Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
lLower Loft should not be the family stand 20:03 - May 12 with 8351 viewstiberiuskirk

I believe strongly that the poor decision to make it so has cost the club in many ways, particularly in atmosphere this season, and Phil Beard having promised to look at the decision again at the fans forum clearly has decided to keep it so for next season. This again I believe is a mistake. Every club needs a hardcore very vocal home end, and the lower loft was just that. This season any singing started in and around R block just died very quickly, in the past it would carry right across the lower loft, and this would encourage other areas around the ground to join in making Loftus Rd feel like a fortress at times. The away fans on many occasions, including today have just taken the piss, and that hurts. I ask MR BEARD / MR FERNANDES think again !!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 22:30 - May 15 with 910 viewsdaveB

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:42 - May 15 by tiberiuskirk

You clearly go to a different ground to me, see, hear, and feel things that just aint true .... enjoy the prawn sarnies !!

can't stand prawns, atmosphere in the lower loft was great for chelsea, fulham, sunderland and city games this season which by coincidence was the only ones we played well in

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 23:20 - May 15 with 896 viewsstowmarketrange

We haven't got enough children's groups to fill up the whole of the loft yet.We didn't have enough last season in the premier league,and there isn't going to be a mass influx of families who want to sit in the rain to watch us play the likes of Doncaster and Wigan,so it makes sense to do something about it now.
There is no answer that will please everyone,but something needs to be done ASAP.
I sit in ML with my daughter so it doesn't directly affect me yet,but both of us enjoy watching the game with an atmosphere.As more people will be forced to move in future years,it will more of a problem fitting them to the already full stands.
Sometimes it feels like we're singing on our own,and in the end,we just give up and watch in silence.
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 23:50 - May 15 with 889 viewsSussexR

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 21:08 - May 15 by Tracy_S

Emma and my cousins that she goes to QPR with were booted out of the LL last season. They were forced to go and sit in ellerslie (S block) and were allowed to have those seats at silver prices (it is gold) because the club could not offer them any alternative for last season. They hate it there with a vengeance and want to move back to the lower loft to their old seats in row B but of course are not allowed to because of this ridiculous family stand nonsense.

They therefore were willing to forego sitting in an area in which they grew up supporting QPR by deciding to buy season tickets in the other silver area that the club advertises on their season ticket info...that being the school end lower. When my cousin enquired to the box office she was told season tickets are not available in that area. Wtf???? So the idea of making part of the school end a family stand is a non starter because one cannot buy season tickets in there anyway in spite of the club showing this as a silver area on their season ticket bumph.

They now have no idea where they are going to sit as R block is nearly sold out (only spaces are up the top and they don't want to be stuck at the back) and South Africa is a no no with the lack of atmosphere and being too far away from the pitch.

So what are they meant to do??? They're going down there tomorrow to see what options are open to them but I don't hold out much hope for the girls. Great way for lifelong supporters to be treated is all I can say.

Oh and who is this Andy bloke at the club? I''m way out of touch with what is going on and who is who at the club these days but what I do know is that this thread needs to be printed off and shown to this Andy bod..to Philip Beard..to Tony Fernandes and any other Tom Dick or Harry at QPR who dein to care about the fans these days!!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Andy is Customer Relations. He was previously in the box office and it sounds like his new role has been put in place because Philip Beard was receiving letters/emails from fans and never replied. That was case with me, I wrote 3 or 4 times about the Lower Loft and never had a reply.

When we met Andy before the Newcastle game to discuss the Lower Loft he seemed genuine. The more of us that communicate with him on this the more chance of a change. If we do nothing, things will stay as they are and each year more people will be kicked out of the Lower Loft as their kids grow too old to qualify for sitting there.

So write to him, email him and pester him until we get a result.
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 09:01 - May 16 with 865 viewsA40Bosh

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 18:37 - May 15 by tiberiuskirk

A40Bosh, whatever you may think of me and my throw back to the 70's / 80's Rangers loving friends, we fought for the very survival of this club on several occasions over the past years, you came across as someone who may just have enjoyed the title ' fulham park rangers ' ! we fight on for what is right, lay down if you wish !!

Well made points Toboboly, and Roleybirkin, thank you !!

Why are you making this about you and personalising it?
It's about the fans, where have I said anything about you personally? I dont even know who you are. You are arguing about not having the family stand in LL and further more you dont see a need for one anywhere. I am arguing that in the modern game and to build a fan base for the future that would have more than 8K home fans at a game when we are not in the Premier League we should make the stadium and the future stadium accessible to all. I did not say make all the stadium accessible to all fans, just a small part that is considered family friendly.

Why do you want to start a dick waving competition about who is a proper Rangers fan. My mum was brought up on White City Estate, my parents had their wedding reception in the General Smuts in 66. I was taken to every home game by my old man from when I was two and apparently used to walk around the house singing Roooodkneee the whole time. I have supported the club for over 40 years and threw money in to the buckets like everyone else. What's your point? Fulham Park Rangers supporter? - Are you seriously taking the piss?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:12 - May 16 with 833 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 22:30 - May 15 by daveB

can't stand prawns, atmosphere in the lower loft was great for chelsea, fulham, sunderland and city games this season which by coincidence was the only ones we played well in

daveB, you make my point for me, great atmosphere equals good on the pitch performance, last season the lower loft delivered that twelfth man many times, and that helped the team over the line, this season it rarely happened, and though the team has been nothing to write home about, i believe some defeats may have been draws, and some draws may have been wins if that lower loft roar was there !

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:25 - May 16 with 830 viewsAgedR

I hark from the upper loft, but, last season, as fans were being chucked out of the lower loft and I qualified for the family stand, due to my littlun, I moved down.

Loftus Rd has been an odd ground for a while, as atmosphere generally comes from either corner of the home end and sometimes snakes around.

In my view the problem isn't the family season ticker holders, but, the lack of them. Which means that tickets were available to occasionals or neutrals in this area. I haven't sat next to the same person twice this season.

If the lower is to remain family, a sensible area needs to sectioned off for it. To allow the remains to be filled with regulars who like a shout irrespective.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:25 - May 16 with 829 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 09:01 - May 16 by A40Bosh

Why are you making this about you and personalising it?
It's about the fans, where have I said anything about you personally? I dont even know who you are. You are arguing about not having the family stand in LL and further more you dont see a need for one anywhere. I am arguing that in the modern game and to build a fan base for the future that would have more than 8K home fans at a game when we are not in the Premier League we should make the stadium and the future stadium accessible to all. I did not say make all the stadium accessible to all fans, just a small part that is considered family friendly.

Why do you want to start a dick waving competition about who is a proper Rangers fan. My mum was brought up on White City Estate, my parents had their wedding reception in the General Smuts in 66. I was taken to every home game by my old man from when I was two and apparently used to walk around the house singing Roooodkneee the whole time. I have supported the club for over 40 years and threw money in to the buckets like everyone else. What's your point? Fulham Park Rangers supporter? - Are you seriously taking the piss?

Please see your earlier posts in regard to tone of message.
My parents arrived here in 1959 seeking work, long hours, little pay, they had fak all to do with QPR, probably didnt even know of it. 1971 bother comes to first game through work friends, never looked back. Brought his little for the first time 1973, he never loved back. Loved being in that mix of adults, youths, and kids, that was the loft. Kids became youths, became adults, had kid, brought them to the loft, and so on. For me that is the spirit of the loft. Sorry but the mix didnt damage me, I like my football real and raw, not the sanitized product that is being pushed down our necks, this far no further ......... !

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:29 - May 17 with 796 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:31 - May 15 by wombat

Well maybe the club are listening to the fans finally , I sent an email to andy Rees at the club in ref to the family stand and a compromise maybe which could work for both the club and the fans , I've posted this previously , well I rec and email from andy today asking if I'd be free for a chat Friday afternoon . I will of course report back any positive outcome to the members of the board

Hi wombat, anything to report to the masses from the chat with Andy Rees ?? thx

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

Login to get fewer ads

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 21:09 - May 17 with 786 viewswombat

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 20:29 - May 17 by tiberiuskirk

Hi wombat, anything to report to the masses from the chat with Andy Rees ?? thx

Hi mate nothing positive I'm sorry to say . Spoke to andy for around 45 mins and he wanted to carry on but it wasn't a good day at work today for a long chat.

Crux of the conversation was the family stand obviously with the main points being people being chucked out with no warning , fans being put into areas of the ground when those areas were already pretty full , and the idea of moving the family area to the edges of the lower loft .

Simple fact is they re listening to the fans more but the decision stays . Andy said they report back regularly to the board with what the fans are saying and maybe if more people were to contact him things might change next season.

Also bought up the viagogo ticket deal that you DON'T need to have a child with you or prove one is part of your group to buy a ticket via viagogo so it makes the scheme look pretty stupid , he said stewards were being informed to check tickets more closely next season so expect anyone who buys a ticket for the lower loft to be asked where's your junior ?

It's a flawed concept and its here to stay I'm sorry to say
But in defence of andy he was very approchable and open to suggestions which I hope he will pass on to the powers that be and maybe it might change the following season

Poll: which is your favouite foot

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 12:37 - May 18 with 747 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 21:09 - May 17 by wombat

Hi mate nothing positive I'm sorry to say . Spoke to andy for around 45 mins and he wanted to carry on but it wasn't a good day at work today for a long chat.

Crux of the conversation was the family stand obviously with the main points being people being chucked out with no warning , fans being put into areas of the ground when those areas were already pretty full , and the idea of moving the family area to the edges of the lower loft .

Simple fact is they re listening to the fans more but the decision stays . Andy said they report back regularly to the board with what the fans are saying and maybe if more people were to contact him things might change next season.

Also bought up the viagogo ticket deal that you DON'T need to have a child with you or prove one is part of your group to buy a ticket via viagogo so it makes the scheme look pretty stupid , he said stewards were being informed to check tickets more closely next season so expect anyone who buys a ticket for the lower loft to be asked where's your junior ?

It's a flawed concept and its here to stay I'm sorry to say
But in defence of andy he was very approchable and open to suggestions which I hope he will pass on to the powers that be and maybe it might change the following season

Thx wombat for yor personal effort, the fight goes on everyone, justice will be served !!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 12:54 - May 18 with 737 viewsTGRRRSSS

Surely we don't really need a family stand, the ground is fundementally too small, I know there's the argument about language etc but frankly we managed for years and years, at a bigger ground easier to do, but at LR it's costing fans, and costing money.
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 13:06 - May 18 with 727 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 12:54 - May 18 by TGRRRSSS

Surely we don't really need a family stand, the ground is fundementally too small, I know there's the argument about language etc but frankly we managed for years and years, at a bigger ground easier to do, but at LR it's costing fans, and costing money.

100 % agree, but it looks like Mr Beard does not want to admit he got it very wrong !

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 13:31 - May 18 with 723 viewsTGRRRSSS

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 13:06 - May 18 by tiberiuskirk

100 % agree, but it looks like Mr Beard does not want to admit he got it very wrong !

There's something of the Comical Ali about Beard personally think we should move him aside to focus on this new ground business - and get someone in like Devlin as Chief exec.
Or Saksena maybe but Devlin would be my choice, knows the club, knows the game.
lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 13:37 - May 18 with 720 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 13:31 - May 18 by TGRRRSSS

There's something of the Comical Ali about Beard personally think we should move him aside to focus on this new ground business - and get someone in like Devlin as Chief exec.
Or Saksena maybe but Devlin would be my choice, knows the club, knows the game.

Devlin is the man, konws the history, club, football, F- ing good at his job, and is a Ranger !!!!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 15:18 - May 18 with 702 viewswombat

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 13:37 - May 18 by tiberiuskirk

Devlin is the man, konws the history, club, football, F- ing good at his job, and is a Ranger !!!!

I'm sure there is somebody living in Poland who would love mark to come back to LR he's dog fecking mental if he did

Poll: which is your favouite foot

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:13 - May 18 with 678 viewstiberiuskirk

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 15:18 - May 18 by wombat

I'm sure there is somebody living in Poland who would love mark to come back to LR he's dog fecking mental if he did

Not a fan then ?

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

lLower Loft should not be the family stand on 19:24 - May 18 with 677 viewsjo_qpr63

Football is not like a trip to the park. Couple of seasons ago i had to take my kids out of the game 10 minutes into match against Watford,as it was getting a bit nasty.We were the wrong end of Ellerslie near school end.
This season as we came out of the station a few of us got started on by Villa supporters in front of my kids. They hid in the shops for a bit.
With all police,rowdy fans etc, its reasuring for my kids when they get into the stadium and sit with just QPR supporters.
I'm not convinced that having just a family area makes much differance to their experiance at football, as long as they can get a drink and hotdog at somepoint.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024