Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Education in Wales Slumps 10:38 - Dec 5 with 4579 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Is anything going in the right direction for us?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67616536

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Education in Wales Slumps on 17:06 - Dec 7 with 922 viewsWingstandwood

Education in Wales Slumps on 12:08 - Dec 5 by onehunglow

Home Bargains
Popcorn

It’s a case of buying Butterkist Toffeee popcorn bags that contain six small packs within to pace myself whilst awaiting criticism from YesCymru yokles who constantly condone and
deflect blame away from ruinous Cardiff government.

In fact many were outraged at Westminsters offer to help pay for a relief road! How dare Wales have infrastructure to compete against more modern economies hey!

Like I have previously mentioned i.e. these people have no problem with bottom-of-the-table Wales wishing for even more power to be bestowed upon the destructive village-commitee standard E- grade yokels in charge.

It's akin to giving the deliquent kid with a sharp pair of scissors a Samurai sword instead!!!!

https://twitter.com/YesCymru

Argus!

Education in Wales Slumps on 17:12 - Dec 7 with 912 viewsonehunglow

Education in Wales Slumps on 17:06 - Dec 7 by Wingstandwood

It’s a case of buying Butterkist Toffeee popcorn bags that contain six small packs within to pace myself whilst awaiting criticism from YesCymru yokles who constantly condone and

In fact many were outraged at Westminsters offer to help pay for a relief road! How dare Wales have infrastructure to compete against more modern economies hey!

Like I have previously mentioned i.e. these people have no problem with bottom-of-the-table Wales wishing for even more power to be bestowed upon the destructive village-commitee standard E- grade yokels in charge.

It's akin to giving the deliquent kid with a sharp pair of scissors a Samurai sword instead!!!!

Butterkist
Now you're really digging an bigger hole
I hope you weren't one of those dullards that took s girl or boyfriend to the pictures and tried to impress them with those annoying packs of crap and tiny tub of Lyons's Maid

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Education in Wales Slumps on 17:16 - Dec 7 with 908 viewsBoundy

Education in Wales Slumps on 17:06 - Dec 7 by Wingstandwood

I clicked on the link, I wish I hadn't. If that's the future no wonder so many yearn for the past

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Education in Wales Slumps on 17:19 - Dec 7 with 902 viewsonehunglow

Education in Wales Slumps on 17:16 - Dec 7 by Boundy

I clicked on the link, I wish I hadn't. If that's the future no wonder so many yearn for the past

I did too
Mass movement then
Like a rugby team after a night out and a goodcurry

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Education in Wales Slumps on 17:42 - Dec 7 with 882 viewsWingstandwood

Education in Wales Slumps on 17:12 - Dec 7 by onehunglow

Butterkist
Now you're really digging an bigger hole
I hope you weren't one of those dullards that took s girl or boyfriend to the pictures and tried to impress them with those annoying packs of crap and tiny tub of Lyons's Maid

All that popcorn???

By the time YesCymru starts (if ever) speaking out against disgraceful standards of EVIDENTLY
ruinous Cardiff Bay government, that's nothing other than blatant sabotage/decline, I guess I will be about 20+ stone overweight. This is going to require a lot of popcorn!!!

Funny that? Those that think themselves to be the most patriotic show the least amount of GENUINE concern for Wales and its children’s futures. Work that one out.

The aforementioned part-time patriots can however still get very emotional about songs concerning Magnus Maximus and the year "three-hundred-eight-three" which by sheer coincidence is the very year back in time that Welsh roads are heading!

Great song for inward investment that!

[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 17:49]

Argus!

Education in Wales Slumps on 18:00 - Dec 7 with 871 viewsSullutaCreturned

Education in Wales Slumps on 17:42 - Dec 7 by Wingstandwood

All that popcorn???

By the time YesCymru starts (if ever) speaking out against disgraceful standards of EVIDENTLY
ruinous Cardiff Bay government, that's nothing other than blatant sabotage/decline, I guess I will be about 20+ stone overweight. This is going to require a lot of popcorn!!!

Funny that? Those that think themselves to be the most patriotic show the least amount of GENUINE concern for Wales and its children’s futures. Work that one out.

The aforementioned part-time patriots can however still get very emotional about songs concerning Magnus Maximus and the year "three-hundred-eight-three" which by sheer coincidence is the very year back in time that Welsh roads are heading!

Magnus Maximus was a Roman general from Hispania ( modern day Spain )

To be fair though, the Romans built great roads, their infrastructure was at least fit for their purpose. They'd look at the stae of our roads and laugh.

They think themselves great patriots well to e fair Castro was a great patriot and look at Cuba. Do we want to be like Cuba, without the sun!
Education in Wales Slumps on 20:49 - Dec 7 with 817 viewsBoundy

Education in Wales Slumps on 18:00 - Dec 7 by SullutaCreturned

Magnus Maximus was a Roman general from Hispania ( modern day Spain )

To be fair though, the Romans built great roads, their infrastructure was at least fit for their purpose. They'd look at the stae of our roads and laugh.

They think themselves great patriots well to e fair Castro was a great patriot and look at Cuba. Do we want to be like Cuba, without the sun!

Or the fifties cadillacs

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Education in Wales Slumps on 23:42 - Dec 7 with 784 viewsLuther27

Education in Wales Slumps on 17:16 - Dec 7 by Boundy

I agree. Then again those kids are overqualified to enter The Senedd in future years 😂
Login to get fewer ads

Education in Wales Slumps on 10:22 - Dec 8 with 723 viewscontroversial_jack

Education in Wales Slumps on 16:11 - Dec 7 by SullutaCreturned

Many schools? If you have 10 kids who have given you 120 grand kids who were/are all in different schools you would still be talking about less than 10% of Welsh primary schools.

In reality what are you talking about, 4 or 5 schools?

I'm not saying education isn't poorer now than 40 years ago but what I personally know is I have been well informed of my sons progress in all his schools. That's 2 promaries and the comp.

Yes, 5 primary schools and two secondary ones. the difference in attitude of teachers when my kids were in school and now is striking. They don'rt seem to care thesedays. Of course, that's my experience, no doubt someone will be along to say different
Education in Wales Slumps on 12:26 - Dec 8 with 691 viewsGwyn737

Education in Wales Slumps on 10:22 - Dec 8 by controversial_jack

Yes, 5 primary schools and two secondary ones. the difference in attitude of teachers when my kids were in school and now is striking. They don'rt seem to care thesedays. Of course, that's my experience, no doubt someone will be along to say different

Nope. That's your experience an no-one can say it not true. Two familes can have children in the same class in the same school and have opposite opinions on the quality of teaching. That's because what people think is a good school is often very different.

What you said is the standard of teaching and results have dropped and this is demonstrated by comparing with the rest of the world.

You then provided an article that showed the complete opposite.
Education in Wales Slumps on 16:24 - Dec 8 with 662 viewsSullutaCreturned

Education in Wales Slumps on 12:26 - Dec 8 by Gwyn737

Nope. That's your experience an no-one can say it not true. Two familes can have children in the same class in the same school and have opposite opinions on the quality of teaching. That's because what people think is a good school is often very different.

What you said is the standard of teaching and results have dropped and this is demonstrated by comparing with the rest of the world.

You then provided an article that showed the complete opposite.

But Wales is the worst performing country in the UK,

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2023-12-05/national-school-standards-fall-by-equi
Education in Wales Slumps on 18:46 - Dec 8 with 643 viewsGwyn737

Education in Wales Slumps on 16:24 - Dec 8 by SullutaCreturned

But Wales is the worst performing country in the UK,

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2023-12-05/national-school-standards-fall-by-equi

You’re quite right, Cat.

I did say at the start of the thread that Wales’ curriculum reforms have been a disaster and the direction of travel is wrong too.

It’s an area where the conservatives have got a lot right and should be shouting about it.
Education in Wales Slumps on 18:57 - Dec 8 with 632 viewsSullutaCreturned

Education in Wales Slumps on 18:46 - Dec 8 by Gwyn737

You’re quite right, Cat.

I did say at the start of the thread that Wales’ curriculum reforms have been a disaster and the direction of travel is wrong too.

It’s an area where the conservatives have got a lot right and should be shouting about it.

To me this is a damning indictment of the Senedd. All those out there who demand we would do better as an indy nation should look at the real facts, not the rose tinted variety.

Everything Drakeford does has two outcomes, it is either at least a minor success so he takes credit OR it is a failure so he blames Westminster. It's a very tired narrative but those blinkered Welsh nats lap it up.
Education in Wales Slumps on 13:34 - Dec 9 with 556 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Education in Wales Slumps on 17:42 - Dec 7 by Wingstandwood

All that popcorn???

Popcorn is a great dieting snack. It fills you up and is nearly all fibre. Just watch out for the salt!

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Education in Wales Slumps on 11:44 - Dec 10 with 467 viewsSullutaCreturned

Education in Wales Slumps on 13:34 - Dec 9 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Popcorn is a great dieting snack. It fills you up and is nearly all fibre. Just watch out for the salt!

Maybe that's another thing the Senedd will do for us, ban salted snacks?

The Labour party in Wales, nanny state mentality and it's causing their demise because they are too blinkered to see it's not what most people want,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/support-labour-mark-drakeford-plumme

it's a continuing trend,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/discontent-grows-towards-mark-drakef

Though when it comes to a vote Drakeford won't be there and people will still vote Labour in, even if we are saddled with the useless Gething. Then it could be Waters or Morgan, or Miles, so it could be even worse again.
Education in Wales Slumps on 16:32 - Dec 10 with 427 viewshowenjack

Edukashon is Impotent
Education in Wales Slumps on 17:03 - Dec 10 with 414 viewsmajorraglan

In terms of the drop in standards, I don’t think we can blame this all on the WG because I genuinely believe parents need to take some of the blame too because lots of parents cant be asked to put their phones down and go and help their kids with reading practice, spelling, home work etc. We live in a culture where many people don’t appreciate the value of education.
Education in Wales Slumps on 18:21 - Dec 10 with 400 viewsSullutaCreturned

Education in Wales Slumps on 17:03 - Dec 10 by majorraglan

In terms of the drop in standards, I don’t think we can blame this all on the WG because I genuinely believe parents need to take some of the blame too because lots of parents cant be asked to put their phones down and go and help their kids with reading practice, spelling, home work etc. We live in a culture where many people don’t appreciate the value of education.

Well yes, I can agree that parents have to take some of the blame but even so, the schools are failing at their job.
It's not entirely their fault, the government is driving them towards failure by underfunding them AND the reconstruction of the syllabus that looks, to me at least, like a downgrading.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024