Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red and White stripes - the kit of losers 10:20 - Mar 11 with 1665 viewssaints__fan__73

We are doing so well to avoid deckchairs this season.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/almerias-winless-run-hits-30-233621436.html

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 10:26 - Mar 11 with 1635 viewsSaintNick

To save time I wont post some evidence of a team in red & white stripes winning something, let's just go straight to your reply where you reproduce some team in Albania, Moldova or Outer Mongolia who play in stripes and have been awful at some time in their history

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 13:50 - Mar 11 with 1547 viewssaints__fan__73

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 10:26 - Mar 11 by SaintNick

To save time I wont post some evidence of a team in red & white stripes winning something, let's just go straight to your reply where you reproduce some team in Albania, Moldova or Outer Mongolia who play in stripes and have been awful at some time in their history

I thought you said the deckchair shirts were unique Nick?

Seem to be a lot of very poor teams wearing them.

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 15:59 - Mar 11 with 1482 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 13:50 - Mar 11 by saints__fan__73

I thought you said the deckchair shirts were unique Nick?

Seem to be a lot of very poor teams wearing them.

You tell him Nick, well done sir. On this subject 73 scores higher on the Guffometer (and that’s some achievement!) than SFC Ref does defending the indefensible when anyone rightly calls out an appalling reffing / vAR decision. Absolutely no respect for the club’s traditions of which regular stripes are part of our Club DNA. Goes on and on and on about ‘deckchairs’ he’s like a broken record, it’s just soooo boring
[Post edited 11 Mar 16:03]
Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 19:42 - Mar 11 with 1396 viewsLondonSaint76

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 15:59 - Mar 11 by InTimeAddedOn

You tell him Nick, well done sir. On this subject 73 scores higher on the Guffometer (and that’s some achievement!) than SFC Ref does defending the indefensible when anyone rightly calls out an appalling reffing / vAR decision. Absolutely no respect for the club’s traditions of which regular stripes are part of our Club DNA. Goes on and on and on about ‘deckchairs’ he’s like a broken record, it’s just soooo boring

Well said Nick + ITAO - scores higher on the Guffometer than SFC Ref, that’s hilarious - and as you rightly point out, something of an achievement in its own right 😀 and as you also say, like a stuck record 🥱
I remember SF73 having a pop at me for having the temerity to say the we should return to proper stripes for last season - in fact, called me ‘a deckchair fetishist’!! Charming - and there was me thinking a deckchair fetishist would be an MP or a High Court Judge who’d be paying Madame Cyn for such a service (probably locked in the cupboard under her stairs) in Madame Cyn’s House Of Payne 😂⚽️😂⚽️😂

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 12:37 - Mar 12 with 1238 viewsSFC_Referee

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 15:59 - Mar 11 by InTimeAddedOn

You really are obsessed with me and referees now aren’t you? A thread that’s got absolutely nothing to do with officials or myself and yet you still bring me up…
Still wouldn’t surprise me if you're just one of the embarrassing lot that are non stop singing and going on about the skates, in games which they’ve got no relevance in! Especially with how obsessed you seem to be with certain groups 😂
[Post edited 12 Mar 12:40]

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 12:55 - Mar 12 with 1229 viewssaintwizzler

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 12:37 - Mar 12 by SFC_Referee

You really are obsessed with me and referees now aren’t you? A thread that’s got absolutely nothing to do with officials or myself and yet you still bring me up…
Still wouldn’t surprise me if you're just one of the embarrassing lot that are non stop singing and going on about the skates, in games which they’ve got no relevance in! Especially with how obsessed you seem to be with certain groups 😂

U
OK
HUN
?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 23:20 - Mar 12 with 1067 viewsLondonSaint76

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 12:37 - Mar 12 by SFC_Referee

I know for a fact In Time Added On has got you on ‘Ignore Member / Posts’ through the website settings (as I normally have too)… So, how is it someone you allege is obsessed with you and therefore logic would suggest is supposedly obsessing over your every post is in fact totally ignoring you? 😂 Think you need an ego reset TBH…
As for mentioning you in the post you reference, if you actually read it properly, the context you are mentioned in makes perfect sense. I’ll PM or email ITAO to let them know as your comment won”t be visible to them.
BTW I only came across this by chance as I was looking at the UI Forum on my daughter’s phone.
Had to pop you off ignore to post this, popping you back on now
bye bye

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 22:46 - Mar 13 with 929 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 23:20 - Mar 12 by LondonSaint76

I know for a fact In Time Added On has got you on ‘Ignore Member / Posts’ through the website settings (as I normally have too)… So, how is it someone you allege is obsessed with you and therefore logic would suggest is supposedly obsessing over your every post is in fact totally ignoring you? 😂 Think you need an ego reset TBH…
As for mentioning you in the post you reference, if you actually read it properly, the context you are mentioned in makes perfect sense. I’ll PM or email ITAO to let them know as your comment won”t be visible to them.
BTW I only came across this by chance as I was looking at the UI Forum on my daughter’s phone.
Had to pop you off ignore to post this, popping you back on now
bye bye

Thanks for the heads up London Saint, to be honest, I cannot be bothered to take SFC Ref off ignore to read what will only be another load of guff judging by what you have already said in your resposne to his post about me. If he's saying I am obsessed with him then that is so far wide of the mark that you can't even see the mark in the distance... Just happy to carry on ignoring him - if he wasn't on ignore, I don't know how much more my Guffometer could take before one of his posts broke it!

Thanks again anyway
Login to get fewer ads

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 23:05 - Mar 13 with 921 viewsLondonSaint76

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 22:46 - Mar 13 by InTimeAddedOn

Thanks for the heads up London Saint, to be honest, I cannot be bothered to take SFC Ref off ignore to read what will only be another load of guff judging by what you have already said in your resposne to his post about me. If he's saying I am obsessed with him then that is so far wide of the mark that you can't even see the mark in the distance... Just happy to carry on ignoring him - if he wasn't on ignore, I don't know how much more my Guffometer could take before one of his posts broke it!

Thanks again anyway

Fair enough, no worries
Your Guffometer
[Post edited 13 Mar 23:31]

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 09:38 - Mar 14 with 866 viewssaints__fan__73

Hey lads, we've gone a bit off topic here.

Let's just all agree that deck chair kits are the most horrible design in football and teams who dare to ware them always do very badly!

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 09:39 - Mar 14 with 862 viewsPatfromPoole

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 09:38 - Mar 14 by saints__fan__73

Let's just all agree that deck chair kits are the most horrible design in football and teams who dare to ware them always do very badly!

Atletico Madrid don’t seem to be doing too badly…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 10:44 - Mar 14 with 830 viewssaintwizzler

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 22:46 - Mar 13 by InTimeAddedOn

Thanks again anyway

I’m obsessed about SFC Ref’s obession about your obsession about him.

eieieio

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 11:12 - Mar 14 with 815 viewsNumber_58

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 09:39 - Mar 14 by PatfromPoole

Atletico Madrid don’t seem to be doing too badly…..

Fulchester United did ok. They had Johnny X the invisible striker. We've got Ross Stewart.
Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 15:13 - Mar 14 with 767 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 10:44 - Mar 14 by saintwizzler

I’m obsessed about SFC Ref’s obession about your obsession about him.

eieieio

Hmmm… I’m confused 🤔
Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 16:24 - Mar 14 with 729 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 09:38 - Mar 14 by saints__fan__73

Fair comment re: off topic, however, totally disagree regards regular stripes. If done properly they are a great kit and far far better than some of the abominations put forward under the name of SFC that are totally unrepresentative of our history, heritage or play any part in affirming our Club DNA with perhaps the single exception of the 125 white / red sash home kit which was very much part of our distant past.
How can you say teams who dare to wear conventional stripes always do very badly. Saw some of the best / most memorable games played in my lifetime with us in traditional red & white, for example:
Saints 2-0 Palace, FA Cup SF 1976
Saints 2-1 Watford, FA Cup SF 2003
Saints 4-1 Liverpool, Nicholl era
Saints 6-3 Man Utd, 90’s
Saints 8-0 Sunderland, Koeman era
Saints 6-1 Aston Villa, Mane’s 3m 30s hat-trick
Saints 3-2 Arsenal, Le Tiss winner, last league game at The Dell
Ect, ect…
Of course, you can counter we were relegated in traditional stripes in the 70’s and under Redkrapp but I would contend that it’s not true to say it is all bad in traditional stripes. I have many fond memories of Saints moments / players in traditional stripes, as evidenced above, I just feel we compromise our heritage by departing from the traditional home stripes. In this modern era where multiple kits change every season there are plenty of opportunities to experiment with the away and third kits with something new on offer every season. So, I sincerely hope we return to traditional stripes next season, if Hummel continue the policy of recycling old designs they have a couple of half decent offerings from the Draper Tools sponsored era to relaunch.
Still, each to their own I suppose, if we all liked the same thing life would be boring.
Back on track ⚽️🙂
Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 16:51 - Mar 14 with 714 viewssaints__fan__73

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 16:24 - Mar 14 by InTimeAddedOn

Fair comment re: off topic, however, totally disagree regards regular stripes. If done properly they are a great kit and far far better than some of the abominations put forward under the name of SFC that are totally unrepresentative of our history, heritage or play any part in affirming our Club DNA with perhaps the single exception of the 125 white / red sash home kit which was very much part of our distant past.
How can you say teams who dare to wear conventional stripes always do very badly. Saw some of the best / most memorable games played in my lifetime with us in traditional red & white, for example:
Saints 2-0 Palace, FA Cup SF 1976
Saints 2-1 Watford, FA Cup SF 2003
Saints 4-1 Liverpool, Nicholl era
Saints 6-3 Man Utd, 90’s
Saints 8-0 Sunderland, Koeman era
Saints 6-1 Aston Villa, Mane’s 3m 30s hat-trick
Saints 3-2 Arsenal, Le Tiss winner, last league game at The Dell
Ect, ect…
Of course, you can counter we were relegated in traditional stripes in the 70’s and under Redkrapp but I would contend that it’s not true to say it is all bad in traditional stripes. I have many fond memories of Saints moments / players in traditional stripes, as evidenced above, I just feel we compromise our heritage by departing from the traditional home stripes. In this modern era where multiple kits change every season there are plenty of opportunities to experiment with the away and third kits with something new on offer every season. So, I sincerely hope we return to traditional stripes next season, if Hummel continue the policy of recycling old designs they have a couple of half decent offerings from the Draper Tools sponsored era to relaunch.
Still, each to their own I suppose, if we all liked the same thing life would be boring.
Back on track ⚽️🙂

Red and white is the club DNA but no necessarily in stripes.

Stripes are linked to Newcastle as they have never played in anything else (well since 1894 if you're a pedant).

I started supporting the club in the late 70s and didn't see a 'traditional' striped kit until 1989.

We went from 1976 to '89 wearing other types of home kits which didn't look like deck chairs so I can't understand why some, like Nick, think we have to play in traditional stripes every season. The most successful period the club has had in it's history was when we didn't look like walking deckchairs.

I've no issue with a striped kit every 2 or 3 years but not every season. It makes far more sense to mix things up a bit.

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 20:42 - Mar 14 with 645 viewsUTS1885

PSV and Athletico Madrid 👍
Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 11:01 - Mar 15 with 546 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Not sure if clubs that play in red and whites are losers. Here are some winners.

Athletic Bilbao: 31 trophies (8 leagues, 23 cups)
Athletico Madrid: 21 trophies (11 league, 10 cups)
Sunderland: 8 trophies (6 leagues, 2 cups)

For reference: in terms of trophies compared to SFC, we have

Athletic Bilbao: 31 x trophies more than Soton
Athletico Madrid: 21 x trophies more than Soton
Sunderland: 8 x trophies more than Soton

Obvs, there are a lot of clubs who play in red and white who haven't won much at all
[Post edited 15 Mar 11:02]

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 11:19 - Mar 15 with 528 viewsdirk_doone

As with everything else, a statistical analysis has been done of this and it was found that solid colours, especially plain white or red, are the most successful colours in football.

For this reason, Don Revie changed Leeds' strip from blue and yellow to all white and Bill Shankley changed Liverpool's from red and white to all red.

There are various explanations but it is said that these colours make players look and feel more imposing. It also makes them easier to find when passing the ball. If you want to know more about it, you can Google it.
[Post edited 15 Mar 11:23]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 23:00 - Mar 15 with 475 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Red and White stripes - the kit of losers on 16:51 - Mar 14 by saints__fan__73

Red and white is the club DNA but no necessarily in stripes.

Stripes are linked to Newcastle as they have never played in anything else (well since 1894 if you're a pedant).

I started supporting the club in the late 70s and didn't see a 'traditional' striped kit until 1989.

We went from 1976 to '89 wearing other types of home kits which didn't look like deck chairs so I can't understand why some, like Nick, think we have to play in traditional stripes every season. The most successful period the club has had in it's history was when we didn't look like walking deckchairs.

I've no issue with a striped kit every 2 or 3 years but not every season. It makes far more sense to mix things up a bit.

OK, I get it, now you have explained it in more detail I can see that you would not have the same nostalgic feelings for traditional stripes as someone like myself who knew nothing other than traditional stripes for the first 10+ years watching us play at The Dell. The stripes were very much a big part of the emotions going to a game invoked in those early days as an impressionable youngster and to this day I can remember those feelings of excitement going to the first few games, always at The Dell with us always in traditional stripes. Hard to break the affiliation to them for an old goat like me and yes I’d love to see them back again sometime soon but I can understand if you started from a different point in time and we were out of trad stripes for as long as we were for you then that nostalgia for them is not the same. Never really thought about it like that before.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024