Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread 04:56 - Dec 23 with 24960 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Its Friday night close to midnight here in America so basically 6 am in London and no Match Thread yet.
Are we waiting for E17Hoops again or has he thrown in the towel .
I know the entire fanbase is dissapointed with the SW defeat but I expect a reaction from the boys tomorrow / today .
QPR 1 Southampton 1
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:05 - Dec 23 with 2729 viewsSherryHoop

Another frustrating result. I wasn't expecting to win it but we could have got something out of it. It just felt a bit too easy for Southampton once they scored. The sort of game that we might of won if we hadn't butchered the previous 2 and we're full of confidence.

Anyway....we are where we are.....onwards and upwards.... Merry Christmas to all Rs
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:08 - Dec 23 with 2679 viewsJimthehip

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:05 - Dec 23 by SherryHoop

Another frustrating result. I wasn't expecting to win it but we could have got something out of it. It just felt a bit too easy for Southampton once they scored. The sort of game that we might of won if we hadn't butchered the previous 2 and we're full of confidence.

Anyway....we are where we are.....onwards and upwards.... Merry Christmas to all Rs

Working really hard and did ok today but unless Chair scores from range we don't score
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:11 - Dec 23 with 2601 viewsDaBurgh

For what it's worth, it's nice to see Chair have more confidence in his left foot.
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:12 - Dec 23 with 2576 viewseghamranger

Thought we did ok. Southampton are 4th and a good team. Chair needs to learn to lay the ball off earlier.

Other teams around us lost and Sunderland lost!!
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:18 - Dec 23 with 2464 viewsSpaceman_P

I guess this is the only consolation for today I guess.

I can imagine like me, you're all still pissed off about Sheff Wednesday, can't help but feel that was one of the biggest loses we've had this year. Could prove to be exceptionally costly later.
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:19 - Dec 23 with 2452 viewsted_hendrix

We got exactly what we deserved today absolutely nothing.

Yet again other results were favourable for us and yet again we couldn't take advantage.

Do people realise just how bad we are squad/player wise?

Whoever at the club who Is employed to bring players In should hang their head In shame for stealing a salary, It's not new, It hasn't just crept up on us has It?

Jesus wept I'm laid up with bloody awful Covid on top of being asthmatic (no I'm not looking for sympathy) but for once just once you useless f ucking bastards..............

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:19 - Dec 23 with 2449 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 16:55 - Dec 23 by Match82

We played well today. But that last five minutes was utterly utterly pathetic. From the point where JCS has the ball, under no pressure, 5 yards inside his own half, we had no touches inside their half for FIVE minutes until the last desperation corner. That's not good enough. And if this game isn't the last one Adomah plays for us I'll be amazed, way off the pace when he should be fresh as a sub.

JCS got caught twice another day its 3-0 from those fcuk ups.
Jimmy Dunne set them up perfectly as well as getting caught upfield thinking he is Usain Bolt.
Albert coming on shows how desperate we are he was marking Fraizer that was his (Fraizer )Christmas gift from Marti .
Saints won ugly in the end but they always looked like another goal was seconds away.
Did Sam Field get concussed at the end that would be a horrible end to a frustrating day
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:21 - Dec 23 with 2411 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Thought we played well. Conceded a soft goal and lack a cutting edge. That cross from Chair in the second half sums it up - right across the goal but no one on it and barely any bodies in the box. The previous regime want shooting for failing to sort our striking problem out years ago. God knows how the nonce ref only played four minutes added time in the second half - how many subs were there for starters, then add on players going down and general time-wasting. Absolute joke.

Anyway, it's Boxing Day that matters, just as it was Sheffield Wednesday. They are the games we need to win.
Login to get fewer ads

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:23 - Dec 23 with 2382 viewsVancouverHoop

Yup. The lack of anyone who can put the biscuit in the basket was particularly evident today. Dykes played well, but he just isn't a goalscorer. He's a midfield scrapper. Armstrong has the tools to be a striker but no toolbox, and I don't think he ever will have 'cos strikers are born not made. Kelman is... ? I'm not sure what he is, but it isn't a striker. If Marti can find one under a Scandinavian rock, or ice-flow, or anywhere really, we'll be OK. If he can't then, come match days, I'll be checking my blood-pressure hourly.
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:27 - Dec 23 with 2307 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:19 - Dec 23 by ted_hendrix

Yet again other results were favourable for us and yet again we couldn't take advantage.

Whoever at the club who Is employed to bring players In should hang their head In shame for stealing a salary, It's not new, It hasn't just crept up on us has It?

Jesus wept I'm laid up with bloody awful Covid on top of being asthmatic (no I'm not looking for sympathy) but for once just once you useless f ucking bastards..............

That is horrible news Ted made worse by the timing at Christmas .
Look after yourself ,keep seriously hydrated and watch that oxygen with your lungs already working hard .
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:28 - Dec 23 with 2294 viewsjoe90

Didn’t think we’d win, but still disappointed with the result. I naively thought we’d ’turned a corner’, but it looks like we’ve got some way to go. The relegation battle is real despite the escape hatch being within touching distance. Very lucky with the other results.
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:30 - Dec 23 with 2273 viewsJimthehip

Sorry to hear of your illness my friend.

Please just don't let the rss get to you as well. Just have a nice rest and chill. Hope you not got any money worries etc and can just focus on getting better mate. Its only football at the end pf the day - your health is far more important

Hope you get better
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:31 - Dec 23 with 2255 viewsStreathamRanger

I don't think we played badly today. Got done by a well worked set piece routine. Other than that the defence were pretty solid. I thought Dunne was back towards his best. We took the game to them. We know we don't have the fire power but they moved the ball pretty well today and made southampton really work for the three points. Look how they celebrated the win at the final whistle. They knew they had fought bloody hard to win it.
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:32 - Dec 23 with 2242 viewsNed_Kennedys

This team will only win if Chair and Willock have good games: neither did today.

Dykes needs to stay on for the whole match every game: he’s not made of glass like half the team.
Armstrong and Kelman offered nothing when they came on.
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:48 - Dec 23 with 2055 viewsngbqpr

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:28 - Dec 23 by joe90

Didn’t think we’d win, but still disappointed with the result. I naively thought we’d ’turned a corner’, but it looks like we’ve got some way to go. The relegation battle is real despite the escape hatch being within touching distance. Very lucky with the other results.

Lucky? Or maybe those teams in & around us are a bit crap too.

With both us and Wednesday picking up points under our new managers, what looked like 3 from 4 (incl us) a few weeks ago is now arguably 3 from 8 or 9.

Halfway through and we have 4 / 7 points over the two below us, and three immediately above us within 4 points. Think we'd all have taken that at this point the day Gaz was sacked.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:57 - Dec 23 with 1961 viewsted_hendrix

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:31 - Dec 23 by StreathamRanger

I don't think we played badly today. Got done by a well worked set piece routine. Other than that the defence were pretty solid. I thought Dunne was back towards his best. We took the game to them. We know we don't have the fire power but they moved the ball pretty well today and made southampton really work for the three points. Look how they celebrated the win at the final whistle. They knew they had fought bloody hard to win it.

We didn't play badly today I'm sometimes very critical of our performances If I'm honest.

It's all very frustrating, we're crying out for just one 'run of the mill striker' to play up front but It's been that way for far too long.

Just someone who can move in the box, anticipate, think about what he's doing.

We've seen an Improvement with the new Manager, but honestly we need to get points on the board PDQ.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:57 - Dec 23 with 1943 viewsBoston

Unlike the Sheff Wed game, I'm not pissed off. This was a decent performance against a very good side that we succumbed to by a soft goal, though admittedly, we rode our luck on occasions.
I didn't expect any return from this fixture and, came away with another reminder that we have the capability to claw ourselves away from the drop. More so if we can somehow convince a striker to come to us in January.
I will be pissed off if our performance against Millwall isn't an, 'they don't like it up 'em.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 17:59]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 18:11 - Dec 23 with 1803 viewsNed_Kennedys

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:57 - Dec 23 by Boston

Unlike the Sheff Wed game, I'm not pissed off. This was a decent performance against a very good side that we succumbed to by a soft goal, though admittedly, we rode our luck on occasions.
I didn't expect any return from this fixture and, came away with another reminder that we have the capability to claw ourselves away from the drop. More so if we can somehow convince a striker to come to us in January.
I will be pissed off if our performance against Millwall isn't an, 'they don't like it up 'em.

Southampton were decent but hardly world beaters so why is anyone ok with a defeat?

Defensively we did ok but never really looked like scoring at home again.

A poor result which heaps extra pressure on us for the Millwall and Ipswich matches which will be far tougher than today’s home fixture.
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 18:15 - Dec 23 with 1762 viewsandrew1302

Please everyone remember what we were like a few weeks ago under GA. We are all frustrated that we lost yo a top 4 side which has a positive spin! I sit in the upper loft and Armstrong had 3 chances but was on his heels each time. He may come good but he is no Messiah right now. We need to loan or buy a Nakki Wells type in Jan who simply knows where the goal is. I thought Dykes played well but he isn't a natural goal scorer. Get someone who has some idea and we should be in with a chance.
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 18:16 - Dec 23 with 1745 viewsDamo1962

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:32 - Dec 23 by Ned_Kennedys

This team will only win if Chair and Willock have good games: neither did today.

Dykes needs to stay on for the whole match every game: he’s not made of glass like half the team.
Armstrong and Kelman offered nothing when they came on.

Hopefully we can finally put to bed that Armstrong and Kelman will ever be the answer to our attacking woes - both will be lucky to get a professional career anywhere else. That goes for Dozzell, Kakay and Smyth to a lesser extent.Marti has seen what he has now at his disposal, and hopefully can pull a rabbit out of the hat in the new year. If not...the frustration will continue.Other results have been favourable for us since MC arrived...yet we have failed to take advantage sadly.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 18:20]
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 18:17 - Dec 23 with 1744 viewsStanisgod

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:00 - Dec 23 by QPunkR

Another fkn frustrating result to take. I predicted we’d lose 1-2 and we didn’t make Bazunu work at all but we’ve only lost to Southampton due to a ridiculously amateur fk giveaway by that utter fkwit Dozzell. If that boy isn’t high then he must be fkn simple. And then we just plain haven’t defended it anywhere near competently enough.

The one positive is that other results haven’t gone completely against us, but we desperately need to unearth a striker of some description.

Oh, and Russell Martin is a c*nt, as are all the teams he manages

Agreed, happened right it front of me. Dozzell dallied as usual , got caught, fouled
and then a great delivery from Manning.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 18:25 - Dec 23 with 1681 viewsWesty75

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 17:57 - Dec 23 by Boston

Indeed, stick a Nakhi Wells of a few years ago in this side and we’d be fine.
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 18:29 - Dec 23 with 1627 viewsManinBlack

Sorry io hear that Ted hope you get better soon and 2024 is kinder to us all. Following this bunch of cowards this year has been hell and made me sick, basically of them.

Still I knew what to expect today. A big and noisy away support means our heroes are too afraid to go near the penalty box so we score nil and get zero points. We saw it against Sunderland, Coventry and Plymouth with the loudest away fans producing zero goals for us. The only thing preventing Plymouth winning too was getting a man sent off.

After our mini new manager bounce we are back to not scoring and losing. I don't count the one at Wednesday as they scored it for us. What is a concern is when we start on a non winning run it can go on for sometime. Millwall might not be very good but our track record in London derbies over recent decades has been lamentable.

Looking at the bottom three mirrors the bottom three in the Premiership. The clubs struggling because they don't have the financial means to keep up with the better off clubs. The Championship is now distorted by money, particularly from parachute payments, just like the Premier league. Like I say I am just sick of it. The beautiful game has turned ugly for clubs like us.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 18:32]
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 18:37 - Dec 23 with 1561 viewsThe_Beast1976

Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 18:29 - Dec 23 by ManinBlack

Sorry io hear that Ted hope you get better soon and 2024 is kinder to us all. Following this bunch of cowards this year has been hell and made me sick, basically of them.

Still I knew what to expect today. A big and noisy away support means our heroes are too afraid to go near the penalty box so we score nil and get zero points. We saw it against Sunderland, Coventry and Plymouth with the loudest away fans producing zero goals for us. The only thing preventing Plymouth winning too was getting a man sent off.

After our mini new manager bounce we are back to not scoring and losing. I don't count the one at Wednesday as they scored it for us. What is a concern is when we start on a non winning run it can go on for sometime. Millwall might not be very good but our track record in London derbies over recent decades has been lamentable.

Looking at the bottom three mirrors the bottom three in the Premiership. The clubs struggling because they don't have the financial means to keep up with the better off clubs. The Championship is now distorted by money, particularly from parachute payments, just like the Premier league. Like I say I am just sick of it. The beautiful game has turned ugly for clubs like us.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 18:32]

Your final paragraph is bang on. Money (premiershit money) has wrecked the game as a sport, and it is only going to get worse
Saints V Our Choirboys Match Thread on 18:40 - Dec 23 with 1539 viewsThe_Beast1976

The vwry weak links in the starting 11 are Dozzell and Dykes. The weak links after the starting 11 are all of them!!!

We desperately need a decent striker, and someone much better than Dozzell in midfield
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024