Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things From Rotherham 11:01 - Feb 5 with 1392 viewsSaintNick

1. The ground looks a lot bigger from the outside than it does the inside and is very near to the town centre and a few pubs.

2. The old ground is still there, apparently it can't be used to build houses on so hasnn't been knocked down.

3. It was funny at the train station afterwards, both platforms were full of Saints fans, some going to Doncaster for the train to London and the others going the other way to Sheffield for their train.

4. The support up there was very good from the right side of the away end, but not so good from the left side, as you will know if you were there, still too many songs about Pompey though

5. Their support was quiet, we had about 25% of the total crowd there and by the end probably about 60% of those left in the stadium

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things From Rotherham on 16:18 - Feb 5 with 1201 viewsTimSaint

Did anyone see the bloke who recently had his 'now famous' Rotherham hat restored to it's former glory on the BBC's Repair Shop programme ?

The guy I went up with asked a couple of locals about it, but they didn't know who he was, although the local rag had done a feature about him.

TimSaint

5 Things From Rotherham on 17:30 - Feb 5 with 1127 viewsSalisburySaint

3. Mate of ours who was staying in Sheffield, got very confused and ended up in Donny after the game due to following my son and others who were getting train back to Kings Cross, but made it safely back to Sheffield in time for our curry

4. Was right behind the goal around 10 rows back, absolutely brilliant view as stand was so steep. As you say right side made more noise, but thought there was a significant reduction in anti pompey songs, as was the case at Watford last week
5 Things From Rotherham on 19:24 - Feb 5 with 1042 viewsericofarabia

I've been waiting for the Official 5 Things from Rotherham thread to appear πŸ˜‰
1/ Great to be able to get to the ground from the pub in about 10/15 minutes! Ground seems at odds the the derelict burnt out buildings next to it on the way from town! Boy those steps were steep but ensured even a short ar5e like me had an unobstructed viewπŸ‘
2/Didn't notice the old ground! but looks bizarre from the Reytons video on another thread!
3/ I stayed in Rotherham till 1945 (was catching 1845 but got seduced into The Bridge by loud music and lots of Goth Birds πŸ˜‰. Had to change at Meadow Hall and there was a looney on the platform shouting at lamp posts and anybody who dared walk past him!
4/ Very good support, early goal always helps! Not many library songs but plenty of Shed songs. Can somebody provide the Stuey lyrics ... I clapped along and mimed πŸ™„
5/ They did seem to accept their fate once the 1st goal went in. What was Bachelor Boy thing about? I must admit to seeing a lot of girls who obviously give the salad bar a swerve πŸ€”
All in all another enjoyable day in another unglamorous northern town.
5 Things From Rotherham on 20:02 - Feb 5 with 994 viewsBLEEDRED

5 Things From Rotherham on 19:24 - Feb 5 by ericofarabia

I've been waiting for the Official 5 Things from Rotherham thread to appear πŸ˜‰
1/ Great to be able to get to the ground from the pub in about 10/15 minutes! Ground seems at odds the the derelict burnt out buildings next to it on the way from town! Boy those steps were steep but ensured even a short ar5e like me had an unobstructed viewπŸ‘
2/Didn't notice the old ground! but looks bizarre from the Reytons video on another thread!
3/ I stayed in Rotherham till 1945 (was catching 1845 but got seduced into The Bridge by loud music and lots of Goth Birds πŸ˜‰. Had to change at Meadow Hall and there was a looney on the platform shouting at lamp posts and anybody who dared walk past him!
4/ Very good support, early goal always helps! Not many library songs but plenty of Shed songs. Can somebody provide the Stuey lyrics ... I clapped along and mimed πŸ™„
5/ They did seem to accept their fate once the 1st goal went in. What was Bachelor Boy thing about? I must admit to seeing a lot of girls who obviously give the salad bar a swerve πŸ€”

5/ Yes, the Bachelor boy thing was weird. Apparently it was chosen in a fan poll to be the new club song, and Saturday was the first time it was played.
5 Things From Rotherham on 21:53 - Feb 5 with 910 viewshedgeend61

1, Was that the main Rotherham town centre just up the road from the ground? Thought it was more of a Bitterne/Portswood dive outskirt area of the town.
Desolate, empty/burnt out shops. McDonalds seemed to be the only place you could get anything to eat, most would rather go hungry than eat that or Greggs tat.

4, Support was decent considering game was over by half time and supporters couldn't bounce back off the silent home fans, think their resigned to relegation.

Did anyone use the Sam Miguel dispensing machine on right hand side of concourse?
Cool, no queues, and the young girl supervising with the Saints stickers on her uniform prior ko, and still had them there at HT, her colleagues kept stum.

Annoying, I was sat just above corner flag, fans on both sides whistling/pointing/ref/lino when the ball is a few millimetres outside the quadrant for a corner.
Lads, it makes not the slightest difference, still have to defend it properly if it's taken a foot outside, get a life lads.
5 Things From Rotherham on 22:56 - Feb 5 with 859 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things From Rotherham on 21:53 - Feb 5 by hedgeend61

1, Was that the main Rotherham town centre just up the road from the ground? Thought it was more of a Bitterne/Portswood dive outskirt area of the town.
Desolate, empty/burnt out shops. McDonalds seemed to be the only place you could get anything to eat, most would rather go hungry than eat that or Greggs tat.

4, Support was decent considering game was over by half time and supporters couldn't bounce back off the silent home fans, think their resigned to relegation.

Did anyone use the Sam Miguel dispensing machine on right hand side of concourse?
Cool, no queues, and the young girl supervising with the Saints stickers on her uniform prior ko, and still had them there at HT, her colleagues kept stum.

Annoying, I was sat just above corner flag, fans on both sides whistling/pointing/ref/lino when the ball is a few millimetres outside the quadrant for a corner.
Lads, it makes not the slightest difference, still have to defend it properly if it's taken a foot outside, get a life lads.

Not sure you can say portswood is on the outskirts of Southampton, it’s only a 15min walk to the center and only about a mile from st Mary’s
5 Things From Rotherham on 00:00 - Feb 6 with 816 viewsTimSaint

5 Things From Rotherham on 19:24 - Feb 5 by ericofarabia

Here you go Eric.

To the tune of OMD's Enola Gay.

Oh Martin Said
We're gonna play him in Centre Mid
Oh words just can't describe
When I see him in the red and white
His hair is fine
He scores belters all the time
And that's why we sing this song
For Stuart Armstrong

We pinched it from Celtic, so a bit surprised it hasn't surfaced earlier, as Stuey joined us in the summer of 2018. I also think his current contract is up at the end of this season ?

TimSaint

5 Things From Rotherham on 09:30 - Feb 6 with 705 viewsericofarabia

5 Things From Rotherham on 00:00 - Feb 6 by TimSaint

Here you go Eric.

Oh Martin Said
His hair is fine
For Stuart Armstrong

We pinched it from Celtic, so a bit surprised it hasn't surfaced earlier, as Stuey joined us in the summer of 2018. I also think his current contract is up at the end of this season ?

Cheers. Just had a practice and struggled to make it flow, but will at least have some sort of idea for my next game at Brum, or whisper it gently, Anfield πŸ˜‰
Login to get fewer ads

5 Things From Rotherham on 10:36 - Feb 6 with 654 viewsWints76

Saints have been trying to get the song going for over 5 years. Pat, there's still hope for your Talking Heads song

5 Things From Rotherham on 12:19 - Feb 6 with 593 viewsPatfromPoole

5 Things From Rotherham on 10:36 - Feb 6 by Wints76

Saints have been trying to get the song going for over 5 years. Pat, there's still hope for your Talking Heads song

That might need Perraud back to displace Manning.

Not going to happen with the current regime.

Just an observation, not a rant πŸ˜‰

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

5 Things From Rotherham on 12:22 - Feb 6 with 585 viewsPatfromPoole

5 Things From Rotherham on 00:00 - Feb 6 by TimSaint

Here you go Eric.

Oh Martin Said
His hair is fine
For Stuart Armstrong

Must have been sung about 15 times at Rotherham…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

5 Things From Rotherham on 12:43 - Feb 6 with 548 viewsSaintNick

5 Things From Rotherham on 12:19 - Feb 6 by PatfromPoole

That might need Perraud back to displace Manning.

Not going to happen with the current regime.

Just an observation, not a rant πŸ˜‰

Surprised that Saints didn't recall him in january, he is yet to start a game for Nice this season, he has played 13 games as sub for a total of 150 minutes, been an unused sub 3 times and not in the squad for the other game of the 17 games he could have played.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things From Rotherham on 12:47 - Feb 6 with 538 viewsTimSaint

5 Things From Rotherham on 12:43 - Feb 6 by SaintNick

Surprised that Saints didn't recall him in january, he is yet to start a game for Nice this season, he has played 13 games as sub for a total of 150 minutes, been an unused sub 3 times and not in the squad for the other game of the 17 games he could have played.

Ideal as CB cover, as per the Gillingham cup game !!

TimSaint

5 Things From Rotherham on 12:56 - Feb 6 with 530 viewsTimSaint

5 Things From Rotherham on 12:22 - Feb 6 by PatfromPoole

Must have been sung about 15 times at Rotherham…..

Once if got going, it did seem to be on a bit of a continuous play loop.

He was taking the corners right in front of our fans and playing well in general, so no real surprise it was popular. Plus it meant less Skate, Shed and Library songs, so all good.

The 'David Brooks Brooks Brooks' song needs an alternative, as I think he will shine for us. Brooks will tear you apart ? :-)

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024