Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who are you voting for? 22:28 - Jun 12 with 6265 viewsSouthamptonfan

Who are you voting for?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 13 Jun 9:43]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Who are you voting for? on 13:06 - Jun 20 with 1116 viewsDorsetIan

Who are you voting for? on 11:55 - Jun 20 by PaleRider

I came across this on the Integrity Project website:

"These are good times for the hypocrite, the spineless, the shallow, the venal; for the zealot, the fanatic, the freak, and the fool.

"Wherever we look – in literature, in history, in the newspaper, to say nothing of closer to home – we find excellent examples of hypocrisy, corruption, plagiarism, fabrication, selling out and compromise. But then there are also the rarer cases of integrity maintained under extraordinary circumstances, but at the cost of all the niceties of social life."

When you judge which party to vote for you may want to consider the above!

These current tales of election date ‚insider‘ betting are a case in point. The greedy f*ckers just can’t help themselves.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Who are you voting for? on 13:25 - Jun 20 with 1094 viewsJellybaby

Who are you voting for? on 11:55 - Jun 20 by PaleRider

I came across this on the Integrity Project website:

"These are good times for the hypocrite, the spineless, the shallow, the venal; for the zealot, the fanatic, the freak, and the fool.

"Wherever we look – in literature, in history, in the newspaper, to say nothing of closer to home – we find excellent examples of hypocrisy, corruption, plagiarism, fabrication, selling out and compromise. But then there are also the rarer cases of integrity maintained under extraordinary circumstances, but at the cost of all the niceties of social life."

When you judge which party to vote for you may want to consider the above!

Pale Rider - true to your name - an angel sent to expose the follies of our time!

One such folly would be letting either of the traditional parties anywhere near the seat of power. We truly are run by a kakistocracy - a state or country run by the worst, least qualified or most unscrupulous citizens.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Who are you voting for? on 13:41 - Jun 20 with 1085 viewssaintmark1976

Who are you voting for? on 13:06 - Jun 20 by DorsetIan

These current tales of election date ‚insider‘ betting are a case in point. The greedy f*ckers just can’t help themselves.

What I find incomprehensible given the life style they already have is why any of the Tories concerned would bother.

In the case of the first M P that got found out it’s suggested that the bet was £100 at 5/1. Who in their right mind risks their reputation for a gain of just £500 ? After all it’s not exactly a life changing sum is it ?

I’ve no idea as to the sum allegedly gambled by the Director of Conservative Campaigns wife but unless it was a sum far in excess of the first M P’s punt it’s equally difficult to understand why she bothered.

Reference the member of Rishi Sunaks close protection team who it is alleged was arrested and suspended from duty for placing a bet. Would he by any chance be a member of The Metropolitan Police an organisation who I believe to be in Special Measures ?
[Post edited 20 Jun 13:45]
Who are you voting for? on 14:27 - Jun 20 with 1048 viewsmushinexile

Four people in the PM's inner circle have so far been outed in bookiegate. It appears to appear as though they may have known about the election date sufficiently long before we did to be able to have a little flutter on the outcome.
The offence of Cheating is defined in Section 42 of the Gambling Act 2005 and carries a maximum penalty of two years' imprisonment. Nice of Rishi (or whoever he told,) to have tipped them the wink but it turns out that he tipped them the black spot instead.
Corrupt to the last.
Who are you voting for? on 14:30 - Jun 20 with 1044 views1885_SFC

Just your normal, dirty, slimy MP's doing what they do best - looking after No1.

Old School is Cool

Who are you voting for? on 09:26 - Jun 22 with 871 viewskentsouthampton

Of all the hills they could have chosen to die on, the Tories have chosen William Hill.
Who are you voting for? on 09:28 - Jun 22 with 863 viewskentsouthampton

It's illegal to bet on anything if you already know the outcome regardless of the sum involved it usually carries a prison sentence.
Who are you voting for? on 11:07 - Jun 22 with 806 viewsBridders2

Who are you voting for? on 09:58 - Jun 19 by dirk_doone

Brexit is responsible for the big increase in illegal immigration, not Tony Blair. Whilst illegal immigration into the UK has increased massively since Brexit, in the same period it has decreased in the EU. The agreement in the EU that asylum seekers are sent back to the first country where they entered the EU, most often in Eastern Europe, where they are then pushed over the border back out of the EU altogether, means that the UK is now seen as the safest option for avoiding being sent back, and when interviewed as to why they leave France to come to the UK, that's what they will tell you.

Both Illegal immigration (and net migration, which is more than twice as high now as it was under Blair) were decreasing significantly in Blair's final year as PM after he did the following:

Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality (IAN) Act Parliamentary Act 2006 Mainly focused on immigration (rather than asylum), it included restrictions on appeal rights, sanctions on employers of unauthorized labor, and a tightening of citizenship rules.

Fair, Effective, Transparent and Trusted: Rebuilding Confidence in Our Immigration System Reform Strategy 2006 Created the arm's-length Border and Immigration Agency, which replaced the Immigration and Nationality Directorate on April 2, 2007.

Enforcing the Rules: A Strategy to Ensure and Enforce Compliance with Our Immigration Laws Policy Strategy 2007 Called for secure border control built on biometric visas and greater checks.

UK Borders Bill Parliamentary Bill 2007 Proposes police powers for immigration officers and a requirement that foreign nationals must have a Biometric Immigration Document (BID).

PS I'm not a fan of Tony Blair and I didn't vote for him but he was a lot more effective at controlling illegal immigration than Johnson, Truss or Sunak have been. Probably the worst culprit of the lot was Farage for his promotion of Brexit, which has caused the biggest increase in illegal immigration in our history.
[Post edited 19 Jun 10:47]

'Whilst illegal immigration into the UK has increased massively since Brexit, in the same period it has decreased in the EU.'
Looks like you've not noticed the problems Italy, Greece and southern Spain have had in the last 8 years.
Undoubtedly the Conservatives have been caught with their pants down in the last year with the massive increase in immigration, but they have moved quickly to stem the flow, Blair and Brown openly encouraged mass immigration much of it from the Indian sub continent and Africa as a political decision , they believe all immigratnts will vote Labour. Starmer is on record for supporting free movement and open borders.
Login to get fewer ads

Who are you voting for? on 11:30 - Jun 22 with 797 viewsBridders2

Who are you voting for? on 09:26 - Jun 22 by kentsouthampton

Of all the hills they could have chosen to die on, the Tories have chosen William Hill.

Nice one that'sfunny, but you can bet we'll be hearing of plenty of skullduggery from Labour MP's when they get their feet under the table. With Tories it always used to be sex scandals, Labour was always money scandals.
Who are you voting for? on 16:17 - Jun 22 with 714 viewssaintmark1976

Who are you voting for? on 11:30 - Jun 22 by Bridders2

Nice one that'sfunny, but you can bet we'll be hearing of plenty of skullduggery from Labour MP's when they get their feet under the table. With Tories it always used to be sex scandals, Labour was always money scandals.

“With Tories it always used to be sex scandals”.Not heard of Michelle Mone then Bridders2?

You know, the bra lady who I believe currently sits in the House of Lords as a Conservative.

My memory isn’t so good as it used to be, but wasn’t she ( perhaps still is ) under investigation by the National Crime Agency concerning a £200 million pound contract with the Government to supply PPE during Covid ?
Who are you voting for? on 19:11 - Jun 22 with 669 viewskentsouthampton

Who are you voting for? on 21:46 - Jun 22 with 624 viewssaint22

I find it incredible a third in here would vote for Farage
He is despicable, clueless, dangerous and partly responsible for Brexit which has made this country a laughing stock
Who are you voting for? on 09:37 - Jun 23 with 557 viewskentsouthampton

Who are you voting for? on 15:41 - Jun 23 with 462 viewsdirk_doone

Who are you voting for? on 14:27 - Jun 20 by mushinexile

Four people in the PM's inner circle have so far been outed in bookiegate. It appears to appear as though they may have known about the election date sufficiently long before we did to be able to have a little flutter on the outcome.
The offence of Cheating is defined in Section 42 of the Gambling Act 2005 and carries a maximum penalty of two years' imprisonment. Nice of Rishi (or whoever he told,) to have tipped them the wink but it turns out that he tipped them the black spot instead.
Corrupt to the last.

Many more being investigated now, and there were multiple bets placed by some of them, hoping to avoid detection by putting it all on at one bookmaker. It's almost as if it was organised.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/many-more-people-investigated-over-election

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Who are you voting for? on 17:57 - Jun 23 with 411 views1885_SFC

You'd never guess this fella is one of those caught up in the scam. Craig Williams, who is standing for the Conservatives in Montgomeryshire & Glyndwr, said he "Placed a flutter".

I mean... would you ever guess he was a Conservative MP by his looks alone?

Old School is Cool

Who are you voting for? on 17:25 - Jun 25 with 211 viewssaintmark1976

Who are you voting for? on 17:57 - Jun 23 by 1885_SFC

You'd never guess this fella is one of those caught up in the scam. Craig Williams, who is standing for the Conservatives in Montgomeryshire & Glyndwr, said he "Placed a flutter".

I mean... would you ever guess he was a Conservative MP by his looks alone?

Under pressure, having done nothing for days Rishi Sunak finally manages to summon up courage and disown this fella.

Mr Williams responds by issuing a statement saying that he has committed an error of judgement not a criminal offence.

Strange, because I would have thought that gambling on something knowing full well that there is only one possible outcome, would be seen by most fair minded people as simple cheating.

Cheating is an offence I believe under the 2005 Gambling Act which carries a maximum punishment of two years imprisonment.

If his constituents show him the door on July 4 his grubby attempt to make a quick £500 is going to prove one of the most costly wagers he will ever make.
Who are you voting for? on 18:17 - Jun 26 with 124 viewskentsouthampton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024