Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns 10:15 - May 1 with 2110 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52346/game-venues-could-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 10:34 - May 1 with 1206 viewsButty101

Again its not going to happen. The season will be scrapped.

Theres no appetite with the players to kick it off.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 10:47 - May 1 with 1198 viewsSaintsforeverj

Apparently, they are considering playing abroad in some world Cup style situation, so that fans can't congregate near the ground. Crazy!

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 11:21 - May 1 with 1173 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 10:34 - May 1 by Butty101

Agreed - a lot of the players don't even want it to continue. Money-making bullsh*t that is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 11:58 - May 1 with 1150 viewsRednWight

All this talk of players and staff being regularly tested when others aren’t tested at all is quite frankly disgusting and would hopefully kill the premier league off

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 12:05 - May 1 with 1143 viewsSaintNick

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 10:34 - May 1 by Butty101

The players have no say, they have plenty of appetite to keep getting paid £80k a week, so perhaps they should look at the bigger picture

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 12:13 - May 1 with 1137 viewsSaintNick

Lets see where we are in six weeks time before we pass judgement, the cost of testing all the players and staff is minimal and wouldnt make a dent in the NHS budget if it was donated.

Im not picking on anyone here, but an observation, how many of us are sat at home drinking beer etc and ponitifcating on how it is obscene that a Premier League club will spend money on testing its players etc whilst others cant be tested.

If that is you then why dont you give up drinking during lockdown and donate the money to the national health to pay for testing, perhaps £100 a month from each person, if everyone did that then we would make a real dent in testing people and helping the NHS.

I understand if you would rather spend it on alcohol or save up for the holiday you are going to miss this year because people are dying.

Just an observation based on the number of people on social media who boast of how much they are drinking on one hand and then get all righteous about football restarting on the other

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 12:34 - May 1 with 1124 viewsSteveMoron

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 12:13 - May 1 by SaintNick

Lets see where we are in six weeks time before we pass judgement, the cost of testing all the players and staff is minimal and wouldnt make a dent in the NHS budget if it was donated.

Im not picking on anyone here, but an observation, how many of us are sat at home drinking beer etc and ponitifcating on how it is obscene that a Premier League club will spend money on testing its players etc whilst others cant be tested.

If that is you then why dont you give up drinking during lockdown and donate the money to the national health to pay for testing, perhaps £100 a month from each person, if everyone did that then we would make a real dent in testing people and helping the NHS.

I understand if you would rather spend it on alcohol or save up for the holiday you are going to miss this year because people are dying.

Just an observation based on the number of people on social media who boast of how much they are drinking on one hand and then get all righteous about football restarting on the other

I'm at work.
That is a very poor analogy.
Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 12:46 - May 1 with 1105 viewsButty101

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 12:05 - May 1 by SaintNick

The players have no say, they have plenty of appetite to keep getting paid £80k a week, so perhaps they should look at the bigger picture

Of course the players will have a say. They are already saying they don’t won’t play. Their wages are irrelevant. No one should be forced to work in this situation.

As far as I can see it’s only the money men that want football to return.

Login to get fewer ads

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 13:05 - May 1 with 1090 viewsPatfromPoole

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 13:41 - May 1 with 1060 viewsSaintNick

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 12:46 - May 1 by Butty101

Of course the players will have a say. They are already saying they don’t won’t play. Their wages are irrelevant. No one should be forced to work in this situation.

As far as I can see it’s only the money men that want football to return.

So let me get this right, millions of people in this country still have to go to work for minimum wages to keep the country running but you are saying that a footballer being paid £80,000 a week and being asked to play a game of football in the most sterile conditions in the country whilst being regularly tested with the best medical facilities should not be "Forced" to work.

I.m sorry but people are frothing at the mouth at football returning without realising the actual hypocrisy of it all.

If a normal person can sit at a supermarket till for £10.50 per hour not knowing who is standing 3ft away the other side of the conveyor belt, but has to do so, not only to feed her own family but to ensure that the rest of us can buy food then Im damn sure that a professional footballer can "RISK" their own lives for a measly £80k a week. Good god it's almost slavery

This post has brought home the fact that people are losing a grip of reality

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 13:55 - May 1 with 1037 viewsPatfromPoole

If a Prem footballer catches the virus, goes home and infects his wife and she dies of the virus, does the fact that he is earning £80k a week mean that people shouldn’t feel that it is a tragedy?

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 13:59 - May 1 with 1035 viewsNumber_58

I'm losing all track of time, I read the article and genuinely thought it must be 1st April, not 1st May.
Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 14:22 - May 1 with 1019 viewsSaintNick

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 13:55 - May 1 by PatfromPoole

If a Prem footballer catches the virus, goes home and infects his wife and she dies of the virus, does the fact that he is earning £80k a week mean that people shouldn’t feel that it is a tragedy?

You miss the point here Pat, as a person who has been regularly tested that he does not have the virus and is only coming into contact with others who have been regularly tested, who does he get the virus off.

BY mid June there will be many restrictions lifted, playing football in a sterile environment will be one of the safest things that anyone in the country could do.

I see lots of what if's, but this isn't a risky area, all along the line potential issues have been dealt with

What if - they catch the virus - they have all been tested so can't catch it from someone who is also clean

What If - large crowds turn up - We will play the games at neutral venues and if neccessary wont divulge the venues.

Some people seem to see this as almost an obsession that football doesn't resume but they are not quite sure why.

Personally I'm not that bothered if it does or doesn't but i,m keeping an open mind and basing my opinion on what the medical and scientific experts are saying and they will have the final say.

I have encountered more chance of catching it everytime I go shopping than a footballer will if the game resumes.

Im not going around screaming that there is no need to slef distance etc,I'm just being rational

I'm starting to stop commenting on threads these days, if you say you thin football should return, want/dont want Brexit or that you are a tory/labour supporter you will have someone rant at you at some point these days

You are a good mate Pat, we clearly stand on opposite sides on this debate, all im saying to you is look at the evidence when the time comes to play games, not what the situation is now because we are not playing now

stay safe

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 14:39 - May 1 with 1003 viewssaint22

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 12:13 - May 1 by SaintNick

I dont drink and think its ludicrous we restart this season
Its dead in the water, put the effort into ensuring we can start next season properly come August
Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 14:40 - May 1 with 1002 views1885_SFC

I think it's worth remembering that the girl on the checkout in a supermarket lives in the real world, has done so all her life, and doesn't think she's above anyone else.

As we all know however - professional footballers on the other hand are poncy, delicate, overly-protected tossers who do as their agent or union tell them & who can't think for themselves (mainly because they're thick). Just look at the likes of Grealish & Kean.

Old School is Cool

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 14:47 - May 1 with 992 viewsPatfromPoole

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 14:22 - May 1 by SaintNick

You miss the point here Pat, as a person who has been regularly tested that he does not have the virus and is only coming into contact with others who have been regularly tested, who does he get the virus off.

BY mid June there will be many restrictions lifted, playing football in a sterile environment will be one of the safest things that anyone in the country could do.

I see lots of what if's, but this isn't a risky area, all along the line potential issues have been dealt with

What if - they catch the virus - they have all been tested so can't catch it from someone who is also clean

What If - large crowds turn up - We will play the games at neutral venues and if neccessary wont divulge the venues.

Some people seem to see this as almost an obsession that football doesn't resume but they are not quite sure why.

Personally I'm not that bothered if it does or doesn't but i,m keeping an open mind and basing my opinion on what the medical and scientific experts are saying and they will have the final say.

I have encountered more chance of catching it everytime I go shopping than a footballer will if the game resumes.

Im not going around screaming that there is no need to slef distance etc,I'm just being rational

I'm starting to stop commenting on threads these days, if you say you thin football should return, want/dont want Brexit or that you are a tory/labour supporter you will have someone rant at you at some point these days

You are a good mate Pat, we clearly stand on opposite sides on this debate, all im saying to you is look at the evidence when the time comes to play games, not what the situation is now because we are not playing now

stay safe

Nick, I generally agree with an awful lot of what you say.

I am just hugely cynical that if the decision is taken to play the games, it won’t be due to medical advice, evidence or even with the motive of something to entertain the nation in these times of lockdown.

It will simply be due to avarice and money.

And if it costs lives, football will be in the gutter.

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 14:49 - May 1 with 990 viewsButty101

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 14:22 - May 1 by SaintNick

stay safe

Nick you have far from an open mind on this - just the opposite. You have now published several articles that football should restart. How about balancing it with a why football shouldnt start?

If its such a clear cut decision and the players are very safe in such a sterile atmosphere why have France just called time on their season? You make a lot of assumptions that they wont be able to catch the virus. But assuming 300 people per game, thats 3000 people for one premiership round. Assuming they have partners/kids that they go home, to all of a sudden you are up to 6000 odd people. The footballers have already proved they cant do isolation. Its a pointless risk.

It dosent matter where the games are played, the fans will end up congregating some where. Causing a further strain on the serives.

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 14:52 - May 1 with 983 viewsButty101

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 13:55 - May 1 by PatfromPoole

Exactly this Pat

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 14:56 - May 1 with 978 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I don't think football should restart.

There are too many other people involved (other than over paid players), like groundsmen, kit staff, cleaners, etc etc. - will EVERY single one of these people be tested?

What about the pointlessness of travelling up and down the country?
1. Pollution (we need to stop travelling so much anyway, especially for work meetings, but sport is the most pointless of pollution
2. What if the coach / plane has an accident and the hospital has 30 or so people in it that it didn't need to have?
3. What if ONE person gets through who is infected and then infects more and backroom staff?
4. Life and death are more important
5. The clubs HAVE to pay for tests and they can't take those tests away from the general public and key worker stockpile.

So that is why not. Here is why I WOULD support it;
1. Having some football on TV will stop so many helmets leaving the home and keep people entertained
[Post edited 1 May 2020 14:57]

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 15:41 - May 1 with 940 viewskingslandstand1

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 14:39 - May 1 by saint22

I dont drink and think its ludicrous we restart this season
Its dead in the water, put the effort into ensuring we can start next season properly come August

I'm with you on that one 22. Give Pool the title as they deserve it (hurts to say that), let Leeds and WBA come up with no relegations, don't have a League Cup next season, but relegate 5 next season with 3 coming up and back to status quo with hopefully the realisation that football is not the b all and end all for the overpaid brats and do some proper negotiations not blackmailing of clubs by the players
Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 15:49 - May 1 with 935 viewsSadoldgit

I was very ambivalent about whether football should start or not when lockdown started but now I have been persuaded that it isn’t a good idea. Yes, it would be great to watch it again, but in the great scheme of things, football really isn’t that important and that needs to be demonstrated by not making it a special case. Let’s deal with this bloody awful virus first, make the world safer and then worry about the other stuff.
Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 16:59 - May 1 with 891 viewsRednWight

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 13:41 - May 1 by SaintNick

So let me get this right, millions of people in this country still have to go to work for minimum wages to keep the country running but you are saying that a footballer being paid £80,000 a week and being asked to play a game of football in the most sterile conditions in the country whilst being regularly tested with the best medical facilities should not be "Forced" to work.

I.m sorry but people are frothing at the mouth at football returning without realising the actual hypocrisy of it all.

If a normal person can sit at a supermarket till for £10.50 per hour not knowing who is standing 3ft away the other side of the conveyor belt, but has to do so, not only to feed her own family but to ensure that the rest of us can buy food then Im damn sure that a professional footballer can "RISK" their own lives for a measly £80k a week. Good god it's almost slavery

This post has brought home the fact that people are losing a grip of reality

Nick. It’s the normal people on low wages you mention that should be tested before footballers
They are the ones more at risk Why should the meagre amount of tests available not be given to them ,or bin men etc rather than someone who can stay at home
I know the thought of the season being cancelled and you're beloved Liverpool being denied a title is terrible for you but your obsession with the season resuming and thinking it’s all about money makes me think there’s only one person around here that’s lost their grip on reality

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 17:18 - May 1 with 880 viewsBison

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 16:59 - May 1 by RednWight

Nick. It’s the normal people on low wages you mention that should be tested before footballers
They are the ones more at risk Why should the meagre amount of tests available not be given to them ,or bin men etc rather than someone who can stay at home
I know the thought of the season being cancelled and you're beloved Liverpool being denied a title is terrible for you but your obsession with the season resuming and thinking it’s all about money makes me think there’s only one person around here that’s lost their grip on reality

I'm happy for Liverpool to be given the title without another ball being kicked.

It's gonna be hilarious ...

2018/19 Premiership Champions. MANCHESTER CITY
2019/20 Premiership Champions LIVERPOOL *

* season not completed and mathamatically they could of not won it.

That asterisk will be the bullets for many a windup.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 17:20 - May 1 with 877 viewsRednWight

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 17:18 - May 1 by Bison

I'm happy for Liverpool to be given the title without another ball being kicked.

It's gonna be hilarious ...

2018/19 Premiership Champions. MANCHESTER CITY
2019/20 Premiership Champions LIVERPOOL *

* season not completed and mathamatically they could of not won it.

That asterisk will be the bullets for many a windup.

I couldn’t give a toss either way to be honest.
Keeping people alive through this shyte is more important

Game Venues Could Be Kept Secret When Football Returns on 17:37 - May 1 with 866 viewsdirk_doone

Secret locations? It sounds a bit like the 1990s outdoor rave scene. The players will all be sitting in their cars waiting for text messages to tell them where to go.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024