Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. 20:33 - Feb 13 with 1090 viewsgrumpy

Highbury Saints v Everton FA Cup Semi Final 1984.Bedlam at the final Whistle.
Saints v Chelsea Never seen so many Chelsea skinheads in all my life.
Saints v Birmingham pitch invasion and big trouble outside.
The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. on 20:41 - Feb 13 with 1077 viewsHappy_Jack

Two more FA Cup games that I remember
Home to Man Utd in 77
Away to Bristol Rovers in 78

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who do you think the best Prime Minister of the last 40 years has been?

The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. on 20:50 - Feb 13 with 1069 viewsgrumpy

The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. on 20:41 - Feb 13 by Happy_Jack

Two more FA Cup games that I remember
Home to Man Utd in 77
Away to Bristol Rovers in 78

I was at the Rovers game,I'm surprised that game lasted 90 minutes.
The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. on 21:53 - Feb 13 with 1013 viewskingslandstand1

The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. on 20:50 - Feb 13 by grumpy

I was at the Rovers game,I'm surprised that game lasted 90 minutes.

Yeah, also at that game. Lost 2-0 from memory and they really went for it
The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. on 22:00 - Feb 13 with 1003 viewsPatfromPoole

Bit young for those.

I do remember the relegation match in 1996 at Burnden Park at Bolton when we won 1-0 and sent them down, and whilst Merrington was running on the pitch their fans in the side stand were trying to climb over the fencing in the corner to get in our end.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 22:00]

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. on 22:31 - Feb 13 with 970 viewsSaintNick

The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. on 22:00 - Feb 13 by PatfromPoole

Bit young for those.

I do remember the relegation match in 1996 at Burnden Park at Bolton when we won 1-0 and sent them down, and whilst Merrington was running on the pitch their fans in the side stand were trying to climb over the fencing in the corner to get in our end.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 22:00]

Spurs at home 1978 when we celebrated promotion on the pitch and they celebrated by kicking chunks out of the newly built fence at the front of the Archers Road

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. on 00:04 - Feb 14 with 922 viewsBicester_North

Nothing compared to the 70s/80s listed above but West Ham away 94 ish last game was pretty chaotic, and Burnley at SMS when we stayed up in the championship was a free for all

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. on 01:39 - Feb 14 with 905 viewsericofarabia

Saints v Birmingham pitch invasion and big trouble outside.
Was that when a teenager called Trevor Francis scored 2 and virtually sent us down and them staying up? Absolute carnage on Hill Lane back to to the station.

Repeated again 1983 ... and I had had to travel up to Liverpool, via New Street, post match with my Engagement and Wedding Rings for the soon to be Mrs EoA (still current!!) in my Saints Pringle Jumper (no jacket or coat as it was hot) !! Hand over the badge, legs crossed all the way to to Brum bursting for a pee, in a coach full of broken bloodied nosed / black eyed / bloodied knuckled Brummies!!

Just another football day back then!!
The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. on 06:29 - Feb 14 with 875 viewsPatfromPoole

The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. on 00:04 - Feb 14 by Bicester_North

Nothing compared to the 70s/80s listed above but West Ham away 94 ish last game was pretty chaotic, and Burnley at SMS when we stayed up in the championship was a free for all

Oh yes, West Ham. Went there as well.

Seem to recall that if we had conceded two more goals, we would have been down on goal difference; so their fans may have done us a favour by repeatedly running on the pitch. Our fans were properly noisy that day as well.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Login to get fewer ads

The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. on 10:21 - Feb 14 with 785 viewsSalisburySaint

The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. on 22:31 - Feb 13 by SaintNick

Spurs at home 1978 when we celebrated promotion on the pitch and they celebrated by kicking chunks out of the newly built fence at the front of the Archers Road

Remember it well i was stood under West Stand at Archers end

The Spurs fans at the front where the gaps n fence were sitting targets for quite a few Saints fans who wnet up to the fences at the end of the game

The Everton Semi Final was impressive response by Saints fans to Everton fans who invaded pitch when they scored their late goal. Everyone around me said if they go on again at the end of the game so will we, and so we did and a riot unsued.
The Most Chaotic Games at the final whistle. on 12:41 - Feb 14 with 738 viewsCapt_Koons

The two liveliest I've been at have already been mentioned, Birmingham City at home and Highbury FAcup semi final.
Most Chaotic at the half time whistle would probably be Bournemouth pre season friendly '84 ish, where a few thousand Saints fans went for a wonder across Dean Court. Not really chaotic as there was no resistance apart from disgruntled plod though.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024