Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone miss the crowd? 08:27 - Jun 20 with 1918 viewskernow

The players certainly didn't seem to.
With careful placement of banners and flags to blanket the banks of vacant seating, strategically sited cardboard cut outs of the images of certain individual fans and the clever use of tv generated crowd noise with the appropriate and timely chants, cheers, whistles, howls and groans, it had eveything that the armchair football fan could wish for.

What do you reckon?
Did anyone miss the crowd? on 08:29 - Jun 20 with 1907 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Not at all after about the first 20 mins - the noise was done really well and as there is no need to look at the stands, I zoned out and just enjoyed the football with the buzz that was created.

It was a bit lacking when the goals went in as that is when the crowd shots help with the experience, but whatever, better than I expected.

Having said that, a decent performance and a win helped ;)

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Did anyone miss the crowd? on 08:46 - Jun 20 with 1872 viewsdirk_doone

If the match doesn't involve your own team and you watch it without the crowd noise then you certainly miss the crowd. It seems more like a training game. Seeing your own team playing well and winning is always going to seem good. But, the noise of a crowd certainly enhances it. We have a few blind fans at St Mary's who go there just to experience that.

I feel sorry for those loyal fans of every club who've not missed a game, home or away, for years. Sitting at home watching it on TV must be agonising for them.

If Saints continue to play like this for the remainder of the season, it's going to give a hell of a boost to season ticket sales. Personally, can't wait to be back at St Mary's again.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 8:53]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Did anyone miss the crowd? on 08:57 - Jun 20 with 1847 viewsSalisburySaint

Did anyone miss the crowd? on 08:46 - Jun 20 by dirk_doone

If the match doesn't involve your own team and you watch it without the crowd noise then you certainly miss the crowd. It seems more like a training game. Seeing your own team playing well and winning is always going to seem good. But, the noise of a crowd certainly enhances it. We have a few blind fans at St Mary's who go there just to experience that.

I feel sorry for those loyal fans of every club who've not missed a game, home or away, for years. Sitting at home watching it on TV must be agonising for them.

If Saints continue to play like this for the remainder of the season, it's going to give a hell of a boost to season ticket sales. Personally, can't wait to be back at St Mary's again.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 8:53]

At least Three Saints fans managed to watch game from hotel at ground

https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveGrant1983/status/1274048005755342849?fbclid=IwAR
Did anyone miss the crowd? on 09:14 - Jun 20 with 1824 viewsSadoldgit

The slight delay of the roar when goals were scored was a bit odd but apart from that it was ok.
Did anyone miss the crowd? on 11:49 - Jun 20 with 1744 viewshedgeend61

Did anyone miss the crowd? on 08:57 - Jun 20 by SalisburySaint

At least Three Saints fans managed to watch game from hotel at ground

https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveGrant1983/status/1274048005755342849?fbclid=IwAR

Hotels open in Norwich?, thought they weren't open till July 4th
Did anyone miss the crowd? on 12:13 - Jun 20 with 1724 viewscocklebreath

I had the crowd noise on at first but found it repetitive and annoying so turned it off and thought it was much better, this is the future, everyone armchair fans. Will be like being a Liverpool fan.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Did anyone miss the crowd? on 12:14 - Jun 20 with 1725 viewsTimSaint

After getting a great win, it makes it harder to accept that I had a ticket for this game, so I didn't miss the crowd, but missed being in the crowd.

TimSaint

Did anyone miss the crowd? on 12:19 - Jun 20 with 1723 viewsSaintsforeverj

Did anyone miss the crowd? on 12:14 - Jun 20 by TimSaint

After getting a great win, it makes it harder to accept that I had a ticket for this game, so I didn't miss the crowd, but missed being in the crowd.

Yep, this sums it up for me. I had a ticket too, and just wanted to be there celebrating. But enjoyed a Saints win nonetheless.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone miss the crowd? on 12:44 - Jun 20 with 1689 viewssolent_toffee

I watched the second half and thoroughly enjoyed it, thoughts Saints could have should have had a hatful. Turned the sound off too. So far it’s been alright, the comeback but as match going fans I think the novelty will wear out and there won’t be much appetite for it as we go into next season.
Did anyone miss the crowd? on 12:56 - Jun 20 with 1675 viewskingslandstand1

Did anyone miss the crowd? on 12:14 - Jun 20 by TimSaint

Ditto, and said to the missus that I should have been there to see that. She said "but they're not letting any fans in" .................... so I let her win that one to keep the peace

But must admit that if this nonsense hadn't ocurred, I wonder if it would have been the same outcome. We were not exactly playing at our best back in March and with a full house of all yellow shirts it may have been a different tale. Even more so if they'd have started the way they did last night
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024