

10 games for Rusty on 09:41 - Sep 19 by saintwizzler

As I said in my opening post…

‘That’ll be 16 games in total under the new manager.
I think that’s a fair amount to judge him on.’

Let’s see where we are in November.
Others may not be so accommodating.

I think Rusty, sorry Russell Martin, has done enough in the 15 games up to now irrespective of the result v WBA this Saturday to continue.

4th in the league, 9 points off automatic promotion.

RUSSELL MARCHES ON

10 games for Rusty on 12:57 - Nov 8 with 1919 viewsBuggalugs

10 games for Rusty on 12:33 - Nov 8 by saintwizzler

I think Rusty, sorry Russell Martin, has done enough in the 15 games up to now irrespective of the result v WBA this Saturday to continue.

RUSSELL MARCHES ON

Are you finally on board "HMS Piss The League"?

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

10 games for Rusty on 13:29 - Nov 8 with 1875 viewssaint22

10 games for Rusty on 12:33 - Nov 8 by saintwizzler

RUSSELL MARCHES ON

I think we take a view after saturday
Leicester hammered us
Lets see how we get on against our closest opponents in the league before we all go patting Wussell on the back
Its a marathon not a sprint
Ralphie loved to win 3 or 4 then lose 5
We need stability and momentum so lets just see
10 games for Rusty on 13:30 - Nov 8 with 1876 viewssaintwizzler

10 games for Rusty on 12:57 - Nov 8 by Buggalugs

Are you finally on board "HMS Piss The League"?

Leicester will win the league. They are the best team.
We had a good chance at winning a trophy but it’s not to be.

A lot will depend on if Stewart is the man to score us the goals.
But to score you have to shoot.

WE MARCH ON

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024