Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would we take .... 10:38 - Jul 30 with 1161 viewsSonicBoom

Vertonghen?
Bit like Cahill , past his best but loads of experience in the PL and internationally. Free agent.

I don't think it would be the worst decision in the world.
Would we take .... on 10:43 - Jul 30 with 1157 viewsSaintNick

I think he is just what we need, someone who can come in short term and pass on his experience not just in games but on the training ground, we do not appear to have anyone on the coaching staff who can bring on our centre backs.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Would we take .... on 10:54 - Jul 30 with 1146 viewsDorsetIan

Would we take .... on 10:43 - Jul 30 by SaintNick

I think he is just what we need, someone who can come in short term and pass on his experience not just in games but on the training ground, we do not appear to have anyone on the coaching staff who can bring on our centre backs.

I hope I haven't scuppered this for us. At the Spurs home game this year (when he had a face like his @rse and slumped shoulders) I shouted 'It's not working for you today is it Vertonghen?' and he gave me the dirtiest look.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Would we take .... on 11:00 - Jul 30 with 1138 viewsgreen

I saw he's linked to Manchester United. Agree he's the type of player we need but won't happen due to wages and lack of re-sale value which is a shame.
Would we take .... on 11:03 - Jul 30 with 1131 viewssaint22

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/261140/vertonghen/#2
Would we take .... on 11:06 - Jul 30 with 1129 viewsSonicBoom

Ah sorry I didn't see your post.
I can't see him going to United. He's a bit slow these days but as Nick says could teach our backline a thing or two. Maybe VVD will put a word in for us ha ha.

As for resale I don't think that matters. He would be coming on a free and he wouldn't expect the same wages (mostly because he isn't getting any right now). I think we'd get two years out of him and that could be good business.
Would we take .... on 13:13 - Jul 30 with 1074 viewsSaintNick

Would we take .... on 11:06 - Jul 30 by SonicBoom

I can't see him going to United. He's a bit slow these days but as Nick says could teach our backline a thing or two. Maybe VVD will put a word in for us ha ha.

As for resale I don't think that matters. He would be coming on a free and he wouldn't expect the same wages (mostly because he isn't getting any right now). I think we'd get two years out of him and that could be good business.

We dont need anymore pace at the back if we get salisu but we need experience as well

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Would we take .... on 16:58 - Jul 30 with 1009 viewssaint22

Would we take .... on 11:06 - Jul 30 by SonicBoom

No trouble :)

He is just what we need as Cahill was last season
We won't get him though
Would we take .... on 17:50 - Jul 30 with 966 viewsA1079

I think he is a good shout Sonic. It's a Yes from me.
Login to get fewer ads

Would we take .... on 20:10 - Jul 30 with 907 viewssaint22

Would we take .... on 13:13 - Jul 30 by SaintNick

We dont need anymore pace at the back if we get salisu but we need experience as well

Are we getting Salisu tho????
Would we take .... on 20:44 - Jul 30 with 880 viewsSadoldgit

34 years old and at the end of our career. Can’t see it happening as, like with Lallana, he doesn’t fit our profile.
Would we take .... on 22:44 - Jul 30 with 841 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Would we take .... on 20:44 - Jul 30 by Sadoldgit

34 years old and at the end of our career. Can’t see it happening as, like with Lallana, he doesn’t fit our profile.

But that's the thing, he SHOULD. Old school Saints would've still had youth and a couple of old heads, that still works. The younger defenders could do with the experience of a quality ex-international - we said the same about Cahill last year.

Bednarek and Stephens learning more from one of them would be great for the club. And if they bring in this young guy (Salisu?) he also needs training.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Would we take .... on 23:06 - Jul 30 with 828 viewsSadoldgit

From my own perspective although experience is very worthy, quality and potential are also very worthy. We were told once that you can’t win anything with kids just before that theory was disproved. The bottom line is that Ralph will know better than us what he wants.
Would we take .... on 23:14 - Jul 30 with 820 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Would we take .... on 23:06 - Jul 30 by Sadoldgit

From my own perspective although experience is very worthy, quality and potential are also very worthy. We were told once that you can’t win anything with kids just before that theory was disproved. The bottom line is that Ralph will know better than us what he wants.

Ah ... but look up Man Utd 1995-96 ... look at their back line?

Peter Schmeichel - 32
Paul Parker - 31
Dennis Irwin - 29
Steve Bruce - 34
Gary Pallister - 31
and Brian McClair - 32
Eric Cantona - 30
Roy Keane was incredible and already 24

Granted, the rest were 'kids', but they had a LOT of experience around them in that defence and in Cantona.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Would we take .... on 06:37 - Jul 31 with 791 viewsinthebox

Bring him in, it's not as though our coaches have a much experience in defending.
Would we take .... on 08:51 - Jul 31 with 760 viewsChesham_Saint

Would we take .... on 23:14 - Jul 30 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Ah ... but look up Man Utd 1995-96 ... look at their back line?

Peter Schmeichel - 32
Paul Parker - 31
Dennis Irwin - 29
Steve Bruce - 34
Gary Pallister - 31
and Brian McClair - 32
Eric Cantona - 30
Roy Keane was incredible and already 24

Granted, the rest were 'kids', but they had a LOT of experience around them in that defence and in Cantona.

What’s also interesting about that list is that Man U, another club that supposedly “does everything the right way” bought every single one of those star players.

They clearly haven’t been a club that always produces their own as the likes of Jim White and sky would want us to believe.

Like I needed another reason to hate man u...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Would we take .... on 09:45 - Jul 31 with 744 viewsSadoldgit

My point was that I really don’t care about age, so long as we get some quality.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024