Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willbutts Lane on Friday 15:18 - Dec 18 with 8357 viewsDale_Iain

Thought I'd make a thread about this to see what sort of response it gets.

Me and a few mates have decided we're going to go in the Willbutts Lane for the Cheltenham game. The thinking is that, as we all know, the noise that can be made in there is a lot better than the other stands, and we think that this is a time where the team needs as much support as we can give them.

Basically I'm just trying to encourage anyone who feels the same way to join us in there. Let's really make an effort and get behind them. We call ourselves Rochdale supporters...so let's support them!
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 15:19 - Dec 18 with 6553 viewsjudd

Don't you be going waking me up from my slumber, noisy gets.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 16:42 - Dec 18 with 6449 viewssandylaner1

quite tempted / 10

dat view
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 16:53 - Dec 18 with 6433 viewsrochdale1987

I'm up for it mate, if a better atmosphere doesn't get anything out of the players and we still get turned over, we are f*cked though, still worth an effort lol
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 17:30 - Dec 18 with 6379 viewsYouTubeDale

Good idea.

Let's make some noise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 17:35 - Dec 18 with 6363 viewsRalphs12

Good idea
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 17:38 - Dec 18 with 6350 viewssweetcorn

Sounds a good plan.

Has my insider got it right, theres a bar in there? tempted. can't remember if it has, only time i've been in that stand is during the play-offs vs rushden.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 17:41 - Dec 18 with 6351 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 17:38 - Dec 18 by sweetcorn

Sounds a good plan.

Has my insider got it right, theres a bar in there? tempted. can't remember if it has, only time i've been in that stand is during the play-offs vs rushden.

Yup its like the type of bar you'd see at Away ground like Plymouth

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 17:50 - Dec 18 with 6322 viewssandylaner1

Sounds a good plan.

its the away stand, course it has a fookin bar.

and you can use the chair infront as a foot rest
Login to get fewer ads

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 17:54 - Dec 18 with 6316 viewssweetcorn

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 17:50 - Dec 18 by sandylaner1

its the away stand, course it has a fookin bar.

and you can use the chair infront as a foot rest

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 17:56 - Dec 18 with 6311 viewsMoonyDale

Sounds a good plan.

As far as I can gather the bar under the stand is just for away fans, don't quote me on it though. I went in there last season but couldn't get a drink of an alcoholic nature

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 17:56 - Dec 18 with 6301 viewssandylaner1

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 17:54 - Dec 18 by sweetcorn

hes posted the 2 best welcome to beast entries on youtube

number 1 is going to win
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 18:05 - Dec 18 with 6283 viewssweetcorn

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 17:56 - Dec 18 by sandylaner1

hes posted the 2 best welcome to beast entries on youtube

number 1 is going to win

Prefer the second one myself, not enough people in the first one for it to be effective.

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 18:13 - Dec 18 with 6268 viewssweetcorn

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 17:56 - Dec 18 by MoonyDale

As far as I can gather the bar under the stand is just for away fans, don't quote me on it though. I went in there last season but couldn't get a drink of an alcoholic nature

You gotta be sh*ttin me.

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 18:15 - Dec 18 with 6265 viewsMoonyDale

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 18:13 - Dec 18 by sweetcorn

You gotta be sh*ttin me.

No am serious, things may have changed for this season but back end of last season I couldn't get near the bar. Only the away bods could drink the good stuff.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 18:50 - Dec 18 with 6230 viewsDale_Iain

Glad to see that there are others who like the idea. Spread the word. Really think that if we can get a good atmosphere going in there it may just help. Let's forget all this negativity and get behind them like proper supporters do.
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 19:15 - Dec 18 with 6201 viewsmaybee

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 18:50 - Dec 18 by Dale_Iain

Glad to see that there are others who like the idea. Spread the word. Really think that if we can get a good atmosphere going in there it may just help. Let's forget all this negativity and get behind them like proper supporters do.

Sorry to bring bad news, but the Willbutts Lane stand won't be open to Dale fans on Friday.

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 19:17 - Dec 18 with 6186 viewsRalphs12

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 19:15 - Dec 18 by maybee

Sorry to bring bad news, but the Willbutts Lane stand won't be open to Dale fans on Friday.

say what
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 19:20 - Dec 18 with 6174 viewsDaley_Lama

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 19:15 - Dec 18 by maybee

Sorry to say but that made me chuckle.

I assume it's because of staffing levels, no need to open it and incur stewards when the crowd will be 1 man and his dog.

Poll: DF in or out

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 19:30 - Dec 18 with 6152 viewsTalkingSutty

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 19:20 - Dec 18 by Daley_Lama

Sorry to say but that made me chuckle.

I assume it's because of staffing levels, no need to open it and incur stewards when the crowd will be 1 man and his dog.

Whats wrong with the TDS stand ? Change the plan and all pile behind the goals (plus you can have a beer). There are plenty of want to be singers behind the goal the problem is there isnt enough of us to make much noise.
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 19:30 - Dec 18 with 6148 viewsChaffRAFC

I like the intention behind the idea Iain, I just don't think it will work. I think all you'd get is the noise spread further apart. You'd have a handful of singers in the Sandy, myself included, a handful in the Pearl Street and a handful in the Willbutts. If we wanna get behind the team vocally, it needs to be together. We make more noise away from home than we do at Spotland because we're all together and there's no way people will all go in one place at home, we have two stands, adding another splits it further.

Like the idea of a big effort in supporting Rochdale, I just reckon we go the extra mile where we were.

Personally, if it were up to me, I'd shut the Sandy, give the Pearl Street to away fans and put the two sets of "behind the goal supporters" in the Willbutts but that will never happen for various reasons.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 19:37 - Dec 18 with 6125 viewsTalkingSutty

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 19:30 - Dec 18 by ChaffRAFC

I like the intention behind the idea Iain, I just don't think it will work. I think all you'd get is the noise spread further apart. You'd have a handful of singers in the Sandy, myself included, a handful in the Pearl Street and a handful in the Willbutts. If we wanna get behind the team vocally, it needs to be together. We make more noise away from home than we do at Spotland because we're all together and there's no way people will all go in one place at home, we have two stands, adding another splits it further.

Like the idea of a big effort in supporting Rochdale, I just reckon we go the extra mile where we were.

Personally, if it were up to me, I'd shut the Sandy, give the Pearl Street to away fans and put the two sets of "behind the goal supporters" in the Willbutts but that will never happen for various reasons.

So no Dale fans behind either goal when playing at home, thats a strange one Chaff
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 19:47 - Dec 18 with 6098 viewsBlueDutch

It is a good idea, but the club won't allow it I don't think. Perhaps if we sing the "Norman Whitehead" song repeatedly, Mr Coleman will get the message as regards width. But then again Barcelona don't have wingers.
Is Ron Aldo obsolete then?

upthedale.nl

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 19:51 - Dec 18 with 6086 viewsChaffRAFC

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 19:37 - Dec 18 by TalkingSutty

So no Dale fans behind either goal when playing at home, thats a strange one Chaff

True but there's no other way round it given our attendances. We've got a ground that holds just over 10,000 and we've got about 2,000 fans to accomodate. To get them together in a bid to make more noise is difficult given the size of the Pearl Street and there's not enough space to be sat with family and friends. We have a 3,000 seated stand that is empty every home game.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 19:52 - Dec 18 with 6080 viewsClivert

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 19:47 - Dec 18 by BlueDutch

It is a good idea, but the club won't allow it I don't think. Perhaps if we sing the "Norman Whitehead" song repeatedly, Mr Coleman will get the message as regards width. But then again Barcelona don't have wingers.
Is Ron Aldo obsolete then?

With our 'Scouse Signing Policy' we may have a chance of signing this 'Aldo'?

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 20:59 - Dec 18 with 6033 viewsDale_Iain

Shame if it is shut. Do you know the reason why, Maybee? Because I'm pretty sure that the club said at the start of the season, when they said the stand would be open to home fans, that the only two exceptions would be the Bradford and Port Vale games, due to the larger followings.

And Chaff the idea (wasn't actually my idea by the way) was to, hopefully, get the Sandy Laners who like to sing and the TDS lot who like to sing all together in the best stand for acoustics, quite like an away game. I hope it will be open, but if not, we're back to the usual problem of the TDS hardly ever making an effort and the Sandy Lane trying occasionally but the sound barely reaching the halfway line. We always say "Oh we'll make a big effort for this one", but it hardly ever happens. That's why I think it's worth trying something different here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024