Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bobby Grant 23:14 - Apr 10 with 6806 viewsSpotty

Am I right in thinking his court date is tomorrow, if so will he still be eligible for selection on Saturday.
Bobby Grant on 23:18 - Apr 10 with 4815 viewsTalkingSutty

I dont see why not.
Bobby Grant on 00:05 - Apr 11 with 4702 viewsShun

It didn't seem to be affecting him too much!
Bobby Grant on 00:13 - Apr 11 with 4647 viewsDaley_Lama

Guilty - i doubt it
Not guilty - i expect so

It's a serious charge espcially for a footballer and my only hope is that the right decision is made in court i.e if he did it, he's guilty, if he didn't do it, he's not guilty.

Poll: DF in or out

Bobby Grant on 00:20 - Apr 11 with 4626 viewsSpotty

Bobby Grant on 00:13 - Apr 11 by Daley_Lama

Guilty - i doubt it
Not guilty - i expect so

It's a serious charge espcially for a footballer and my only hope is that the right decision is made in court i.e if he did it, he's guilty, if he didn't do it, he's not guilty.

I'm not gonna pretend to know about the ins and outs of our legal system, but I can't see how he can proven guilty with one word against the other. He must be a thick skinned man, to have such a potentially, career threatening appearance tomorrow, and still turn in a performance like that of tonight.
Bobby Grant on 01:00 - Apr 11 with 4585 viewsMoonyDale

Bobby Grant on 00:20 - Apr 11 by Spotty

I'm not gonna pretend to know about the ins and outs of our legal system, but I can't see how he can proven guilty with one word against the other. He must be a thick skinned man, to have such a potentially, career threatening appearance tomorrow, and still turn in a performance like that of tonight.

Thick skinned? Or maybe a steadfast belief in his own innocence..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Bobby Grant on 12:27 - Apr 11 with 4309 viewsdeeplishblue

Bobby Grant on 01:00 - Apr 11 by MoonyDale

Thick skinned? Or maybe a steadfast belief in his own innocence..

Regardless of whether he gets a ban for the Daggers incident - does anyone think he should be "rested" for the rest of the season?

I think he is on 9 yellows for the season? - if he gets another one won't he get a lenghy ban plus a couple more games because of the two reds?

Wheras if he gets to the end of the season without being booked the yellow cards will be scrubbed?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Bobby Grant on 12:30 - Apr 11 with 4292 viewsdale1907

Bobby Grant on 12:27 - Apr 11 by deeplishblue

Regardless of whether he gets a ban for the Daggers incident - does anyone think he should be "rested" for the rest of the season?

I think he is on 9 yellows for the season? - if he gets another one won't he get a lenghy ban plus a couple more games because of the two reds?

Wheras if he gets to the end of the season without being booked the yellow cards will be scrubbed?

Without doubt he's a class act and we don't look as dangerous without him. If he is guilty though will he be sacked/sold or do we stick with him?

Anyway whatever he's done it hasn't got anything on that murderer that will be playing on Saturday
Bobby Grant on 12:40 - Apr 11 with 4257 viewsStudiousDale

In a strange way his red cards may have done us some good this season - he's only been able to play in 33 games yet has scored 15. If he had played all 46 you would probably be looking at around 25 goals, which could well have seen a bigger club come in for him in the summer (yes, and also maybe us in the playoffs).

Hope, and expect him to be cleared due to lack of evidence tomorrow/whenever the trial is.
Login to get fewer ads

Bobby Grant on 13:33 - Apr 11 with 4153 viewsdingdangblue

Bobby Grant on 12:27 - Apr 11 by deeplishblue

Do the totting up of yellow card bans carry over to the next season? Never really thought about it before - always thought there was a cut off point where you couldn't get a ban unless you got a straight red.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bobby Grant on 13:40 - Apr 11 with 4128 viewsdeeplishblue

Bobby Grant on 13:33 - Apr 11 by dingdangblue

Do the totting up of yellow card bans carry over to the next season? Never really thought about it before - always thought there was a cut off point where you couldn't get a ban unless you got a straight red.

Yellow cards don't carry over to next season - but bans do - I think !

So my point is why risk a 5 or 6 game ban for Bobby when we are already safe?

I am hoping that Bobby has got his head sorted now under Hill - but we might come up against an overly officious ref in one of the remaining games..

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Bobby Grant on 15:55 - Apr 11 with 3958 viewsThe_DJ

At the MOTM presentation last night the 'compare' announced Bobby was playing with great freedom.
Hope we was right.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Bobby Grant on 15:58 - Apr 11 with 3937 viewsColDale

The deadline for 10 yellow cards is this coming Sunday. After that, there will be no two match ban for hitting ten yellows.
Bobby Grant on 16:06 - Apr 11 with 3901 viewsTVOS1907

Bobby Grant on 15:55 - Apr 11 by The_DJ

At the MOTM presentation last night the 'compare' announced Bobby was playing with great freedom.
Hope we was right.

Were there any meerkats there?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bobby Grant on 16:09 - Apr 11 with 3883 viewsSpotty

Bobby Grant on 16:06 - Apr 11 by TVOS1907

Were there any meerkats there?

or an annoying fat welsh man.
Bobby Grant on 21:32 - Apr 11 with 3702 viewsRockerdale97

Bobby Grant on 13:40 - Apr 11 by deeplishblue

Yellow cards don't carry over to next season - but bans do - I think !

So my point is why risk a 5 or 6 game ban for Bobby when we are already safe?

I am hoping that Bobby has got his head sorted now under Hill - but we might come up against an overly officious ref in one of the remaining games..

You dont get extra games if you get banned for yellow cards. You only get extra games if you pick up another red card.
Bobby Grant on 22:04 - Apr 11 with 3623 viewsD_Dale

Bobby Grant on 12:40 - Apr 11 by StudiousDale

In a strange way his red cards may have done us some good this season - he's only been able to play in 33 games yet has scored 15. If he had played all 46 you would probably be looking at around 25 goals, which could well have seen a bigger club come in for him in the summer (yes, and also maybe us in the playoffs).

Hope, and expect him to be cleared due to lack of evidence tomorrow/whenever the trial is.

The court tomorrow is likely to hear BG's plea (presumably, not guilty) and then adjourn until the trial, probably in a few weeks' time.

Since Hill's arrival, Grant hasn't had another yellow card (but there was the red against Chesterfield), yet if 'resting' him on Saturday removed the risk of a booking and a two-match suspension it would seem sensible. On the other hand, Hill won't want to change a winning team.
Bobby Grant on 22:14 - Apr 11 with 3582 viewsdingdangblue

Bobby Grant on 22:04 - Apr 11 by D_Dale

The court tomorrow is likely to hear BG's plea (presumably, not guilty) and then adjourn until the trial, probably in a few weeks' time.

Since Hill's arrival, Grant hasn't had another yellow card (but there was the red against Chesterfield), yet if 'resting' him on Saturday removed the risk of a booking and a two-match suspension it would seem sensible. On the other hand, Hill won't want to change a winning team.

I don't think that there is a chance of Bobby not playing on Saturday.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bobby Grant on 22:39 - Apr 11 with 3505 viewsSpotty

Bobby Grant on 22:14 - Apr 11 by dingdangblue

I don't think that there is a chance of Bobby not playing on Saturday.

As long as he's eligible, there is no chance hill would ever consider resting him.

You cant rest him cause he might get a booking, any player could go out there and get a red card, its how the game works.
Bobby Grant on 23:47 - Apr 11 with 3397 viewsD_Dale

According to Soccerbase, yesterday's goals were the 50th and 51st he's scored in league and cup games. It states there that Scunny paid Accy £260k for him in the summer of 2010. Is the fee Dale paid last summer still unknown, or can it be worked out from Dale's financial statement?
Bobby Grant on 23:49 - Apr 11 with 3390 viewssandylaner1

would love for tazzy to be in the public gallery and do an awayday review
Bobby Grant on 23:59 - Apr 11 with 3378 viewsroccydaleian

Bobby Grant on 23:49 - Apr 11 by sandylaner1

would love for tazzy to be in the public gallery and do an awayday review

From what i can gather, the Tazbot has been moaning like fook on Facebook about season tickets prices. Some things never change.
Bobby Grant on 00:05 - Apr 12 with 3366 viewsTVOS1907

Bobby Grant on 23:47 - Apr 11 by D_Dale

According to Soccerbase, yesterday's goals were the 50th and 51st he's scored in league and cup games. It states there that Scunny paid Accy £260k for him in the summer of 2010. Is the fee Dale paid last summer still unknown, or can it be worked out from Dale's financial statement?

Wasn't that financial statement up to March 2012 or have I imagined that?

Bobby Grant on 00:06 - Apr 12 with 3365 viewsSpotty

Bobby Grant on 23:59 - Apr 11 by roccydaleian

From what i can gather, the Tazbot has been moaning like fook on Facebook about season tickets prices. Some things never change.

I've got no time for that whining attention seeking idiot, he can stay away for as long as he wants in my opinion, what fan spends one in 3 posts complaining against the club in some capacity, the away day reviews were a tad amusing though.
Bobby Grant on 00:06 - Apr 12 with 3365 viewsTVOS1907

Bobby Grant on 23:59 - Apr 11 by roccydaleian

It's one of life's challenges trying to reason with him.

I'd rather listen to Kiss.

Not really.

Bobby Grant on 00:20 - Apr 12 with 3345 viewsroccydaleian

Bobby Grant on 00:06 - Apr 12 by TVOS1907

It's one of life's challenges trying to reason with him.

I'd rather listen to Kiss.

Not really.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024