Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're going down 13:07 - Sep 6 with 1822 viewskingslandstand1

Well according to Oliver Holt in the MoS!

All entitled to their opinion I know, and I used to have some respect for him, but did he not see the league table after the restart!

We've just bought a CB who is already being talked about as going to the top 4 and we had 2 players on the pitch last night with one certainly not looking out of place on the international arena, and the other did his bit for 20 mins
We're going down on 14:00 - Sep 6 with 1748 viewsSadoldgit

Technically of course it is perfectly possible but it is hard to see why anyone would suggested it after the end of season we had.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2020 14:22]
We're going down on 14:13 - Sep 6 with 1732 viewsBicester_North

Robbie Savage tipped us for the same last season, although he seemed to be right a few months in

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

We're going down on 14:19 - Sep 6 with 1722 viewsWints76

Had this conversation with a couple from here earlier. Alongside another dozen or so clubs, we are more than capable of going down. We need to get to 38 points ASAP and then look up. I think Bmouth failed to think along those lines last season. However, take the cups seriously ffs
We're going down on 14:57 - Sep 6 with 1672 viewsJaySaint

I think the division will be 'harder' next year. All 3 of the promoted clubs will be better than the 3 that went down...

We were brilliant after the break but that was only 9 games. Leading up to lockdown, we were very iffy (lost at home to newcastle)..

Salisu has to be good enough to start soon enough otherwise, much of the same.

one good thing, what destroyed the first half of last season was Ralph's being to weird. Ings on the bench, Djenpo at left Wing back in a 352 etc.

We may not have blistering finish to the season but I cant see us being as terrible in the first half compared to last year.

I think we will finish around 11th again

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

We're going down on 15:00 - Sep 6 with 1665 viewsBicester_North

We're going down on 14:19 - Sep 6 by Wints76

Had this conversation with a couple from here earlier. Alongside another dozen or so clubs, we are more than capable of going down. We need to get to 38 points ASAP and then look up. I think Bmouth failed to think along those lines last season. However, take the cups seriously ffs

Ralph did seem to take cups seriously last season. Strong teams picked and played well against Man City and Spurs when we got knocked out.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

We're going down on 15:03 - Sep 6 with 1656 viewsWints76

We're going down on 15:00 - Sep 6 by Bicester_North

Ralph did seem to take cups seriously last season. Strong teams picked and played well against Man City and Spurs when we got knocked out.

Yeh, fair comment. City away was a horrible draw and played at a horrible time. Spurs away, when we were winning and looking good, got my juices flowing. Same old though
We're going down on 15:31 - Sep 6 with 1613 viewssaint22

Why believe anything you read in that lying scum rag
We're going down on 15:52 - Sep 6 with 1595 viewskingslandstand1

We're going down on 14:13 - Sep 6 by Bicester_North

Robbie Savage tipped us for the same last season, although he seemed to be right a few months in

But he hates us as we hate him anyway
Login to get fewer ads

We're going down on 15:54 - Sep 6 with 1594 viewskingslandstand1

We're going down on 15:31 - Sep 6 by saint22

Why believe anything you read in that lying scum rag

Good to see a sensible reasoning 22
We're going down on 21:53 - Sep 6 with 1402 viewsA1079

I am unsure at the moment. Potentially after the restart you may think we should do better but as someone has already said, I think the new promoted clubs will be better than last seasons promoted clubs and the ones at the top have been spending quite big so it will be hard to break through to the top half of the table.

Arguably we have strengthened with Salisu but I really know nothing about him to say whether he will be enough of a difference. The players we can't get rid off are a millstone around us progressing in the transfer market.

I worry about creativity in midfield. Romeu for all his hard work is not a creator and he is a booking a game. JWP does well when the team does well but regresses if we struggle. We could do with someone in midfield that is really going to make a difference and support our front men.

Like somone said, need to tick off the 40 points soon and then try and establish a top 10 finish but I cannot see us finishing in the top 8 unless we make a quality purchase, which is not going to happen.
We're going down on 04:49 - Sep 7 with 1275 views1teeminants

We're going down on 21:53 - Sep 6 by A1079

I am unsure at the moment. Potentially after the restart you may think we should do better but as someone has already said, I think the new promoted clubs will be better than last seasons promoted clubs and the ones at the top have been spending quite big so it will be hard to break through to the top half of the table.

Arguably we have strengthened with Salisu but I really know nothing about him to say whether he will be enough of a difference. The players we can't get rid off are a millstone around us progressing in the transfer market.

I worry about creativity in midfield. Romeu for all his hard work is not a creator and he is a booking a game. JWP does well when the team does well but regresses if we struggle. We could do with someone in midfield that is really going to make a difference and support our front men.

Like somone said, need to tick off the 40 points soon and then try and establish a top 10 finish but I cannot see us finishing in the top 8 unless we make a quality purchase, which is not going to happen.

I think this post sadly sums up how I feel . I’m always excited about a new season starting and I renew my season ticket but I don’t really know why because we never spend much compared to others of similar status, well certainly not on anything decent . Until we get a decent buy out of this football club I can’t see things changing much .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

We're going down on 08:06 - Sep 7 with 1190 viewscocklebreath

We’re not going down, we’ll be comfy mid table possibly top 10

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

We're going down on 08:25 - Sep 7 with 1172 viewssaintwizzler

People raving about Salisu.
Who had heard off him before we were linked?
If he was that good wouldn’t he of been bought by a higher ranked team?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

We're going down on 08:47 - Sep 7 with 1151 viewscocklebreath

We're going down on 08:25 - Sep 7 by saintwizzler

Like Mane or van dijk ?

We're going down on 09:02 - Sep 7 with 1139 viewsBoris_

We're going down on 08:25 - Sep 7 by saintwizzler

Even without Salisu we wouldn't go down. We were 3rd in the table post-lockdown and the only player we've lost is Hojberg who was hardly involved in that run.

Poll: Claude Puel

We're going down on 09:57 - Sep 7 with 1094 viewsSonicBoom

I saw the Oliver Holt prediction that we would get relegated. I thought it was very odd as we finished last season so well. Basically they have no clue. Robbie savage predicted that we will finish 9th!

I think we will be good for a solid 10th or 11th.
I agree about Salisu, no one had heard of him but I have seen discussions on United fan sites that they were interested and their fans think they should keep a close eye on him this season. People that have seen him seem to rate him. I find his low profile since joining very odd though.
I think that we could be really good if Adams continues his good form. He scored a lot of goals in the last few games and to me looked a player that could easily get 10-15 over a season. The talent is there and hopefully he now has the belief.
Imagine where we could be if Ings can get 15-20 again and Adams bags 10-15.
We're going down on 11:19 - Sep 7 with 1052 viewssaintwizzler

We're going down on 09:02 - Sep 7 by Boris_

Even without Salisu we wouldn't go down. We were 3rd in the table post-lockdown and the only player we've lost is Hojberg who was hardly involved in that run.

I’ve heard this many times.
A season is 38 games.
We conceded 60 goals in 38 games.
Without Ings’ goals we would be right in the shît.

Stephens and Vestergaard are not good enough.
Bednarek is ok but needs an old head next to him.

We're going down on 12:22 - Sep 7 with 1012 viewssaint22

We're going down on 11:19 - Sep 7 by saintwizzler

A season is 38 games.

We need another CB (Smalling Cahill type) plus badly need more in the midfield
Will we get either? Unlikely as we all know
We're going down on 12:37 - Sep 7 with 991 viewsBuggalugs

We're going down on 12:22 - Sep 7 by saint22

We need another CB (Smalling Cahill type) plus badly need more in the midfield
Will we get either? Unlikely as we all know

How about Umtiti...Upamecano….Denayer?

The incompetence in not addressing this is staggering.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

We're going down on 12:41 - Sep 7 with 986 viewssaint22

We're going down on 12:37 - Sep 7 by Buggalugs

How about Umtiti...Upamecano….Denayer?

The incompetence in not addressing this is staggering.

Yeah any of those three would have been nice right......?
We're going down on 15:07 - Sep 7 with 931 viewsButty101

We're going down on 12:41 - Sep 7 by saint22

Yeah any of those three would have been nice right......?

You should support Man U, it would make you a lot happier.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

We're going down on 17:39 - Sep 7 with 869 viewscocklebreath

We're going down on 11:19 - Sep 7 by saintwizzler

A season is 38 games.

Very negative, we are a decent side

We're going down on 20:20 - Sep 7 with 779 viewssaintwizzler

We're going down on 17:39 - Sep 7 by cocklebreath

Very negative, we are a decent side

Facts.
Without Ings goals we would of been in the shît.

How is that negative?
It is FACT

We're going down on 20:57 - Sep 7 with 744 viewshedgeend61

We're going down on 09:02 - Sep 7 by Boris_

9/1 relegation odds available for the Doom Mongers (and there's a few), so unlikely.

6/4ish for Top Half finish, not a great price but fair, but we'd only have to improve last seasons home form to have a decent chance. Too short tbh investing a fair bit for 8 months.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024