Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
lawro 09:01 - Mar 9 with 973 viewssaint22

stirring the pot

It's clear Georginio Wijnaldum is almost certain to leave Liverpool at the end of the season for Barcelona. I can't think of a better replacement than Ward-Prowse.
lawro on 09:48 - Mar 9 with 918 viewsRon11

You never know, Ward Prowse might just have some loyalty.
lawro on 09:56 - Mar 9 with 910 viewssolent_toffee

I hope he does go to Liverpool.

Without wishing to sound like his stalker from here, JWP whilst being a decent player is no way near good enough to play for a team challenging for the title.
lawro on 10:31 - Mar 9 with 881 viewsSaintNick

lawro on 09:56 - Mar 9 by solent_toffee

Without wishing to sound like his stalker from here, JWP whilst being a decent player is no way near good enough to play for a team challenging for the title.

All joking aside I think JWP is good enough to play for a top team, he is 3 times the player Hojbjerg was at Saints and see how he has fitted in at Spurs.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

lawro on 10:41 - Mar 9 with 871 viewsI_would

There might be a god after all.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2021 11:19]

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

lawro on 11:01 - Mar 9 with 848 viewssolent_toffee

lawro on 10:31 - Mar 9 by SaintNick

All joking aside I think JWP is good enough to play for a top team, he is 3 times the player Hojbjerg was at Saints and see how he has fitted in at Spurs.

Opinions and all that, but from whenever watched him lately apart from his dead balls, which he is fantastic at, he doesn’t do a great deal. He’s fairly weak in the tackle and doesn’t carry the ball well or have that much pace.

Maybe it’s because he’s in a struggling team and maybe he would fit in with better players around him that will free him up to do what he does best.
lawro on 11:43 - Mar 9 with 808 viewsTimSaint

The quote is actually from Garth Crooks, in his 'Team Of The Week' article.

It matters not, as both he and Lawro are complete bell pieces and after all, it is just someone's opinion. At least people are voicing their opinions about our players, so it shows that despite our poor run, we do still have a few good ones !!

TimSaint

lawro on 12:14 - Mar 9 with 780 viewsBicester_North

lawro on 11:01 - Mar 9 by solent_toffee

Opinions and all that, but from whenever watched him lately apart from his dead balls, which he is fantastic at, he doesn’t do a great deal. He’s fairly weak in the tackle and doesn’t carry the ball well or have that much pace.

Maybe it’s because he’s in a struggling team and maybe he would fit in with better players around him that will free him up to do what he does best.

You’re right about not being strong in the tackle but that isn’t really his job anyway, that is more for Romeu/Diallo. He’s still made more tackles than Declan Rice though.
JWP is a passer and mover and uses the ball intelligently. He’s good at reading the game and intercepts well. I think he’s looked better under Ralph as this quick transition style suits him. Another manager might not rate these attributes as so important I suppose.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

lawro on 12:36 - Mar 9 with 756 viewsSalisburySaint

Garth Crooks says same in his team of week article today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56324917

Bloody pundits !
Login to get fewer ads

lawro on 13:38 - Mar 9 with 702 viewssaint22

lawro on 11:43 - Mar 9 by TimSaint

The quote is actually from Garth Crooks, in his 'Team Of The Week' article.

It matters not, as both he and Lawro are complete bell pieces and after all, it is just someone's opinion. At least people are voicing their opinions about our players, so it shows that despite our poor run, we do still have a few good ones !!

Sorry my bad!!
lawro on 14:22 - Mar 9 with 652 viewsChesham_Saint

lawro on 13:38 - Mar 9 by saint22

Sorry my bad!!

Yuck! Pretentious Americanism alert..!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

lawro on 14:23 - Mar 9 with 651 viewsChesham_Saint

lawro on 09:56 - Mar 9 by solent_toffee

A shoe-in for Everton then?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

lawro on 15:14 - Mar 9 with 620 viewssolent_toffee

lawro on 14:23 - Mar 9 by Chesham_Saint

A shoe-in for Everton then?

Haha, possibly. A more mobile replacement for Sigurdsson?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024