Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fell apart on Saturday.. 14:54 - Nov 27 with 1581 viewsstmichael

Literally went to pieces in the last 20 minutes.
Sheer panic , lots of free kicks given away when literally there only threat was set pieces.
Edozie defensively absolutely woeful.
Make no mistake 10 more minutes and we would have lost.
2 home wins will be a very productive week but after a fortunate win against WBA you have to say the performances are NOT of a top two side and we will get found out if they don’t improve…

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Fell apart on Saturday.. on 15:04 - Nov 27 with 1561 viewsSaintNick

When they scored we actually got our game together again and looked a lot better and the more likely to in it in injury time

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fell apart on Saturday.. on 15:30 - Nov 27 with 1523 viewsCenturion

Well, hardly fell apart. We got a point away from home against a team that are looking over their shoulders. Of course they were going to react after going a goal down.
Saints look like one of the play off candidates and tbh if that is how we end the season, then it is some achievement after last season.
Fell apart on Saturday.. on 16:29 - Nov 27 with 1475 viewsfranniesTache

Edozie reminds me of a championship standard fabrice fernandes.

Lots of ploughing crop circles on the wings, but little to no end product and thinks defending is a brand of car that Range Rover sell
Fell apart on Saturday.. on 16:36 - Nov 27 with 1465 viewsgrumpy

I must admit we are doing better than I thought we would,but I'm still to be convinced this manager knows what hes doing.
Fell apart on Saturday.. on 17:08 - Nov 27 with 1433 viewsGRIM

Fell apart on Saturday.. on 16:36 - Nov 27 by grumpy

I must admit we are doing better than I thought we would,but I'm still to be convinced this manager knows what hes doing.

I agree Grumps.
With the squad we've got our performances should be better & more consistent over 90 mins. I am still not convinced about RM, I think a more experienced Manager / Coach would have us playing better with even more points in the bag.
Alright they are unbeaten in 9 games but the performances are not great, we've been riding our luck a bit.
But as they say if you can get results when you're not playing well then that is very positive.
Fell apart on Saturday.. on 17:19 - Nov 27 with 1410 viewssaint22

Fell apart on Saturday.. on 17:08 - Nov 27 by GRIM

I agree Grumps.
With the squad we've got our performances should be better & more consistent over 90 mins. I am still not convinced about RM, I think a more experienced Manager / Coach would have us playing better with even more points in the bag.
Alright they are unbeaten in 9 games but the performances are not great, we've been riding our luck a bit.
But as they say if you can get results when you're not playing well then that is very positive.

its deja vu
We have another manager who talks a good game but is learning on the job, clueless subs, no plan B, can't change tactics when needed, reactive not proactive, still leaves players out for no reason
we are a top 6 side just about, an experienced manager would have us ensuring we dont drop points against teams in the bottom 4
Fell apart on Saturday.. on 18:25 - Nov 27 with 1374 viewsgrumpy

Fell apart on Saturday.. on 17:08 - Nov 27 by GRIM

I agree Grumps.

What was frustrating,GRIM was the team emerged in the second half as if all they had to do was pass to each other to get 3 points,when Huddersfield scored they were suddenly spurred into action.
I would like to know what was said to them at Half Time.
Fell apart on Saturday.. on 20:28 - Nov 27 with 1282 viewsBerber

Probably my last comment on this kind of thread, as it is just same old, same old, even if completely justified. There will be those wetting themselves because we get close to or into the playoffs. We do have a strong squad, despite the inclusion of Edozie, Manning and Smallbone, and we should be doing far better than we are. It wasn’t as if Leicester had a stand out squad either, and the same for Leeds. We haven’t been able to defend for a few seasons now, and I don’t see anything apart from personnel changes to suggest there is any likelihood of it getting better this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Fell apart on Saturday.. on 10:03 - Nov 28 with 1189 viewsSaintNick

Fell apart on Saturday.. on 20:28 - Nov 27 by Berber

Probably my last comment on this kind of thread, as it is just same old, same old, even if completely justified. There will be those wetting themselves because we get close to or into the playoffs. We do have a strong squad, despite the inclusion of Edozie, Manning and Smallbone, and we should be doing far better than we are. It wasn’t as if Leicester had a stand out squad either, and the same for Leeds. We haven’t been able to defend for a few seasons now, and I don’t see anything apart from personnel changes to suggest there is any likelihood of it getting better this season.

There is this school of thought that we can't defend, this isnt quite true, it is based entirely on the opening games of the season when we conceded 16 goals in the first 8 games, an average of 2 a game.

But in the 9 games since we have conceded just 8 goals an average of 0.88 goals per game, so we have learnt to defend it seems.

Leicester aside the next best defence has conceded 17 goals, that is a goal a game.

So given our poor defensive start to the season we are possibly the best defence over the past 9 games, so to say there is no likelihood of it getting better is clearly wrong, we have improved greatly over the past two months.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fell apart on Saturday.. on 13:18 - Nov 28 with 1131 viewssledger

Arrogance is our problem,thinking we can just coast through games,they need a good kick up the ar*e
Fell apart on Saturday.. on 02:30 - Nov 29 with 1044 viewsTimSaint

Fell apart on Saturday.. on 10:03 - Nov 28 by SaintNick

There is this school of thought that we can't defend, this isnt quite true, it is based entirely on the opening games of the season when we conceded 16 goals in the first 8 games, an average of 2 a game.

But in the 9 games since we have conceded just 8 goals an average of 0.88 goals per game, so we have learnt to defend it seems.

Leicester aside the next best defence has conceded 17 goals, that is a goal a game.

So given our poor defensive start to the season we are possibly the best defence over the past 9 games, so to say there is no likelihood of it getting better is clearly wrong, we have improved greatly over the past two months.

I haven't checked, mainly because I can't be arsed to count, but I reckon West Brom have conceded fewer goals than us in that 9 game period and had a further clean sheet in their win tonight.

It is slowly improving, but our defence / GK have the nack of presenting teams with guilt edged chances, often through unforced errors and of course they are usually obliging and score.

Teams know that they will get chances against us and have often used the tactic of trying to thwart us for most of the game and going for it more in the 2nd half / latter stages.

Our opponents also have a tendency of scoring against us with perhaps a minimal number of shots on target. This has cost us valuable points and league positions already this season, such as Huddersfield, Rotherham etc.

The fact that we rarely keep a clean sheet also shows our defence needs further work. We have only had 2 all season, both of which were away from home. The last time we had a home clean sheet was back in March, against Leicester I think, but here's hoping for another v Bristol City tomorrow.

TimSaint

Fell apart on Saturday.. on 08:01 - Nov 29 with 1002 viewssaintwizzler

We are always going to be exposed on the wings when KWP and Manning play as they push on so much. Bree is a natural defender and sits back.
I’d like to see 3 Centre Backs with KWP and Manning as Wing Backs. Both are good going forward but I’d question both of their defensive attributes.
This won’t happen as The Manager Formly Known As Rusty loves his 4-3-3 and has a lovely beard and smashing hair.

WE 4-3-3 IT ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024