Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Ings 21:05 - Dec 4 with 2374 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11700/12151143/

Ralph said it - "more monies". Is greed tempting Ings away?
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 21:06]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Danny Ings on 21:33 - Dec 4 with 2331 viewsA1079

The longer and more protracted it becomes the less likely it is that he intends to stay. If he chooses to leave it will have a devastating impact on Ralph and the club and any intention of moving to that next level. If he stays, then it could be a real telling platform for bigger and better things at the club. I cannot see Ralph wanting it to drag on too long.
Danny Ings on 21:38 - Dec 4 with 2328 viewsSaintsforeverj

Danny Ings on 21:33 - Dec 4 by A1079

The longer and more protracted it becomes the less likely it is that he intends to stay. If he chooses to leave it will have a devastating impact on Ralph and the club and any intention of moving to that next level. If he stays, then it could be a real telling platform for bigger and better things at the club. I cannot see Ralph wanting it to drag on too long.

Ralph is basically saying to Ings, if you want to go, fine let us take the big money in January. If you want to stay, great hurry up and commit. And I totally agree with that stance. We don't want this dragging out and Ings going for free at the end of his contract. He needs to make up his mind for the benefit of SFC (the club he supports).

Danny Ings on 22:18 - Dec 4 with 2277 viewsA1079

Danny Ings on 21:38 - Dec 4 by Saintsforeverj

Ralph is basically saying to Ings, if you want to go, fine let us take the big money in January. If you want to stay, great hurry up and commit. And I totally agree with that stance. We don't want this dragging out and Ings going for free at the end of his contract. He needs to make up his mind for the benefit of SFC (the club he supports).

Completely agree Saintsforeverj and with Ralph's stance.
Danny Ings on 22:57 - Dec 4 with 2247 views1885_SFC

Just pay him what he wants - even if it's a club record. He's worth every penny.

Old School is Cool

Danny Ings on 09:09 - Dec 5 with 2081 viewsSaintNick

Danny Ings on 22:57 - Dec 4 by 1885_SFC

Just pay him what he wants - even if it's a club record. He's worth every penny.

Sadly we just cant pay him what he could get elsewhere, the question is where could he go that would better his circumstances, of the Big Six I would say Liverpool, Manchester City, Spurs & Chelsea would not be in the running, that would leave just Arsenal & Man Utd

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Danny Ings on 09:38 - Dec 5 with 2061 viewsBicester_North

Danny Ings on 09:09 - Dec 5 by SaintNick

Sadly we just cant pay him what he could get elsewhere, the question is where could he go that would better his circumstances, of the Big Six I would say Liverpool, Manchester City, Spurs & Chelsea would not be in the running, that would leave just Arsenal & Man Utd

Why Arsenal but not Spurs?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Danny Ings on 10:16 - Dec 5 with 2044 viewsSaintsforeverj

Danny Ings on 09:09 - Dec 5 by SaintNick

I have seen rumours that it's Spurs who want him. Spurs pay big money, like for Bale, they need another top striker to go with Kane and they have a good chance of winning the league. And I wonder what a certain Hojbjerg is saying to him.

It would be disappointing though, if Ings jumped ship. We rescued him after all his injuries and, after it went wrong at a big club. But the money and trophies are probably flickering in front of his eyes.

Danny Ings on 10:22 - Dec 5 with 2039 viewsIngskneeslide

Would be a shame if he left as he has obvious quality and is a local lad (not that that means much nowadays). But if he does go then I’m confident that we have a manager who will continue to improve us which is far more important than one player. My view is he’s probably off but it would be nice to be proved wrong.

There’s no point in getting upset about players leaving these days as 99% are greedy mercenaries anyway - just enjoy them while they’re here if they’re any good. Whatever happens with Ings we will always have his knee slide in front of the Fratton End to remember him by
Login to get fewer ads

Danny Ings on 13:03 - Dec 5 with 1935 viewsTimSaint

Danny Ings on 10:16 - Dec 5 by Saintsforeverj

I have seen rumours that it's Spurs who want him. Spurs pay big money, like for Bale, they need another top striker to go with Kane and they have a good chance of winning the league. And I wonder what a certain Hojbjerg is saying to him.

It would be disappointing though, if Ings jumped ship. We rescued him after all his injuries and, after it went wrong at a big club. But the money and trophies are probably flickering in front of his eyes.

I'm not convinced Spurs are really that interested in Ings. Of course they would like him, but they have Kane, Son, Bale, Moura, and Vinicius (on loan for the season from Benfica).

I don't think it was a coincidence that their interest occurred just before we played them, so I put that down to the usual Mourinho tactics, rather than genuine interest.

I am also not sure they would be able to afford him. Even with Levy's famed bargaining powers, his fee would still be in excess of £50m. He is 28, in his prime, English, an International and was 2nd top Prem scorer last season.

As for other teams, 4 or 5 could afford him, but despite his scoring feats of last season, I very much doubt he would be first choice. Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea already have plenty of options up front. Perhaps Arsenal and Everton do too.

It is therefore down to Ings himself and what he wants. Regular football, good money and the chance to star in a potentially top 6-10 team that you support - or a bit more money at a club that may challenge, but he'd get less game time and would have to move away from the area he was brought up in.

Personally, I think he is better off at Saints. He looks like he is enjoying his time here and is in a good place.

If he decides that he does want to go, then just tell us, so we can sell him for top dollar !!

TimSaint

Danny Ings on 18:33 - Dec 5 with 1826 viewsBerber

He ran down his contract at Burnley a la Viduka at Leeds and Middlesbrough. He'll be able to get a signing on fee as well as a good salary. Viduka too kept mum until it was obvious what he was doing, then insisted there was nothing wrong with sticking to the contract, which, technically, is correct. Hopefully it is just brinksmanship on his and his agents part, but the behaviour history is there so don't be surprised.
Danny Ings on 18:46 - Dec 5 with 1805 viewsBicester_North

Danny Ings on 18:33 - Dec 5 by Berber

He ran down his contract at Burnley a la Viduka at Leeds and Middlesbrough. He'll be able to get a signing on fee as well as a good salary. Viduka too kept mum until it was obvious what he was doing, then insisted there was nothing wrong with sticking to the contract, which, technically, is correct. Hopefully it is just brinksmanship on his and his agents part, but the behaviour history is there so don't be surprised.

The agent will be pushing all out for a big move, no doubt. They get right in the mind of the player so even if Ings feels happy with staying he’ll have that voice put in his head.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Danny Ings on 20:46 - Dec 5 with 1736 viewssaint22

Danny Ings on 13:03 - Dec 5 by TimSaint

I'm not convinced Spurs are really that interested in Ings. Of course they would like him, but they have Kane, Son, Bale, Moura, and Vinicius (on loan for the season from Benfica).

I don't think it was a coincidence that their interest occurred just before we played them, so I put that down to the usual Mourinho tactics, rather than genuine interest.

I am also not sure they would be able to afford him. Even with Levy's famed bargaining powers, his fee would still be in excess of £50m. He is 28, in his prime, English, an International and was 2nd top Prem scorer last season.

As for other teams, 4 or 5 could afford him, but despite his scoring feats of last season, I very much doubt he would be first choice. Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea already have plenty of options up front. Perhaps Arsenal and Everton do too.

It is therefore down to Ings himself and what he wants. Regular football, good money and the chance to star in a potentially top 6-10 team that you support - or a bit more money at a club that may challenge, but he'd get less game time and would have to move away from the area he was brought up in.

Personally, I think he is better off at Saints. He looks like he is enjoying his time here and is in a good place.

If he decides that he does want to go, then just tell us, so we can sell him for top dollar !!

I am not sure where he would go
Liverpool again? City unlikely, Chelsea no, Man U or Spurs maybe?
Danny Ings on 21:04 - Dec 5 with 1720 viewskingslandstand1

Danny Ings on 18:33 - Dec 5 by Berber

That's worrying
Danny Ings on 13:00 - Dec 8 with 1436 views1885_SFC

It's no coincidence that with it being all square at half time last night - the introduction of Ingsy at the break and his subsequent goal won us the points.

Break the bank to keep him Saints!

Old School is Cool

Danny Ings on 23:18 - Dec 8 with 1239 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Danny Ings on 18:46 - Dec 5 by Bicester_North

The agent will be pushing all out for a big move, no doubt. They get right in the mind of the player so even if Ings feels happy with staying he’ll have that voice put in his head.

Only Bicester North has realized and has nailed the most important problem concerning Inge's future in football! I am on record as wondering WHY Saints committed £20M on a talented but fragile body that Inge's still has and now 2 years older.

I have now to omit that -- I was totally wrong as he has brought not only goals but has the ability to lift the whole team - a quality that would be sadly missed ( but appose the idea - to pay him whatever he wants )
THE real problem is his AGENT and hangers ONS .... It is in all THEIR interests to persuade Danny to move on - and will be constantly bending his ear to do just that!
It seems that loyalty is not an important consideration nowadays - But Saints did " take a chance on Danny " and it has paid off for both parties. I can appreciate that a footballer's life is a short one , and he has to do the best for himself & his family ... but from all reports he is happy with Saints and his family is also settled, and am sure that It would be fantastic should he commit his future to Saints . BUT how strong is Danny? With his relationship with the Sc urge of modern footballers POWERFUL OVERPAID AGENTS!
I'm right behind Ralph's position - So how does Danny really feel? - he still has the same doubtful body concerns - that has not and will not ever disappear ! Let's hope that sense and loyalty wins the day, and we can look forward to improving our stature in the premiership.

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Danny Ings on 11:23 - Dec 9 with 1090 viewskernow

He"ll be sold.
Danny Ings on 11:45 - Dec 9 with 1064 viewsBerber

Danny Ings on 11:23 - Dec 9 by kernow

He"ll be sold.

He can afford to wait until January next year. The club can put him up for sale, but he doesn't have to move unless it suits (Hoiberg). I'm sure he'll give his all until the end of his contract.
Danny Ings on 11:56 - Dec 9 with 1048 viewskernow

Danny Ings on 11:45 - Dec 9 by Berber

He can afford to wait until January next year. The club can put him up for sale, but he doesn't have to move unless it suits (Hoiberg). I'm sure he'll give his all until the end of his contract.

If the owners receive an acceptable offer he'll be sold.
Danny Ings on 12:00 - Dec 9 with 1041 viewsBerber

Danny Ings on 11:56 - Dec 9 by kernow

If the owners receive an acceptable offer he'll be sold.

Only if he wants to be, and that means to a club he wants to join. There were plenty of clubs would have signed Viduka, both times, but he decided he wanted to see out his contract.
Danny Ings on 12:03 - Dec 9 with 1037 viewskernow

Danny Ings on 12:00 - Dec 9 by Berber

Only if he wants to be, and that means to a club he wants to join. There were plenty of clubs would have signed Viduka, both times, but he decided he wanted to see out his contract.

Begs the question why he hasn't signed up yet?
Danny Ings on 12:27 - Dec 9 with 1019 viewsSonicBoom

You never know with these things. Whatever happens he will want the best deal he can get. He's not going to come out and say "I really want to stay" as that'll undermine his bargaining position. He may well come out and say it afterwards.
If he does want to go then you can't blame him, why not go and try to win something or play in the biggest games if you can.
What his value would be is interesting there are so many factors. Length left on his contract, his age, how much the buying club really wants him etc etc. Where would he go, I can only really think Arsenal at the moment but I'm not sure he would satisfy their entitled fanbase.
Danny Ings on 13:24 - Dec 9 with 959 viewsBison

Danny Ings on 12:27 - Dec 9 by SonicBoom

You never know with these things. Whatever happens he will want the best deal he can get. He's not going to come out and say "I really want to stay" as that'll undermine his bargaining position. He may well come out and say it afterwards.
If he does want to go then you can't blame him, why not go and try to win something or play in the biggest games if you can.
What his value would be is interesting there are so many factors. Length left on his contract, his age, how much the buying club really wants him etc etc. Where would he go, I can only really think Arsenal at the moment but I'm not sure he would satisfy their entitled fanbase.

To think he would be perfect at City as a replacement for Aguerrooooooo.

Certainly don't want him to go but given the way City play he would be better than Jesus as a number 9.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024