Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pochettino (n/t) 15:50 - Feb 4 with 1388 viewsgrumpy

Must be coming under some pressure now,losing 4-1 at home to Wolves.
[Post edited 4 Feb 15:54]
Pochettino (n/t) on 16:47 - Feb 4 with 1321 viewsInTimeAddedOn

That defeat means Chelsea just slip into the bottom half of the table with a -1 GD and 14 points adrift of a CL top four berth. With their expenditure they must surely be nailed on for an FFP points deduction? I would reckon they’d need CL income to have any chance of balancing the books. If they sack Potch will they will be paying three ex-Managers? I’d say Tuchel and Potter for sure. It’s all very well Uncle Todd riding into town with his saddle bags full of money but not for the first time an impulsive owner with more money than sense, or more to the point, knowledge of football, has come unstuck. How on earth do they resolve this mess? Trying to be clever, to circumvent FFP regs they have some players on 8 and even 10 year contracts who aren’t pulling up any trees for the cause and who will be difficult to move on. Could be difficult times ahead.
Pochettino (n/t) on 19:13 - Feb 4 with 1221 viewsHeisenberg

Pochettino (n/t) on 16:47 - Feb 4 by InTimeAddedOn

That defeat means Chelsea just slip into the bottom half of the table with a -1 GD and 14 points adrift of a CL top four berth. With their expenditure they must surely be nailed on for an FFP points deduction? I would reckon they’d need CL income to have any chance of balancing the books. If they sack Potch will they will be paying three ex-Managers? I’d say Tuchel and Potter for sure. It’s all very well Uncle Todd riding into town with his saddle bags full of money but not for the first time an impulsive owner with more money than sense, or more to the point, knowledge of football, has come unstuck. How on earth do they resolve this mess? Trying to be clever, to circumvent FFP regs they have some players on 8 and even 10 year contracts who aren’t pulling up any trees for the cause and who will be difficult to move on. Could be difficult times ahead.

Horrible club with horrible fans. I hope they get deducted loads of points and get relegated.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Pochettino (n/t) on 19:30 - Feb 4 with 1203 viewsSouthamptonfan

Is it always the managers fault? We all know Poch is a great manager. Love it though when big clubs like that fail. Their fans must be so upset.
[Post edited 4 Feb 19:41]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Pochettino (n/t) on 19:44 - Feb 4 with 1177 viewsLondonSaint76

Pochettino (n/t) on 19:13 - Feb 4 by Heisenberg

Horrible club with horrible fans. I hope they get deducted loads of points and get relegated.

Brentford, Fulham & Chelsea are the three PL clubs closest to where I live so I am surrounded by their supporters. Have to agree that most of the Chelsea fans are thoroughly obnoxious, their sense of entitlement and sheer arrogance is unbelievable.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Pochettino (n/t) on 08:05 - Feb 5 with 1001 viewskingslandstand1

Pochettino (n/t) on 19:44 - Feb 4 by LondonSaint76

Brentford, Fulham & Chelsea are the three PL clubs closest to where I live so I am surrounded by their supporters. Have to agree that most of the Chelsea fans are thoroughly obnoxious, their sense of entitlement and sheer arrogance is unbelievable.

I'd probably suggest the "Where were you when you were sh1t" chant might well be quite apt as well?
Pochettino (n/t) on 17:16 - Feb 6 with 743 viewsGRIM

Pochettino (n/t) on 16:47 - Feb 4 by InTimeAddedOn

Why would you bother "pulling any trees" when you've got 8 - 10 year contract.
That's the problem, the incentive is to fail for both players & managers.
Pochettino (n/t) on 18:57 - Feb 6 with 663 viewskernow

Pochettino (n/t) on 19:13 - Feb 4 by Heisenberg

Yes. 👍
Pochettino (n/t) on 19:49 - Feb 6 with 637 viewsLondonSaint76

Pochettino (n/t) on 17:16 - Feb 6 by GRIM

Why would you bother "pulling any trees" when you've got 8 - 10 year contract.
That's the problem, the incentive is to fail for both players & managers.

Very good point GRIM, why indeed? Chelsea thought they were being really clever by circumventing the FFP regs by putting players on these ultra long contracts because for FFP purposes if you have an £88m player on a 10 year contract you are allowed to divide the fee by 10 and show £8.8m per year over the 10 years of the contract in each set of annual accounts. Turns out it is far from clever, first of all, UEFA or FIFA have now put a stop to this, I think the maximum amortisation period is now 4 or 5 seasons. Secondly, 100% agree, why bother? It’s not like you have to put a shift in to earn a contract extension! Reading today that Chelsea are worried if they sack Potch (and you can imagine Uncle Todd getting itchy palms already) the compensation payable to Potch and his coaching staff could push them over the edge of the FFP cliff. In trying to be smarter than the rest I think they have ended up in a right mess.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Login to get fewer ads

Pochettino (n/t) on 16:16 - Feb 7 with 503 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Pochettino (n/t) on 19:49 - Feb 6 by LondonSaint76

Very good point GRIM, why indeed? Chelsea thought they were being really clever by circumventing the FFP regs by putting players on these ultra long contracts because for FFP purposes if you have an £88m player on a 10 year contract you are allowed to divide the fee by 10 and show £8.8m per year over the 10 years of the contract in each set of annual accounts. Turns out it is far from clever, first of all, UEFA or FIFA have now put a stop to this, I think the maximum amortisation period is now 4 or 5 seasons. Secondly, 100% agree, why bother? It’s not like you have to put a shift in to earn a contract extension! Reading today that Chelsea are worried if they sack Potch (and you can imagine Uncle Todd getting itchy palms already) the compensation payable to Potch and his coaching staff could push them over the edge of the FFP cliff. In trying to be smarter than the rest I think they have ended up in a right mess.

Chelsea have a transfer shortfall of about £600m when comparing player acquisitions to sales since TB arrived and started splashing to cash. I could not understand how Chelsea have not breached FFP but if they can drip feed the transfer fees into the accounts over the whole period of the ultra long contracts that would explain it. From what you have said, even so, it sounds like they are close to the edge so it will be interesting to see what happens if they do go into FFP breach mode. If Everton get -10 points when there were mitigating circumstances then what will Chelsea get when they have no mitigation?
GRIM and you are both spot on re the long contracts, the players need not bother, they are earning a fortune for up to a decade regardless. Have to say I think it really shows in some cases!
[Post edited 7 Feb 16:20]
Pochettino (n/t) on 18:22 - Feb 7 with 427 viewsGRIM

Pochettino (n/t) on 16:16 - Feb 7 by InTimeAddedOn

Chelsea have a transfer shortfall of about £600m when comparing player acquisitions to sales since TB arrived and started splashing to cash. I could not understand how Chelsea have not breached FFP but if they can drip feed the transfer fees into the accounts over the whole period of the ultra long contracts that would explain it. From what you have said, even so, it sounds like they are close to the edge so it will be interesting to see what happens if they do go into FFP breach mode. If Everton get -10 points when there were mitigating circumstances then what will Chelsea get when they have no mitigation?
GRIM and you are both spot on re the long contracts, the players need not bother, they are earning a fortune for up to a decade regardless. Have to say I think it really shows in some cases!
[Post edited 7 Feb 16:20]

Same applies to Managers who know that if they get sacked they continue to pick a very large salary until end of contract, plus they know that they will walk into another well paid job within just a few weeks.
I've never worked out if they have to forfeit their previous guaranteed salary if they take up a new job.
Does anyone know the answer to this.
One thing is for sure that they are very, very privileged, what other occupation would offer such security.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024