Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woeful away support 10:48 - Jan 3 with 4535 viewsstmichael

Once again at Norwich I had to suffer the whole repertoire of songs from our fan base..
All the classics
- Norwich is a shithole I wanna go home
- You’re fcuking shit you’re fcuking shit
- Westwood is a fcuking clown
- we r the Pompey haters
- football in a library
- when I was just a little boy
- OWTSGMI - in the 70s and 80s this was a rousing anthem now it’s a funeral March we copied from Spurs..

We are going for promotion and this is the best we can do!!
This is not support it’s a total embarrassment.
Numbers wise this is the best I have ever seen in nearly 50 years of going away with Saints.
Substance it is the worst and that is no exaggeration.

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Woeful away support on 11:35 - Jan 3 with 3506 viewsPatfromPoole

It rather pains me to say that if Nick was to do a survey and find out the average age of fans who post on this fine forum, it is probably about 20-25 years higher than the average age of the people who are guilty of the antics you rightly belittle.

The youth of today etc etc, sigh.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Woeful away support on 12:07 - Jan 3 with 3472 viewsWints76

When Norwich equalised, their fans took the piss with a chant of "Do do do, football in a library" as we had chanted it about 30 times by then. What they hadn't taken in to account was Noel Coward and John Lennon putting their creative heads together in our end and countering that with "Do do do, football in a library". Then more songs about Portsmouth. And Norwich being a small town in Ipswich.
Woeful away support on 12:35 - Jan 3 with 3430 viewsfranniesTache

Our away support is hands down the worst i've ever seen in terms of quality, absolute dark fruits drinking inbetweeners weirdos who's idea of atmosphere is god awful Soccer AM "bantz"

Honestly reaching a point now where I'd like the club to offer segregation netting inside the away end so the red lodge crew can be kept in their own bit
Woeful away support on 12:45 - Jan 3 with 3417 viewsPatfromPoole

Woeful away support on 12:35 - Jan 3 by franniesTache

Our away support is hands down the worst i've ever seen in terms of quality, absolute dark fruits drinking inbetweeners weirdos who's idea of atmosphere is god awful Soccer AM "bantz"

Honestly reaching a point now where I'd like the club to offer segregation netting inside the away end so the red lodge crew can be kept in their own bit

There are one or two people we know pretty well, hardened loyal fans, who are now at a point where they have had an absolute gutful of away games.

Who would have thought we would have a situation where our home support is less bad than our away support?

Woeful away support on 12:54 - Jan 3 with 3397 viewsIfonly

I've attended since the 60s. I can't remember the 60s (that's got nothing to do with drugs) but I can remember every decade since and I can't remember any time that the songs weren't moronic. T'was always thus, no?

I've also attended lots of games as a neutral and have to say that you always had a lot more witty chants at some other grounds (sorry to say but Liverpool were the best).
Woeful away support on 12:59 - Jan 3 with 3377 viewsIanSouthstander

Woeful away support on 12:07 - Jan 3 by Wints76

When Norwich equalised, their fans took the piss with a chant of "Do do do, football in a library" as we had chanted it about 30 times by then. What they hadn't taken in to account was Noel Coward and John Lennon putting their creative heads together in our end and countering that with "Do do do, football in a library". Then more songs about Portsmouth. And Norwich being a small town in Ipswich.

To be honest i thought it was funny when Coventry fans sang "We've only had one shot" after their goal.
That should of taught us.
Woeful away support on 13:02 - Jan 3 with 3374 viewsWints76

Woeful away support on 12:54 - Jan 3 by Ifonly

I've attended since the 60s. I can't remember the 60s (that's got nothing to do with drugs) but I can remember every decade since and I can't remember any time that the songs weren't moronic. T'was always thus, no?

I've also attended lots of games as a neutral and have to say that you always had a lot more witty chants at some other grounds (sorry to say but Liverpool were the best).

Yes, there have always been moronic chants (amd.thankfully we have moved on from some elements of that), but the wit you mention at other grounds is missing now

It's almost as if they have to sing certain songs at certain points. 8 mins gone- sing about being a shithole, 12 mins-Pompey in League 1.

Most clubs are the same to be fair (United, Liverpool, Everton will argue otherwise), but some of our lot would get funny looks from the crowd at the darts tonight for being special
Woeful away support on 13:06 - Jan 3 with 3354 viewsfranniesTache

Woeful away support on 13:02 - Jan 3 by Wints76

Yes, there have always been moronic chants (amd.thankfully we have moved on from some elements of that), but the wit you mention at other grounds is missing now

It's almost as if they have to sing certain songs at certain points. 8 mins gone- sing about being a shithole, 12 mins-Pompey in League 1.

Most clubs are the same to be fair (United, Liverpool, Everton will argue otherwise), but some of our lot would get funny looks from the crowd at the darts tonight for being special

I think it's got markedly worse since covid, I also wonder if the lack of a yellow kit makes a difference.

As much as i hated the fact our away support would scream yellows like a child that has suddenly realised they can recognise the name of a colour for the first time it's significantly better than the crap we hear now.

I do actually wonder if there's been some mass bleach drinking challenge on tik tok that i've missed out on, as that at least would explain why most football fans are the kind of people i'd avoid at any cost these days
Login to get fewer ads

Woeful away support on 13:10 - Jan 3 with 3338 viewsPatfromPoole

Maybe we’ve just all got old 😢

Woeful away support on 15:03 - Jan 3 with 3176 viewsmushinexile

Ours were always the best singers in the league before we got old.
Woeful away support on 15:41 - Jan 3 with 3142 viewsgrumpy

Woeful away support on 13:10 - Jan 3 by PatfromPoole

Maybe we’ve just all got old 😢

Go for a drink in Southampton Saturday night,Pat ,you will feel old.
Woeful away support on 15:48 - Jan 3 with 3138 viewsfranniesTache

Woeful away support on 15:41 - Jan 3 by grumpy

Go for a drink in Southampton Saturday night,Pat ,you will feel old.

we drink in the guide dog usually when i look round there I feel like a nipper
Woeful away support on 15:53 - Jan 3 with 3128 viewskingslandstand1

Woeful away support on 15:48 - Jan 3 by franniesTache

we drink in the guide dog usually when i look round there I feel like a nipper

It's called The Guide Dog for a reason ............... we may all need one soon
Woeful away support on 15:57 - Jan 3 with 3125 viewspowpow

Small town mentality constantly mentioning a tin-pot club down the M27, who are no threat (and never have been) to us whatsoever.

Pompey live rent free in these lads heads, it’s like the ultimate praise to continually sing about them! No other club in the land with a vocal support has such an obsession, it’s pathetic, embarrassing, and doesn’t help support our team in any way.
Woeful away support on 17:27 - Jan 3 with 3043 viewsSP4Saint

I went to QPR and stood in the left hand corner lower tier. To say I was embarrassed by our support would be an understatement. I know I'm getting old but I've been home and away for the last 48 years and have stood alongside some pretty loyal and decent fans over the years. The lot in the bottom corner verged on moronic. Abusing the bloke in the large hat in the upper tier of QPR fans (above the disabled section), calling him a wa**er and a pedo, abusing anyone else who dared glance their way, continually singing about f**king Portsmouth and then to top it off the bloke next to me (who had his kids with him) started slagging Manning off when he took a corner in front of us - "You're f***ing sh!t Manning, f**k off". I pointed out to him that he'd be better off supporting him rather than abusing him but I might as well have spoken to a brick wall. I left on 75 minutes as I had had enough. I never thought that going to home games would be more enjoyable than going away but it certainly is these days.
Woeful away support on 17:29 - Jan 3 with 3037 viewsPatfromPoole

Woeful away support on 17:27 - Jan 3 by SP4Saint

I went to QPR and stood in the left hand corner lower tier. To say I was embarrassed by our support would be an understatement. I know I'm getting old but I've been home and away for the last 48 years and have stood alongside some pretty loyal and decent fans over the years. The lot in the bottom corner verged on moronic. Abusing the bloke in the large hat in the upper tier of QPR fans (above the disabled section), calling him a wa**er and a pedo, abusing anyone else who dared glance their way, continually singing about f**king Portsmouth and then to top it off the bloke next to me (who had his kids with him) started slagging Manning off when he took a corner in front of us - "You're f***ing sh!t Manning, f**k off". I pointed out to him that he'd be better off supporting him rather than abusing him but I might as well have spoken to a brick wall. I left on 75 minutes as I had had enough. I never thought that going to home games would be more enjoyable than going away but it certainly is these days.

Before Nick asks, this wasn’t me……

Woeful away support (n/t) on 17:52 - Jan 3 with 3003 viewspowpow

[Post edited 3 Jan 18:01]
Woeful away support on 18:04 - Jan 3 with 2981 viewsgrumpy

Southampton has changed.
The Docks is different to what is once was.
No Fords factory.
Numerous other big employers gone.
Pubs are now mostly looking like bars.
The Character of Southampton has changed and I say that having lived here all my life.
Woeful away support on 19:01 - Jan 3 with 2901 viewsBLEEDRED

Whatever happened to the old classics of the 70's & 80's- You're going to get your F****n head kicked in, you will never make the station, and you're going home in a Hampshire ambulance!
Woeful away support on 19:06 - Jan 3 with 2895 viewsBuggalugs

It’s not just us though as football fan culture has changed pretty much everywhere. Can’t imagine West Ham’s older chaps like being surrounded by plums like this..

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Woeful away support on 19:06 - Jan 3 with 2894 viewscocklebreath

Woeful away support on 19:01 - Jan 3 by BLEEDRED

Whatever happened to the old classics of the 70's & 80's- You're going to get your F****n head kicked in, you will never make the station, and you're going home in a Hampshire ambulance!

Aaaaaampshire🙄

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Woeful away support on 19:33 - Jan 3 with 2858 viewsfelly1

Get a grip grandads!!
Times have changed.
In the good old days... Blah blah blah.
Don't get me wrong the endless Pompey songs are embarrassing.
To the tune of Bowie..
He's our star man.
Running down the right
His name is Walker Peters
And he's fu***ing dynamite.

New classic along with the Aribo song.
New generation boys.
Woeful away support on 19:47 - Jan 3 with 2831 views1ASIN12

Woeful away support on 19:33 - Jan 3 by felly1

Get a grip grandads!!
Times have changed.
To the tune of Bowie..
He's our star man.
Running down the right

New generation boys.

You are right football fans / culture has changed , some for the better some not.

I do wonder in the late 80’s when I started going with my mates if there were 50 and 60 year old fvckers moaning about us. Signing “ here we go , here we go, he we go” , “ you’ll never walk alone” reminding the opposition fans of the score “ One nil, one nil one nil one nil” as if they didn’t know. and then a bit later “1-0 to the southerners”

Part of our problem is we don’t have many songs so the same shit gets sung . I’m sure it was similar in the80’s.

One that bugs me is the amount of fans that sing “ Russel Matins Red army” rather then “Red and White army” .

Mobile phones and social Media have a lot to answer.

At least now you can go to an away game without the fear of getting into a fight . Either in the ground , in the pubs or to and from the station/ coaches.
Woeful away support on 20:01 - Jan 3 with 2818 viewsfranniesTache

Woeful away support on 19:33 - Jan 3 by felly1

Get a grip grandads!!
Times have changed.
To the tune of Bowie..
He's our star man.
Running down the right

New generation boys.

Kind of sums up how sh*t it is that we’re stealing a song from less than two seasons ago and changing one word, then calling it a classic.

The walker peters one to the tune of raspberry beret was right there but no one joined in.

It’s literally impossible to get anything new started, you may as well give them to city fans for our lot to copy if you want it to take off
Woeful away support on 20:50 - Jan 3 with 2764 viewsfelly1

Woeful away support on 20:01 - Jan 3 by franniesTache

Kind of sums up how sh*t it is that we’re stealing a song from less than two seasons ago and changing one word, then calling it a classic.

The walker peters one to the tune of raspberry beret was right there but no one joined in.

It’s literally impossible to get anything new started, you may as well give them to city fans for our lot to copy if you want it to take off

What player did they use the Aribo one for Frannie?

Although I'm an old git like the rest of your good selves , if my memory serves me well I can remember in the mid 80s standing at the back of the Milton in my mid teens thinking I was dead hard singing a load of dopey Pompey songs and as previously mentioned the classic " Your going home in a Hampshire Ambulance"

Moving to the East stand a little later and hearing the older geezers referring to the back of the Milton as the Milton Muppets...nothing really changes that much.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024