Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
lLower Loft should not be the family stand 20:03 - May 12 with 9041 viewstiberiuskirk

I believe strongly that the poor decision to make it so has cost the club in many ways, particularly in atmosphere this season, and Phil Beard having promised to look at the decision again at the fans forum clearly has decided to keep it so for next season. This again I believe is a mistake. Every club needs a hardcore very vocal home end, and the lower loft was just that. This season any singing started in and around R block just died very quickly, in the past it would carry right across the lower loft, and this would encourage other areas around the ground to join in making Loftus Rd feel like a fortress at times. The away fans on many occasions, including today have just taken the piss, and that hurts. I ask MR BEARD / MR FERNANDES think again !!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 13:44 - May 15 with 947 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 23:07 - May 14 by daveB

it's about getting the balance right, there should be a place for the aggressive sort and also a place for people to bring kids and feel safe, i'm not sure why it has to be one or the other

daveB ........ aggressive sort ???? So those who were kids, but now adults, and those without kids are the aggressive sort ..... never saw myself as that, just passionate about my QPR !!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 13:59 - May 15 with 935 viewsdaveB

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 13:44 - May 15 by tiberiuskirk

daveB ........ aggressive sort ???? So those who were kids, but now adults, and those without kids are the aggressive sort ..... never saw myself as that, just passionate about my QPR !!

that's not what i'm saying at all
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 14:27 - May 15 with 917 viewsA40Bosh

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 13:59 - May 15 by daveB

that's not what i'm saying at all

DaveB

I am trying not to bite because the space cadet is merely taking the piss out of anyone who tries to respond to his initial post to articulate the difference between adults and their offspring behaving as "reasonable adults" in a part of the stadium that is designated the family stand.

However, it's difficult not to respond to the jibes, I was never saying that the family stand should be in the LL, I was never saying that it was right to turf out ST holders from the LL without a prior consultation and I am not saying that the entire stadium should be a sanitised church like environment with everyone being happy clappy.

I was stating a personal experience of being in the LL when it was already designated the family stand and the behaviour of SOME adults and some teenagers on the 2-3 occasions I took my daughters when they were aged 7-10.

At the end of the day it is the club's loss (ok so they might only be losing 3 x under 16 season tickets each year) and it is my girls loss because they might have ended up enjoying supporting QPR, but to be honest it suits me down to the ground because as they wont come, then I can leave all the women at home, trot off to the pub on my own, not have to worry about looking after three kids in the Springbox before and after the game and I can come and go as I please.

I stand at the back of SAR as I said, it is not designated a family stand and if the club and the stewards do nothing about the swearing and aggressive behaviour of some of the supporters in SAR, it is no skin off my nose especially if others are prepared and happy to bring their kids into that atmosphere.

All I am saying is, if there is a family stand to encourage the next generation to support out club, then lets respect it for what it is trying to do, be it that until we move into a new stadium, one section or another are going to be inconvenienced by either being booted out of their seats to make way for others, or being totally inconvenienced by being told by club officials that screaming that Bosingwa is a "fooooking Chelsea Cnt" at 90db in front of everyone in that stand is not acceptable behaviour.

Get used to the "prawn sandwich brigade" supporters taking up half of the new stadium because anyone who thinks that the mythical existing 35K hardcore QPR fans who all went out for a day out in Cardiff 10 years ago this mornth will come rushing back to buy a season ticket is probably in for a wake up call.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 14:38 - May 15 with 910 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 14:27 - May 15 by A40Bosh

DaveB

I am trying not to bite because the space cadet is merely taking the piss out of anyone who tries to respond to his initial post to articulate the difference between adults and their offspring behaving as "reasonable adults" in a part of the stadium that is designated the family stand.

However, it's difficult not to respond to the jibes, I was never saying that the family stand should be in the LL, I was never saying that it was right to turf out ST holders from the LL without a prior consultation and I am not saying that the entire stadium should be a sanitised church like environment with everyone being happy clappy.

I was stating a personal experience of being in the LL when it was already designated the family stand and the behaviour of SOME adults and some teenagers on the 2-3 occasions I took my daughters when they were aged 7-10.

At the end of the day it is the club's loss (ok so they might only be losing 3 x under 16 season tickets each year) and it is my girls loss because they might have ended up enjoying supporting QPR, but to be honest it suits me down to the ground because as they wont come, then I can leave all the women at home, trot off to the pub on my own, not have to worry about looking after three kids in the Springbox before and after the game and I can come and go as I please.

I stand at the back of SAR as I said, it is not designated a family stand and if the club and the stewards do nothing about the swearing and aggressive behaviour of some of the supporters in SAR, it is no skin off my nose especially if others are prepared and happy to bring their kids into that atmosphere.

All I am saying is, if there is a family stand to encourage the next generation to support out club, then lets respect it for what it is trying to do, be it that until we move into a new stadium, one section or another are going to be inconvenienced by either being booted out of their seats to make way for others, or being totally inconvenienced by being told by club officials that screaming that Bosingwa is a "fooooking Chelsea Cnt" at 90db in front of everyone in that stand is not acceptable behaviour.

Get used to the "prawn sandwich brigade" supporters taking up half of the new stadium because anyone who thinks that the mythical existing 35K hardcore QPR fans who all went out for a day out in Cardiff 10 years ago this mornth will come rushing back to buy a season ticket is probably in for a wake up call.

We never needed a dedicated family stand in the past to encourage kids to support the R's, and we do not need one now or in the future, unless the future is prawn sandwiches, in which case us ' aggressive ' types will take our cheese rolls and sod off to watch Hendon FC or Enfield Town !!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 15:07 - May 15 with 895 viewsA40Bosh

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 14:38 - May 15 by tiberiuskirk

We never needed a dedicated family stand in the past to encourage kids to support the R's, and we do not need one now or in the future, unless the future is prawn sandwiches, in which case us ' aggressive ' types will take our cheese rolls and sod off to watch Hendon FC or Enfield Town !!

Maybe arguing against you is a pointless exercise, its not supposed to be us and them, its simply consideration that for QPR to survive in the new world of football business things have to change and that is accepting a different set up IN ONE PART OF THE GROUND ONLY.

You can argue until the cows come home whether or not we needed a family stand in the past - there was one, there is one, but its not properly managed; but it's irrelevant as far as I am concerned because the game is no longer a game, its global business and the business goals of the people who now own the club and therefore dictate what goes on now, has changed in the last 15 years.

You cannot simply say we do not need one, now or in the future, because if the club does not do something positive to engage more families and supporters in general going forward, there will be only 8K of us rattling around in a 35K stadium on a November evening in a Championship game is we are not back in the Premier League if and when we are in a new stadium..

As I have said before this theory that, if you kick all the kids and their prawn sandwich eating parents out of the lower loft, then suddenly the whole loft end top and bottom decides to turn into the W12 Choir and spend every game singing their hearts out and creating this mythical magic atmosphere is rubbish. It does not matter whether there are 8K or 18K inside Loftus Road and who is sat where. When the football is rubbish, when the manager is not supported, when the owners are hated, which is pretty much what it was for 6 or so out of the last 10 years, then the atmosphere is either non existent or negative. The only exception is when Chelsea come to LR or one of the big 4 do and we appear to be making a fist of it.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 15:11 - May 15 with 898 viewsroleybirkin

The more I read thread, the more I actually think most people are in agreement that Loftus Road and QPR as a club need a family enclosure or stand. I also agree with that wholeheartedly.

My thinking, though, is purely around the logistics of where the family area should reside.

I still feel strongly that the Loftus Road end of the ground should be vocal and core QPR supporters. Lets put the fear of god into the opposition and try and draw that ball into the opposition net.

My view would be that the lower school end should be reserved for children with or without their parents and this would have involved moving NO season ticket holders as it had never previously been used for season ticket sales. Amazing, but this decision would have caused not one iota of complaint, fuss or acrimony for the aforesaid reason, and likely would have been welcomed as a resoundingly great idea and Phillip Beard would have been toasted in celebration of delivering a great idea into reality.

The upper school end could also be transformed into a home end and hey presto QPR fans have control and command of both ends of LR. Now lets give the opposition a roasting vocally.

The Ellerslie Road stand blocks W through to X could then become the away supporters residence. Giving the away fans the worst facilities and seats seems to make so much sense it clearly decision to make.

All QPR fans would have been satisfied and no harm done. Sounds too easy.
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 15:17 - May 15 with 895 viewsdaveB

yes we did, we've had a family stand since the 80's, I used to sit in it as a kid and it did help me want to come back every week.

It's nothing to do with prawn sandwiches at all
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 15:19 - May 15 with 893 viewsCliff

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 15:11 - May 15 by roleybirkin

The more I read thread, the more I actually think most people are in agreement that Loftus Road and QPR as a club need a family enclosure or stand. I also agree with that wholeheartedly.

My thinking, though, is purely around the logistics of where the family area should reside.

I still feel strongly that the Loftus Road end of the ground should be vocal and core QPR supporters. Lets put the fear of god into the opposition and try and draw that ball into the opposition net.

My view would be that the lower school end should be reserved for children with or without their parents and this would have involved moving NO season ticket holders as it had never previously been used for season ticket sales. Amazing, but this decision would have caused not one iota of complaint, fuss or acrimony for the aforesaid reason, and likely would have been welcomed as a resoundingly great idea and Phillip Beard would have been toasted in celebration of delivering a great idea into reality.

The upper school end could also be transformed into a home end and hey presto QPR fans have control and command of both ends of LR. Now lets give the opposition a roasting vocally.

The Ellerslie Road stand blocks W through to X could then become the away supporters residence. Giving the away fans the worst facilities and seats seems to make so much sense it clearly decision to make.

All QPR fans would have been satisfied and no harm done. Sounds too easy.

So let's get this straight; there are no QPR fans in Ellerslie Road blocks W through X?

Also which house are you going to knock down to provide an entrance to this new away block? or are you suggesting that blocks R through V share a common exit with the away fans?

As for the lower school end being the family zone, although this wouldn't displace any ST holders, it would reduce away fans allocation (which might not be a problem) but would also leave the kids sitting right under the away fans, and exiting right next to them.
Login to get fewer ads

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 15:40 - May 15 with 878 viewstoboboly

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 15:19 - May 15 by Cliff

So let's get this straight; there are no QPR fans in Ellerslie Road blocks W through X?

Also which house are you going to knock down to provide an entrance to this new away block? or are you suggesting that blocks R through V share a common exit with the away fans?

As for the lower school end being the family zone, although this wouldn't displace any ST holders, it would reduce away fans allocation (which might not be a problem) but would also leave the kids sitting right under the away fans, and exiting right next to them.

The upper and lower school ends have opposite exits, lower is next to the club shop and upper is on the other side. The school end is the best option, it is covered, displaces no-one and allows a fair few people to take part with their kids if they so wish.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 15:54 - May 15 with 869 viewsroleybirkin

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 15:19 - May 15 by Cliff

There are QPR fans in ER blocks W thru X. I am one of a group of 8 that sit in that section, and to a man we hate that area. It is a disgrace quite frankly that we have to sit there. QPR (the club) sell blocks and blocks of seats to ticket agencies and all we get around us are tourists who often support the away team. Some even wear the away shirts and take photos of each other with pride wearing Liverpool or Man U tops in a supposedly QPR section. And they care little about the game or QPR as they arrive late, leave for the bar after 30 minutes and get back late 2nd half etc.,
Give the ER tourist end to away

No need to knock any houses down. That end of the ER has access in and out of the ground. I know as I use it to leave the stadium after home games. It is at the end of the row of houses and the school. Meets health and safety standards as a formal access point in and out of the ground. No need for any common access in or out. Home fans get the middle entrance. Away fans the access at there end of the ER stand.

Having seen my points above there would be no children sitting below away fans. But, for the record many grounds have home fans above away fans (which do have children in there ranks) such as West Ham, Sheff Utd , Liverpool and many more.

Giving the away fans ER seating allows the club to allocate on a team by team basis as you purely move the mesh required across seating to be moved along. It solves so many problems not least giving away fans a taste of the worst facilities I have seen bar Rotherham.
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 18:37 - May 15 with 841 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 15:07 - May 15 by A40Bosh

Maybe arguing against you is a pointless exercise, its not supposed to be us and them, its simply consideration that for QPR to survive in the new world of football business things have to change and that is accepting a different set up IN ONE PART OF THE GROUND ONLY.

You can argue until the cows come home whether or not we needed a family stand in the past - there was one, there is one, but its not properly managed; but it's irrelevant as far as I am concerned because the game is no longer a game, its global business and the business goals of the people who now own the club and therefore dictate what goes on now, has changed in the last 15 years.

You cannot simply say we do not need one, now or in the future, because if the club does not do something positive to engage more families and supporters in general going forward, there will be only 8K of us rattling around in a 35K stadium on a November evening in a Championship game is we are not back in the Premier League if and when we are in a new stadium..

As I have said before this theory that, if you kick all the kids and their prawn sandwich eating parents out of the lower loft, then suddenly the whole loft end top and bottom decides to turn into the W12 Choir and spend every game singing their hearts out and creating this mythical magic atmosphere is rubbish. It does not matter whether there are 8K or 18K inside Loftus Road and who is sat where. When the football is rubbish, when the manager is not supported, when the owners are hated, which is pretty much what it was for 6 or so out of the last 10 years, then the atmosphere is either non existent or negative. The only exception is when Chelsea come to LR or one of the big 4 do and we appear to be making a fist of it.

A40Bosh, whatever you may think of me and my throw back to the 70's / 80's Rangers loving friends, we fought for the very survival of this club on several occasions over the past years, you came across as someone who may just have enjoyed the title ' fulham park rangers ' ! we fight on for what is right, lay down if you wish !!

Well made points Toboboly, and Roleybirkin, thank you !!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:30 - May 15 with 828 viewsdaveB

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 18:37 - May 15 by tiberiuskirk

A40Bosh, whatever you may think of me and my throw back to the 70's / 80's Rangers loving friends, we fought for the very survival of this club on several occasions over the past years, you came across as someone who may just have enjoyed the title ' fulham park rangers ' ! we fight on for what is right, lay down if you wish !!

Well made points Toboboly, and Roleybirkin, thank you !!

i don't think anyone is saying you are not wanted, maybe i've missed something but why is it such a big issue to try and find a balance and welcome anyone who wants to come?

I think everyone agrees the family stand moves were dealt with badly last summer but we can't go back in time now and it's probably best to now just move on and try and find the best solution for everyone.

I just think the idea that lower loft has been home of a great atmosphere for the last 20 years before the family stand came in is complete nonsense and if we changed it back tomorrow the atmosphere woud be no different if we were losing every week
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:31 - May 15 with 827 viewswombat

Well maybe the club are listening to the fans finally , I sent an email to andy Rees at the club in ref to the family stand and a compromise maybe which could work for both the club and the fans , I've posted this previously , well I rec and email from andy today asking if I'd be free for a chat Friday afternoon . I will of course report back any positive outcome to the members of the board

Poll: which is your favouite foot

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:39 - May 15 with 821 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:30 - May 15 by daveB

i don't think anyone is saying you are not wanted, maybe i've missed something but why is it such a big issue to try and find a balance and welcome anyone who wants to come?

I think everyone agrees the family stand moves were dealt with badly last summer but we can't go back in time now and it's probably best to now just move on and try and find the best solution for everyone.

I just think the idea that lower loft has been home of a great atmosphere for the last 20 years before the family stand came in is complete nonsense and if we changed it back tomorrow the atmosphere woud be no different if we were losing every week

daveB I have to disagree with you, the loft has in the past really been a twelfth man at times, sitting in other parts of the stadium this season looking at the loft, it was very clear to see how much that was missed this term. We simple need that strong vocal end to the stadium.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:42 - May 15 with 818 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:31 - May 15 by wombat

Well maybe the club are listening to the fans finally , I sent an email to andy Rees at the club in ref to the family stand and a compromise maybe which could work for both the club and the fans , I've posted this previously , well I rec and email from andy today asking if I'd be free for a chat Friday afternoon . I will of course report back any positive outcome to the members of the board

Hi wombat, any movement by the club is welcome, please do update us after your meeting, thank you !

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:43 - May 15 with 816 viewsdaveB

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:39 - May 15 by tiberiuskirk

daveB I have to disagree with you, the loft has in the past really been a twelfth man at times, sitting in other parts of the stadium this season looking at the loft, it was very clear to see how much that was missed this term. We simple need that strong vocal end to the stadium.

i've sat in the loft for years and just think thats a myth. The Q, P and R blocks are always loud and when we have big games the whole loft joins in but for most games and in a season where we are crap every week the loft is always dead, wasn't exactly jumping for most of our promotion season
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:51 - May 15 with 812 viewswombat

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:43 - May 15 by daveB

i've sat in the loft for years and just think thats a myth. The Q, P and R blocks are always loud and when we have big games the whole loft joins in but for most games and in a season where we are crap every week the loft is always dead, wasn't exactly jumping for most of our promotion season

Disagree dave , not saying the loft was rocking every game for sure but it's defiantly lively , sitting there since the new rules were implemented its similar to a morgue in atmosphere , and he's the football hasn't helped but neither has the introduction of the family stand

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:55 - May 15 with 810 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:43 - May 15 by daveB

Sorry no way you are plain wrong, yes most songs start in and around r block, but would be quickly picked up by the loft ie the chorus. This season there was more life in a hospital morgue than the loft, and the empty spaces at times was embarrassing. Friends of mine who visit loftus rd as away supporters have always commented on the great support we give from the loft end in the past, but this season they thought they were the home team.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:07 - May 15 with 805 viewsWatford_Ranger

Watford have their family stand right next to the away fans- hasn't been a problem as far as I know.

If we really need a family stand and it really has to be in the Loft of all places, it's too big an area to be given over entirely. The half nearest SAR would suffice wouldn't it?
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:37 - May 15 with 796 viewsdaveB

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:55 - May 15 by tiberiuskirk

Sorry no way you are plain wrong, yes most songs start in and around r block, but would be quickly picked up by the loft ie the chorus. This season there was more life in a hospital morgue than the loft, and the empty spaces at times was embarrassing. Friends of mine who visit loftus rd as away supporters have always commented on the great support we give from the loft end in the past, but this season they thought they were the home team.

great support always comes from the corners never the lower loft, sorry but it's a mth to suggest otherwise and so many awful games this season means the atmosphere gas been dire regardless of who sits where, the lower loft wasn't a family stand in 2001 last time we were relegated, can you honestly say the atmosphere was great back then?
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:42 - May 15 with 790 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:37 - May 15 by daveB

great support always comes from the corners never the lower loft, sorry but it's a mth to suggest otherwise and so many awful games this season means the atmosphere gas been dire regardless of who sits where, the lower loft wasn't a family stand in 2001 last time we were relegated, can you honestly say the atmosphere was great back then?

You clearly go to a different ground to me, see, hear, and feel things that just aint true .... enjoy the prawn sarnies !!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 21:08 - May 15 with 779 viewsTracy_S

Emma and my cousins that she goes to QPR with were booted out of the LL last season. They were forced to go and sit in ellerslie (S block) and were allowed to have those seats at silver prices (it is gold) because the club could not offer them any alternative for last season. They hate it there with a vengeance and want to move back to the lower loft to their old seats in row B but of course are not allowed to because of this ridiculous family stand nonsense.

They therefore were willing to forego sitting in an area in which they grew up supporting QPR by deciding to buy season tickets in the other silver area that the club advertises on their season ticket info...that being the school end lower. When my cousin enquired to the box office she was told season tickets are not available in that area. Wtf???? So the idea of making part of the school end a family stand is a non starter because one cannot buy season tickets in there anyway in spite of the club showing this as a silver area on their season ticket bumph.

They now have no idea where they are going to sit as R block is nearly sold out (only spaces are up the top and they don't want to be stuck at the back) and South Africa is a no no with the lack of atmosphere and being too far away from the pitch.

So what are they meant to do??? They're going down there tomorrow to see what options are open to them but I don't hold out much hope for the girls. Great way for lifelong supporters to be treated is all I can say.

Oh and who is this Andy bloke at the club? I''m way out of touch with what is going on and who is who at the club these days but what I do know is that this thread needs to be printed off and shown to this Andy bod..to Philip Beard..to Tony Fernandes and any other Tom Dick or Harry at QPR who dein to care about the fans these days!!!
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 21:21 - May 15 with 767 viewsroleybirkin

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 21:08 - May 15 by Tracy_S

Emma and my cousins that she goes to QPR with were booted out of the LL last season. They were forced to go and sit in ellerslie (S block) and were allowed to have those seats at silver prices (it is gold) because the club could not offer them any alternative for last season. They hate it there with a vengeance and want to move back to the lower loft to their old seats in row B but of course are not allowed to because of this ridiculous family stand nonsense.

They therefore were willing to forego sitting in an area in which they grew up supporting QPR by deciding to buy season tickets in the other silver area that the club advertises on their season ticket info...that being the school end lower. When my cousin enquired to the box office she was told season tickets are not available in that area. Wtf???? So the idea of making part of the school end a family stand is a non starter because one cannot buy season tickets in there anyway in spite of the club showing this as a silver area on their season ticket bumph.

They now have no idea where they are going to sit as R block is nearly sold out (only spaces are up the top and they don't want to be stuck at the back) and South Africa is a no no with the lack of atmosphere and being too far away from the pitch.

So what are they meant to do??? They're going down there tomorrow to see what options are open to them but I don't hold out much hope for the girls. Great way for lifelong supporters to be treated is all I can say.

Oh and who is this Andy bloke at the club? I''m way out of touch with what is going on and who is who at the club these days but what I do know is that this thread needs to be printed off and shown to this Andy bod..to Philip Beard..to Tony Fernandes and any other Tom Dick or Harry at QPR who dein to care about the fans these days!!!

I completely concur with your view Tracy, and echo the sentiment you have written.
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 21:44 - May 15 with 753 viewswombat

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 21:08 - May 15 by Tracy_S

Tracy they aren't the only ones affected Unfortunatly , so will many who don't qualify neat season due to the family groups not qualifying anymore. So they will have to take pot luck where they end up sitting next season or do like many others not bother going. Andy is the communications officer I believe some sort of inbtweener the fans and Phil beard

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 21:57 - May 15 with 741 viewstoboboly

Tracy, the reason they couldn't buy a ST in the school end is because currently it will be used in many games for away fans. However they should change this for next season and only give the top tier of the school end to away fans and use the bottom tier for a family stand.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024