Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come on then 15:01 - Apr 17 with 1088 viewskingslandstand1

Who between the sticks on Saturday?

Just watching RM's after game interview he said he wanted to see how McCarthy "got on" and said he did well (??)

From what I saw, he had minimal to do and when he did there was c0ck up written all over it when he tried the tippy tappy stuff and one save he made the ball almost fell out of his arms. But he "has the experience as well as an international cap" so you never know

I think I'd go for Lumley, but what do I know ................
Come on then on 15:23 - Apr 17 with 1046 viewsPatfromPoole

Having gone with McCarthy last night, it would be odd to change it again unless he cocks up.

Walker-Peters and Bednarek will have played with him a lot over the years, and I don't think that's a trivial thing at all.

Ultimately McCarthy is playing for a new contract somewhere, so there's a big carrot for him.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Come on then on 16:04 - Apr 17 with 1013 viewskingslandstand1

Come on then on 15:23 - Apr 17 by PatfromPoole

Having gone with McCarthy last night, it would be odd to change it again unless he cocks up.

Walker-Peters and Bednarek will have played with him a lot over the years, and I don't think that's a trivial thing at all.

Ultimately McCarthy is playing for a new contract somewhere, so there's a big carrot for him.

Used to like McCarthy when he first appeared on the scene, but he then became a bit of a liability and quite a few costly errors henc he lost his place, but as we haven't seen him play since last night it's maybe not fair to pass too detailed a comment, and I wasn't overly impressed tbh. Lumley did well when we saw him at the start of the season, but could he handle the pressure for these next couple of games?

Difficult choice!
Come on then on 16:27 - Apr 17 with 974 viewsfranniesTache

it'll be McCarthy, playing a player with 0 league games in a run in where we need to win all the games to go up is madness.
Come on then on 16:32 - Apr 17 with 969 viewsFlamingbankers

Come off it - which sane professional manager puts his veteran third choice keeper ahead of his second choice and then says he wanted to see how he did? Unbelievable, does nobody have any common sense any more? Martin's certainly true to his word in wanting to take risks.
Come on then on 16:41 - Apr 17 with 955 viewskingslandstand1

Come on then on 16:32 - Apr 17 by Flamingbankers

Come off it - which sane professional manager puts his veteran third choice keeper ahead of his second choice and then says he wanted to see how he did? Unbelievable, does nobody have any common sense any more? Martin's certainly true to his word in wanting to take risks.

Seat of his pants granted, but it seems that everyone outside of TUI in the press and tv and radio etc reckon he's doing a great job, and because of our momentum (?) etc, we are the ones to watch! Even Frannie last night said we'll go up, although through the play offs ......... and he has seen us play a lot this season
Daft thing is, well maybe not daft, is that we are still in with a good shout of going up! Though if that does happen, God knows what sort of season it will be
Anyway, we need to go up to ensure that rightful one division gap between us and the skates!! (await comment from 130 cos we know he stalks this site and is a closet scummer!)
Come on then on 18:06 - Apr 17 with 853 viewsUTS1885

McCarthy should have been number 2 this season anyway.
Come on then on 18:11 - Apr 17 with 846 views1teeminants

He’s not going to drop McCarthy after one winning game. He didn’t have much to do so Russell will want to see more of him before making a decision.

McCarthy used to get beat at the near post a lot whilst Bazunu lets too many in when players hit the ball at pace to either side of him.

I can’t comment on Lumley because I haven’t seen much of him.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Come on then on 20:08 - Apr 17 with 759 viewsdarthvader

Come on then on 18:11 - Apr 17 by 1teeminants

He’s not going to drop McCarthy after one winning game. He didn’t have much to do so Russell will want to see more of him before making a decision.

McCarthy used to get beat at the near post a lot whilst Bazunu lets too many in when players hit the ball at pace to either side of him.

Apart from picking the ball out of the net 3 times at Liverpool i thought Joe Lumley was Absolutely Fabulous

keep the faith coyr

Login to get fewer ads

Come on then on 20:35 - Apr 17 with 734 viewsPatfromPoole

Come on then on 16:41 - Apr 17 by kingslandstand1

Seat of his pants granted, but it seems that everyone outside of TUI in the press and tv and radio etc reckon he's doing a great job, and because of our momentum (?) etc, we are the ones to watch! Even Frannie last night said we'll go up, although through the play offs ......... and he has seen us play a lot this season
Daft thing is, well maybe not daft, is that we are still in with a good shout of going up! Though if that does happen, God knows what sort of season it will be
Anyway, we need to go up to ensure that rightful one division gap between us and the skates!! (await comment from 130 cos we know he stalks this site and is a closet scummer!)

God bless Benali and all that, but I’m not sure he’s the best of judges on these things.

He does tend to be a bit overly glass half-full where Saints are concerned.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Come on then on 21:36 - Apr 17 with 664 viewskingslandstand1

Come on then on 20:35 - Apr 17 by PatfromPoole

God bless Benali and all that, but I’m not sure he’s the best of judges on these things.

He does tend to be a bit overly glass half-full where Saints are concerned.

He always has been when a pundit, and we all moan about Carragher and Phil Thompson etc being biased so I'll forgive Benalli in this instance. He clearly is, and always has been, a proper Saints fan. Well he was brought up in the flats overlooking SMS!!!
Come on then on 01:48 - Apr 18 with 544 viewssaint22

lets be honest you could put a rizla between each of our keepers they are all that close in inadequacy.
we need solid new number one AND a half decent number two this summer
Come on then on 08:33 - Apr 18 with 453 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Heard it could be Jack Stephens.
Come on then on 10:31 - Apr 19 with 358 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Come on then on 18:11 - Apr 17 by 1teeminants

This is one of Baz's main problems especially at international level with Ireland. We have lost so many goals from long range where he either doesn't anticipate or get his feet in the right position ... in some he is leaning too far on his right foot and the ball swerves to his left. He is still young and not the finished article so hopefully he can iron these deficiencies out of his game. We all hope he can get back fit for next season!
Come on then on 15:52 - Apr 19 with 298 viewsGRIM

Come on then on 10:31 - Apr 19 by Springhill_old_boy

This is one of Baz's main problems especially at international level with Ireland. We have lost so many goals from long range where he either doesn't anticipate or get his feet in the right position ... in some he is leaning too far on his right foot and the ball swerves to his left. He is still young and not the finished article so hopefully he can iron these deficiencies out of his game. We all hope he can get back fit for next season!

The only way Baz was going to get left out was by injury or suspension.
I personally don't rate him & think we benefited from him not playing Tuesday.
We kept the ball moving more quickly from the back.
But none of us want to see any player suffer a serious injury & be out of action for a long period.
I wish him well & hope whoever plays in his place does the job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024