Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big chance for a statement win 09:08 - Mar 31 with 1922 viewsPatfromPoole

Not sure what is wrong with me today.

Just thinking that tomorrow is a real chance for us.

If we can get a big win at Ipswich (2-0 or higher) it places down a big marker, and will give everybody real confidence that even if we don't finish in the top 2, we would be a side to be massively feared in the play-offs.

At the moment, I just don't get that feeling about us.

We need a real statement performance AND result to get rid of a lot of the current negativity and cynicism.

Time to step it up, lads.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Big chance for a statement win on 09:30 - Mar 31 with 1555 viewssaintwizzler

Failing to beat a crap mid table Middlesbrough team who were already on the beach at home…

There’s optimism then there’s insanity.

Our have you been on the WACKY BACKY hun?

The objective for Russell Martin is to now try and scrape enough points to stay in 4th Place.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Big chance for a statement win on 09:38 - Mar 31 with 1538 viewsSalisburySaint

Are you ok,this seems like a positive post 😉
Big chance for a statement win on 09:39 - Mar 31 with 1535 viewsPatfromPoole

Big chance for a statement win on 09:30 - Mar 31 by saintwizzler

Failing to beat a crap mid table Middlesbrough team who were already on the beach at home…

There’s optimism then there’s insanity.

Our have you been on the WACKY BACKY hun?

The objective for Russell Martin is to now try and scrape enough points to stay in 4th Place.

Our wage bill is almost 3 times higher than Ipswich.

We have the players to beat them, if we show commitment and quality, and crucially get the line-up right.

Get Fast Kid back on the bench.

As has been commented on here before, our best two finishers are Fraser and Rothwell.

We need to get the ball to those two players in positions on the pitch to punish the opposition.

And defend well at all times, no switching off.

Big chance for a statement win on 09:41 - Mar 31 with 1532 viewsPatfromPoole

Big chance for a statement win on 09:38 - Mar 31 by SalisburySaint

Are you ok,this seems like a positive post 😉

The loss of an hour’s sleep has given me less time for negativity.

I will doubtless catch up later today, and normal service can be resumed….

Big chance for a statement win on 10:06 - Mar 31 with 1515 viewssaintwizzler

Big chance for a statement win on 09:39 - Mar 31 by PatfromPoole

We have the players to beat them, if we show commitment and quality, and crucially get the line-up right.

As has been commented on here before, our best two finishers are Fraser and Rothwell.

We need to get the ball to those two players in positions on the pitch to punish the opposition.

How is our wage bill compared to Middlesbrough and Millwall’s?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Big chance for a statement win on 10:13 - Mar 31 with 1514 viewsPatfromPoole

Big chance for a statement win on 10:06 - Mar 31 by saintwizzler

How is our wage bill compared to Middlesbrough and Millwall’s?

Our weekly wage bill for the first-team squad is about £775k according to the Capology website.

Boro is about £310k.
Millwall is about £230k.

Ipswich is about £260k.

The only club in the League with a higher wage bill than us are Leicester, who appear to be an absolute basket case at £1.1 million per week.

Big chance for a statement win on 10:54 - Mar 31 with 1464 viewsfelly1

Big chance for a statement win on 09:39 - Mar 31 by PatfromPoole

I'd probably start Edozie over the fast kid.
Also start Armstrong S over Rothwell.
60/70 mins bring on Rothwell and Fraser to deliver the knockout blows.
I'd probably bench Stephens and bring back Bedders for this one and keep Bree at left back.
Big chance for a statement win on 11:38 - Mar 31 with 1419 views1ASIN12

We had a big statement win away at West Brom after our 1st defeat in ages at Bristol City so the team is more than capable.

However we followed that up by 2 successive shlt performance at home to Hull and Millwall what the team are also more than capable of .

Which is why we are the 4th best team in the championship as it stands .

We need to make sure when we are in a good run of form for the playoffs and a win Monday could be the start of that.
Login to get fewer ads

Big chance for a statement win on 11:44 - Mar 31 with 1412 viewsPatfromPoole

Big chance for a statement win on 11:38 - Mar 31 by 1ASIN12

We had a big statement win away at West Brom after our 1st defeat in ages at Bristol City so the team is more than capable.

However we followed that up by 2 successive shlt performance at home to Hull and Millwall what the team are also more than capable of .

We need to make sure when we are in a good run of form for the playoffs and a win Monday could be the start of that.

Well, that’s my chips pissed on with a healthy dose of realism.

As you were, then.

Big chance for a statement win on 12:01 - Mar 31 with 1396 viewsBerber

Big chance for a statement win on 09:41 - Mar 31 by PatfromPoole

The loss of an hour’s sleep has given me less time for negativity.

I will doubtless catch up later today, and normal service can be resumed….

Good to hear. Fora while, I thought that you were veering into the treatment room along with those that believe that this season represents where the club should be.
Big chance for a statement win on 12:27 - Mar 31 with 1373 viewsSouthamptonfan

It would certainly be a statement win. We are in last chance saloon. We have to win the game. Also feeling better after the Friday game. There is still a chance. I'm not confident, but an away win at top of the league would bring back the feel good factor. The other two teams have tough games, things could look a lot different come Monday evening. We shall see.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Big chance for a statement win on 13:46 - Mar 31 with 1310 views1885_SFC

Big chance for a statement win on 11:38 - Mar 31 by 1ASIN12

Indeed. About sums it up.

Old School is Cool

Big chance for a statement win on 17:44 - Mar 31 with 1216 viewsfranniesTache

Been saying the same all season and my position hasn’t changed, this team and manager don’t have the mentality for the play offs.

To win them you need a toughness and directness we don’t have, and every time we’ve come under pressure we’ve cracked.

For that same reason I’m expecting us to lose tomorrow. Ipswich know how to win, and win dirty if they need to. They’ll beat us tomorrow and win the play offs
Big chance for a statement win on 19:56 - Mar 31 with 1157 views1885_SFC

Ipswich have only lost 1 home game all season and I can't see us changing that stat tomorrow - not with our feeble defence & wasteful strikers.

A point would be a good result although it would do little for our automatic promotion hopes which, let's face it, finally disappeared on Good Friday anyway!

Old School is Cool

Big chance for a statement win on 21:57 - Mar 31 with 1078 viewsCenturion

I do not feel downhearted at all at finishing in the play offs. I felt this season we would do well to finish 6th or even 5th, so 4th would be incredible.
There are some big clubs in this division. Apart from the massive talents of Leeds and Leicester you have the likes of WBA, Norwich and lets not forget Hull and Sunderland. Ipswich are a big club, have won more honours than Saints and have a fine pedigree.
We are holding our own and to be in with a chance is a massive achievement in our first year of Championship football.
If we don't go up this year, we can always give it a go next year or so. I think fans have to be realistic in their expectations.
Big chance for a statement win on 00:04 - Apr 1 with 986 viewsdirk_doone

Big chance for a statement win on 21:57 - Mar 31 by Centurion

I do not feel downhearted at all at finishing in the play offs. I felt this season we would do well to finish 6th or even 5th, so 4th would be incredible.
There are some big clubs in this division. Apart from the massive talents of Leeds and Leicester you have the likes of WBA, Norwich and lets not forget Hull and Sunderland. Ipswich are a big club, have won more honours than Saints and have a fine pedigree.
We are holding our own and to be in with a chance is a massive achievement in our first year of Championship football.
If we don't go up this year, we can always give it a go next year or so. I think fans have to be realistic in their expectations.

"To finish 6th would be incredible"???? "a massive achievement"????

I know some of our fans like to think of us as a much smaller club than we really are, but that is ridiculous. We've been in the top flight for most of our lifetimes.

https://www.englishfootballleaguetables.co.uk/stats/totalavegate.html

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Big chance for a statement win on 00:12 - Apr 1 with 979 viewsPatfromPoole

We have the second highest wage bill in the League, behind Leicester.

It is no achievement at all to just finish in the top 6.

Big chance for a statement win on 01:52 - Apr 1 with 945 viewsCenturion

Well, the Championship is a very competitive league. We may have a high wage bill which will have to be cut next season if we don't go up.
I bet though, we will still be seen as one of the top 6 or seven clubs in the division.
IMO, that is not bad and we are about the same size club as many of those in the top half of the league.
Big chance for a statement win on 02:51 - Apr 1 with 939 viewsdirk_doone

Big chance for a statement win on 01:52 - Apr 1 by Centurion

Well, the Championship is a very competitive league. We may have a high wage bill which will have to be cut next season if we don't go up.
I bet though, we will still be seen as one of the top 6 or seven clubs in the division.
IMO, that is not bad and we are about the same size club as many of those in the top half of the league.

So, centurion, do you think Saints are bigger than Pompey? A simple yes or no.
[Post edited 1 Apr 3:39]

Big chance for a statement win on 04:44 - Apr 1 with 898 viewssledger

We are under acchieving as a team,fact.
Big chance for a statement win on 08:39 - Apr 1 with 836 viewsBerber

The teams that were relegated with us are showing themselves to be a cut above, despite losing good players, as we did. Ipswich have just been promoted from League 1. Sunderland have been anything but a big club for the past decade, and don’t look like anything special now either. I am pleased for you that you can feel good about where we sit as a club, but for me, we look like a bunch of poseurs from top to bottom.
Big chance for a statement win on 08:48 - Apr 1 with 827 viewsCenturion

Big chance for a statement win on 02:51 - Apr 1 by dirk_doone

So, centurion, do you think Saints are bigger than Pompey? A simple yes or no.
[Post edited 1 Apr 3:39]

I think Saints have a slight edge over Pompey as far as recent history goes.
Saints have a better ground and facilities at the moment.
Pompey have a lot of potential.
Overall, Pompey are in the same category as Pompey IMO.
Big chance for a statement win on 09:07 - Apr 1 with 811 viewscocklebreath

Big chance for a statement win on 08:48 - Apr 1 by Centurion

I’m assuming you’re on a wind up?
If not you sum up our lame fan base that excepts rubbish.
We are not similar to Hull or Pompey ffs

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Big chance for a statement win on 10:13 - Apr 1 with 756 viewsdirk_doone

Big chance for a statement win on 08:48 - Apr 1 by Centurion

You couldn't do it, could you? Gotcha.

I remember you got outed on here once before but you've been lurking for a while. You're going to have to post a lot of mundane smokescreen posts now or get yet another username

Mind the gap:

https://www.englishfootballleaguetables.co.uk/stats/totalavegate.html

[Post edited 1 Apr 10:14]

Big chance for a statement win on 14:26 - Apr 1 with 575 viewsCenturion

IN reply yo Kirk,
If Pompey come up and we stay down then the gap between the two clubs narrows.
That is logical.
We do have a better ground, by far and on the whole better fcilities.
Pompey DO have a lot of potential and HAVE been under achieving for the last 10 years.
If we get promoted via the play offs then the gap between the two clubs.
I stand by my assertion that we are on of the top six or eight championship clubs and therefore to finish in the play offs is an achievement.
As an aside do you consider Brighton and Bournemouth our equals or bigger clubs?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024