Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wild Rovers Return Fred 15:13 - Oct 6 with 31532 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mate from neighbouring village, whom I used to sit with at LR, and moi are back to see what all this relegation nonsense is all about and, if required, breathe some life into the old dog.

Resounding display, full of gallic flair and let hi-ho silver lining ring out.

2-1 Rangers 'ave it Monsieur!!
[Post edited 6 Oct 2023 15:19]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 09:08 - Oct 7 with 2771 viewsted_hendrix

I'm suffering a total lack of confidence in our club at the moment.

Endless crap performances, endless crap excuses and results, thank feck we played Cardiff and Middlesbrough when we did.

The only good thing Is we won't get beat for a couple of weeks after today's f uck up.

Useless pillocks.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 09:10 - Oct 7 with 2768 viewsjohnhoop

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 08:51 - Oct 7 by Paddyhoops

A point will seem like a victory today.
Likely to have no midfield with Field and Colback out
We need to target these games for wins.
Blackburn are in poor form same as Swansea and Coventry.
We garnered 1 point from those two and not expecting much else from this game either.
Gareth loses this one and I’ll expect the crowd to turn.
We’ve gone pretty much a full season with one home win.
It’s not good enough really.
2.1 Blackburn.

Apart from the Watford game our last home win was against Wigan on October 22nd last year. And being a season ticket holder who only gets to the home games and was away for Watford that was the last win I saw, very nearly a year ago.
Having an ST for the R’s has been like an exercise in sheer masochism for the last twelve months.
With Blackburn being in such poor form and stricken with injuries I would have hoped for us to have scraped the three points to end it this afternoon. But with no midfield I can only see it going the same way as all those other games.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 09:37 - Oct 7 with 2707 viewsdmm

I expect the most captivating part of today's entertainment will be at 2pm when the team is announced and we stare in horror at the state of our midfield.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 10:33 - Oct 7 with 2629 viewsdavman

The certainty is a "NIL" after QPR; the result will depend on whether B'burn come here knowing that if they come at us, we will fold or whether they will strangely and nervously sit back expecting that we can actually play football.

Expecting a 0-2; hoping for a 6-0.

...Wonder which one is more likely?????

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 11:58 - Oct 7 with 2520 viewsDorse

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 09:37 - Oct 7 by dmm

I expect the most captivating part of today's entertainment will be at 2pm when the team is announced and we stare in horror at the state of our midfield.

Begovic
Kakay, Dunne, JCS, Paal
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew
Cuthbert, Dibble,*
Armstrong

(* Grubb out - thigh strain)

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 12:16 - Oct 7 with 2492 viewsLongRanger

I think Colback will be injected/wrapped up, or whatever is needed to start and Cook probably the same, as GA will know the impact on us and Blackburn if he doesn’t, given Field out. Both sides lacking confidence and quality, so going 2-2, or 3-1 Rangers if we don’t concede first.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 12:55 - Oct 7 with 2411 viewsDavieQPR

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 18:33 - Oct 6 by aston_hoop

Tryng to think of a team for this one with Dozzell being the only fit midfielder. Do we think Paal could move into midfield? Larkeche can start on the left. Or Dixon-Bonner might step in? Dunne and JCS only fit centre backs terrifies me too, don't think we can switch to Kakay in a two if (when) JCS picks up his injury. Can Dunne even do 90 at the moment? Tough one.

It would worry me more if Fox was one of the two fit CBs.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 13:01 - Oct 7 with 2392 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 12:16 - Oct 7 by LongRanger

I think Colback will be injected/wrapped up, or whatever is needed to start and Cook probably the same, as GA will know the impact on us and Blackburn if he doesn’t, given Field out. Both sides lacking confidence and quality, so going 2-2, or 3-1 Rangers if we don’t concede first.

That's the spirit Blackadder.

We're sat outside a pub in Holland Park on a sunny day, with a decent beer ahead of a rampant Rangers: what could be finer?....I know, a second pint.

Allez les Hoops

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 13:09 - Oct 7 with 2366 viewsBluce_Ree

I think we can do it. 2-0 to the Supers.

But equally I also expect us to lose and if we do I think I'm out of the Ainsworth business for good.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 13:15 - Oct 7 with 2355 viewsRs_Holy

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 08:51 - Oct 7 by Paddyhoops

A point will seem like a victory today.
Likely to have no midfield with Field and Colback out
We need to target these games for wins.
Blackburn are in poor form same as Swansea and Coventry.
We garnered 1 point from those two and not expecting much else from this game either.
Gareth loses this one and I’ll expect the crowd to turn.
We’ve gone pretty much a full season with one home win.
It’s not good enough really.
2.1 Blackburn.

A 1-1 draw … and it will feel like we’ve won the Champions League… the glorious feeling of a precious, beautifully formed, big, juicy whole point gained … the only way is up baby!
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 13:23 - Oct 7 with 2330 viewshubble

Is this make or break for Ainsworth? I think so. If we lose against a team with the form Blackburn have, then there really can't be any excuses. Win, and he buys himself a stay of execution. Draw and he's hanging on by a thread.

I think the boys will empty the tank, send Kakay off with a Jerry can to try and find some more fuel, hope to hang on until he gets back, concede just before he makes it back onto the pitch, whereupon he falls over, accidentally delivering the best long throw ever, which bounces off Dykes' head into the net. In the wild celebrations that ensue, Burn nick a winner. Gareth runs onto the pitch with a mike singing Nessum Dorma before being carted off to the loony bin.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 13:35 - Oct 7 with 2296 viewsNov77

I have a sneaky suspicion we’re gonna win today.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 13:40 - Oct 7 with 2284 viewsSAPilgrim

2-1 loss. Because if i predict a loss we may win, and if we win I will cry sweet, nectary tears.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:03 - Oct 7 with 2158 viewsQPRSteve

McKenna and Larkeche in.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2023 14:04]
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:05 - Oct 7 with 2119 viewsSimonJames

2-0 Armstrong

100% of people who drink water will die.

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:06 - Oct 7 with 2104 viewsngbqpr

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:03 - Oct 7 by QPRSteve

McKenna and Larkeche in.

That's got me scratching my head tbh.

I get that Cannon's not match fit, that Cook's out, and that Kakay had a rough night at Leeds and is taken out of the firing line...but that looks like a back 4 with three left footers...so presumably Dunne at right back...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:06 - Oct 7 with 2101 viewsbenhurst

Not entirely sure what the formation is, I think it's either a 4-2-3-1 (Larkeche RB, Duke-McKenna/Colback in midfield, Dozzell further forward) or the same system as before with Larkeche in Ozzy's sort-of centre back role and Duke-McKenna as a wing-back.

Cannon on the bench is very nice to see
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:06 - Oct 7 with 2100 viewscpgerber

Who's playing on the right there?

Cannon on the bench. That was quick.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:08 - Oct 7 with 2039 viewsToast_R

Sunderland getting it down to 10 men. Now they know how it feels.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:11 - Oct 7 with 1962 viewsHoopsie

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:06 - Oct 7 by cpgerber

Who's playing on the right there?

Cannon on the bench. That was quick.

Larkeche was playing on the right after replacing Cook vs Leeds IIRC

Poll: At this moment in time, whatever the situation, your thoughts on Chris Willock

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:12 - Oct 7 with 1942 viewsDavieQPR

Just wish he would tweak the tactics a bit. Dykes and Armstrong upfront is not working and just encourages upfield punts.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:18 - Oct 7 with 1809 viewsrbee

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:12 - Oct 7 by DavieQPR

Just wish he would tweak the tactics a bit. Dykes and Armstrong upfront is not working and just encourages upfield punts.

Agreed. Armstrong is only really effective with the ball at his feet running at defenders. I actually wouldn't start him but if we do then I would play him wide.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:19 - Oct 7 with 1780 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:03 - Oct 7 by QPRSteve

McKenna and Larkeche in.

Good grief, my 0-2 now looks optimistic. I don't get who is playing where, 2 left backs on, so can only assume 1 is playing right back.
No room for Smyth who, as we thought, is probably not good enough to play RWB.

Christ, I hope this is as bad as it gets.
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:22 - Oct 7 with 1742 viewsWD99

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:06 - Oct 7 by benhurst

Not entirely sure what the formation is, I think it's either a 4-2-3-1 (Larkeche RB, Duke-McKenna/Colback in midfield, Dozzell further forward) or the same system as before with Larkeche in Ozzy's sort-of centre back role and Duke-McKenna as a wing-back.

Cannon on the bench is very nice to see

This will be fascinating to see how we line up. Existing system like you said, but maybe Larkeche at LCB and JCS in the middle? Or 442 diamond maybe with Paal in the midfield?
Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:31 - Oct 7 with 1596 viewsWatford_Ranger

Wild Rovers Return Fred on 14:22 - Oct 7 by WD99

This will be fascinating to see how we line up. Existing system like you said, but maybe Larkeche at LCB and JCS in the middle? Or 442 diamond maybe with Paal in the midfield?

Didn’t Larkeche play on the right once? I’ve given up trying to remember anything that didn’t happen today.

Anyway I’m as a pessimistic as anyone but will take my seat in Ellerslie and pray.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024