Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dear Mr Coleman 21:53 - Apr 25 with 1604 views49thseason

I understand you are an occasional contributor to this esteemed forum, I am sure you have, by now, got a fix on what you think is needed at Rochdale AFC but as a 50-odd seasons veteran of watching, frankly, mainly rubbish football I thought this would be a good time to drop a few suggestions into the mix in the hope of not adding more rubbish to my memory bank.
1. We have a wide pitch. Can we please sign a couple of wingers capable of beating a man and crossing a ball along the six yard line?
2. Would it be OK if those wingers were also capable of taking corners which make it into that area between the penalty spot and the six yard line on a regular basis?
3. A big brute of a centre forward would be good especially if Grimes stays.
4. A big brute of a centre half (or two) would be good too.
5. A goalkeeper big enough to mix it with L2 forwards should be on your list, preferably one with a loud voice who organises defences and can kick straight.
6. A midfielder capable of playing passes that do not always go sideways and by that I mean forwards not backwards.
7. Someone capable of putting the occasional free kick on target. Better still into the net.
8. Please do not sign anyone under 5’10” unless a footballing genius.
9. Please do not sign anyone who can’t run anymore — old heads are fine but not on the pitch.
10. Can someone please fix the broken floodlight bulbs?
11. If we are playing in blue and black again I would suggest maybe we use the yellow strip for night matches at home especially if (10.) proves too difficult.
12. Please, no more premiership academy loan players.
13. Please ensure all players are familiar with the expression “Get stuck in” and its implications.
14. If you get the opportunity to sign someone like that Argentinian git at Walsall please take it!
I will probably think of more but this will do for the time being, I expect other supporters can add to this list?
Regards
49th
PS Good luck!
Dear Mr Coleman on 21:57 - Apr 25 with 1582 viewsTalkingSutty

That female physio at Chelsea looks quite tasty, could we have one of them ?
Dear Mr Coleman on 23:25 - Apr 25 with 1425 viewsR442D

Its a good job you came up with all these ideas and suggestions, because I reckon without them, Mr Coleman would have really struggled.

After all he's only been managing for nearly 15 plus years.

But no seriously thank you for helping us get automatic promotion through first place in league 2.

You might even get a statue outside the club -but I'm sure you'll have a list of things you want to be done about it
Dear Mr Coleman on 00:13 - Apr 26 with 1369 viewsDaley_Lama

I've got a meeting in a couple of weeks as a "lessons learnt" from a project I've been on for 6 months.

"8. Please do not sign anyone under 5’10” unless a footballing genius."

That would have been on my one for this season at Rochdale without a doubt.

Anboy know how tall Joey T is?

Poll: DF in or out

Dear Mr Coleman on 00:18 - Apr 26 with 1366 viewsdrand792

Dear Mr Coleman on 21:57 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

That female physio at Chelsea looks quite tasty, could we have one of them ?

Too right! I get a groin strain every time I see her sat on the bench, no wonder Cahill was limpin last night !
Dear Mr Coleman on 10:29 - Apr 26 with 1155 viewsmario

point 6 stands out to me

"A midfielder capable of playing passes that do not always go sideways and by that I mean forwards not backwards. " how can you not play backwards at times? so 50 years of watching you have learnt fuc.k all unless you have been watching sunday league were you only play forward
Dear Mr Coleman on 10:54 - Apr 26 with 1110 viewsdingdangblue

Point 8 : David Perkins, nowhere near 5'10, not a football genius but a bloody good un. And as for lightbulbs and what kit we wear on a Tuesday night! Im sure Coleman has better things to worry about.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dear Mr Coleman on 11:02 - Apr 26 with 1094 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Once again, you feel the need to drop into your post the 'how long I've been supporting Dale' tag....like that makes your point more valid than others.

I'd suggest that as someone who has watched 50 years of what you describe as 'mainly rubbish' then you are probably the least qualified person to impart advice to the Manager of a professional team!

Point to note....football as a game has changed quite a bit tactically in the last 50 years.
Dear Mr Coleman on 11:09 - Apr 26 with 1077 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Easy guys......we all know where the op is coming from,cut him some slack.
Login to get fewer ads

Dear Mr Coleman on 11:18 - Apr 26 with 1062 viewsfitzochris

I actually think a lot of the OP's points with regards to the type of players we need are valid. Sadly, those players will be on the shopping list of every manager in the division and most of them will have a bigger budget than JC.

We'll get what we can get and no more. I at least trust JC in this type of market more than I ever did Steve Eyre. For that reason alone I'm confident we'll get at least a few hidden gems that are under the radar of most other managers.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Dear Mr Coleman on 12:07 - Apr 26 with 1005 viewsdannyuk

Point 14. could be taken a few ways, to make my point i'm taking it to mean that you think he's a good player.

So I'd like to add

15. Sign a diving winger or striker!! Every team has one now, we don't get enough penalties.
Dear Mr Coleman on 12:13 - Apr 26 with 985 viewsD_Alien

Point 0 - I doubt we'll see any further contributions from JC on here, but it'd be interesting to know if, having had a taste, he can't resist a quick peek every now and then!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dear Mr Coleman on 12:52 - Apr 26 with 909 viewsTVOS1907

Dear Mr Coleman on 12:07 - Apr 26 by dannyuk

Point 14. could be taken a few ways, to make my point i'm taking it to mean that you think he's a good player.

So I'd like to add

15. Sign a diving winger or striker!! Every team has one now, we don't get enough penalties.

That's because we don't get in the opposition's penalty area often enough.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024