Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby 12:01 - May 12 with 4364 viewsDannyPaddox

Let’s be Having Ya! (hic)
Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 13:08 - May 12 with 2794 viewsstowmarketrange

Then lose to either Southampton or wba in the final please.
Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 13:31 - May 12 with 2749 viewsDannyPaddox

Midday kick-offs on a Sunday. Just get the pools panel to 0-0 it and get on with the second leg.
Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 13:34 - May 12 with 2733 viewssdm1508

Can't really decide out of them lot who id want going up. Not Leeds, well because it's Leeds. Not Southampton because of Russell 'Pep Guardiola' Martin and his total football arrogance. WBA cos they've been there enough times. To probably Norwich just to watch them crash and burn again
Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 13:50 - May 12 with 2711 viewsHayesender

And with this new TV deal, we're gonna be having loads of these midday kick offs. Can't wait

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 13:56 - May 12 with 2690 viewsPeterHucker

Bollocks to Norwich.
Hate them even more than I hate Leeds.
Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 14:58 - May 12 with 2542 viewspaulparker

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 13:31 - May 12 by DannyPaddox

Midday kick-offs on a Sunday. Just get the pools panel to 0-0 it and get on with the second leg.

You would be proper angry being a Norwich fan
12pm kick off, and a blazing hot day , it’s just Sh1t
One of the worst things about modern football are these midday kick offs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 15:07 - May 12 with 2542 viewscheeseydane

Very hypotherical question, but having watched one play off game, and currently watching the next, how do you think we'd have performed in them giving our current form and impetus given the chance?
Personally I think we'd win them.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 20:58 - May 12 with 2347 viewsBlackCrowe

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 15:07 - May 12 by cheeseydane

Very hypotherical question, but having watched one play off game, and currently watching the next, how do you think we'd have performed in them giving our current form and impetus given the chance?
Personally I think we'd win them.

I think i make you right maybe. Both teams were set up to draw...reckon Marti would've done things a bit different.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 22:25 - May 12 with 2233 viewsdaveB

2 dreadful games, Norwich look bang average every time I see them, how did they get in the playoffs
Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 08:43 - May 13 with 2063 viewskingsburyR

I'd like Norwich to stay down as I think they are bang average. Plus I can't stand them or their fans!

If Southampton don't get promoted they have some serious financial issues so they can stay down as well as their squad will have to be pulled apart.

WBA i have no feelings for whatsoever but are beatable so they can stay down as well.

Leaving massive Leeds. The Liverpool of Yorkshire. I might as well cheer these tossers on so they can have a season in the Prem getting their arses handed to them.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 09:04 - May 13 with 2026 viewsdmm

It's shaping up to be the most unexciting play offs in many a year. Meh.
Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 09:34 - May 13 with 1976 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

I like the “The Lord is my Shepherd” big words painted on the grandstand at the Hawthorns. Saw if for the first during Covid when of course no crowds. I like the traditional ring to that plus Leeds are Leeds, Southampton need another year in championship to test their substance, and Norwich are a bit boring. So go WBA.

DonnieR

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 09:56 - May 13 with 1903 viewsterryb

The West Brom Southampton game was a better watch than Norwich Leeds, but it would have been impossible to be worse (or even as bad)!

What amazed me was that Darnell Furlong was making his 200th appearance for The baggies (although Wiki disagrees with the Sky commentator). An average of 40 games a season since he joined them.

For Darnell alone, I would like West Bromich to win the play offs, but I'm struggling to envisage it!
Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 09:58 - May 13 with 1894 viewsAntti_Heinola

Let's not forget our first semi at Wigan! One of the worst games in history. First legs often seem to be far too cagey, allowing the comms to trot out the nonsensical, 'you can't win it in the first leg, but you can lose it'; which, if you think about it too much, will make your head explode.
Of the four, only Albion looked to have much ambition I thought, but they're an average team (Reach still getting game time for them!) with a very good manager. I think Albion might do Southampton, and I think Leeds will beat Norwich.

Bare bones.

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 10:01 - May 13 with 1882 viewsNorthernr

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 09:58 - May 13 by Antti_Heinola

Let's not forget our first semi at Wigan! One of the worst games in history. First legs often seem to be far too cagey, allowing the comms to trot out the nonsensical, 'you can't win it in the first leg, but you can lose it'; which, if you think about it too much, will make your head explode.
Of the four, only Albion looked to have much ambition I thought, but they're an average team (Reach still getting game time for them!) with a very good manager. I think Albion might do Southampton, and I think Leeds will beat Norwich.

Doing away with the away goals rule basically does leave you wide open to teams doing exactly what we did in Wigan - kill the first leg altogether and make it a one off tie at home.
Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 10:12 - May 13 with 1822 viewsHayesender

Southampton is local (ish) to me, so they can stay down.

Norwich have Dick Menace, so they can stay down.

WBA have the vine pub, so they can stay down.

Leeds have Elland rd, which is an overpriced hole, so begrudgingly they can fook off to the promised land

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 10:57 - May 13 with 1740 viewsdannyblue

We want fewer teams with parachute payments in the division, I think...so I don't want WBA to get up and be reboosted...so I have to hold my nose and agree with wanting Leeds up.

Sheff Utd were dire, and are rumoured this morning to be bidding almost £10m for Sunderland's goalkeeper. We don't need WBA being anothe clubdoing that in a couple years as well.

Conversely, maybe we do...to reinvigorate that £5-10m good championship player market.
Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 10:58 - May 13 with 1735 viewsThe_Beast1976

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 10:12 - May 13 by Hayesender

Southampton is local (ish) to me, so they can stay down.

Norwich have Dick Menace, so they can stay down.

WBA have the vine pub, so they can stay down.

Leeds have Elland rd, which is an overpriced hole, so begrudgingly they can fook off to the promised land

As much as it pains me to say it, it's probably best for us in the short and longer term if Leeds go up. So Leeds it is please. Be funny to see them getting spanked again in the PL next year though (although I suspect that they'll stay up because Leicester and Ipswich will be coming straight back down, plus Forest)
Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 21:02 - May 16 with 1309 viewsSK_hoops

That's as good as Leeds in the final then.
Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 21:10 - May 16 with 1257 viewsdaveB

Norwich are so poor, playing like they usually do after they get promoted
[Post edited 16 May 21:11]
Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 21:34 - May 16 with 1133 viewsQPR_Hibs

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 21:10 - May 16 by daveB

Norwich are so poor, playing like they usually do after they get promoted
[Post edited 16 May 21:11]

Norwich playing so negatively. Back back sideways back. Dirty Leeds rightfully winning 4 nil.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 21:38 - May 16 with 1103 viewsHayesender

I suppose beating Leeds isn't for everyone

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 21:42 - May 16 with 1071 viewsHooparoo

I don’t care who goes up but at the end of the day Leeds got 90 points over the season so it’d be wrong for a team that got 10-15 points less to go up instead. Not a fan of playoffs - confected drama made for tv.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 21:49 - May 16 with 1039 viewsMrSheen

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 21:34 - May 16 by QPR_Hibs

Norwich playing so negatively. Back back sideways back. Dirty Leeds rightfully winning 4 nil.

Will they be the new Derby? Must be running low on funds soon.
Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 21:50 - May 16 with 1032 viewsdaveB

Up the Budgies in the Farke-Derby on 21:42 - May 16 by Hooparoo

I don’t care who goes up but at the end of the day Leeds got 90 points over the season so it’d be wrong for a team that got 10-15 points less to go up instead. Not a fan of playoffs - confected drama made for tv.

i love the playoffs, keeps the season alive in every league for multiple teams, if it was just top 3 go up the league would be dire imo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024