Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread 13:18 - Feb 13 with 3649 viewsSaintNick

Here we go again can we keep up the pressure at the top

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 23:18 - Feb 13 with 1087 viewssaint22

once a gain shocking stats 4 on target from 16 efforts is not good enough
does make you wonder if we do shooting practise
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 23:55 - Feb 13 with 1003 viewssaint22

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 21:43 - Feb 13 by BLEEDRED

Win against lower half teams, lose/draw against top half teams, beaten by a better team

This sums it up from Sky report

The visitors could have no complaints after failing to find a finish to match some slick passing moves.

I have said it before but we need to raise our finishing massively, our shots on target stats are very poor, we need to bring a finishing coach in
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 00:04 - Feb 14 with 996 viewsdarthvader

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 23:55 - Feb 13 by saint22

This sums it up from Sky report

The visitors could have no complaints after failing to find a finish to match some slick passing moves.

I have said it before but we need to raise our finishing massively, our shots on target stats are very poor, we need to bring a finishing coach in

We are weak to the counter attack .

keep the faith coyr

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 00:51 - Feb 14 with 969 viewsSFC_Referee

We’ll just gotten back and having a look at the highlights, am a little peed off as it does look like their lad that got the cross in was offside for their first goal. Although I’d also be interested to see that nudge in the back again, when either Edozie or AA was through on goal early in the first half, as from the stands that also looked like a foul.
But still, the teams that finish high shouldn’t be relying on officials in the first place

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 06:38 - Feb 14 with 837 viewsMrangry25

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 21:49 - Feb 13 by GRIM

WHO ? ?.

Meant to put Smallbone down,
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 07:38 - Feb 14 with 773 viewscocklebreath

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 00:51 - Feb 14 by SFC_Referee

We’ll just gotten back and having a look at the highlights, am a little peed off as it does look like their lad that got the cross in was offside for their first goal. Although I’d also be interested to see that nudge in the back again, when either Edozie or AA was through on goal early in the first half, as from the stands that also looked like a foul.
But still, the teams that finish high shouldn’t be relying on officials in the first place

Wasn’t off, Smallbone got the touch onto their player

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 07:49 - Feb 14 with 771 viewsgrumpy

We missed Downes last night,he gives us some bite in midfield.
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 08:46 - Feb 14 with 703 viewsGRIM

Very rarely that all players have an off day.
But can't name one player that performed with any credit last night. Some were worse than others (Charles / Manning) but no one did their job last night.
What's worrying is that we were like that in 1st half against Huddersfield.
Last night we slipped back to playing very slowly, absolutely no tempo or fluency to our game.
I thought perhaps fatigue had set in after all these games but noticed that Bristol City have had a similar number of games in a short period & they didn't look tired, they were fired up & quite impressive.
Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 09:10 - Feb 14 with 671 viewsgrumpy

I was wrong about Martin,he has done far better than I first thought but do I think this team will get promoted,no.
Sadly I can see us slipping up in the playoffs then who knows.
If Armstrong isn't scoring consistently we have a problem and the midfield isn't strong enough.
The warning signs were there, Huddersfield for one.
[Post edited 14 Feb 9:27]
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 09:36 - Feb 14 with 634 viewsHeisenberg

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 08:46 - Feb 14 by GRIM

Very rarely that all players have an off day.
But can't name one player that performed with any credit last night. Some were worse than others (Charles / Manning) but no one did their job last night.
What's worrying is that we were like that in 1st half against Huddersfield.
Last night we slipped back to playing very slowly, absolutely no tempo or fluency to our game.
I thought perhaps fatigue had set in after all these games but noticed that Bristol City have had a similar number of games in a short period & they didn't look tired, they were fired up & quite impressive.

Bristol sussed us out. Even at home get everyone behind the ball when we had it and put pressure on and then hit us on the break. Our build up play was painfully slow and there was no urgency. It is what it is and was bound to happen at some point. Let’s see how we respond.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 12:48 - Feb 14 with 521 viewssaint901

A bad night all round with perhaps only KWP showing any form.

There was no resilience in the team and when we shipped the first goal, no way were we coming back.

I cannot for the life of me understand why - a goal down - we bring on Mara?

He is the sort of player you bring on 3-0 up with 15 to go.

I can hear you all saying that he's improving in form and confidence but at the end of the day he's just not at the right level of quality and certainly shows little heart for scrapping your way back into a match.

Have to question RM's thought process here.
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 13:31 - Feb 14 with 491 viewsDorsetIan

What was worrying for me was that we weren't really able to respond to the warning we got on Saturday in the first half.

This game had the same feel of low energy, lack of ideas and complacency.

It'll be really interesting to see if we can respond on Friday. Team selection is going to be absolutely key.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 14:41 - Feb 14 with 450 viewssaint22

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 07:49 - Feb 14 by grumpy

We missed Downes last night,he gives us some bite in midfield.

He is a massive miss when out, our midfield is to lightweight and attack minded
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 15:09 - Feb 14 with 441 viewsCity_boy

Just a bad day at the office, when so many went missing in action.

No need to panic, re-group and go again on Friday.
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 15:42 - Feb 14 with 436 viewsSouthamptonfan

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 15:09 - Feb 14 by City_boy

Just a bad day at the office, when so many went missing in action.

No need to panic, re-group and go again on Friday.

Definitely no need to panic. A victory on Friday night, then in our game in hand Tuesday will put us back into 2nd. It's all to play for. But being a Saints fan, I just worry we are going to completely collapse and blow our chances of automatic promotion 🙄

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 17:02 - Feb 14 with 414 viewsgrumpy

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 15:42 - Feb 14 by Southamptonfan

Definitely no need to panic. A victory on Friday night, then in our game in hand Tuesday will put us back into 2nd. It's all to play for. But being a Saints fan, I just worry we are going to completely collapse and blow our chances of automatic promotion 🙄

I’m worried about WBA they looked strong when they played down here they will be stronger on their own patch.The failure to get an imposing presence up front will be our nemesis.Where is our ex Sunderland injury prone forward anyway?
Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 20:25 - Feb 14 with 374 viewsSouthamptonfan

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 17:02 - Feb 14 by grumpy

I’m worried about WBA they looked strong when they played down here they will be stronger on their own patch.The failure to get an imposing presence up front will be our nemesis.Where is our ex Sunderland injury prone forward anyway?

It will be a tough game, who knows what will happen, but I'm hoping for a "Don't write us off" reaction and a top performance. We are capable of going there and winning but we will have to be at our very best. It could go either way. Friday is a big game. Defeat really will give Leeds a massive boost, so we need a result. We will just have to see.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 21:46 - Feb 14 with 313 viewssaint22

Bristol City Game Matchday Thread on 17:02 - Feb 14 by grumpy

the endless pursuit of wingers as opposed to a solid striker is going to bite us on the a55

I do hope we bounce back friday, if RM really does have what it takes now is the time to show it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024