Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation 12:45 - Mar 8 with 1014 viewsSaintNick

The first thing I thought was good on em ! But them I did a bit of maths, £10k divided by 25 squad members = £400 each.

If we say they average around £25k a week each in wages then they are donating around 1.5% of their weekly wage to charity.

If we say the average man in the street earns around £25,000 a year then in relative terms this is the equivalent of the average man donating £7.21 to the Saints foundation.

Call me cynical, but I don't think this is a very good effort from our squad

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 12:54 - Mar 8 with 991 viewssaint22

Nick, I literally logged on to post the same
Fair play 10k isn't nothing BUT to your point its is a pittance to them (one of their silly Moncker jackets costs way more than that), and to parade it around is silly
I cant see why each of the squad cant give a grand which would be more than double that total

I just sponsored a mate of mine in the London Marathon £500 and I certainly dont earn 50k a week
[Post edited 8 Mar 12:55]
Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 13:05 - Mar 8 with 974 viewsSaintNick

Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 12:54 - Mar 8 by saint22

Nick, I literally logged on to post the same
Fair play 10k isn't nothing BUT to your point its is a pittance to them (one of their silly Moncker jackets costs way more than that), and to parade it around is silly
I cant see why each of the squad cant give a grand which would be more than double that total

I just sponsored a mate of mine in the London Marathon £500 and I certainly dont earn 50k a week
[Post edited 8 Mar 12:55]

Exactly my thoughts, if you sponsor a mate to do the marathon or a charity walk etc, they would be insulted if you gave them £7, its not even a pint and a half these days

Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 13:24 - Mar 8 with 955 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Cant take away the fact that is a decent gesture.
However most of the players are probably 50% tax payers so charitable donations are tax free so £10k in real terms.
Also note that the club's owners donated £160k to the Saints Foundation as match funding to the same amount raised at last week's Saints Foundation Dinner at St Marys.
Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 13:25 - Mar 8 with 951 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 13:24 - Mar 8 by SouthSeaSaint

Cant take away the fact that is a decent gesture.
However most of the players are probably 50% tax payers so charitable donations are tax free so £10k in real terms.
Also note that the club's owners donated £160k to the Saints Foundation as match funding to the same amount raised at last week's Saints Foundation Dinner at St Marys.

Sorry, thought the players donation was £20k so in real terms the real cost to players was £5k
Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 13:27 - Mar 8 with 943 viewsPatfromPoole

Maybe the squad have seen the latest accounts, and think they may need to tighten their belts…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 13:29 - Mar 8 with 938 viewsSaintNick

Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 13:27 - Mar 8 by PatfromPoole

Maybe the squad have seen the latest accounts, and think they may need to tighten their belts…..

They are the last ones to suffer when a club suffers financial difficulty, they have to get paid their full whack

Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 14:01 - Mar 8 with 885 viewsDorsetIan

Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 13:29 - Mar 8 by SaintNick

They are the last ones to suffer when a club suffers financial difficulty, they have to get paid their full whack

To be fair, none of us know how much each of them gives away each year in total.

It all counts.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 14:09 - Mar 8 with 884 viewsTimSaint

Do you think our loan players are expected to contribute towards this ?

They aren't technically Saints players - although it could be argued that they are, whilst they are here on loan. Perhaps as the club pays (most of) their wages, they are expected to chip in ?

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 21:34 - Mar 8 with 674 viewssaintwizzler

A charity is £10,000 better off.
Well done all involved.
🫡

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 21:45 - Mar 8 with 668 viewsPatfromPoole

I just read an article saying that it was over £10k.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 21:58 - Mar 10 with 376 viewsSaintNick

Saints First Team Squad Donate £10k To Saints Foundation on 21:34 - Mar 8 by saintwizzler

A charity is £10,000 better off.
Well done all involved.
🫡

I agree a Charity is £10 k better off, but it is all relative, personally I admire those individuals that have cycled from Anfield To St Mary's over a week to raise the money

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024