Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northam Home Fans Only 14:10 - Jan 16 with 13386 viewsdirk_doone

+ Safe standing. Very good news. Surely, no one can object to this.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/stadium-developments-upgrading-mat

I've just seen the other threads about this but it's such good news, it deserves a few.
[Post edited 16 Jan 14:16]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Northam Home Fans Only on 14:00 - Jan 19 with 1551 viewscocklebreath

Anyone have a theory on why the Northam is so poor these days? I used to love it in there, pretty much singing throughout games and everyone joining in now when I look at it it’s a few at the back and it’s full of women and kids.
I know when I stopped going in there about 10 years ago I was starting to get annoyed with the awful songs, red and white barmy army being one, I suppose it’s just full of youngsters singing rubbish songs and the 30/40 somethings who originally made the noise have all left.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Northam Home Fans Only on 14:40 - Jan 19 with 1524 viewsSouthamptonfan

Northam Home Fans Only on 13:15 - Jan 19 by darthvader

I agree with moving away fans to the corner .. i think a few hundred will follow them from where i stand in itchen north as alot just stare at them and wave all game anyway.

But ill transfer to the northam behind the goal and sing and shout for the team . Hopefully we can fill that end and make noise .. the quickfire banter will be lost though.

Im up for the change , i started out in the northam then graduated to the itchen north mainly... apart from free tickets here and there around the stadium from time to time ... But i hated it because i couldn't stand up (in these other areas ). So im up for safe standing in the northam . I back the move of the away fans also , its sickening over the years when oppo scores that end its almost as if their fans sucked the ball in the net ... We need a change especially if we do go up next season
[Post edited 19 Jan 13:37]

I agree with this. When some of the big teams arrive and they are really loud behind the goal roaring on the opposition, it has to be worth a try, putting them in the corner. I also like to stand, but not sure why we.dint just make the whole of the Northam standing rather than just the back rows. Does that mean the lower half of the Northam has to sit?

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Northam Home Fans Only on 14:43 - Jan 19 with 1523 viewsBridders2

Northam Home Fans Only on 12:56 - Jan 19 by Gennaro_Contaldo

It feels like they only need to move two blocks of away fans over (44 and 45) into 1, 2, 3 and 4 (so the away fans don't lose a disabled platform. That's it. A bit of netting between the lesser used boxes at that end, job done. Doesn't really need to be a huge thing, just shifting a block is enough in my view. Then bung in the safe standing in 42, 43, 44. Bosh.

Agree. Shove away fans into the Northam/Itchen corner and let them get blinded/ scorched by the sun, protect or lose the end box and re-jig the access under the stand. The Northam will all be Saints and they'll have a nearby target to point at.

I hate seeing away fans behind our goal.
Northam Home Fans Only on 14:59 - Jan 19 with 1514 viewsSouthamptonfan

Northam Home Fans Only on 14:00 - Jan 19 by cocklebreath

Anyone have a theory on why the Northam is so poor these days? I used to love it in there, pretty much singing throughout games and everyone joining in now when I look at it it’s a few at the back and it’s full of women and kids.
I know when I stopped going in there about 10 years ago I was starting to get annoyed with the awful songs, red and white barmy army being one, I suppose it’s just full of youngsters singing rubbish songs and the 30/40 somethings who originally made the noise have all left.

Yeah, not sure why but can make a few guesses. Many of the "hard nut middled aged plus men" have been almost pushed out, banned for various reasons, don't go because they hate the modern way, they hate being told what they can and can't chant, they hate not being able to pay on the day, they hate VAR, and rightly or wrongly they don't feel they belong amongst vastly increased numbers of women in a football ground perhaps, and therefore a need to be more respectful as women are present. And again rightly or wrongly, they also went for a bit of ruck but there is little chance of any of that now i.e. closing a block.in the Itchen North. So they have either been banned or don't go.

I know one such character, big Saints nut, but just hates the searches at the gate, the digital tickets, the tourists taking pictures, the political messages going round the advertising boards during the game, being told you can't walk through the Northam car park anymore, stewards directing you in a free.country etc etc. He just goes to Eastleigh now.

I agree that the Northam doesn't seem as passionate and as loud as it used to be. My ST isn't in the Northam but it seems flat at times. At four nil up against Wednesday and in second place, I was also appalled to see so many fans leaving on 85 minutes. The passion and intensity has just been sucked out, pushed out (so many rules, health and safety etc) and so many new age lemons.
[Post edited 19 Jan 15:12]

Northam Home Fans Only on 15:05 - Jan 19 with 1499 viewsSouthamptonfan

Northam Home Fans Only on 14:43 - Jan 19 by Bridders2

Agree. Shove away fans into the Northam/Itchen corner and let them get blinded/ scorched by the sun, protect or lose the end box and re-jig the access under the stand. The Northam will all be Saints and they'll have a nearby target to point at.

I hate seeing away fans behind our goal.

Trouble is, the away fans would be right in front of the executive boxes, right next to the directors box, right above the ticket office and there would be a load of away fans right at the front of the stadium, where there will.also be a lot of home fans and VIPS entering the stadium, as its the front. Can you imagine we play Pompey, a load of Pompey fans directly in front of Saints fans in each of the boxes! The objects being thrown in either direction would be like a war zone. The authorities would never allow the away fans to be moved here, for safety and practical reasons. This is why they are being moved to other end. It's the only place they can go.
[Post edited 19 Jan 15:07]

Northam Home Fans Only on 15:13 - Jan 19 with 1471 viewsfranniesTache

Northam Home Fans Only on 14:00 - Jan 19 by cocklebreath

Not sure about others but me and my mates all left for the itchen north pre-covid, also a few "retired" who used to go there and then the social media generation/out of towners seem to have made it their home.

Sadly this season at least the Itchen North has gone the same way, with the exact people we moved to get away from moving there instead.

My guess is it's just the future of football support, and I think it's probably a matter of time before we have god awful "ultras".

You only really need to look at the likes of that out of town public school nipper Saint Rob (who stands in the Northam) to get an idea of where football has gone.

The days of angry men in expensive anoraks, one upmanship and staying ahead of the game are all gone. Instead replaced by singing in the concourse, throwing beer around, waving at away fans and filming each other.
Northam Home Fans Only on 15:50 - Jan 19 with 1426 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Northam Home Fans Only on 15:13 - Jan 19 by franniesTache

Not sure about others but me and my mates all left for the itchen north pre-covid, also a few "retired" who used to go there and then the social media generation/out of towners seem to have made it their home.

Sadly this season at least the Itchen North has gone the same way, with the exact people we moved to get away from moving there instead.

My guess is it's just the future of football support, and I think it's probably a matter of time before we have god awful "ultras".

You only really need to look at the likes of that out of town public school nipper Saint Rob (who stands in the Northam) to get an idea of where football has gone.

The days of angry men in expensive anoraks, one upmanship and staying ahead of the game are all gone. Instead replaced by singing in the concourse, throwing beer around, waving at away fans and filming each other.

Yeah spot on - Love Island, tiktok social media helmets filming themselves, forced limbs and forced beer throwing. Being a "hooligan" by singing on the concourse.

I've really enjoyed the family stand this year, genuinely. I've watched football, enjoyed football and not been surrounded by bellends.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Northam Home Fans Only on 17:03 - Jan 19 with 1378 viewsfranniesTache

Northam Home Fans Only on 15:50 - Jan 19 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Yeah spot on - Love Island, tiktok social media helmets filming themselves, forced limbs and forced beer throwing. Being a "hooligan" by singing on the concourse.

I've really enjoyed the family stand this year, genuinely. I've watched football, enjoyed football and not been surrounded by bellends.

yup we've been exactly the same, moved to block three from block 1/2 and just had a laugh as a group of mates, actually made the football more enjoyable.
Login to get fewer ads

Northam Home Fans Only on 17:14 - Jan 19 with 1356 viewsgrumpy

Northam Home Fans Only on 17:03 - Jan 19 by franniesTache

yup we've been exactly the same, moved to block three from block 1/2 and just had a laugh as a group of mates, actually made the football more enjoyable.

Bring back the pay on the turnstiles,and terraces.Less trouble finding your mates in those days.
Northam Home Fans Only on 18:09 - Jan 19 with 1320 viewsUTS1885

Northam Home Fans Only on 15:13 - Jan 19 by franniesTache

In the northam to start from day 1 and lasted about four or five seasons and then about 2006 went to block 2 that lasted several seasons. When i do go now its all over the place but none of those areas.

Blocks 1 to 4 sounds like its going to be the family section.,
Northam Home Fans Only on 08:31 - Jan 20 with 1178 viewscocklebreath

Northam Home Fans Only on 15:50 - Jan 19 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I’ve tried all over the ground with my son, block 3 near the front was funny as he was sat next to a furry, which was a girl who wanted to be a cat, she had a tail and big ears, sat on floor not seat and kept biting her dad. Behind us 2 old boys
who had ear defenders on and were effing and blinding the whole match.
Block 15 near the back was awful with a screechy bird who kept singing Charlie Charlie Charlie Alcarez on her own.
Kingsland/Northam corner was okay less weirdos and he got to see his first fight at a match against Newcastle in the semi final last season, he found that fun.
I think I’ve got to accept that football has changed and people want to go so they can look at there phones and leave on 90 minutes to beat the traffic, saddens me to hear even away games are getting like this.

Northam Home Fans Only on 10:21 - Jan 20 with 1125 viewsfranniesTache

Northam Home Fans Only on 08:31 - Jan 20 by cocklebreath

I’ve tried all over the ground with my son, block 3 near the front was funny as he was sat next to a furry, which was a girl who wanted to be a cat, she had a tail and big ears, sat on floor not seat and kept biting her dad. Behind us 2 old boys
who had ear defenders on and were effing and blinding the whole match.
Block 15 near the back was awful with a screechy bird who kept singing Charlie Charlie Charlie Alcarez on her own.
Kingsland/Northam corner was okay less weirdos and he got to see his first fight at a match against Newcastle in the semi final last season, he found that fun.
I think I’ve got to accept that football has changed and people want to go so they can look at there phones and leave on 90 minutes to beat the traffic, saddens me to hear even away games are getting like this.

Fellas with ear defenders in block three were probably blind. The Southampton society for the blind has seats there and the club provides them with headphones that do radio commentary
Northam Home Fans Only on 11:39 - Jan 20 with 1083 viewscocklebreath

Northam Home Fans Only on 10:21 - Jan 20 by franniesTache

Fellas with ear defenders in block three were probably blind. The Southampton society for the blind has seats there and the club provides them with headphones that do radio commentary

Right that’ll explain, no offence intended

Northam Home Fans Only on 19:00 - Jan 22 with 889 viewsUTS1885

Umm

https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/news/former-dyson-president-joins-manchester-bab

https://www.aibytech.com/
[Post edited 22 Jan 19:01]
Northam Home Fans Only on 21:35 - Jan 22 with 832 viewsdjsaint

Check date of story!
Northam Home Fans Only on 13:44 - Jan 23 with 712 viewsUTS1885

In less than one month he had dumped the prams and joined us.
[Post edited 23 Jan 13:46]
Northam Home Fans Only on 16:51 - Jan 23 with 651 viewsSaintNick

Northam Home Fans Only on 13:44 - Jan 23 by UTS1885

In less than one month he had dumped the prams and joined us.
[Post edited 23 Jan 13:46]

According to his linkedin profile he is still Chairman of Aibytech, but it is in a part time capacity whilst he is the full time SFC CEO, it is not uncommon for senior management staff to hold a couple of positions, being Chairman is not necessarily a full time position, it is an advisory and overseeing capacity.

Our view of it is skewed from when Rupert Lowe arrived, he became both CEO & Chairman, as did Cortese, but before that previous Chairmen had still had their own business's as did Michael Wilde & Leon Crouch when they were Chairmen.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Northam Home Fans Only on 18:55 - Jan 23 with 593 viewsChesham_Saint

Northam Home Fans Only on 16:51 - Jan 23 by SaintNick

According to his linkedin profile he is still Chairman of Aibytech, but it is in a part time capacity whilst he is the full time SFC CEO, it is not uncommon for senior management staff to hold a couple of positions, being Chairman is not necessarily a full time position, it is an advisory and overseeing capacity.

Our view of it is skewed from when Rupert Lowe arrived, he became both CEO & Chairman, as did Cortese, but before that previous Chairmen had still had their own business's as did Michael Wilde & Leon Crouch when they were Chairmen.

I agree Nick and as you will know, simultaneously holding the role of Chairman and CEO is very poor corporate governance and for any serious company, more than a little bit Hillbilly…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024