Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ex playere No.96 coming back? 12:18 - Apr 25 with 1042 viewsButty101

Apparently we are in for Oxlaide chamberlian. Would you want him back? Hes only 30 but had another unjury prone season.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 13:41 - Apr 25 with 964 viewsmushinexile

I remember Oxo as being a good player and would have him back
Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 13:43 - Apr 25 with 962 viewsPatfromPoole

I think your last sentence answered your own question.

We do need more experience in the side, but with players who have had good experience in the Championship. I don't think these players are necessarily that expensive to find.

Oxlade-Chamberlain's wages would be obscene, another Walcott.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 13:52 - Apr 25 with 951 viewsIfonly

Not for me. If we're promoted and had bags of money thrown at us by the owners then maybe we could afford some luxury players (hey' let's bring in another 8 lightweight midfielders) but that's not going to happen. Our priorities are: GK, THB replacement, FD replacement, CF to help carry Ross Stewart off the pitch.
Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 14:01 - Apr 25 with 933 viewsInTimeAddedOn

He’d be some regular company for Ross in the treatment room.
Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 14:59 - Apr 25 with 880 viewsGRIM

Definitely not.
We need fit, physically strong players.
AOC would be an expensive crock.
Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 23:35 - Apr 25 with 726 viewsUTS1885

Not signing anymore with injury history ffs
Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 08:32 - Apr 26 with 642 viewsSonicBoom

I'd hope we've learned our lesson. Names like Ings and OC are tempting but I hope someone is looking at the hard facts. We can't afford another Ross Stewart.
Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 16:11 - Apr 26 with 471 viewsBerber

He s a crock. We would be lucky yo get 10 games a season, absolute waste of a squad place.
Login to get fewer ads

Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 16:40 - Apr 26 with 462 viewsGRIM

Where's our Academy players.
Rather than bringing in expensive crocks we should go back to our Roots & develop our own stars of the future. (eg. Walcott + Shaw + Oxlade Chamberlain + many others).
We have invested serious money into our Academy & we'll never find a good one if they're not given a chance.
Last couple of seasons all we've done is raided other clubs for their Academy players, how demoralising for our own lads.
If we're not producing players from the Academy we just as well do away with it.
Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 19:29 - Apr 26 with 411 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 16:11 - Apr 26 by Berber

He s a crock. We would be lucky yo get 10 games a season, absolute waste of a squad place.

Agreed, especially if we are still in the Championship next season, as we already know to our cost, the opposition like nothing more than kicking the cr@p out of anything they perceive as a threat on the day.
Also, given his history, wouldn’t Ox go to the Sk8’s in preference to us? Seem to remember there was a bit of noise when Ox was last with us because his Dad was a Sk8 player and wasn’t keen on him playing for us in preference to them. They might just take an interest now they have been promoted.
In any event I agree he’s done for and the rigours of either the Prem or the Championship would mean his time on the pitch would be limited and probably for a high wage.
Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 20:26 - Apr 26 with 382 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 16:40 - Apr 26 by GRIM

Where's our Academy players.
Rather than bringing in expensive crocks we should go back to our Roots & develop our own stars of the future. (eg. Walcott + Shaw + Oxlade Chamberlain + many others).
We have invested serious money into our Academy & we'll never find a good one if they're not given a chance.
Last couple of seasons all we've done is raided other clubs for their Academy players, how demoralising for our own lads.
If we're not producing players from the Academy we just as well do away with it.

Good point, where are they? If we go up we face another summer of upheaval as we’d need a lot of new players to stand any chance of not being next season’s Sheffield Utd. Don’t see our Academy players getting much of a look in if that happens .
If we don’t go up we still face another summer of upheaval but the difference being it would make sense to give the likes of Dibling, Amo and perhaps Meghoma a chance to prove themselves. Also, what has happened to the two young players signed from Arsenal and Chelsea? the Arsenal one in particular was supposed to have massive potential.
I think the thing is since we were producing the likes of Walcott, Bale, Dyer, Ox, Shaw, Lallana ect, the so called big clubs have upped their game and have scouts / recruiters everywhere and are simply hoovering up all the best talent from under our and everyone else’s noses. Just a thought, perhaps what we are left with just isn’t the same standard anymore thanks to the likes of the PL clubs in Lindon and beyond who recruit far more aggressively in our back yard than they did say 15 years ago…
Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 13:02 - Apr 27 with 262 viewsSaintEPW

Skilful player - great to have ...but

On 14 August 2023, Oxlade-Chamberlain signed for Süper Lig club Beşiktaş on a three-year contract.

On 21 December 2023 in the match against Alanyaspor, Oxlade-Chamberlain was injured and suffered a tear in his posterior thigh muscle and was expected to be out of action for 4 months.

Games this Season = 16

If we do not promoted he is physically incapable of coping with the intense physical demands. He will last less time in a game that Armstrong
Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 13:13 - Apr 27 with 255 viewsGRIM

Ex playere No.96 coming back? on 20:26 - Apr 26 by InTimeAddedOn

Good point, where are they? If we go up we face another summer of upheaval as we’d need a lot of new players to stand any chance of not being next season’s Sheffield Utd. Don’t see our Academy players getting much of a look in if that happens .
If we don’t go up we still face another summer of upheaval but the difference being it would make sense to give the likes of Dibling, Amo and perhaps Meghoma a chance to prove themselves. Also, what has happened to the two young players signed from Arsenal and Chelsea? the Arsenal one in particular was supposed to have massive potential.
I think the thing is since we were producing the likes of Walcott, Bale, Dyer, Ox, Shaw, Lallana ect, the so called big clubs have upped their game and have scouts / recruiters everywhere and are simply hoovering up all the best talent from under our and everyone else’s noses. Just a thought, perhaps what we are left with just isn’t the same standard anymore thanks to the likes of the PL clubs in Lindon and beyond who recruit far more aggressively in our back yard than they did say 15 years ago…

You're right about the big clubs getting first choice of the youngsters but I also think that we used to be attractive to youngsters because they knew they'd get a fair chance of game time to prove themselves.
They probably look at the way we handle our Academy players now, very few of them are given first team game time, the likes of Dibling & Meghoma could be future Stars but they'll not get a chance to develop here.
As a youngster why would you want to come here now.
The Academy is now an expensive luxury that we cannot afford.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024