Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Appreciate I am old school…. 12:40 - Oct 24 with 2235 viewsTripleNiemi

….but can anyone on here enlighten me as to what the term ‘limbs’ means when used in the social media world? Only ask as I thought limbs were part of the human anatomy but I appear to be mistaken…….

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Appreciate I am old school…. on 12:57 - Oct 24 with 2208 viewsfranniesTache

It's a term for goal celebrations used by kids trying way too f*cking hard, and is the reason why loads of nippers throw themselves around like michael j fox trying to stand on a bouncy castle for every goal, irregardless of the actual relevancy of the goal.

A bit like singing in the concourse, or singing about libraries, it has nothing to do with football, and everything to do with filming yourself for social media.
Appreciate I am old school…. on 12:57 - Oct 24 with 2207 viewsSonicBoom

Tis the current generations version of going mental when a goal is scored. That fact you can see all the arms go up and everyone jumping around seems to qualify as "scenes" and/or "limbs".
Quite what they would have made of the terraces before all seaters stadia is anyone's guess. I often thought I was fighting for my life in those days. I expect they would all take to social media to complain that some idiot knocked their phone out their hand.
Appreciate I am old school…. on 17:17 - Oct 24 with 2025 viewsarfurdent

Appreciate I am old school…. on 12:57 - Oct 24 by SonicBoom

Tis the current generations version of going mental when a goal is scored. That fact you can see all the arms go up and everyone jumping around seems to qualify as "scenes" and/or "limbs".
Quite what they would have made of the terraces before all seaters stadia is anyone's guess. I often thought I was fighting for my life in those days. I expect they would all take to social media to complain that some idiot knocked their phone out their hand.

or their dummy

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Appreciate I am old school…. on 07:56 - Oct 25 with 1862 viewsNumber_58

Ah, so it has nothing to do with our League Cup game at Elm Park in the late 70s when someone's artificial leg fell off.
Appreciate I am old school…. on 08:40 - Nov 5 with 1497 viewskernow

Appreciate I am old school…. on 07:56 - Oct 25 by Number_58

Ah, so it has nothing to do with our League Cup game at Elm Park in the late 70s when someone's artificial leg fell off.

That joke was prosthetic.
Appreciate I am old school…. on 17:41 - Nov 5 with 1356 viewsSalisburySaint

Appreciate I am old school…. on 07:56 - Oct 25 by Number_58

Remember the Police taking him out, with one of them carrying his leg, I thought he’d been arrested
Appreciate I am old school…. on 19:26 - Nov 5 with 1310 viewsUlsterBaz

Appreciate I am old school…. on 12:57 - Oct 24 by franniesTache

It's a term for goal celebrations used by kids trying way too f*cking hard, and is the reason why loads of nippers throw themselves around like michael j fox trying to stand on a bouncy castle for every goal, irregardless of the actual relevancy of the goal.

A bit like singing in the concourse, or singing about libraries, it has nothing to do with football, and everything to do with filming yourself for social media.

The current trend of concourse culture drives me mad. Went to a few aways in the last couple of seasons when you didn’t hear a peep out of these kids in the stand. But downstairs at halftime by the burger counters, stuck a few mobile phones in their direction and they’re happy to jump about and throw lager around. Nuts!

Disclaimer: I am middle aged too! 🤣
[Post edited 5 Nov 2023 19:26]
Appreciate I am old school…. on 23:15 - Nov 5 with 1205 viewscocklebreath

Appreciate I am old school…. on 19:26 - Nov 5 by UlsterBaz

The current trend of concourse culture drives me mad. Went to a few aways in the last couple of seasons when you didn’t hear a peep out of these kids in the stand. But downstairs at halftime by the burger counters, stuck a few mobile phones in their direction and they’re happy to jump about and throw lager around. Nuts!

Disclaimer: I am middle aged too! 🤣
[Post edited 5 Nov 2023 19:26]

Couple of years ago at sheff Utd, much singing and noise in the concourse pre match followed by near silence in a sold out away end, strange.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024