Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread vs the M team 07:08 - Jan 19 with 40183 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Never started one before, so we have never lost yet when I’ve started one. Hoops 2 Lion Cubs 1. Saw a lot on Sunday to think we can nick this. Going with heart and head. I think. Perhaps. Maybe. Possibly.

DonnieR

Match Thread vs the M team on 17:20 - Jan 20 with 2941 viewsFDC

My mistake, got the GDs wrong way round.

What an enormous weekend that is going to be
Match Thread vs the M team on 17:20 - Jan 20 with 2929 viewsloftus77

Wow - a win and a deserved one. Strange feeling tonight - well done lads.

Next Sunday afternoon - a big one. The Big One.
Match Thread vs the M team on 17:22 - Jan 20 with 2868 viewsderbyhoop

1 game at a time. And drama will end when 46 played.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Match Thread vs the M team on 17:28 - Jan 20 with 2737 viewsBklynRanger

Millwall were utter, utter toilet but that hasn't stopped us losing before.

So a good win. You R's.
Match Thread vs the M team on 17:33 - Jan 20 with 2617 viewsCopenhagenRs

Match Thread vs the M team on 16:49 - Jan 20 by Gloucs_R

Think I've just scarred the dogs for life with my celebrating

Ha ha - same happened here. My black cat (not called Jude though) was sitting at the open window and got so scared that it fell out of the window at the 2-0 goal. Me and my son screamed that loud :-)
Match Thread vs the M team on 17:33 - Jan 20 with 2604 viewsSherryHoop

You know what.... I'm really happy Marti got that performance and result from the team and got to experience Loftus Road rocking in a London derby.
Match Thread vs the M team on 17:35 - Jan 20 with 2562 viewsQPROslo

Phew! Really shaky start but we settled and started to play after about 20 minutes. I remained definitely shaky until Armstrong put away that fumble by their Keeper. As the QPR+ commentator said survival is in our hands again. But our Bench today and the Squad looks extremely thin to me.
Match Thread vs the M team on 17:36 - Jan 20 with 2528 viewsDeanoMD

Well deserved and great to see.

Everyone played a part but Cook MOTM for me especially for telling the Pikey fans to shush.....

UR's.......
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread vs the M team on 17:39 - Jan 20 with 2462 viewsqueensparker

Thawing out in the boozer.

Said it after Watford but Dykes is so much better in that position. Put in some great tackles today, won loads in the air, was generally a nuisance and affected the game way more than trotting around up front. Plus great ball to Willock to set up the goal

All round we were so much dirtier and nastier to the second ball. Haven’t seen that for a while. Colback, Chair, Field, Cook, JCS all snapping in and putting in great tackles and fouls when needed. No coincidence Dozzell is off IMO

Looks like we’re also starting to realise if we hoof the ball in behind Armstrong will generally win it, Sir Les style. Only took half the season.

Lovely to see the Millwall end empty and silent on 90 mins

Come on Rangers
[Post edited 20 Jan 17:40]
Match Thread vs the M team on 17:41 - Jan 20 with 2425 viewsmart_Goblin

Milllwall were shite weren't they but that's never stopped us losing those game before.
Really impressed with the spine of the team today .
2 CB's and the 2 CM's were very very good . Colback Man of the match . Big critic of him but he read the game brilliantly. Dykes much much better too .
Cook and JCS barely put a foot wrong .

Must capitalise next week now.

Well done Rangers .Long way to go but one step at a time .
Great performance today
Match Thread vs the M team on 17:42 - Jan 20 with 2384 viewsVancouverHoop

Wow! and Phew! (not necessarily in that order.)

That was good. Not just flukely good either. As Andy Sinton noted both goals were scored from a yard or two out. We're not just reliant on 30+ yard worldies from Chair or Willock. We're attacking the goal area in numbers, if Sinc hadn't scored the second then Uncle, right behind him, would have. More next week please!
Match Thread vs the M team on 17:43 - Jan 20 with 2373 viewstraininvain

No coincidence to see a clean sheet with Cook and JCS as centre backs. Let’s hope they can stay fit.
Match Thread vs the M team on 17:43 - Jan 20 with 2359 viewsQPROslo

Match Thread vs the M team on 15:59 - Jan 20 by Burnleyhoop

Anyone missing Dozzell yet?

Yes.
Match Thread vs the M team on 17:48 - Jan 20 with 2290 viewsBedford_R

Well, that was an exciting watch. It's in our own hands now. If we beat Huddersfield next week we to get out of the bottom three. Big IF as long term QPR supporters know we never do it the easy way.....

It's the hope that kills you.....

RMH_R Reborn

Match Thread vs the M team on 17:58 - Jan 20 with 2151 viewsMatch82

Match Thread vs the M team on 17:42 - Jan 20 by VancouverHoop

Wow! and Phew! (not necessarily in that order.)

That was good. Not just flukely good either. As Andy Sinton noted both goals were scored from a yard or two out. We're not just reliant on 30+ yard worldies from Chair or Willock. We're attacking the goal area in numbers, if Sinc hadn't scored the second then Uncle, right behind him, would have. More next week please!

Not a worldie but in one way that is a more encouraging goal for Sinclair than the one v Bournemouth, it showed a real strikers instinct to react quicker and bully his defender out of the way to get the rebound. That's been lacking and if he can find that, along with some composure in his finishing then my God we have a player on our hands here.
Match Thread vs the M team on 18:05 - Jan 20 with 2052 viewsAntti_Heinola

It’s amazing. I’d argue last week we played better football, created way more chances, and lost. This week was poor, we played worse if anything, but won!
However, as others have said the Cook-Salter-Colback-Field axis was v good today. As Clive said weeks ago, get that back 4 out there every week and it makes a big difference. Salter plays much better next to Cook as well.

Bare bones.

Match Thread vs the M team on 18:07 - Jan 20 with 2024 viewsManinBlack

Match Thread vs the M team on 17:48 - Jan 20 by Bedford_R

Well, that was an exciting watch. It's in our own hands now. If we beat Huddersfield next week we to get out of the bottom three. Big IF as long term QPR supporters know we never do it the easy way.....

It's the hope that kills you.....

Indeed I do. This team finds it extremely difficult to win two in a row. As you say a big IF as Huddersfield are a jinx side for us, we have just one miserable 1-0 win over them in the last 12 meetings. I seem to recall them on a terrible run of defeats last season when they last came to our place and they returned home with a 2-1 win. The team need to treat them as if playing Leicester or else we could come unstuck.

For now we can enjoy the revenge win over Millwall today for a whole week...
Match Thread vs the M team on 18:10 - Jan 20 with 1971 viewsngbqpr

Match Thread vs the M team on 17:58 - Jan 20 by Match82

Not a worldie but in one way that is a more encouraging goal for Sinclair than the one v Bournemouth, it showed a real strikers instinct to react quicker and bully his defender out of the way to get the rebound. That's been lacking and if he can find that, along with some composure in his finishing then my God we have a player on our hands here.

Exactly - the opposite of that one he missed at Huddersfield when he just didn't react

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Match Thread vs the M team on 18:18 - Jan 20 with 1875 viewsstevec

Match Thread vs the M team on 18:05 - Jan 20 by Antti_Heinola

It’s amazing. I’d argue last week we played better football, created way more chances, and lost. This week was poor, we played worse if anything, but won!
However, as others have said the Cook-Salter-Colback-Field axis was v good today. As Clive said weeks ago, get that back 4 out there every week and it makes a big difference. Salter plays much better next to Cook as well.

Physically competed right across the park today, virtually a first this season. Makes a massive difference in these sort of games.

Not getting too excited though, Millwall were as bad as any team I’ve seen, seemed like they didn’t want to be the only London team in the Championship next year.
Match Thread vs the M team on 18:34 - Jan 20 with 1750 viewskensalriser

Wall rocked.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Match Thread vs the M team on 18:36 - Jan 20 with 1727 viewsHunterhoop

Match Thread vs the M team on 17:41 - Jan 20 by mart_Goblin

Milllwall were shite weren't they but that's never stopped us losing those game before.
Really impressed with the spine of the team today .
2 CB's and the 2 CM's were very very good . Colback Man of the match . Big critic of him but he read the game brilliantly. Dykes much much better too .
Cook and JCS barely put a foot wrong .

Must capitalise next week now.

Well done Rangers .Long way to go but one step at a time .
Great performance today

Exactly.

Cook JCS
Colback Field
Dykes
Armstrong

Our best players today. Get that centre half pairing and central midfield pairing our regularly, we won’t lose many.

Cook MoTM for me because he was faultless at centre half. His mere presence lifted everyone around him. He is a standard setter.
Match Thread vs the M team on 18:41 - Jan 20 with 1657 viewsMedwayR

Match Thread vs the M team on 17:58 - Jan 20 by Match82

He was also following up on Chair's goal, encouraging.

Poll: Who’s better?

Match Thread vs the M team on 19:02 - Jan 20 with 1538 viewsrbee

Great win today brought about by sheer hard work and persistence.. Experienced players like Cook and Colback steering the team.

I think the key now is going to be avoiding injuries and suspensions. Only four more midweek games left but we do have five games in fifteen days around Easter time.
Match Thread vs the M team on 19:25 - Jan 20 with 1407 viewsjoe90

Wow, I did not see that coming. We actually played well and deserved to win! Millwall were very poor, worst team I’ve seen at home this season.

Colback was my MOM.

Next Sunday is the big one!
Match Thread vs the M team on 19:37 - Jan 20 with 1331 viewsHoopinEssex

Didn't see the game today. What a result.

Were we worth the win?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024