Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! 08:31 - May 5 with 3677 viewsdjsaint

The planning documents are now all available to view on the city council planning site.
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 18:22 - May 5 with 2426 viewsUTS1885

So is each stand area going to have an outside section ? Fenced off ?

I’m not sure any of this is needed and what’s currently on offer works.
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 18:36 - May 5 with 2410 viewsSouthamptonfan

The away end will be completely fenced off. Any away fans travelling from the city centre will be sent the back way through Northam estate. All away coaches will park on the road by the factory that burned down. No longer any coaches down Brittannia Road. We wont see the away fans at all, outside the stadium. There won't be a mix of away fans getting on the coach and home fans walking down Brittannia road. Their coaches will be caged off outside the away section.

Saints fans will be sent to their areas, with the stadium sectioned off like a concert. Kingsland and Northam will be one area from what I understand. So fans will be able to walk around and visit all the food outlets outside the Kingsland and Northam.
[Post edited 5 May 18:39]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 19:37 - May 5 with 2337 viewsUTS1885

It looks like a fence on three sides, but I can’t imagine that’s the case as these areas need to be open .. there going to lose half the car park places I did read.
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 22:54 - May 5 with 2199 viewsSFC_Referee

I’m struggling to find it so does anyone have the link to the site? Thanks

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 08:23 - May 6 with 2057 viewsdjsaint

https://planningpublicaccess.southampton.gov.uk/online-applications/files/7B087A
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 08:26 - May 6 with 2050 viewsSalisburySaint

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 22:54 - May 5 by SFC_Referee

I’m struggling to find it so does anyone have the link to the site? Thanks

https://planning.org.uk/app/71/SCQVK4OZK4700
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 09:11 - May 6 with 1982 viewsSaintNick

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 08:26 - May 6 by SalisburySaint

https://planning.org.uk/app/71/SCQVK4OZK4700

So would I be right in saying that this planning application has not yet been approved

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 09:40 - May 6 with 1938 viewsdjsaint

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 09:11 - May 6 by SaintNick

So would I be right in saying that this planning application has not yet been approved

Application was only made on n 30th April, so yes!
Login to get fewer ads

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 10:05 - May 6 with 1904 viewsSalisburySaint

No idea
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 10:53 - May 6 with 1848 viewsarfurdent

time for a mass objection campaign

wonder if Age Concern & Saga would support it due to the mental cruelty being inflicted on us grey haired wrinklies being evicted into the wilderness

Plus the SMS PR gurus are probably banking on a lot of senior ST holders giving up so they get more youth coming in, which means full price STs and probably more business for the outlets around the ground
[Post edited 6 May 12:20]

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 11:52 - May 6 with 1774 viewsUTS1885

I don’t see this being anything too interesting, modifications to away end area, movement of current fan zone to northam area. Some new drink food zones in kingslsnd and chapel. Unsure on what looks like a fence, maybe not.
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 12:01 - May 6 with 1760 viewsdjsaint

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 11:52 - May 6 by UTS1885

I don’t see this being anything too interesting, modifications to away end area, movement of current fan zone to northam area. Some new drink food zones in kingslsnd and chapel. Unsure on what looks like a fence, maybe not.

Current fan zone is staying where it is, just being re-jigged.
New and improved fan zones for Northam and Kingsland, large external screens, large marquee at Northam with a stage, extra food & beverage outlets, official merchandise unit.
Will hugely improve what we have now.
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 12:37 - May 6 with 1718 viewsgrumpy

I think the club should be congratulated on improving the fans experience.
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 12:55 - May 6 with 1700 viewsdjsaint

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 12:37 - May 6 by grumpy

Absolutely 👍👏
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 15:43 - May 6 with 1583 viewsUTS1885

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 12:37 - May 6 by grumpy

They should only be interested in winning football matches and not buying overpiced drink and food.
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 16:28 - May 6 with 1545 viewsgrumpy

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 15:43 - May 6 by UTS1885

They should only be interested in winning football matches and not buying overpiced drink and food.

They have only lost 11 out of 46.
As food and drink,that should be better, I agree.
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 08:39 - May 7 with 1259 viewsSaintNick

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 16:28 - May 6 by grumpy

They have only lost 11 out of 46.
As food and drink,that should be better, I agree.

I have no problem with Saints putting up fan zones, if they charge what they do now for drink then they will find that they won't be that popular, however if they charge prices that are in line with the pubs in town then they will get business.

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 09:26 - May 7 with 1228 viewsarfurdent

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 08:39 - May 7 by SaintNick

I have no problem with Saints putting up fan zones, if they charge what they do now for drink then they will find that they won't be that popular, however if they charge prices that are in line with the pubs in town then they will get business.

once punters are at the stadium Saints know they have a captive audience and can charge premium prices

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 09:32 - May 7 with 1219 viewsTripleNiemi

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 09:26 - May 7 by arfurdent

once punters are at the stadium Saints know they have a captive audience and can charge premium prices

Only ‘captive’ really at half time; before or after the game they will still need to consider fans will be free to come and go as they please.

I am all for it to be honest even though unlikely to partake unless they get some decent booze on offer.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 09:41 - May 7 with 1218 viewsdjsaint

I used to arrive 5 mins before kickoff. This season been going over an hour before kickoff and there’s plenty of people about enjoying the outside areas at present, I’m sure the improvements will only increase those numbers!
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 09:46 - May 7 with 1212 viewsdjsaint

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 08:39 - May 7 by SaintNick

I actually think a lot of people (myself included) don’t really give a toss about paying a bit more as long as it tastes good and there’s a nice environment/buzz about the place!
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 09:48 - May 7 with 1210 viewsSaintNick

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 09:46 - May 7 by djsaint

I actually think a lot of people (myself included) don’t really give a toss about paying a bit more as long as it tastes good and there’s a nice environment/buzz about the place!

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating, from my experience at other grounds, fan zones are popular with those who like a bit of entertainment & the odd drink or two, quite often families or father with kids who are still not 18.

The more seasoned drinkers still stay in their usual pubs

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 10:06 - May 7 with 1199 viewsTripleNiemi

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 09:48 - May 7 by SaintNick

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating, from my experience at other grounds, fan zones are popular with those who like a bit of entertainment & the odd drink or two, quite often families or father with kids who are still not 18.

The more seasoned drinkers still stay in their usual pubs

Must admit, I don’t know if it were classed as a ‘fan zone’ or the like, but for away fans at the Amex, staying for beers after the game was handy before training it back in to Brighton centre. The fan zone etc at St Mary’s though is really gonna be geared for our fans though surely? As you say, most supporters will likely head back to the boozer of their choice I suspect anyway.

Good that the club are looking at trying to increase what’s on offer and revenues though imho.
[Post edited 7 May 10:13]

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 10:32 - May 7 with 1165 viewssaint901

For me this plan is a disaster.

I'm a Kingsland boy and having the away fans next to me is not welcome.

I also come in through the industrial estate (along with thousands of others) and if that route is not available, it means a detour.

(Presumably the bus from the station will also have to go elsewhere now?)

My typical match day experience is to arrive 15 minutes before the game, get in, get to my seat, stifle my frustration at our boring tactics, spend 20 minutes getting out of the stadium at the end, walk to the station in 25 minutes. and hopefully get the 5:30 or 5:40 train. This plan will put an end to that.
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 10:57 - May 7 with 1143 viewsTripleNiemi

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 10:32 - May 7 by saint901

For me this plan is a disaster.

I'm a Kingsland boy and having the away fans next to me is not welcome.

I also come in through the industrial estate (along with thousands of others) and if that route is not available, it means a detour.

(Presumably the bus from the station will also have to go elsewhere now?)

My typical match day experience is to arrive 15 minutes before the game, get in, get to my seat, stifle my frustration at our boring tactics, spend 20 minutes getting out of the stadium at the end, walk to the station in 25 minutes. and hopefully get the 5:30 or 5:40 train. This plan will put an end to that.

But you won’t need to rush back to the train station now will you since there will be cheap pilsners to throw down yer neck as well as the dancing girls on show?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024