Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
tonight 09:32 - Dec 16 with 1525 viewssaint22

So tough choice for RH I would say
Redmond looked like the player we all want him to be consistently for his 15 mins Sunday, does he replace Walcott or Armstrong?
The Arsenal back 4 are brittle and no Bellerin, N'Lundulu would give Holding a tough time tho expect Danny & Che to start
tonight on 09:49 - Dec 16 with 1502 viewsButty101

i would swap redmond for armstong - purely because Armstrong needs to be wrapped in cotton wool.

More worrying is that Romeu is one booking from a suspension

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

tonight on 09:50 - Dec 16 with 1501 views1885_SFC

Redmond on the bench for me. Ralph should stick with his usual starting eleven. We are playing well enough, so no need to change things unless an injury or we're trailing forces his hand.

Good to see so much competition for places... and very good competition at that! Our bench actually looks decent these days.

Old School is Cool

tonight on 10:21 - Dec 16 with 1481 viewsBerber

Walcott will want to play against his old club. However, I would give him a bit of rest and ready for upcoming games. The Arsenal defence will not be solid, and should be a good opportunity for Redmond to be confident enough to keep at them and on the front foot and draw some free kicks instead of turning back at the first resistance. He deserves at least half a game.
tonight on 10:46 - Dec 16 with 1453 viewsSonicBoom

Arsenal fans seem to be quite happy that Bellerin isn't playing, they are also demanding that some of their promising youngsters get a go - which could either be genius or a disaster.
I'd put Redmond in tonight for Walcott and swap back for City at the weekend.

I really hope we press them from the start and starve them of the ball. If we get ahead I want us to keep pressing rather than try to shut up shop as we did against United and Villa. Arsenal are 15th for a reason and we really want to go there and take the points.
tonight on 11:10 - Dec 16 with 1428 viewsChesham_Saint

tonight on 10:46 - Dec 16 by SonicBoom

Arsenal fans seem to be quite happy that Bellerin isn't playing, they are also demanding that some of their promising youngsters get a go - which could either be genius or a disaster.
I'd put Redmond in tonight for Walcott and swap back for City at the weekend.

I really hope we press them from the start and starve them of the ball. If we get ahead I want us to keep pressing rather than try to shut up shop as we did against United and Villa. Arsenal are 15th for a reason and we really want to go there and take the points.

The thing is Sonic, what about the golden rule of football that players playing against their former teams usually score?

Oops. I forgot, finishing isn’t Theo’s strongest suit..!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

tonight on 11:19 - Dec 16 with 1423 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Same 11 please.

Consistency, but also, earlier subs please. Thank you.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

tonight on 12:44 - Dec 16 with 1378 viewssaint22

tonight on 09:49 - Dec 16 by Butty101

i would swap redmond for armstong - purely because Armstrong needs to be wrapped in cotton wool.

More worrying is that Romeu is one booking from a suspension

Stick Diallo in and save Oriol for City?
tonight on 18:56 - Dec 16 with 1266 viewsChesham_Saint

tonight on 11:10 - Dec 16 by Chesham_Saint

The thing is Sonic, what about the golden rule of football that players playing against their former teams usually score?

What the fvck do I know...!?

Login to get fewer ads

tonight on 00:51 - Dec 17 with 1164 viewssaintmary5

tonight on 11:10 - Dec 16 by Chesham_Saint

At the end of the day! Will always take the point we got at Arsenal. Ralph has taken this team to new highs and based on what I have seen this year I am very confident that Ralph will fine tune the team to prime them to a very probable top 4 next season. At the moment I think it is realistic that we may achieve at top 7 this year. Ralph! the best manager we have had ever and I most sincerely mean that!
tonight on 01:47 - Dec 17 with 1153 viewsTimSaint

tonight on 00:51 - Dec 17 by saintmary5

At the end of the day! Will always take the point we got at Arsenal. Ralph has taken this team to new highs and based on what I have seen this year I am very confident that Ralph will fine tune the team to prime them to a very probable top 4 next season. At the moment I think it is realistic that we may achieve at top 7 this year. Ralph! the best manager we have had ever and I most sincerely mean that!

Taking Bournemouth as Fulham, Norwich as Leeds and Watford as WBA, we are still have the same number of points as we did from the corresponding fixtures from last season.

Basically what that means is we need to beat both Man City and Fulham BEFORE we get the chance to improve on last season's corresponding tally, with home games against West Ham and Liverpool !!

TimSaint

tonight on 06:40 - Dec 17 with 1098 viewsBuenosSaint

tonight on 01:47 - Dec 17 by TimSaint

Taking Bournemouth as Fulham, Norwich as Leeds and Watford as WBA, we are still have the same number of points as we did from the corresponding fixtures from last season.

Basically what that means is we need to beat both Man City and Fulham BEFORE we get the chance to improve on last season's corresponding tally, with home games against West Ham and Liverpool !!

Yes, this is the sobering reality before we get too ahead of ourselves.
We can just as quickly fall down the table after a few fixtures.

If we are still up there after 19/20 games then it is going to be one hell of an end of season.

Mind you, I'm still enjoying as much as all the southerners and took the customary screen shot of the "as it stands" table after Theo scored!

Poll: The Long Future

tonight on 13:38 - Dec 17 with 1009 viewsBerber

You've lost me. Are you suggesting that because of the mix of teams we played, we are actually not better than last year?
tonight on 19:43 - Dec 17 with 973 viewsgreen

I definitely think that we are better than last year but if you make the following comparison it's exactly the same (someone might want to double check the scores I've listed here). Last seasons result first with Saints the first score in each case compare with this season:

Crystal Palace 2-0 (W); 0-1 (L)
Tottenham 1-0 (W); 2-5 (L)
Burnley 0-3 (L); 1-0 (W)
WBA N/A 2-1 (W); 2-0(W) (Watford finished second bottom & WBA second top so subbed in that result)
Chelsea 2-0 (W); 3-3 (D)
Everton 1-2 (L); 2-0 (W)
Aston Villa 3-1 (W); 4-3 (W)
Newcastle 0-1 (L); 2-0 (W)
Wolves 1-1 (D); 1-1 (D)
Man Utd 1-1 (D); 2-3 (L)
Brighton 2-0 (W); 2-1 (W)
Sheff Utd 3-1 (W); 3-0 (W)
Arsenal 2-2 (D); 1-1 (D)

2019/20
P13 W7 D3 L3

2020/21
P13 W7 D3 L3
tonight on 21:07 - Dec 17 with 948 viewsChesham_Saint

tonight on 19:43 - Dec 17 by green

I definitely think that we are better than last year but if you make the following comparison it's exactly the same (someone might want to double check the scores I've listed here). Last seasons result first with Saints the first score in each case compare with this season:

Crystal Palace 2-0 (W); 0-1 (L)
Tottenham 1-0 (W); 2-5 (L)
Burnley 0-3 (L); 1-0 (W)
WBA N/A 2-1 (W); 2-0(W) (Watford finished second bottom & WBA second top so subbed in that result)
Chelsea 2-0 (W); 3-3 (D)
Everton 1-2 (L); 2-0 (W)
Aston Villa 3-1 (W); 4-3 (W)
Newcastle 0-1 (L); 2-0 (W)
Wolves 1-1 (D); 1-1 (D)
Man Utd 1-1 (D); 2-3 (L)
Brighton 2-0 (W); 2-1 (W)
Sheff Utd 3-1 (W); 3-0 (W)
Arsenal 2-2 (D); 1-1 (D)

2019/20
P13 W7 D3 L3

2020/21
P13 W7 D3 L3

This reminds me of people who, when their team is knocked out of the Cup, say “Ooh, we would have had Man City at home if only we’d not lost to Hereford”. They forget that had their team stayed in the cup they would have been allotted a different number and their ball would have been somewhere else whilst Robbie Savage’s fingers rummaged for it at the FA.

Surely the reality is that although in some cases it’s only been a few moths between fixtures, some teams develop and improve whilst others decline? Take Villa - a shit team last season which has improved and Arsenal who have rapidly gone down hill. In short, you’re not really comparing like with like.

tonight on 23:39 - Dec 18 with 860 viewssaintmary5

Fair enough but when you analyse it in depth! Our last 3-4 years were crap to say the least but when you give a top manager the time and space to develop and evolve a mediocre team to what we have today you have to at least take a deep breath and say ok it is possible to embrace a top seven spot this year. Given that Alex McCarthy is saying how much he is enjoying seeing out team playing this season says it all.
https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2020-12-15/feature-interview-alex-mccarthy-so
A long piece but clearly very optimistic about future for Saints.
Looking forward to remaining part of season.
tonight on 00:45 - Dec 19 with 839 viewsBicester_North

tonight on 21:07 - Dec 17 by Chesham_Saint

This reminds me of people who, when their team is knocked out of the Cup, say “Ooh, we would have had Man City at home if only we’d not lost to Hereford”. They forget that had their team stayed in the cup they would have been allotted a different number and their ball would have been somewhere else whilst Robbie Savage’s fingers rummaged for it at the FA.

Surely the reality is that although in some cases it’s only been a few moths between fixtures, some teams develop and improve whilst others decline? Take Villa - a shit team last season which has improved and Arsenal who have rapidly gone down hill. In short, you’re not really comparing like with like.

Exactly, pointless comparison team for team. In fact, any comparison to last season is pointless.
Just look at how the team is playing generally and focus on the next fixture.
You can bet that any professional players or managers aren’t thinking whether they got 1 point against Burnley this season so they need to get 2 or 3 this season.
Leave that bollocks to statisticians.
If the team feels good, plays well and has confidence in each other and the management, that’s all we need to know.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

tonight on 07:45 - Dec 19 with 804 viewssolent_toffee

tonight on 00:45 - Dec 19 by Bicester_North

Exactly, pointless comparison team for team. In fact, any comparison to last season is pointless.
Just look at how the team is playing generally and focus on the next fixture.
You can bet that any professional players or managers aren’t thinking whether they got 1 point against Burnley this season so they need to get 2 or 3 this season.
Leave that bollocks to statisticians.
If the team feels good, plays well and has confidence in each other and the management, that’s all we need to know.

100% agree with this. Everton beat Spurs on the first game of the season. If they played them today, Spurs would win comfortably. There’s no way you can do like for like, as you have injuries, suspensions, crowds, referee influences, form etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024