Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? 16:42 - Oct 29 with 1773 viewsblambo

With 1 minute to go and 2 goals ahead, is it to much to ask for Saints to take the corner and look for a fourth goal rather than try to waste the final minute?
Can someone please remind the coach and players that we pay to watch this?
Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 17:02 - Oct 29 with 1732 viewsTimSaint

.....and if we had put it in the box and Blues broke away and scored, you'd be moaning that it was stupid to do that in injury time. The way we defended in that silly 10 mins, it could have happened !!

Just be thankful that we saw the game out for a nice 3-1 win - you'd have taken before the game - and you got to see Edozie get kicked up in the air from your bemoaned corner routine !! :-)

TimSaint

Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 17:04 - Oct 29 with 1731 viewsPatfromPoole

Having bad memories of Sunderland away, I have no problems with pragmatism here.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 17:37 - Oct 29 with 1684 viewsBerber

That is like complaining that you haven’t got pink rock salt with your quail’s eggs.
Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 20:30 - Oct 29 with 1593 viewssaintwizzler

Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 17:04 - Oct 29 by PatfromPoole

Having bad memories of Sunderland away, I have no problems with pragmatism here.

Grow up.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 20:36 - Oct 29 with 1591 viewsSouthamptonfan

I suppose the point being made here, is that we were 3 1 up with only one minute left. There was no way we were going concede two in a minute, so why not try to improve our goal difference tally, take a slight risk and get the fourth, but I didn't have any problems with what we did. We won the game so it didn't matter to me that we kept it in the corner flag.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 01:43 - Oct 30 with 1468 viewssledger

jeez we are complaining about only winning 3-1 now,just remember we have already won more games than last season.
Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 02:13 - Oct 30 with 1465 viewsericofarabia

Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 01:43 - Oct 30 by sledger

jeez we are complaining about only winning 3-1 now,just remember we have already won more games than last season.

I was disappointed Bazza didn't come up for it to add to his goal/assist record 🙄😉
Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 09:29 - Oct 30 with 1362 viewsdarthvader

That very thing has happened to us more times than i can count over the years so i dont have a problem with it , especially as we had also in the past , conceeded late late goals . Losing points 3.1 up at arsenal last season , 2 nil up home to Middlesbrough, 2 nil up home to Everton , 2 nil up home to villa 3 nill up v leeds in years gone by, plus many more

Its actually good that we are the team actually scoring late goals. Ill take the time wasting , and the luck the ref saw nothing in the stonewall penalty+red card . Again that has happened against us too, so im happy to take the beginning of the bad decision balance back

keep the faith coyr

Login to get fewer ads

Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 10:27 - Oct 30 with 1346 viewsGRIM

Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 20:36 - Oct 29 by Southamptonfan

I suppose the point being made here, is that we were 3 1 up with only one minute left. There was no way we were going concede two in a minute, so why not try to improve our goal difference tally, take a slight risk and get the fourth, but I didn't have any problems with what we did. We won the game so it didn't matter to me that we kept it in the corner flag.

H'mmm.
I'm not convinced that we wouldn't concede 2 goals in the last minute, we are capable of that.
When we concede one we are prone to conceding a second soon after.
BUT, albeit I would have liked to see us take the corner & possibly get a 4th goal it just wasn't worth the risk.
It's all about managing the game out & not taking risks.
That's what the top teams do.
Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 16:08 - Oct 30 with 1272 viewssaint901

Agreed that not taking risks is sensible but so is playing a corner to a player outside the box and keeping hold of it for a while, rather than wind everybody up with holding it in the corner.

Not a good look.
Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 09:16 - Oct 31 with 1141 viewsdarthvader

Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 16:08 - Oct 30 by saint901

Agreed that not taking risks is sensible but so is playing a corner to a player outside the box and keeping hold of it for a while, rather than wind everybody up with holding it in the corner.

Not a good look.

Fukc them .wind them up . The gits have done it to us countless times

keep the faith coyr

Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 09:42 - Oct 31 with 1135 viewsarfurdent

Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 17:37 - Oct 29 by Berber

That is like complaining that you haven’t got pink rock salt with your quail’s eggs.

interesting IVF procedure

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 10:13 - Oct 31 with 1129 viewsblambo

Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 17:02 - Oct 29 by TimSaint

.....and if we had put it in the box and Blues broke away and scored, you'd be moaning that it was stupid to do that in injury time. The way we defended in that silly 10 mins, it could have happened !!

Just be thankful that we saw the game out for a nice 3-1 win - you'd have taken before the game - and you got to see Edozie get kicked up in the air from your bemoaned corner routine !! :-)

If we were ONE goal up I would agree with you.
But even we can't let in 2 goals in under a minute.
I stand by what I said.
Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 10:14 - Oct 31 with 1128 viewsblambo

Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 20:36 - Oct 29 by Southamptonfan

At last, someone else with a brain...
Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 12:10 - Oct 31 with 1097 viewsdarthvader

Time wasting instead of taking a corner when you are 2 goals up; WTF? on 10:13 - Oct 31 by blambo

If we were ONE goal up I would agree with you.
But even we can't let in 2 goals in under a minute.
I stand by what I said.

This is saints you sre talking about . We are more than capable of that .

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024