Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 things about Sekou Mara 13:57 - Jan 9 with 1302 viewsPatfromPoole

1. A shirt with his name on will be relatively cheap in the Club Shop / Megastore / whatever it is called.

2. He is outstanding in training, particularly in placing cones out on the pitch.

3. He saves the Club a big wedge on the washing bill due to an absence of sweat and mud on his kit.

I feel this truly showcases that I can focus on the positives.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Top 3 things about Sekou Mara on 14:17 - Jan 9 with 1269 viewsSaintNick

You are right Pat, but it also highlights the lack of research you put into your posts.

By your own admission you were in the Saints megastore yesterday, I was there last Thursday and what it was easy to spot is the rows of replica shirts, but none has the names of players on it.

You have to pay the same price for the shirt then pay for whoever's name is being put on it, the only difference in cost is the number of letters for the name.

From this perspective Mara would cost less than any other shirt other than James Bree, so you do have a point.

2. Cones are so 1990's, these days they are little plastic discs, we scrapped the cones after a 3-1 defeat at Staplewood under Ian Branfoot.

3. As above mud is also so 1990's the St Mary's pitch has everything bar mud in it's make up.

Obviously only signing good players who have long names is part of the strategy of Sport Republic, they are only interested in profit so a big signing has to have at least 10 letters, luckily for Saints this seasons two heroes Adam & Stuart Armstrong make that cut as they need their initials added to the 9 letters of their surname.

But look at it a little closely and the good players have at least 10 letters

Harwood-Bellis
Walker Peters
A Armstrong
S Armstrong
Amo - Ameyaw

Look at previous squad
Caleta-car
Elyounoussi
Livramento
Maitland-Niles
Ward-Prowse
Vestergaard
Gabbiadini

All signed with the aim of maximising printing on the back of shirts income SR aren't interested in football just getting their money back

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Top 3 things about Sekou Mara on 17:18 - Jan 9 with 1192 viewskingslandstand1

4. Pat from Poole is not a big fan of his
Top 3 things about Sekou Mara on 17:37 - Jan 9 with 1176 viewsWints76

I've just checked and it is the same price regardless (£16!!). So Harwood Bellis is the best value for money. Bree and Mara are the worst (in regard to shirt cost 😉)
Top 3 things about Sekou Mara on 17:54 - Jan 9 with 1166 viewsyateleysaint

Top 3 things about Sekou Mara on 17:37 - Jan 9 by Wints76

I've just checked and it is the same price regardless (£16!!). So Harwood Bellis is the best value for money. Bree and Mara are the worst (in regard to shirt cost 😉)

£4 per letter FFS!

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

Top 3 things about Sekou Mara on 18:13 - Jan 9 with 1143 viewsMytchettSaint

1; he has more vowels in his name than consonants.

2; Mask a Euro is an anagram you can make from his name.

3; err, he has now scored more goals than Broja ever scored for us (*this needs fact checking as I couldn’t be arsed to do so myself)

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Top 3 things about Sekou Mara on 18:33 - Jan 9 with 1125 viewsfelly1

4. That magical pass against Leeds last season.
Top 3 things about Sekou Mara on 07:11 - Jan 10 with 991 viewsSalisburySaint

Top 3 things about Sekou Mara on 17:18 - Jan 9 by kingslandstand1

4. Pat from Poole is not a big fan of his

Or Manning, or earlier this season Bazuna, before that countless others
Top 3 things about Sekou Mara on 07:56 - Jan 10 with 953 viewsCity_boy

Some of these comments may explain why Ali Dia didn't'last long at Saints or sell many shirts with his name ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024